• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 1,987 Views, 13 Comments

Some Redemption - Cupzy



A colt attempts to assassinate Celestia... but things don't turn out.

  • ...
11
 13
 1,987

When Odds Are Against You

Let's have a recap on Equestrian history, shall we? When Princess Celestia came to power after overthrowing Discord, most ponies were still used to the tyrannical reign of Discord. After laws were enforced, some ponies refused to let Celestia's laws take away their old means of life. Some were petty criminals, while others were crime lords with more followers than Discord himself. These ponies were banished from Equestria, and made to repent their sins by spending their lives in eternal banishment. These ponies developed their own culture inside the complexity of the Everfree forest, deep where the most dangerous creatures thrived. They made their own laws, and wanted to exact revenge on Celestia for what she had done to their lives. In the ordinary standard of Equestria, there are four types of ponies. Earth ponies, who usually ended up working on farms. Pegasi, who tended to the weather in their home city of Cloudsdale. And Unicorns, a significantly rare breed that usually had a higher standard of living. And Alicorns, the rarest of all pony types, these creatures usually matured into royalty. In the culture of the banished ponies however, there was one more type of pony.

These ponies could perfect the art of magic be they Earth, Pegasi or Unicorn. They had been taught magic at a young age. These ponies were called "Necromancers." Although these ponies weren't necessarily different from other ponies, they talk are simply ponies who had strict magic lessons when they were young. These ponies had no real sense of emotion whatsoever coupled with their social skills being similar to that of a changeling. They were simply made to carry out the orders of the queen of the banished. Tonight was certainly a big night, the main focus of the banished was simply to eliminate Celestia, although considering the fact that she had much more men and overall was much more powerful than them, the banished had never had a good chance to ever invade. Tonight was different however.

A few years ago, a pony was born into the banished and made to be raised as a Necromancer. He showed extreme signs of progress and quickly surpassed all other Necromancers of the same age group. Not only had he excelled in magic, he had also studied blades and swords in his spare time. He had eventually become one of the most powerful warriors of the banished. He wielded a large long sword that he could manipulate with magic as fluently as using his own hooves to move it around. This colt's name was Shadow Storm, the queen had taken an interest in him ever since he first got his cutie mark; A red pentagram, usually used to represent evil and anarchy. Unlike other Necromancers, he had developed a (very small) understanding of emotion, being able to talk like any other ordinary colt would talk.

Tonight, the queen wanted to test the colt's resolve. He had agreed to go on a "Suicide mission" to Canterlot and attempt to assassinate Celestia, the mission was indeed impossible, but Shadow Storm took it upon himself as a test of loyalty towards his queen. He had just started to leave his home and set out for Canterlot castle. He decided to do it undercover of darkness as to not be seen by any guards on the way in, assuming he actually made it inside. He had just come to the edge of the Everfree forest where Ponyville was in view. Acting as a normal colt, he took the next train to Canterlot. Once he had finally arrived, he could see the castle in the distance. He moved to a hillside directly next to the castle. He summoned his long sword in a quick burst of magic and jumped at the castle walls. He started to climb the more deteriorated parts of the walls and eventually made it to an open window. He climbed through the window and into the castle.

He assumed Celestia would be in her bedroom by this time, so he started to walk towards the two rooms belonging to the princesses. If he was lucky, he might actually pull this off! The castle was filled with different rooms which Shadow Storm had to look through. He spent almost an hour looking through the countless rooms that adorned the castle. Most of the guard were patrolling the outside and some were sleeping in the rooms that he was looking through. Eventually, he came across two overly-garnished doors that looked particularly royal. He slowly opened one of the doors, making a slight creaking sound as he looked around the room, the wallpaper was a dark blue and there was a bright gold chandelier hanging from the middle of the room. There was a king sized bed in the top left of the room. And on top of the bed lay the sleeping body of Princess Luna, even though she was still a very important royal figure, people looked up to Celestia as a more influential leader. He slowly closed the door, making the same unnerving creaking noise as it shut.

Shadow Storm heard the sound of hooves clopping behind him. He slowly turned his head to reveal the towering figure of Princess Celestia, the door to her room was wide open and she was giving him a menacing glare. Shadow Storm remained silent, he knew better than to give away his voice.

"So, you're the one who happens to be causing all of the noise?" Celestia asked in a disgruntled, un-princess like tone. How could she have heard him? He was as quiet as a mouse when he was traversing the corridors of the castle. He remembered his assignment and reached for his long sword, just before he could touch the hilt with his hoof, Celestia's horn started to glow, he quickly stepped away from her, drawing his long sword out.

"Where have you come from? Have you been sent to assassinate me?" Celestia asked. Shadow Storm remained silent, pointing his long sword at her menacingly. Celestia let out a small laugh and a bolt of magic shot from her horn. Shadow Storm's reflexes were quick enough to move the long sword in front of his body, deflecting the projectile at a nearby wall. Celestia was surprised at the colt's reflexes and quickly acted.

"Guards! There is an intruder in the castle!" Celestia shouted. Shadow Storm didn't know what else to do, he turned around and started running away, he heard the sounds of guards preparing for battle in the several rooms he passed. He continued running through the corridor until a line of guards prevented him from progressing, he looked behind him, more guards were moving in from behind. Eventually, he had a circle of guards around him, pointing extremely sharp spears at him. One of the guards made the foalish mistake of charging at Shadow Storm. The guard thrust his spear at Shadow Storm, only to be surprised when he dodged the spear and quickly retaliated with a humongous slash from his long sword, he had cut the guard from the chest upwards, the guard fell down into a lifeless lump on the floor.

The guards suddenly realized just how powerful Shadow Storm was, the guard he killed was one of the most trained guards in the castle. The gap where the guard originally stood was now Shadow Storm's escape plan, he ran through the gap, leaving the guards confused and amazed by his speed. He eventually came to a large set of doors. He had to use almost all of his strength to open them, and the guards that were chasing him weren't far behind. He eventually managed to open the doors and was greeted by what looked like the throne room of the castle. It took him a few seconds to register Celestia sitting on her respective throne, she was acting so calm, as if to mock him. Jack still had his mission to complete, he would be shunned by the rest of the banished if he returned empty handed, he either had to return with Celestia's head, or not return at all.

He didn't waste any time, he ran across the throne room and sliced his sword at Celestia, she appeared to vanish into thin air, leaving a large scratch on the throne. Celestia was already behind him, she grabbed him by the throat and slammed him into the nearest wall. The princess could be unnecessarily brutal when she wanted to be.

"I'll ask you one more time, who are you, and what do you hope to accomplish by killing me?" Celestia asked, an evil look in her eyes. Shadow Storm remained quiet, as if inviting Celestia to kill him at that very moment. Celestia released an irritated sigh as Shadow Storm saw her horn light up again. He closed his eyes, waiting painfully for the final blow, he felt a sharp pain in his chest and went limp. Celestia released the grip on his throat, letting his body slide to the floor.

A few minutes later, he managed to open his eyes, he moved his hoof to the center of his chest, when he withdrew it, his hoof was covered in blood. Celestia was still standing over him with a victorious smile on her face.

"Still alive, are you?" Celestia said. Shadow Storm let out an angry snarl before rising to his hooves. He saw Celestia's horn light up again, he closed his eyes. At least he would die by Celestia's hoof. It seemed like hours had passed before he finally opened his eyes, Celestia had still not fired her attack. Her horn eventually stopped glowing, confusing him.

"Listen, I'm going to give you one chance to get out of this castle, if you choose to remain here and die by my hoof, then I respect that decision." Celestia said. This was Shadow Storm's only chance at getting away, he started limping towards the exit to the castle, the guards making way for him as he walked outside of the main gate. He now had to return to the Everfree forest and face the wrath of his queen. He started to make his way to the forest entrance, the pain in his chest was now unbearable. Just as he was about to enter the forest, he collapsed onto the ground. Eventually fading into unconsciousness.