• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 1,787 Views, 26 Comments

Snuggle - TwizzleDragon



Scootaloo finally gets the courage to ask Rumble out after a few month-long friendship. Rumble unfortunately likes her a bit too much and refuses. Scootaloo learns to deal with her broken heart another way.

  • ...
2
 26
 1,787

Chapter 2

"I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep.. Not even have sex. Just to sleep together, in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room…thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.” — John Green, Looking for Alaska

She walked in the dark, tired and still hurting from her injury. Not showing a tear, nor emotion of pain. She didn’t want to go home, she didn’t want to stay with her friends or be around anyone right now. No, it was time for her to be alone. Time to think of it all. Time to grow. Time to sleep.

Scootaloo continued herself towards the only solitude she knew. The place of comfort and friendship that had brought her life to the greatness it was to this day. The place that got her cutie mark, the same place that her friendship with Rumble started. The Crusader’s Clubhouse.

She arrived there late in the night. She walked right in, looking around for a blanket. She found one quickly as they had filled it with warm cloth during Winter. Scootaloo formed herself a bed in the corner, fluffing the blanket up a bit and gathering more to keep on top of herself. The makeshift bed was actually quite well for sleeping. She snuggled herself right into her creation and pulled another blanket over herself with her hoof.

In seconds it all ended, she went from the dark of the night to the blackness of her subconscious. Finally asleep, able to dream.

And into the white room...


Rumble entered the clubhouse. He was different, as this were a dream to Scootaloo. His mane was sharply combed. His fur cleaned and his tongue quick to speak.

“Hey, Scootaloo!” Rumble said with a great big smile on his face.

Scootaloo looked over to him, hiding none of her happiness as she knew reality didn’t exist in this world. The clubhouse had yet to come into focus to her brain, she had been already standing when it started, not even near the blankets from the bed she had made before slumber.

“Rumble!” Scootaloo ran towards her love with all haste and no thought. She hugged him immediately as they touched. He caressed her cheek with his hoof, moving it down slowly. He nuzzled his face against hers as she couldn’t help but squeal in delight.

Then Rumble smiled once more as the sun rose behind him. He looked like an angel to Scootaloo, and surely he was. He moved his face closer to hers, closer than nuzzled together. Their lips were about to touch when he stopped.

I... I’m sorry...

And for a moment, it all ceased. It was as if the dream was put on pause. She had what she wanted, she had him, even if it was a dream it was enough. They continued to hug and nuzzle their faces together, unable to separate their bodies.

“Hey...” Scootaloo started to move away, getting herself a place to sit down. “I... Umm...” Her words faulted. “Sit with me?”

Rumble moved by the window, just where Scootaloo had placed herself. He sat down next to her and pushed his body against her own. She leaned her head onto his shoulder, wishing for this dream to become reality. The two had never gone so far before, and even though Scootaloo wanted more of him, this was enough for her, at least for now.

This would continue for a time until Rumble took his hoof and started to pet Scootaloo’s mane. It sounds as if this would probably hurt but Rumble wasn’t much of a worker in the first place. His hooves were soft, very soft in fact that it felt as if you were touching a foal’s skin. His touch was so deliquiet against her skin, running it through her glorious purple mane. All those little strands that just stood out of the style seemed to depart once he pushed them down.

She became tired somehow, despite the irony, she was waking up. Things in the clubhouse started to disappear slowly before her eyes. Soon the trees outside the window and the door were blank. Scootaloo turned her head towards Rumble’s face, watching it slowly, wanting it to be the last thing she saw before it was over. As his face went into the blackness, the feelings stayed with her. She tried to hold onto him as he went, but nothing would stop the inevitable.

A flash of white once more...


She woke calmy, just as the dream had ended, as if it were planned. She took the blanket off herself and stretched before getting up. Her leg didn’t hurt as much today, but it was still in need of that band aid. There was dry blood all over the blankets, the wrapping had broken in one spot. Scootaloo didn’t have much time to react, she could already hear Rumble coming towards the Clubhouse.

Rumble’s laughter was light, as if trying to hide the sound from Scootaloo. It wasn’t enough to get rid of the calm before the storm. He kept getting closer as the sound became heavier, but still light. Scootaloo kicked the blankets to the side, hoping he wouldn’t notice the blood, even though he would understand.

Scootaloo looked out the window wanting to see how far Rumble was away.

And that’s when she saw him...

With her...

The two kissed, the angel pegasi and the tainted soil, right in sight of Scootaloo, unable to see she was there watching it. There was a pain in Scootaloo’s chest, her heart began to beat fast and her emotions ran wild. The burden was hard to bear but there was nothing she could do to unsee it.

“Bye!” Rumble said quietly, still able for Scootaloo to hear him despite his efforts. His partner trotted out of the orchard quickly. Scootaloo just stared at the door, unable to get a grip on the situation as Rumble entered the room.

“Scootaloo!” Rumble said, running up to the mare and giving her a hug. “How’d it go?” Rumble asked, thinking she had gone home with her injury.

Scootaloo didn’t speak, she gave out a mumble and looked towards the ground.

“You okay, Scoots?”

“I-I’m... I’m fine... Just tired...”

Author's Note:

I'm going to read Looking for Alaska just for that paragraph.
Anyways, I know it's still a little fast paced but it was a dream. Everyone dreams differently.
This was based off a dream I had last night.

I WILL TRY TO SLOW DOWN. I PROMISE!

Comments ( 11 )

I loved this chapter, Looking forward for the next chapter :twilightsmile:

2829884 I will read it right now.

2829884 It's a slower pace than the last one but still good. ( :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:5 Out Of 5 Happy Pinkies and :derpytongue2:1 Out Of 5 Durpy's) (Durpy's are improvements.)

Things were disappearing there was a flash of white.
Was she in the animus?

2844533
Lol. You'll just have to wait and find out.

2895449 Scootaloo is easy to work with because we only know a little about her.:pinkiehappy::scootangel:

Loss of inspiration....? Can i take over this story....?

5302318
I kinda thought it over, and I kinda wanted to say no because I still had the idea for how I wanted the story to go, but I realized I'd never come to create said end. You can take over the story if you wish, I don't do much on this site or in fanfiction anymore, and the chances of me continuing this story the way I want to are very slim.

5313741 Well, why don't you write anymore? If it's just because you've outgrown it or are over it, fine by me, not my choice. But if it's emotional or anything like that, just know this, i am an ear, i listen and i don't ask unless need be, so if your troubled, just send me a PM and i won't tell anyone what you say.

5313856
It's kinda both, I have BPD so my emotions are all jumbled, but the other part of it is that I really don't care for writing or anything MLP anymore.
I come back and add a little to a few stories that I wanted to finish, but other than that I'm just another ghost on this site.

Login or register to comment