• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 6,035 Views, 128 Comments

Silas Epista - Maneiac



This story has all you could ever want: aliens, ponies, and adventure. What else is it missing?

  • ...
94
 128
 6,035

First Contact [Rewritten]

You are strange. I've seen two drunk hobos use socks as condoms and try to sodomize each other before, and yelled to them, "Whoever finishes first has to eat the socks!" What does that say then, Ms. Shimmer, if I am the one calling YOU strange?

I opened my eyes calmly, staring up at the ceiling of my ship with a stoic face. “Damn, I have some fucked up dreams. At least I got a meeting squared away with that Princess Luna character. Still can’t believe there are talking ponies on this planet.” My thoughts swam with the implications of having to commune with talking ponies. This complicated things greatly for two reason. One; what if they shun carnivores like the plague, such as myself. And two: are they just as skittish as equines from my world.

Sitting up, I heard the sound of something papery making contact with the ground. It was a soft sound, like a short hiss of pleasure or something of the like. The sound itself was enough to catch my interest, so as I fixed my chair by sitting up, I let my head fall down to search for the paper.

I froze as my eyes lingered over the black gem embedded directly into the middle space between my pecs. Not believing this stone to be the Gem of Becoming, I hesitantly reached out and played my fingers upon it; tracing indiscernible patterns along its smooth face. The scales around its edges sunk in, making it look like someone decided to fill a hole in my chest with a large dark gem instead of healing it properly. A patchwork job, in other words.

“Well this is a thing, apparently,” I thought with a sigh, bending down even more to search for the letter. I had expected it to blend in with the all-white flooring from before the camouflage was activated, but I was rewarded instead with hardwood floors that were recently polished. This of course, made my job of grabbing the white paper easier.

“Come here you little bugger.” Snatching it between my index finger and thumb, I flipped piece of paper over to view what had to be the neatest cursive ever. All I had to do was make out the words “Dearest Silas” at the top to know who it was from.

“If you’re reading this, I have left. The Revolutionary War on Asla must be halted by the news of your child, so I had to leave the moment I awoke. Even though you have no memories to call upon in order to understand the hell plaguing Asla, I think that it’s for the best you have forgotten. The horrors you faced would’ve torn any other Draconian to smithereens mentally; myself included.

Even though you’re so far away from me now, I couldn’t help but leave a memento of myself with you. Where my Stalker Bot wounded you back on the Ark has now become a pool for self-replicating symbiotic nanomachines (Refer to it as a Fester). Their only purpose is to add another layer of ‘skin’ under your scales and speed up the regeneration process; which will need a considerable amount of food for excess energy. You will have to stay perfectly well fed, or the symbiotes will begin eating away at your body.

You might not remember the natural abilities of all Draconians, so let me explain the basic ones to you.

Draconic Sightline- The ability to enhance your vision up to twenty times, with the added effect of discerning magic infrastructure within objects.

Draconic Link- This can only be had between those who share a strong bond with you. It is literally the act of melding your minds as one to increase the strength of you both. Strength is limited to Physical and Arcane only.

Draconic Blood- The blood of the Alpha and Sigma Draconians surges with magic. With enough practice, you will be able to tilt the ratio of magic to blood in your body; a useful skill to have when in combat, as it will increase your magical input up to two-fold. Remember this, though; it is not a technique to be treaded upon lightly. If the magic in your blood saturates enough cells, your body will undergo Arcane Combustion. You will die.

Corpus Draconis/Draco Mutatio- NEVER use this unless the situation calls for it! A Draconian MUST have something worth returning to in his heart, or you will stay in your Lowborn form forever; eventually going mad from the strain it puts on your Will and Mind, and then you will be lost from all salvation. Someone you TRULY love must be in possession of a keyphrase to turn you back, or you will become the beast the Aslanians have sealed away over generations; an unstoppable force of destruction that will surely lay waste to that planet of yours. A behemoth of Greed, Pride, and Aggression in which will rise in power with each use. PLEASE make sure you have something to go back to, Silas.

I cannot tell you how much my unruly actions- no matter how you might view the “assault”- have helped the people of Asla in such a short amount of time. News of my pregnancy is spreading like wildfire amongst the Omega/Sigma forces. Even if you never remember anything about your homeworld, I hope you can rest easy knowing that you helped what could’ve become a massive genocide.

My thanks to you are everlasting, Silas. May your time on Equis be blessed by Lady Tiamat forevermore. And don’t worry, we’ll be in touch later~! ;)

With Love,

Goddess-Queen Atharva Sel’Narva Amaranth the Second.

I nodded my head in understanding, before folding the note up into a nice little square and sliding it into my jacket’s right chest pocket. Amazingly, the jacket itself was still unzipped; regardless of the fact that I had pulled its zipper down while in a dream, no less. “This new body has given me more problems already than any normal human could face in nine lifetimes. Not that it’s unwelcomed, just a little farfetched.”

I stood up then from my hunched over position, feeling a mighty stretch take over my body instantly as I bent backwards. A huge breath of air was sucked in at the beginning and exhaled at the end, leaving me with a smile on my face as I cracked my neck with my claws and then rolled my shoulders simultaneously a couple of times. “That was a good one! Mmm, I could never tire of that.”

As I made my way over to the wall where I had flown through to enter, my mind abruptly froze at a revelation of extreme importance. “How in the hell did I defeat Bolas so easily? The Voices in the Station had said they held him entrapped within my mind, but for what purpose? Why would trapping Bolas’s head benefit them, or HIM for that matter; because that was definitely a male’s voice I heard. “

“You okay there, Champ?”

It was only natural to turn my head towards whoever was speaking, and Siri would be no exception to this basic function as her voice called to me from my left. “I’m fine,” I sorta-lied. “What’s up with that new nickname, though? What made you start calling me that?”

Siri saw fit to fake receiving a bullet wound to her heart, putting on a face of shock and despair. “You don’t like it!? And here I thought capturing the way you treat others with a nickname would be smiled upon! You wound me, Champ; to the point where I just might die from a shattered heart!” It was at this point in time that Siri decided to give a final gurgle then fall backwards. Her body remained floating as I rolled my eyes, continuing onwards to my destination.

“Hey,” Siri called out with a hint of betrayal. “I wanna come too! Don’t just leave me here, asshole!” I turned around and crossed my arms, giving an irritated sigh to her for good measure.

“Just shut up and float next to me already, geez. I wanna check out this planet before it gets dark, because that’s a key time for predators to be out an’ about,” I reasoned sorely, which caused Siri to frown and cross her own arms. I felt my temple pound against my skull in response to that. “Hurry up,” I ordered, watching as she rolled her own eyes and floated over to me.

Before I could turn around and head through the opening, Siri darted into my left eye. There was a buzzing sound, a click, and then the whirring of an old television coming to life. “Good, it still works. My programs have been uploaded into your Sirios Unit, allowing a hologram like myself to travel using it as a hub. Now you may go.”

“Well aren’t you just a little treat,” I thought sarcastically, getting a whine from Siri not even a millisecond later. I easily connected the dots on that one. “Oh; you can hear my thoughts. You did say the Sirios Unit was for gathering, storing, and exporting information after all. Humorous, but this has now become somewhat of a boon.” I walked up to the door after speaking out loud, paused when I realized I just talked to myself, and then shrugged my shoulders as I kept it trucking.

“Ugh, why did I get stuck with you? There are exactly eight-trillion scaley-fucknuggets on that Tiamat-forsaken cesspool of pride and violence, but the universe saw fit to stick me with...” Her rant trailed off as I snickered, the entrance door to Judgement sliding up to reveal a shining sun that momentarily blinded me. “... Well, you. I don’t think no greater insult exists than you, as a matter of fact.”

“You can’t leave me hanging on the edge, awaiting a witty insult and then don’t deliver. You need to calm down, Satan, and reevaluate how you think about trivial matters like these. They could be very crucial in the long run,” I warned with a smile, hearing Siri snort as I blinked my eyes a couple of times to adjust them to Mr. Bright-And-Fuck-Your-Eyes above. A cold breeze washed across my face, making me smile at the delightful chin that clawed its way up and down my spine.

“How can you be so cheerful all the time? Isn’t that unhealthy, to ignore your anger and such for long periods of time,” Siri buzzed, causing me to guffaw loudly; some birds leaving their nests because of how loud the laugh was as I stepped the one step down onto the soft earth.

“Anger never solves anything, Siri. I remember some quotes heard throughout my meager life, Siri. They will do well in providing you an answer to the inquiries you so needlessly force down my frontal lobe.” I took a deep breath and curled my toes up into the cold-but-soft earth below, absolutely loving the smell of countryside and forest. Unsurprisingly, that’s where I had ended up; in the middle of a clearing inside a forest of evergreens and oak trees. The smell of pine was refreshing, to say the least, and the cool air definitely verified Siri’s claim to this side of Equis experiencing autumn.

“For every minute you spend angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” At the end of my quote, a particularly strong gust of wind assaulted me from the left side. For a moment there, locked inside that gust of wind, I thought the sound of voices was being carried. This was not the case, apparently, as no one showed up a few minutes later.

“You sound old; really old. That’s the kind of things those old geezers who don’t fight back on Asla would say to get the youth concentrated in giving their lives. That whole war is asinine, and may whoever instigated such a dark time in Draconian history be sodomized with a ‘Grobleneth Mrshalmnen’!” Siri was, as weird as this may sound, panting in my head.

“Stop that panting,” I thought strongly, using my inner voice authoritatively. “Also, for some odd reason, I interpreted that alien garbage as ‘Cactus Orchard’; which, when you actually think about it, still sounds painful as all hell.” I walked out into the forest, which only required three-to-four steps really. Twigs and leaves bore their backs to me like prisoners would a roman jailer with whip in hand; becoming crushed under heel as I pressed on through the discarded flora of mother nature.

To my left and right rested a calm sea of brown and green, with some odd specks of shining thread. I quickly realized these glinting wonders to be spider webs, or orphaned threads of silk that will forever remain useless like the lifeless leaves and sticks below me. This neverending stretch of green and brown bored me quickly, so I disregarded going left or right and continued forwards to the light breaking through the trees ahead.

Various bird calls enthralled me to look up, beholding yellow and green cardinal-looking avians fluttering about and communicating with one another. And then, almost as if for some slapstick comedy routine; this giant black bird barrels through the happily singing pair or avians with a very deep bellow of a chirp. This bird could’ve easily been the size of a toddler back on Earth, with a wingspan that stretched out further than the branches it stood on; why, it’s a small wonder it didn’t snap and make the bird plummet the ten feet down to the ground.

“It isn’t a raven, for their feat aren’t yellow. And it can’t be a crow, because their beaks aren’t yellow as well; and they’re definitely longer than the abrupt cone shape this bird has going on! The oil it’s giving off on the wings is similar to.... a blackbird?” I stared at the bird as it tilted its head at me, showcasing confused all-black orbs of perception. “No... it can’t be.”

The abyss-colored avian continued to look at me with unreadable eyes, which would blink every once and a while. It’s countenance was mystery itself, but an air of rare majesticness whispered sweet nothings into my consciousness as we gazed each other down. All the wind from earlier had gone completely silent, and all the bird calls stopped as well. Apparently, they were paying respect to his fear-inducing beast of the woods.

Slowly, I slid my left claw up to the handle of Zaelstrom and awaited the bird to do something stupid. My action caused the monstrous blackbird to cock his head the other way, giving a deep caw of wonder. “I’m going to kill you should you attack me, Mcnuggets,” I warned sharply, then went wide eyed and dropped my guard at the same time when a startling realization came over me.

I just threatened a bird. Not only did I threaten a bird with actual words, but I even went so far as to use an insult normally resolved for a certain type of barnyard foul. “This world is doing strange things to my mind. Must be something in this air, no matter how serene and crisp it might seem.” Using my nose, I took a precautionary sniff of the surrounding area.

My nasal receptors distinguished the smell of forest, with a subtle hint of mango and strawberries. I can’t tell you why it was mango and strawberries; my brain just sort of pushed it out from my memory banks. And then, just as I pinpointed the scent down as one directly ahead of my position, the blackbird called out to me louder than before.

“What do you want!?” Swinging my head to face the bird about four feet above me, I contorted my face into a frown and awaited some type of response. And what I received was too weird for me not to raise my brow at. The blackbird lifted a single talon and pointed at something to the left of my head.

Keeping my eye on the bird, I slowly turned my head to the left to inspect whatever had interested it. I nearly jumped out of my scales when it squawked awfully loud, just as I passed the zone of my shoulder. Stopping, I slid my head back to the right a little bit, earning a drawn-out caw as indication for me to keep going.

As I came back around, the blackbird made another awfully loud squawk when my eyes settled on my shoulder. Frowning my face up in confusion at what the bird wanted from my shoulder, I began to ponder just that. The realization hit me like an offended barmaid, causing me to shake my head rapidly. “You want to get on my shoulder,” I tried with unsurety, looking back at the monstrous bird for a reply.

It cawed and nodded its head.

“...Why?” I was honestly baffled.

I then made sure my nose knew the smell of my claw by slapping it upon my face; the blackbird causing this to happen because it gave me the ever-effective “Are you fucking kidding me?” head tilt and look.

“You’re a bird; you can’t talk. Right.” I sighed deeply and looked back up at the massive bird. There were no qualms that came to mind about letting it on my shoulder, save for the most obvious one. I pointed a claw up at it and glared. “Shit on my jacket, and I’ll be plucking feathers out of my teeth. Capiche?”

Blackbird cawed cheerily and swooped down onto my shoulder, batting me in the face a couple of times with its heavy wings. I sputtered as its feathers tried to invade my mouth, but the flapping died down after three more seconds or so. Giving the winged annoyance a good glare for troubling me so, which earned me a pair of shrugged...shoulders; I continued forward, following the smells of mango and strawberry.

“If you’re thinking about tagging along, I don’t rightly see a problem with it,” I said as I maneuvered through the middle of two trees leaning against each other, making a n ‘X’ as their gap. “I just need to come up with a name for you. Can’t keep calling you ‘The Bird’, even though it would be quite funny if I gave you away while you held that title, heheh,” I laughed briefly, earning myself a glare from the blackbird as a result.

It cawed at me, getting close to my eye with its beak.

“Alright, alright; I’ll stop with the jokes you partypooper. Now onto more serious matters,” I said cheerily while moving an obstructing evergreen branch to the side with my claw, holding it there until I passed by. It snapped back into place a millisecond after release. “How about.... OH! Yeah, that’s a good one! How about, Bridge?” I stopped and looked at the blackbird, watching with with a happy smile until it frowned and shook its head.

“Blast,” I snapped, hoping I had chance to use that name as a reference to a song I liked. “Are you female, then?”

The blackbird nodded.

“Bridgette,” I responded quickly. The blackbird put its wing to its chin and thought about it. “My mind is so full of what right now.” Shaking my head rapidly, I settled my eyes back onto the bird just as it made its face strain with the notion of ‘You’re almost there, but you don’t got me yet.’

“Altaria Bridgette,” I finished with a smile, praising myself mentally for the nice save. The blackbird thought about it again, and then smiled as it nodded. I gave a laugh and continued forwards. “Altaria Bridgette it is! Nice to meet ya!”

Altaria cawed her happiness to a new name and my acquaintanceship.

Stepping over the last patch of shrubbery, I came across something quite peculiar. There was another clearing here, and in it was something I will never forget for the rest of my bizarre life.

Even though I had seen a unicorn in my dreams before, I wasn’t quite ready to see a unicorn and a baby minotaur playing catch with a giant rubber ball. The unicorn was using her golden horn; and I say her because of the overly-pronounced eyelashes thing they unicorns share apparently. Her body was the same type of lustrous gold as her horn, and the mane on top of her head reminded me of rubies and topaz. curled magnificently into a fancy style that hung off the side of her head neatly.

Her color scheme was unforgiving to even the most dull of eyes, and mine were no exception. The minotaur she was playing with, however, showed no discomfort towards her makeup.

Toddler sized, cloven hooves thudded along the ground rapidly as the small calf ran away from the unicorn who, probably to his overwhelmingly abundant joy; had initiated a game of tag as their ball was sent airborne once more. The minotaur calf laughed deeper than a girl would, so I labeled his green overall-wearin’ ass a boy. His dark-brown tresses fell down about shoulder length, a tangle of curls with no intention of being combed out. It reminded me of aged jungle vines, his hair.

Altaria decided to initiate first contact without my say-so, however, and abruptly caught the attention of them both. I had to stop myself from doing a dry spit take as the unicorn and minotaur froze and looked at me mid-step; their eyes alight with the natural instinct of flight against an obvious predator; the dragon.

Raising my eyebrow at the somewhat-far duo, I called out questioningly, “Are you done being rude?”

They simply stayed there, but a flicker of movement from the unicorn’s pink tongue sliding out over its lips gave me a little pause myself. That slow lick turned into a rapid shake of the head as she snapped herself out of her fear lock. Turning her head so I couldn’t see her lips move through her mane, the unicorn whispered something into the ear of the minotaur calf.

Yawning at the whole ordeal, I placed both hands behind my head and leaned up onto a tree. Atlantia flew up into the tree branch right next to my head, looking out towards our recent find with a stoic countenance.

It took about a minute, but the unicorn eventually nudged the minotaur away from my general direction. He took off to places unknown behind the foliage on their side of the clearing, which I could see very well without the need for my Draconic Sightline.

I gave a small smile some leeway on my mouth as the unicorn began an unsure walk up to me. She kept looking back at the foliage behind her, checking to see if the minotaur had listened to her. When she saw that he did, her walk became a little more brisk and hurried; her head facing the ground as she chugged her way towards me like a coal train.

Stopping just feet shy from my position, she raised her head and smiled. “Are you a teenage dragon; yes or no?” Her voice wasn’t like anything I had pictured. It had traces of recently-terminated adolescence, reminding me of those ‘early twenties’ die hard partying girls, with none of the surfer accent but plenty of sophistication. One could even mistake it for being snooty, her way of speaking.

I stared into her crystal blue eyes for a while before chuckling. “Lady, you have no idea."