• Published 20th Jun 2013
  • 445 Views, 2 Comments

To Be Bold! - Whirl Wind



Bold Character, Whirl Wind's son, has an interesting life after the war.

  • ...
9
 2
 445

Chapter 3

Chapter Three: It’s Magic!

All four of them were driving towards the hospital and Bold was clinging to his chair in fear while Windy was having the time of her life. “Wow, this thing is really cool! How does it work?” she asked happily.

“Internal combustion system. We use an explosive fuel that runs a motor and it makes the wheels spin at a fast rate.” Robert explained.

“YOU MEAN IT RUNS ON EXPLOSIONS?!” Bold asked loudly as he closed his eyes.

“Windy, can you calm him down a bit. Cars are really safe and we have been using them for many years.” Robert said with a chuckle.

Windy grabbed Bold’s hoof as he started to hyperventilate. “Calm down Bold, it’s okay. Nothing bad is going to happen and you need to be ready in case Star Scribe is at the museum.”

Bold opened his eyes and his breathing returned to normal. “Alright… alright…”

Robert let out another chuckle as he saw them holding hooves in the back seat through his mirror. “A unicorn and a pegasus holding hooves. That is something I thought I would never see in my lifetime.”

They pulled up to the museum and it had quite a few ponies outside. Robert parked and they all got out. He lead them into the museum and to the display where they had Celestia’s broach. Bold walked up to the display and used his magic to see if it was real. When he confirmed it was he walked up to a nearby police officer before looking to Robert. Robert gave him a nod and Bold tapped on the officer’s shoulder. “Yes, how can I help you sir?” the officer asked.

Bold let out a deep breath. “The museum is holding a piece of stolen property on display. The new broach they acquired is actually a piece of magical jewelry and it is property of Princess Celestia of Equestria.”

The officer laughed a little bit. “Listen, I have had three attempts of ponies coming up to me and telling me that the broach was stolen from them and unless you… have… proof…” he trailed off as Bold showed him the picture of the princesses. “One moment sir. I will talk to the administrator.” The officer left and came back with the administrator of the museum.

“What is this outrageous accusation? This is the broach of the sun goddess, we have confirmed this based on the markings.” the administrator said with an annoyed tone.

Bold held up the picture. “You mean her?” he said in a slightly cocky tone.

The administrator’s jaw dropped and he looked at the picture closely. “This is a fake… it has to be…”

“We are from the land of Equestria where she rules. Without this broach she is dying so we must have it back right away.” Bold explained.

“According to the law we must verify this pictures authenticity.” the officer said.

“We really don’t have time. Why don’t I just take you to meet her?” Bold offered in desperation.

“Take us to the sun goddess? Impossible.” the administrator scoffed.

“Listen, she is dying. Now you either take me up on my offer and I take you to my princess or… I will use my magic to take the broach by force. Either way I will have it… the princess’s condition is too dire for me to wait too long.”

The officer puffed up his chest. “Is that a threat?”

“It is a promise. Please, just let me take you to her.” Bold pleaded.

The administrator scoffed again. “Magic is impossible. Officer, this pony is crazy. You must do something.”

“I think we should give it a try. This young stallion has a sincere look and if he were crazy he would have tried to steal the broach before asking for it.” the officer explained.

“Fine, take us to your princess.” the administrator said mockingly. “This ought to be good.”

Bold took a small knife and reopened his wound on his hoof. He started to draw the rune on the floor before Windy walked over and wrapped Bold’s hoof. The rune started to glow and so did Bold’s horn. “Stand close to me sirs.” he requested. The two stood closer in an unconvinced manner. Bold smirked before they were sucked through a portal and placed inside of Canterlot castle. “Welcome to Equestria.” Bold said before they were surrounded by guards.

The officer looked around in awe while the administrator shook in place. “I knew he was telling the truth…” the officer said weakly.

“Guards, take us to Princess Celestia’s chambers. It is vital that these two see her.” Bold instructed.

Shining Armor walked up to him and smiled. “Bold, Sunny told me you would return. Where is the broach? Celestia will not last much longer.” he said worriedly.

“Prince Armor, we need to see Celestia now.” he said urgently.

Shining Armor nodded and started to escort them to the princess’s room. When they arrived the doors opened slowly to reveal an almost skeletal figure laying on the bed with Luna standing next to it straining. The administrator fainted and the officer’s jaw dropped. “We have to get the broach back now. Return us to the museum and we will get it for you right away.” the officer said sincerely. Bold nodded and cut himself open again. He was getting woozy from the blood loss but kept himself conscious as he swiftly returned them to the museum. Everypony in the museum started to panic. “Everypony calm down! We are returning the broach to its rightful owner!” the officer said as he walked up to the broach. He took it out and gave it to Bold. “Hurry, she doesn’t have much time.”

Bold took the broach and started to draw another rune. “Windy, come on… Charlie… we’ll be back…” he said weakly.

Windy ran next to Bold and he started to teleport. A yell came from the crowd and Star Scribe ran forward trying to stop them. A loud explosion sounded before they teleported into Celestia’s bedroom. Bold had crumpled into a heap with burn marks on his face and chest while Windy remained unscathed. She took the broach and quickly ran to Celestia and put it on her. “Please work, please work, please work.” she cried sadly.

Instantly the life began to return to Celestia’s body and she started to breathe on her own again. Luna collapsed on the floor and Shining Armor ran to aid her. Windy looked over to Bold and saw he wasn’t breathing. “Bold!” she shouted as she jumped over Shining Armor and Luna and started to try and revive him. “Breathe, BREATHE!” she shouted as she blew air into his lungs. Shining Armor started to wrap Bold’s wounds once he was done helping Luna and suddenly Bold started to breathe again. Windy sat on the floor panting for air as Bold opened his one of his eyes, the other was burnt shut. “Don’t you scare me like that again…” she said softly.

Bold closed his eye and nodded. “Charlie… the others…”

“I don’t know what happened… Star Scribe blew the whole damn museum… I hope they are okay.” Windy said softly.

“We need to get back and help…” Bold said as he tried to stand up.

Shining Armor pressed him back down. “Don’t move. Your injuries are too severe. Whatever it is you are talking about will have to wait. Star Scribe will be brought to justice, don’t you worry.” he said sincerely.

Bold used his magic to push Shining Armor off of him. “We need to help them! Windy use my blood to draw the rune now!” he said as he stood on his hooves wobbling.

Windy shook her head. “We can’t help them if you die after teleport. You need to heal first.”

Bold pulled out his knife and Shining Armor knocked him unconscious. “Sorry Bold… but I had to do that…” he said as he picked Bold up and put Bold on his back. “I’ll get him to the infirmary. You stay here with the prince…”

“No, let her go with you…” Celestia said weakly as she started to stir.

Shining Armor knew better than to argue. He simply nodded and gesture Windy to follow. Bold’s blood leaked behind him as they walked at a brisk pace to the infirmary. Sunny was waiting for them there and so was Dr. Ray. “Get him on the bed now.” Dr. Ray said urgently.

Shining Armor placed him on the bed gently and Dr. Ray got to work. “I leave him in your caring hooves. I will go attend to the princesses.” he said before leaving.

Bold’s eye opened slowly and he saw Sunny first. “I… we did it…” he said softly.

Sunny put a hoof on Bold’s face gently. “Yes, you did. Equestria owes you a debt. Now stay still and let the doctor heal you.”

“He has severe magical burns… but he will be fine. However he will have to wear an eye patch for a couple of months.” Dr. Ray said as he placed an eye patch over Bold’s burnt eye.

Bold looked at Dr. Ray. “Can I go back now…? I need to help them…”

“You lost too much blood. You have to rest for at least a day.” Dr. Ray said sternly.

“No! I have to go back now!” Bold said angrily as he tried to get up.

Windy pinned him down with one hoof. “Okay, you can go if you can get up.” she said as she started to push against him. He tried to move but he couldn’t. “Now stay there and rest. I am sure Charlie is fine.” she lied.

Bold didn’t respond, he merely passed out. “Finally… the sedative spell kicked in. Windy, stay here for him when he wakes up. I need to head back to the base and treat three new recruits.”

Windy gave him a salute as he and Sunny walked out of the room. She held his hoof and rubbed it gently. “Oh Bold… we did it… the princess is safe…”

Bold mumbled as he stirred. “W-Windy…”

“Shhhh… no need to speak… just rest…”

“Windy… Windy…”

“What is it Bold?”

“I love you…”

****

Bold’s eye slowly opened just before dawn. He felt significantly better than yesterday and stretched out in the bed. Windy was the only other one in the room and she had fallen asleep in her chair. Bold put his blanket over her and stood up with a smile. The sound of hoofsteps could be heard in the hallway and Bold went to investigate. He opened the door and caught sight of Princess Luna walking down the hall. Silently he followed her to a garden courtyard and watched as she walked up to the large fountain. “Even the most silent of ponies cannot sneak up on me. Come from the shadows.” she said softly.

Bold walked out from where he was and next to Luna. “I did not mean to disturb you…”

“Nonsense, it is good to have company since Sunny left to continue the training of the new recruits.” she said with a small smile. “Bold… thank you for saving my sister.”

“I couldn’t have done it without the help of many. There are ponies in that other land that might be gravely injured… ponies that helped me retrieve the broach and save your sister. The only thing I want to do now is help them and bring Star Scribe to justice.”

“You shall, after my sister speaks with you. She said she had something urgent to talk to you about.”

“Urgent? Did something else happen?”

“No, I believe she just wants to express her appreciation for saving her but she had to make it sound official. My sister always over exaggerates things.”

“Princess, can I ask you something… personal?”

“Of course Bold, what is it?”

“Is there room for love when you have so much duty on your plate?”

Lune giggled a bit at his question. “That’s the thing about love. It gets its own special plate that is never ending. Good thing too, because you can never get enough love. Are you and Windy…?”

“Well… I love her but… I can never tell if she loves me back or just feels bad for me… for being so different…”

Luna hummed in understanding. “Yes… I know what you mean. When Sunny and I first started dating it was hard for me to understand why he loved me for who I was despite what I had been. But he understood my plight more than anypony else in Equestria, he was just like me. I think Windy might see a bit of herself in you Bold, and she likes it.”

“When I look at her all I see is a mare that I have been able to relate to. Somepony that I stayed up with and shared myself with fully, without any difficulties or judgment. Somepony who will not only accept who I am, but will love who I am just because I am what I am.”

They remained silent for a while before Luna spoke again. “And you love her for who she is.”

“More than just who she is… I can’t explain it but I feel as though we are connected in a way that I never thought I could be to another pony. Like… I can feel her heart beat… and hear…”

“Her thoughts? Like you can see what she sees and feel what she feels? You can feel her wings move and she can feel you use your magic?” Windy’s voice sounded from behind them.

Luna smiled and Bold turned around slowly. “I… I had a feeling you were there. So…? Do you have an answer to my question… do you love me or do you just feel sorry for me?”

Windy walked up to him and looked into his eyes. “I don’t know what this feeling is… I-I-I…” she breathed lightly. “I just don’t know…” She seemed like she was upset, almost crying.

Bold hugged her gently. “It’s okay Windy, you don’t need to tell me.”

“I’ve never felt this way about any pony before… I am used to being alone all the time… not having somepony to watch my back… but… you are more than that but I don’t know what you are to me…” she said as she started to cry a bit. “You seem to be… everything… When you were injured and you stopped breathing… I felt like I was dying… that if you died I would die too…”

“When the explosion happened in the museum I moved in front of you. That is why this side of me is burnt. It’s the reason why you were unharmed. At that moment I didn’t care if I had lived or died, as long as you were safe I didn’t care. I didn’t care about anything else, nothing.” Bold rambled sadly.

They both embraced each other tightly. “Are we… are we going back?” Windy asked softly.

“That is up to you, we can stay if you don’t want to go back…”

“I think we have to… for Charlie… and Robert… we have to see if they are okay.”

“I am glad you think so. Let’s see if Celestia is awake.” Bold said with a smile as they broke away from their hug. “Thank you Princess Luna…”

“Yes, thank you your highness.” Windy said before she and Bold started to walk back inside. Windy rubbed her head against Bold’s neck as they walked.

Bold smiled and pushed gently back against her. “Isn’t it great to be different?” he asked softly.

“It’s wonderful.” she replied happily.

They reached Celestia’s bedroom and the guards didn’t acknowledge them. Bold tapped on the door gently and Celestia’s voice sounded from the other side. “Come in.” They walked inside and closed the door behind them. “Bold, Windy, it is good to see you.”

“And it is good to see you feeling better.” Bold said with a smile. He couldn’t help himself. He walked over to Celestia and hugged her tightly and Windy joined soon after.

Celestia giggled a bit and hugged them both in return. “Thank you both for saving my life. I don’t know how I can repay you.”

“There is no need to repay us princess. Seeing you well is all the payment we could have ever hoped for.” Windy said as they pulled away from their hug.

“What will you do now? Will you return to the other land?” Celestia asked curiously.

“We have to your highness. We made a promise.” Bold said proudly.

“Then I wish you luck and I wish to give you both something as well.” Celestia said as she walked over to her dresser and pulled out two scrolls. “Written on these scrolls is a special message for each of you. Don’t read these until you return with Star Scribe.”

“How do you we won’t die trying to capture Star Scribe?” Windy asked curiously as she took her scroll and latched it to her belt.

“Because Star Scribe himself is weak. The attack he used was planned weeks in advance and he will not be able to use the same kind of magic in the other land.” Celestia explained.

“What do you mean exactly?” Bold asked curiously.

“You must have noticed that magic is harder to use in their land. It is because they have damaged the magic in their land with hatred and greed. It… it is an inhospitable land but not a lost one…” Celestia said guiltily. “I have to admit… I knew about this land since it was created but… I ignored it fearing that the hatred would spread here.”

Bold frowned deeply. “You ignored these suffering ponies? Princess… you are kidding right? Trying to motivate us somehow…”

Celestia shook her head. “You have to understand… I didn’t want this land to fall like it did… you saw what the ponies are like there. No cutie marks, no magic, SLAVES!” she said angrily.

Bold stomped his hoof on the ground. “You abandoned them! Now they are left to suffer! No, no they aren’t! Because I will go back and save them.” he said as he pulled out his knife.

“Ah ah ah! Dr. Ray drew some blood so you wouldn’t have to cut yourself again.” Windy said as she glanced between him and Celestia.

Bold took the blood and drew the proper runes on the ground. “When we return Celestia, don’t be surprised if I don’t feel like speaking to you for a while.” he said before activating the runes and teleported them to the other land.

When they arrived they looked around the room they were in. It was the museum, but with a large hole in the floor where they had last teleported out. They walked outside and were greeted with several officers rushing up to them. “Freeze! Don’t move!” the captain shouted.

Bold and Windy both froze where they stood. “We have come to find the stallion who stole the broach from our princess.” Bold said loudly.

The captain blew his whistle and the officers stopped in their track. He walked up to the pair and looked Bold straight in the eye. “You were with officer Dublin when he was on guard here. It would sadden you to know he and several others suffered severe burns in the explosion.”

“There was a little colt, named Charlie and his father Robert. What happened to them?”

The captain shook his head slowly. “A dark red unicorn colt… he died on the scene… his father made it through with several shrapnel wounds to the chest, neck and face.” he said sadly.

Windy clenched her eyes shut and tears leaked from them. “Oh Charlie…” she said softly.

The captain looked at her with an odd expression. “Why do you care? I would think that a pegasi would revel in a unicorn’s death.” he said in a slight tone of anger. Bold had to hold her back from attacking the captain. Once she calmed down Bold gave her a light tap on the back. “I’m sorry, I forgot that you aren’t from here. Officer Dublin told me how your world is different than ours and I let hate block my judgment.”

“It’s okay, just remember that in the future that I am an equal and I care about all of your lives… especially the lives of your foals…” Windy said as she continued to cry softly.

Bold sighed and looked at the captain. “We are here to help you in your investigation. We don’t care who gets to take him prisoner, we just want justice served.” he said sternly.

The captain nodded and held out his hoof. “My name is Captain Jim. I accept your offer to help in this joint operation. We accept you too.” he said as he gestured to Windy. “I don’t know what things are like in your world exactly but if you are in law enforcement then you are welcome to help.”

They both nodded together. “Can we go to the hospital where the victims are being treated? I need to ask some of them what they saw so I can analyze the magic that was used.” Bold said with a stalwart look on his face.

“Yes, I figured that would be the best place to start as well. Come with me, we’ll take my patrol car.” Jim said as he led them to his car. “Do you have these where you come from?”

“No.” Bold said simply as they all got in.

“So, you don’t have cars? How do you get around?” Jim asked curiously.

“Well I fly pretty much everywhere unless I am traveling between cities I take the train.” Windy said with a smile.

“I guess I teleport everywhere now. It is much easier than taking a train, which I always get sick on, or taking an airship.” Bold explained with a neutral tone.

Jim scoffed and chuckled. “Magic, it is becoming a big pain in the flank for me. I wish none of your ponies had ever come here.” he said honestly.

“The pony we are hunting, Star Scribe, he is from here.” Bold said a bit angrily.

Jim remained silent for a moment. “I think you are mist…”

“I know it is hard to believe sir but there are many reasons that lead me to believe that he is from here. The thing that confirms it is that he doesn’t have a cutie mark.” Bold interrupted.

“That symbol on your flank?” Jim asked.

“Yes, it is a magical mark we get when we discover our special talent that makes us unique.” Bold explained.

“And somepony puts it on you?”

“No, it just appears when you discover what your talent is.” Windy explained.

Jim shook his head as they pulled up to the hospital. “Magical marks… magical explosions… it’s all so strange…”

They came to a stop in a priority parking space and got out. “What is strange to you is perfectly normal for us. Minus the explosions.” Windy said solemnly as they walked inside of the hospital.

“No no no! No servants are permitted in…” the hospital’s officers started before Windy tackled him to the ground and tied his mouth shut.

“Sorry, but I’m not a servant, I am an officer of the law in Equestria and you will do well to respect that, got it?” Windy said harshly.

Jim was amazed at how easily Windy had taken down one of his trained officers as the officer underneath Windy nodded with tears in his eyes. “Very impressive Ms. Wisp. It seems that Officer Bret here learned his lesson. Could you let him up now?” Jim asked with a smile.

Windy got off of the officer and took off the rope. The officer got up and rubbed his jaw. “Sorry, I am just tired of being degraded as though I am less important than a unicorn.” Windy said apologetically.

“Yeah well, I wasn’t ready.” the officer said defiantly.

“Are you ready now?” Windy asked with a smirk.

“Well of course I a…” the officer started before Windy took him down again and hog tied him faster than you could say the word ‘servant’.

Jim laughed loudly and pulled the officer aside while he was still tied up. He leaned the officer up against the wall and said, “I think you can stay there until our business is concluded.” He got on the radio and called in a replacement officer before taking the others to the elevator. He pressed a button and they started to rise. “I take it you are more than just law enforcement. You must be some kind of government specialist.”

“No, I am just well trained and really angry about how pegasi are treated here.” Windy said in a stressed tone.

Jim sighed and looked at her. “Listen, I am not for how the other species are treated but I can’t have you tackling everypony who yells at you for doing something a pegasi would never dream of doing here. Okay?”

“Alright… I’ll try.” Windy said with a wink. Bold remained silent and his expression remained neutral. He just stared at the door as they ascended. Windy saw his expression and poked his side. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

Bold just blinked and looked down. “Charlie is dead… and Celestia, she… you know… asking Robert these questions is going to be hard…” he said softly.

“Emotional detachment is essential in our line of work. You can’t get too close to anypony.” Jim said sternly.

“Not for us. Our emotions motivate us to protect all ponies and work for their future safety.” Windy said softly.

“An interesting approach, I’m not sure it will work here though. Although… it would be nice to make some friends on the force.” Jim said as the elevator came to a halt.

The doors opened and they walked up to the floor’s operational desk. “We are looking for a brown stallion named Robert.” Bold said calmly.

“That patient has refuses visitors. Come back later.” the receptionist said.

“This is official police business. Please give us the room number.” Jim said as he pulled out his badge.

“Room 235 captain. Sorry for the delay.” the receptionist said apologetically.

The three of them walked down the hall and opened the indicated room. Robert was curled up on the bed facing away from the door. “I said no visitors… so you must be a nurse… what do you want?” he said quietly.

“Robert, it’s us…” Windy said softly.

Robert turned over and looked at them with wide, wet eyes. “Windy, Bold, you came back… I… I take it you heard what happened?” he asked sadly.

Bold nodded slowly. “Yes… Robert this is my fault. I should have insisted that you leave after we arrived at the museum. It’s my fault Charlie… died…” he said solemnly.

Robert got out of bed, ran up to Bold and looked him right in the eyes. “No, it was that grey ponies fault! He killed Charlie, not you!”

“But if…”

“NO! Now you listen to me carefully, it was NOT your fault!” Robert sobbed as he broke down and hugged Bold as he fell to the ground.

Jim looked at them and sighed. “I’ll be outside. Report to me what he says.” he said as he walked out of the room.

Bold’s eyes started to tear up. “We are going to get Star Scribe and bring him to justice, but first you need to get back into bed.”

Robert looked at Bold and stood back up. “I’m not injured… they held me here for… psychological reasons… I… I…” he sobbed.

“Robert, we need your help. Can you tell us where Star Scribe went? Or can you give us a clue?” Windy asked as she put a wing over his back.

Robert shuddered at the feeling of the wing on his back. “After the explosion I leaped on him… our horns touched and some kind of raw magical discharge threw me back… I saw what he was planning Windy… he wants to take over this land… stage a coup d’état…”

“Why? What is the reasoning behind it?” Bold asked urgently.

“He wants to destroy this land… he wants it all gone… once he is the leader for our land he is going to start a war with the dragons… and they will burn everything…” Robert seemed to be getting weaker as he spoke.

“Robert, stay with me. Where did he go?” Bold asked as he lifted Robert to his hooves.

Robert started to sob even more. “Charlie’s gone… my little colt… gone…”

“Where did Star Scribe go Robert?! We need to find him!” Bold yelled as he shook Robert.

“To the capitol! He went to the capitol!” Robert screamed as he sobbed. “Charlie! Why wasn’t it me?! Why couldn’t it have been me?!”

Bold lifted Robert with his magic and placed him on his bed and tucked him in tightly. Tears ran down Bold’s face. “I’ll bring Star Scribe to justice… I promise… Come on Windy, let’s go.”

Windy started to follow before she turned around. “Robert, when this is over. You will be coming back with us.” she said softly before they left.

They walked back down the hall silently and when they were in the elevator doors closed, Bold spoke. “We need to go to the capitol. Star Scribe is somewhere in the capitol.” he said in a slightly angry tone.

“Very well, I will get you there as fast as I can. I just need some information from you first.” Jim said as he pressed the stop button on the elevator. “What technology do you use to use magic and how did Star Scribe get ahold of it?”

“It’s magic, plain and simple.” Bold said in a neutral tone.

“Can we use the technology to find Star Scribe?” Jim asked with an irritated tone.

“I can use magic to find him yes.”

“Can you give us the tech…”

“IT’S MAGIC! It’s not something you can acquire! You are born with it!” Bold said angrily.

“Then why can’t I use it?! Why can’t I use it to defend my ponies?!” Jim asked as he got in Bold’s face.

Bold pressed their horns together and a loud pop sent Jim reeling into the side of the elevator. Bold gasped and helped him up. “Jim! Jim, I’m sorry! I don’t know what happened!” he said apologetically.

Jim shook his head and groaned in pain. “What did you do to me?” he asked wearily.

“Bold… his flank…” Windy said as she pointed to the shield on Jim’s flank.

“He has a cutie mark… Jim, do you know what this means?” Bold asked excitedly.

Jim was a bit panicked at the sight of the shield on his flank. “No! No I don’t know what that means!” he said in a worried tone.

“It means your special talent is protecting the ponies of this land! You earned your cutie mark because you put keeping the ponies safe above your own job. Congratulations.” Bold said with a smile.

“I… feel different… like that if I tried to do something other than protect ponies it would be the wrong thing.” Jim said worriedly.

“Don’t worry, it’s just your cutie mark telling you what you do well. You will be fine, just keep doing what you are doing.” Windy said with a smile. “Now let’s get going.”

Jim regained his composure and his horn started to glow. The elevator’s restart button was pressed and the elevator started moving again. “What the… I… I just did that… without thinking about it… it just happened! How did I do it?!”

“Remain calm Jim. I guess that you have tapped into some hidden magic powers within yourself when you earned your cutie mark. Just try to take it easy for a moment.” Bold said as the doors to the elevator opened.

They walked through the lobby and heard a muffled cry coming from somewhere as they reached the door. Jim looked over and untied the officer without thinking and gasped as he did so. They quickly ran outside and to Jim’s car. Once inside Bold looked at Jim with a worried expression. “Jim… calm down.”

Jim was breathing heavily and sparked started to fly from his horn and he let out a scream of pure horror. Bold clapped a hoof over Jim’s mouth. “Magic is very emotionally tied Jim, you need to take a deep breath and calm down. Just breathe slowly… that’s it.” Bold said as Jim started to calm down. “I’m going to take my hoof away now and you will stay calm, okay?” Jim nodded and Bold took his hoof away.

Jim sat there for a moment breathing slowly and staring at the steering wheel. “What did you do to me?”

Bold shook his head. “I guess I did what you wanted… I gave you magic… I don’t know how, but it will no doubt help us. Just… stay calm.”

Jim nodded and turned on the car with his magic. “I have to admit… it is convenient to do things without thinking about it…” he said as he pulled out of the parking lot.