• Published 16th Jun 2013
  • 6,791 Views, 84 Comments

A Dash of Youth - Everfree23



After a bad run in with some poison joke, Dash finds herself a young foal. She's back to her youngest state, and with no way of returning, (except for growing up, of course) will she ever live normally again?

  • ...
30
 84
 6,791

Poison Joke

Rainbow Dash smiled boldly and she dipped down, then shot back up again, her wings flapping ferociously as she did so. She was going faster than anypony in Ponyville could ever dream of. After all, she was the fastest flyer. She closed her eyes and jolted forward, relaxing. She began to think about her friends. She loved them more than anything, but she never really had any other friends. Gilda, of course, had left her. Where was Gilda now? What was she doing with her life? Probably nothing special. She began to doze off in thought.

Suddenly, she was overcome with incredible crushing pain in her whole body. She had crashed into a cliff side. She screamed in pain and dropped to the ground moaning. She rolled onto her side, and felt for any injuries. None. How on earth was she okay? Maybe the cliff didn't injure her, but what about that fall? What cushioned both hits? She rolled her eyes up towards the cliff face, and gasped. Bright blue poison joke was flowering up the side of it, and it was also under her. She wailed and dove into the air, flapping her wings. She jumped up and raced towards Ponyville, wincing from her previous pain. She was finally at the edge of the Everfree forest when her wings cramped, and froze at her sides. She hit the ground with a horrible thud.

"Hey! What gives?!" she huffed to nobody. Then, another wave of pain. She squealed as a blinding flash of light formed around her. She felt the world grow around her, and felt her body move as she howled in agony. Suddenly, all the pain was gone. "What...what just happened?" she mumbled. Her voice. It was higher. Raspier. Like a foal. She flapped her wings, but her body didn't flinch. She fell flat on her face, and whined.

"Rainbow Dash? Is that you? Impossible! What in Equestria happened to you?" asked a clear, anxious voice.

"Twilight! You have to help me! It was the poison joke! I can't fly, I'm a foal!" Rainbow Dash begged.

"I can see that...Here, come with me." Twilight replied, lifting Rainbow onto her back. Rainbow yawned. What was she going to do? Twilight would know, she could help her. It was no big deal, right? Before she could go any further, she was fast asleep.

When she finally awoke, she was in Twilight's house, obviously still not grown. She moaned, and noticed a soft surface below her. She much be in a bed of some sort. Just then, Twilight entered the room. "Rainbow, I have to make a confession. It's not one I'm proud of admitting, but I have to. You see, I've always wanted a daughter. But honestly, I'm not interested in many stallions...Only that caramel colored one, the guard in the crystal empire. You know, that one I met when Sunset Shimmer stole my crown? Well, Rainbow, you're my new daughter!" Twilight beamed.

Rainbow Dash gawked. What a horrifying idea! There was no way she would be a daughter to Twilight, ever! She sighed, and thudded back. Ow! Where's the pillow? Dash thought as her head hit something hard. "Be careful, Rainbow Dash!" scolded Twilight.

Rainbow Dash rubbed the back of her head and looked down. There was no bed. The soft platform was nothing but her diaper. She gasped. Twilight had given her a diaper! "Twilight, are you crazy!? Get this thing off me!" she wailed, wrestling hopelessly with her padding.

"Shh...Calm down Dashie, I bet you're just hungry." Twilight grinned as she lifted the flailing filly off the ground and into a high chair. She then calmly walked to her fridge, and pulled out a simple bottle of baby food. Dash gulped. This couldn't be happening! It had to be a dream! If she hadn't been so stupid, she wouldn't have crashed! She would be flying! It would be amazing and she burst above the cloud layer! A small tear rolled down her cheek and onto her high chair. Twilight glanced at Rainbow. She was angrily batting at Owlicious, who cowardly dashed towards Twilight. "Owlicious, move, I'm trying to cook!" she snarled. The owl then flew off towards the window sill, perching on it gently.

"Oh Rainbow Dash, I have a snack for you!" she cooed. Rainbow was startled away from her nap, to see Twilight smiling in front of her, with a spoonful of baby food. Before Dash could protest, the vile mixture filled her mouth, and sludged down her throat. She gagged, and more filled her mouth.


It had been two hours since Dash had swallowed the whole serving of baby food in order to get some valuable thinking time alone. If she could escape somehow, she could get help. She decided the easiest way to escape was to fly out a window or something. First, she needed to learn how to fly. She flapped her wings as ward as she could, but all that earned her was a heavy landing on her stomach. Her stomach gurgled, and a sharp pain shot from it. A gurgling, and then, incredible pressure. No. No way was the coolest pony in all of Equestria going to use a diaper. "Twilight! Come quick! Please, it's an emergency!" Rainbow Dash wailed.

Twilight rushed in, panicking. "Dashie, what's wrong?!" she rushed. Dashie began to sweat with the effort of holding it in. "Twilight, quickly, get me to the bathroom! I'm gonna blow!" Dash winced. Twilight giggled. "Use the diaper!" she mocked, sitting on the couch and flicking on the TV.

Dash began to cry, the pain churning in her stomach was incredible, but there was no way that diaper was ever going to be full. She pressed her hooves hard against the back of her diaper, and moaned in pain. "Oh Dashie, honey, just go!" Twilight assured. Dash gulped. There was no way she was using it.

"Now, time for a nap..." Twilight smiled softly, placing Dash in her crib.

"Twilight, please, I want to go home!" sniffed Rainbow Dash between sobs. Twilight shook her head, and quietly left the room.

Author's Note:

NOTE: Zecora never moved to the Everfree in this story.