• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 2,787 Views, 85 Comments

Kamen Rider Drake - RedStar76



When Equestria is faced with a new threat there's only one thing to do... HENSHIN!

  • ...
4
 85
 2,787

Episode 8: Countdown to Canterlot (Active Decisions Completed)

Last Time On: Kamen Rider Drake!

These three things happened last time on Kamen Rider Drake!

One, a new stallion, SkullCap, arrives at the library claiming to be a detective and consults Twilight on an important matter on a possible criminal organization!

Two, after obtaining the 'mysterious object' from the royal gardens in canterlot, Necromancer is confronted by none other than a certain DJ pony!

Three, after almost being down for the count Drake is saved by none other than... a female Kamen Rider?!

Only one way to find out!

KAMEN RIDER DRAKE: EPISODE 8

Spike walked along the cobble stone ground on his way back to the library with his cheek burning red, not from embarrassment. For once Dragon and Gemini had stayed silent for pretty much the entire trip.

Back when they were in front of the everfree forest not moments ago, and after all the dust had finally settled. Spike had uncovered his ears, happy with the fact that they weren't bleeding, only to see that the monster was no more.

"Ey... Spike I'm-"

"But a sock in it Gemini, I don't want to hear it from you." Spike venomously said has he continued to walk in anger. How did this happen? As soon as Spike was done checking his ears, Gemini had taken over. To say the least, things hadn't gone over so well with what Gemini calls "sweet talking" thus, here Spike is, with a red cheek from being slapped. How it penetrated the armor? They may never know. But one thing is for sure,

Hopefully Twilight won't notice.

Meanwhile, at the Carousel Boutique

"Oh come now Sweetie Belle, you must not be so difficult," Rarity said tightening the lace around the dress.

"But Ra- AH! Rarity that hurts!" Sweetie Belle said with a huff.

"Well sorry, but it wouldn't if you didn't wiggle so much," Rarity replied to Sweetie Belle's constant complaining.

"Well sorry, but you're pulling way too tight!" This only added to the now piling list of things Rarity had to do before she left for Canterlot tomorrow. While she did find it a bit uncouth that an invitation was extended to her at the very last minute. Never the less, such an opportunity in itself was something she couldn't possibly pass up. At first, Rarity was slightly concerned with the fact that all the stallion, HelixPixel if she recalled correctly, said no further details, at least not in person. Rarity recalled what the stallion said before he had departed.

"Arrive with the contents of this package at the gathering, any other questions you may have will be explained within the contents of this package." she remembered every word.

Meanwhile at the Golden Oaks Library...

"A-are you sure?" Twilight hesitantly spoke. SkullCap had relaid the details with her about everything that was going on in Canterlot, or at least, what he knew. This... corporation or organization, whatever he calls it, is apparently trying to do indirect pony experimentation. At least, that's how he explained it.

"Yes, I'm sure. Can you please do the spell Ms.Sparkle?" Yes, what SkullCap was asking her to do was to preform some sort of odd spell. Apparently, it was like seeing into the future, yet, you could openly interact with it in a closed magical space. Needless to say, Twilight was quite impressed, and frightened, at this idea.

SkullCap could see the perplexed look in Twilight's eyes. She was probably wondering were he even acquired such a spell. It was that pony, yes, the one he had been tracking for awhile now. Necromancer, he believed the case file said. Most records of him even existing were long gone by the time SkullCap took up the case. The furthest leads to the Necromancer fellow that he got was the spell itself, contained in a classified file, and an unconscious pony in a Manehatten hospital by the name of Kiva. Perhaps if he looked into it more, there would be off chance that this case and that case would be connected. But right now wasn't the time for focusing on that.

"O-okay i'll do it, but I'm not sure if it will work, or how long I can hold it," Twilight stated.

"As long as you can, Ms.Sparkle," SkullCap replied. Focusing her magic into her horn, a purple aura surrounded herself and SkullCap, growing until it engulfed the entire room. Twilight kept her eyes closed, as she continued to concentrate he magic. However, this allowed SkullCap to roam freely inside the closed space.

They were in some sort of regal hallway...

Um...quite," Rarity said as she trotted down the hall with HelixPixel at her side. SkullCap immediately took notice of the two strangers walking down the hall. They were ponies that he had never seen nor heard of before. Were they members of the organization?

As Rarity and Helix continued further down the hall, Rarity noticed the abundance of paintings on every wall. However, the paintings themselves were quite odd, there was one painting that appeared to have a large spade on it like what a pony would find on a playing card. Another had a painting that looked like three slanted interlocking rings.

"We are here," HelixPixel said while Rarity stared in awe at the large pair of blue doors in front of her. Slightly gulping as her nervousness intensified she carefully opened the door and stepped through. It looked like a large dining room with an immensely long table. "Please have a seat," Helix calmly said and Rarity obliged.

"Ah Ms.Rarity you have arrived," she heard a voice call out of nowhere which almost made her jump out the seat. "Relax, let us talk...business."

ACTIVE DECISION:

1. Listen in on the conversation, 2. Twilight! Open your eyes!, 3. SkullCap investigates the surrounding area

DECISION MADE:

2. Twilight! Open your eyes!

"R-rarity?" Twilight thought. Why would she be here? Was she in the library with herself and SkullCap? What was going on?! Tired of the guessing game she was being forced to play while concentrating on keeping the spell active, Twilight opened her eyes.

"Ms.Twilight don't! You'll-"

Odds of favor: Drake: 9, SkullCap:9, The 'Corporation': 9,Necromancer: 9

Next time on: Kamen Rider Drake!
Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Spike, Gemini, Dragon, and Fluff. Twilight and SkullCap. Three teams, one goal, Canterlot. Next time, the beginning of the Canterlot Showdown Arc!

"Wait, wait, what does that make the arc we just passed?" Blue Star asked.

"I dunno, First Strike Arc sounds like a good title, now shut up and let me do my japanese announcer voice!"
Next Time: Kamen Rider Drake: Episode 9!

Author's Note:

Ah, what better way to kick off a new string of episodes better than an active decision ey'? :twilightsmile:
Wait a minute, is this considered an arc?
Sunday Edit: Incase you're wondering, and I'm pretty sure most of you are, odds of favor basically means who has the upper hand so far in the story. (Yes, it's possible based on the active decision that Drake could lose in the end). It all seems neutral at the moment, (It can only add up to 36 at any time). So just wait to see!