• Published 14th Jun 2013
  • 3,116 Views, 586 Comments

Stories in Stone, Lost Empire - TDR



The teenage CMC go on an adventure to find the reason for Applebloom's nightmares. 3rd book in the SiS saga.

  • ...
11
 586
 3,116

Wasted Summers [8]

Stories in Stone
Lost Empire
By TDR

Wasted Summers

[ Two years after War of the Gods, Sweet Apple Acres ]

Bird song filled the trees in the small clearing and a family of squirrels darted around the limbs collecting nuts and chasing each others tails. The bird song stopped suddenly and the squirrels paused, ears perking up at the sound of thuds against the dirt approaching. Larger hoof steps coupled with many smaller ones echoed in the clearing drawing closer. They animals didn't bother to wait and see who it was before darting back up the trees to hide and to see what was going on.

A gray unicorn with a sandy blond mane and tail trots towards the clearing. His muscular form was crisscrossed with scars and a leather harness was wrapped around his chest holding a curved double bladed sword made of a strange dark metal on his right side. A silver kite shield adorned his flank on one side, a black chess knight in the center of it. His left side bore a massive scar that cut though his cutie mark, obscuring a large portion of it.

A small white earth pony colt with patches of brown over his form trots along doing his best to keep up with the gray unicorn. His brown mane and tail bounce as he skips forward doing his best to keep up with the adult pony. A stubborn look of concentration rests on his face clearly straining with the effort.

On the other side of the unicorn trotted a young unicorn mare, clearly older than the colt, though still quite young. She wore a dark blue cloak that covered most of her form, though a orange cream colored muzzle poked out a bit from under the hood, along with a few strands of silvery hair. She was clearly reluctant to be there and she kept glaring up at the unicorn stallion with her bright orange eyes, annoyance evident on her features. Some of that might have stemmed from the bandages she still wore that covered part of her face.

A small pegasus colt, slightly larger than the earth pony colt flitted around the small group landing to walk a little while when his wings grew tired before fluttering in the air again. His bright red mane and tail bounced lightly as he flitted around on his dark blue wings. His red eyes flicked back and forth between their surroundings and the small bundle on the gray unicorns back.

A small, dark blue, that almost seemed purple, unicorn filly sat on the gray unicorns back wrapped in a thick purple blanket, her gold eyes and small horn all that could be seen along with the occasional wisp of hair from her red mane the same color as her brothers. She glanced around fearfully from her perch her small hooves digging into the larger unicorns back.

“We're here.” Jer'rahd states simply. Slowly he crouches to the ground to let the small filly scramble down off his back, her brother moving to her side quickly.

“And where is here Sir?” Pipsqueak asks, panting softly.

“A place I've been wanting to bring you all for some time now. But I wanted to make sure all of you were alright to travel, even if it is only to the farm.”

“Another grave site Jer'rahd? Haven't we seen enough of those?” mutters the larger unicorn mare with a sigh of annoyance.

Jer'rahd looks around at the clearing and the single tree left in the middle with an old grave stone wrapped in it's roots. Several other markers had been raised around the tree in the clearing, marking the resting places of the few other Pelts he and Rhede could remember, though the tree sat in the middle of it all, with just the old stone in it's roots and a stone plaque before it.

“This is a old one Orange. No one you would know directly, more of a monument any way at this point, the bodies buried here have long ago returned to the earth. This is where my parents and grandparents are buried.”

“You lost your parents too?” the pegasus colt questions some what hesitantly, looking up at Jer'rahd.

“I did Brush. At about the same age you are as well. My mother and grandmother then, years later my father and grandfather. The only ponies I had.”

“Are we supposed to feel sorry for you?” Orange grumbles.

“No and I wouldn't ask you to either. I lost them a long time ago, so it would be some what pointless to feel bad for me now. Though I still come out here every time I feel a need to talk, I suppose I find some solace in telling them what has happened in my life. Though that's not why I brought you here either.”

“Then why Sir?” Pipsqueak questions.

“Just to explain a few things and hope you all can understand where I am coming from with this.” Jer'rahd states slowly rising back up to his hooves.” Back when they died I was taken in by another family. They cared for me and treated me as their own even though I was in not of their blood, in truth I was barely even friends with one of them at the time. I didn't know them, and they really did not know me. So believe me when I say I think I know how you all feel in the situation you are in. I still come out here, I still talk to them and I still miss them, despite having another family that took me in.“

Jer'rahd sighs his ears perking a little at an experimental chirp of bird song in the air.

“They understood that I didn't see myself as part of their family. Not fully, any way, but they didn't care. Ma and Pa Pelt still treated me like I was their foal, for better or worse with that family to be honest.” Jer'rahd smirks a little at that. “But that's what Luna and I are trying to do. We are not trying to be replacements for who you all lost. We are just trying to do the best we can to make sure you all have some one you can consider family. To know that there are still those who care about you whether you are related to them or not.” Jer'rahd lets out a held breath he wasn't aware he was holding in..

The group sat there for a little while looking at the markers in silence before Berry slips out from under the blanket moving over to reach up and pat Jer'rahd's leg with her tiny hoof..

“Berry and I like you.” Brush states with a small smile as he looks at his sister.

“I know you're doing your best sir.” Pipsqueak explains.

“That was a lame speech Jer'rahd.....” Orange sighs though a small smile crosses her muzzle. “ Nice thought anyway.”

Jer'rahd returns the smiles with a small chuckle.“Hehe, I keep telling ponies that Orange, and they keep insisting that I give great speeches. Anyway enough with the depressing bit... I suppose it's time for the real reason I brought you all out to the farm today. Time to meet every one else in the family.”

“Everyone else?” Brush asks as Jer'rahd's horn glows forming a small shield ramp that Berry canters up to sit on his back again pulling her blanket back over her head..

“Well on Luna's side there's Princess Celestia and Zecora.” Jer'rahd responds.

“Wait tha Zebra that lives in the Everfree forest is related to Princess Celestia?” Pip questions.

Jer'rahd nods. “Yep, best not to ask the connection though unless you want a long winded rhyme... my side of the family gets a little stranger. Briar Rose is my great grandfather on my grandmothers side, Bleu is pretty much an adopted Sister, Rhede's family are the ones that adopted me so we are technically related. They were the Pelts who became the Apples so I’m technically a member of the Apple family..... the Bluebloods are in there some as well from my mothers side.....”

“Holy crap how many ponies are you even related too?” Orange states clearly amazed.

“Yeah it was a bit of a surprise to me as well when I first started looking into it. I was trying to find out about my grandfather a long while back and then recently a bunch of information and connections were dumped on me as well.”

“Wow, any one else famous? “ Brush asks.

Jer'rahd winces a little thinking about ForgeScale, Avianna and Sombra, but mentioning the ones responsible for their families deaths likely wouldn't be good.

“None that I know of yet, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn I was related to Starswirl or a Ursa Major at this point. Now let's head back to the farm house. Apple Jack and Pinkie Pie are supposed to be preparing a party of some sort. Hope you are all hungry, If the Apples are like the Pelts they will be cooking a lot for their family gatherings.”

========================================================

[Current Day, East bound train to The Great Hooper Sea.]

Applebloom slowly turns a page in her book looking over some of the plants and herbs within, as well as the helpful mixtures they could provide, trying to commit them to memory. She had long ago given up trying to get her cutie mark in potion making, but she still found creating mixtures highly interesting and fairly rewarding. Even if she never got her cutie mark for it, she liked mixing potions and remedies enough to possibly make a career of it. After all there were a number of ponies who didn’t have cutie marks that matched what they did with their lives. Miss Cheerilee, Rarity, heck even Scootaloo, what the heck did a burning phoenix have to do with flying any way? That was normally a symbol of death and rebirth, not burning wings. Heck the only two phoenix she had even met were fat little things content to be waited on hoof and talon. Though perhaps Peewee and Philomena were not the best examples of their kind being a baby and a Princesses pretty pampered pet.

Despite all that, Applebloom planned to keep practicing. Zecora was still willing to teach her despite the disasters that had happened, and she had already used her abilities to improve on the Apple Family Cider recipe. Every one agreed the last years had been the best ever. It had been easy too just mixing in the right amount of nutmeg and cinnamon, she was surprised they never thought of it before. The hardest part about the whole thing was keeping Rainbow Dash, Bleu, and Jer'rahd from drinking all the barrels they made.

If nothing else she found the pursuit calming, which helped her keep her temper even. This was something she had drilled into her head by Briar Rose after the incident with Diamond Tiara. It was harder to hold onto control of your strength when you were angry. The power was always there too any time she had her hooves on the ground she could feel the earth. Great grandpa Rose said she had a better connection with it than most ponies, it was something he had never seen before. Most ponies had to draw on the power like a unicorn starts to cast with their horn, but she could access it in the time it took to think about it.

That thought scared her, made her think for a while she might turn out like Big Mac, who had to be careful all the time cause he couldn't easily control his own strength. She seen a number of times where Mac managed to hurt himself with out meaning to cause he over exerted himself. Kinda made her glad it was Rainbow Dash who had shacked up with him cause she was a tough pony.

She herself hadn't done anything damaging in the years since the incident with Diamond Tiara, well nothing involving the dragon spell anyway, but after the event she was terrified that she might do something like that again. Rose claimed that the chance of her losing her control in anger again was very minor after her training, but she was still paranoid she might use it and hurt some pony else so she did her best to suppress the connection, pretend she didn't even have it. There were always reminders however, like Mr. Rich.

It was Big Mac that helped her through that fear more than any one else. He was permanently stuck with his power active. This kept it drained for the most part, so it wasn't as strong, but he knew what it was like to be afraid of hurting some pony more than anything else. Despite a few close calls, and some property destruction during hearts and hooves day, he managed never to hurt any one, she had.

She snapped the book shut before the memories of that got the better of her. She was on a trip with her friends, she should be enjoying it , not dwelling on bad memories

Looking up and around the small cabin she saw Pip and Scootaloo looking over a pair of small green gem stones that were resting on the table between them under the window.

“Alright So how do these things work any way?” Scootaloo questions looking to Pip who was writing a note back to make a report once they got off the train. The small colt's hoof writing was only passing at the best of the times, though he was putting a concentrated effort to make everything legible and official looking as he wrote.

“Well ay don't know the specifics, but I can use this to send one of these treated bits of paper back to auntie Celestia. Miss Sparkle says it has something to do with dragon fire concentrated in a special type of crystal from the Empire. The Guard uses them for scouting missions and the like and Aunt Celestia and Uncle Rhede have a number of them set up to link Embassy's they have to the one in the castle. Problem is the spell to bind them like that is really expensive. It's cheaper to make crystals that send voice back and forth, that requires a direct connection though with at least one unicorn acting like a hub, so it's not autonomous like these are. The replay crystals like you and Sweetiebelle use for music are much simpler as they just repeat the same things on loop. A lot of musicians are using them as of late with the influx of specialized crystals being brought in cheaply from the Empire.”

“Geez and I call Sweetie a encyclopedia.” Scootaloo huffs.

“It's important to know what your equipment is and how to use it as well as at least a bit of why it works just in case. I left out all the stuff on repetition harmonics, so that kinda was the short version at least.” Pip sighs.

“Okay smart guy, then what about those things.” Scootaloo points a stubby wing to Sweetiebelle who was laying on her back with a little box floating in front of her face making blip sounds and the occasional scream. “Those game things are everywhere now.”

“Well I know they use junk crystals ground up into paste and then some liquid is added to make a display. They've gotten a lot fancier and smaller over the last few years too. I'm not much into the games, but Ma is a big fan. That probably helped the development of them a bit to be backed by a Princess. Particularly now since she's with foal, and isn't allowed to do much else. Da likes a few of them like the X-pony one with the aliens and stuff, but he likes anything with strategy to it. He played this one chess game for a couple of days straight when he first found out about it. Maw likes the adventure ones, she's been playing the new Fallout Equestria game, Record of Beryl Wars lately.” Pip explains looking up as Sweetiebelle makes a noise and sits up to look to them.

“So the Princess is a gamer then?” Scootaloo shrugs. “ Who would have thought it.”

“You have no idea. Most of us stay away from any of the new games she's interested in so we don't spoil anything. She tried to have a couple of Guards beheaded for talking about the ending in that Stratusedge game she was playing at the time. Auntie and Da managed to talk her out of it, though the pair quickly got shipped to an border post well out of her line of sight....... Ma's been a bit moody lately.” Pip rambles

“Oh Buttons and I played that, Stratusedge is fun, you play as someone who's descended from dragons and you have to save the world from evil dragons and a whole bunch of other stuff. I made a Fluffle pony who's a master of sneaking and spells.” Sweetie comments, butting into the conversation. “ Button made an Orc that smashes everything. Wanna hear me do the shout thing?”

“NO” Applebloom and Scootaloo shout out.

“Rather not, I like having my hearing and Ma doing it with the Royal Canterlot voice got rather old quick.” Pip explains.

The trio continue to talk games for a moment before Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle started trading insults again.

Applebloom couldn't help but chuckle as the pair start to bicker like old times leaving her cousin flabbergasted in the middle of the rather venomous sounding insults the pair used.
She opened up her book again, reaching into her bag and taking out the bit of jewelry Zecora gave her, looking at the little rock within curiously. It kinda looked like a seed, but not to any plant she had ever seen before, and nothing in her books seemed to even come close to matching it. Maybe she could find something on it in Gallopagos, there were different plants growing there that grew no where else, so she wanted to check the library there. It wouldn't be long before they passed through Manehatten and they should get to the ferry before nightfall. A rather slow start to the trip, but this should be fun. She couldn't help to think it would be more fun if she could stop thinking about the necklace

===========================================================

[ Two Years after the War of the Gods Sweet Apple Acres.]

This was going better than he and Luna had hoped. All of their children had been surprised and a little shy at the mass of introductions from all those there that they were related to, but they quickly opened up. Nearly every one he knew in this age was there and it surprised him to count some of them among the numbers of ponies he knew. Most of them were happy to see each other again, this being the first gathering in two years where every one could simply relax with out looking over battle plans or recovery efforts. While most of the focus was on every one meeting his and Luna's adoptive children, every one was more than happy to see each other again with out any world threatening thing going on.

Predominately Pinkie Pie and Discord seemed to be hosting the party. Jer'rahd didn't really trust the Draconequus, but considering that he an Pinkie had spent the first fifteen minutes after the introduction trying to get Berry, Brush, and Pip to laugh, he couldn't say anything bad against the creature. Besides Celestia hated him and that brought him up a notch or two in Jer'rahd's eyes. At least so long as he behaved anyway.

Rhede and Velkorn were even more inseparable than usual and it was fairly clear that Velkorn had finally gotten him right where she wanted him and Rhede oddly didn't seem to mind. Granted he did think Rhede was offering Orange a little too much flattery, but it seemed to make the young mare feel better.

Velkorn had heard of Orange's desire to join the medical field and was currently doing her best to talk with the girl despite Orange not knowing a lick of zebra. The cream colored mare was of course fascinated by what she was being told and Zecora joining the conversation was getting the young mare to talk more openly, in tones that were not laced with sarcasm and depression.

Rhede had been placed by Celestia and Luna at the head of a new group of ambassadors. Celestia saw fit to extend an olive branch nearly immediately after the war to every other race on Equus. She wanted to show that Equestria might have made a show of their might, but they were still more in favor of peace than anything else. Rhede adapted to the new age and a thousand years of information faster than any one else and thus was well suited to the position, as well as being trusted by both Princesses.

Velkorn didn't follow along with Rhede every where as she used to, something that seemed to bother the earth pony. However she was focused on catching up with the advances in medicine and studying the changelings that had been captured to learn all she could from them. It turned out there was not much she could learn from modern doctors,as it was a primarily a unicorn dominated field, though with her notes as well as the skill she displayed in the aftermath of the war there would likely be more earth ponies and pegasi seeking to enter the medical field than ever before.

Twilight, Spike, and Rarity were there, though the trio were staying off to themselves having a bit of a heated discussion. He caught Spike glancing his way once or twice with a hint of fear, that was quickly followed by a glare or two from the unicorn mares. When Spike informed Luna and Celestia of his intent to Restore the dragon nation and Cindervale, he had informed the dragon on no uncertain terms what would happen if there was a repeat of what happened the last time dragons held power.
Luna and Celestia were not amused and Twilight had hit him with part of the wall, but the point had been made.

Pip already knew Applebloom, and Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo were here as well. Pip managed to introduce the trio to the Lily’s and Brush at least was getting along with the older fillies. Jer'rahd certainly hoped he wouldn't take after Rhede, though Brush did seem to gain the fillies attention with out any real effort on his part.

Pip however had gone off and was trying to chat Briar Rose, Lion Heart, Moskau, and Peach Blossom's ears off. He wasn't exactly sure why the older zebra mare was there, though he figured it had something to do with Rose.

Peach Blossom was there, because Starfall was there, and Starfall was there because Rainbow Dash was there, and Rainbow Dash was there because Big Mac was there. And both of the latter were cornered by their respective relatives and subjected to a barrage of questions and discussions revolving around marriage and the number of foals Dash should be expecting by this point. He made a note to see if he could cause a distraction enough for the pair to slip away. He still didn't care much for Dash , but he rather liked Big Mac. The farm stallion was quiet, but Jer'rahd liked the conviction the stallion had.

Fluttershy was around somewhere, judging by how Applejack kept ducking into the kitchen, he assumed the shy mare was in there.

Bleu he could hear caterwauling outside already, evidently she had gotten it into her head to try and teach the 'Cutie Mark Crusaders' how to sing, with middling success. Applebloom and Scootaloo could hold a tune fairly well, but the noise that came out of the little unicorns mouth made his ears hurt. He seriously doubted that one would get a cutie mark for singing.

After New Canterlot had been restored Bleu had set to work on making sure the Platinum Music School was reopened as quickly as possible. She accepted the offer from Octavia as the new dean and set to work. Even while waiting for the structure to be rebuilt she had not been idle after she recovered from her injury. Bleu had fallen back on her ESO days and had brought together as many musicians and entertainers as she could and had them holding concerts across Equestria to try and raise bits and supplies to help with the rebuilding process. The shows that were held in New Canterlot were given for free and often followed the distribution of said donations.

She had also been introduced to a few new forms of music by one of the schools founders, a one Vinyl Scratch. Jer'rahd thought the music sounded like some one pushing a dumpster full of irate monkeys down five flights of stairs, but Bleu and much of the younger generation seemed to like it so he didn't complain.... much. Still the concerts had an added effect of promoting the school with a much broader audience, it seemed as now Bleu was stuck dealing with a influx of applications from all over Equestria and the Crystal empire, there were even a number of non pony applicants which was a bit of a shock all around.

Jer'rahd himself was unsure of his position any more. With the success of the 42nd, he was placed in charge of the new Guard training program. The basic training for all the various branches of the Guard had to go through his training before they could progress into each branches specialized training. The Royal Guard, The Wonder Bolts, the 666th, the Lunar Guard, and the Equestrian Guard all started with his training now, in fact most of the older Guard was being recycled back through training as well. Jer'rahd briefly debated going easier on the ones who had fought, but then that would defeat the purpose of the training.

His set rank now was still General, though he was the only one and it carried the same status as a Major overall. He still had to answer to a few higher officers as well as the Guard Captains. There had been a bit of a fuss about that at first as well as a few arguments and one overly high and mighty pegasus officer who thought he could chew Jer'rahd out for some perceived insult tho his nobly purchased rank.....

Suffice to say that pegasus was on the list for the 42nd training the moment he recovered. The other officers tended to be a bit more respectful after that. He also had the added task of making sure both Luna and Celestia's personal Guard were the best of the best, something That he took care of with far more seriousness than any other task. He also refused to let any one other than himself be in charge of Luna's personal Guard. In the short year since he had taken over Luna's Royal Night Guard had become a unit that's individuals were greatly feared. Any pony who survived and thrived with what he put them through was not one to mess with.

Celestia thought he went over board. His friends understood however. If he couldn't be there to protect Luna and the foals, he was damn sure going to make sure that some one he thought was good enough could be.

The retraining of the old guards and the new training program caused a fairly big stink with many of the nobles that remained. With the new program they couldn't simply purchase a cushy safe position for their worthless children to occupy any more. Despite Celestia's issues with him she didn't change the new requirement in the slightest. Still he wound up surprised in finding that a number of the nobles children still signed up for the training, evidently eager to prove themselves, rather than just exist off their parents position and money.

His first new batch would be this spring and both he and Briar were more than a little excited about it. Bleu offered to help a little, but her schedule would be rather hectic with the music school and helping Spike. Starfall would be there if for nothing else then to scout talent for the Wonderbolts. Evidently Spitfire had been impressed enough with her after the war that she offered a position of liaison between the Royal Guard and the Wonderbolts. The job was relatively simple with her main job being a talent scout to see if any of the pegasi entering training would make a decent Wonderbolt. Despite the Wonderbolts being part of the 666th Moskau seemed to have no issue with Spitfire doing what she wanted as head of the team.

Spring would decidedly be a interesting time as Rainbow Dash had already signed up for the training.
The mare was dead set on being a Wonderbolt and with the new rules she would have to pass the Guard training to do so. Jer'rahd had no doubt she would pass the basic training and move on to the Wonderbolts academy, though he needed to make sure Starfall didn't go easy on her. Dash would do much better in the long run if his friend hit her with everything.

He smiled, something that felt like a rare occurrence lately and settled back on the couch, content to let everything go on around him. Foal's playing, good natured arguments, and discussion. No world threats , no upcoming battles, nothing pending. Not to say there were not things to worry about. The books of Orbsah had vanished, the Love Cursed Pair was still out there somewhere, as were Scarlet and Claymore, or at least their bodies had not been found. Still the entire world was on the look out for those four and neither he nor Luna had heard a peep from the Books so at the very least they were hiding quietly.

Still if this was what peace felt like, he was quite content to have it.

He was brought out of his slight daze by the feeling of a small form pressing up against his side. Looking down he saw Ice Berry, still curled up in her blanket laying against his side. She looked up at him a moment her gold eyes glimmering before she yawned and curled up against his unscathed side. He smiled softly, looking over at Brush who seemed a bit torn about leaving Berry alone though another look at Jer'rahd and he reluctantly went off to play with the others, leaving his sister alone for the first time since they had been rescued. Jer'rahd blinks at that, though he softly chuckles, glad to see that he was at least being trusted by some of he and Luna's new foals, now only if Orange would stop glaring at him.

==============================================================

[ Current Day Gallapagos Ferry, The Princess Bride III ]

“How the heck did I let you talk me into this?” Scootaloo groans clutching the railing trying not to heave into the water below.

“What are you talking about? I don't recall you ever being seasick before, I mean we made a boat and sailed it when we were young.” Sweetiebelle questions munching on from Pipcolt lunch box she had set on the small table on the ships deck. Pip sat on one side of her sharing what ever came out of the Lunch box while Applebloom had her own lunch bag.

The four of them rested on the deck of the ship eating lunch,well save Scootaloo. The ferry had been traveling for a few hours now making good time meaning they should be in Gallopagos just after moonrise.

“That thing sank as soon as it touched the water, no surprise since we made it out of newspapers, and I'm not seasick I was fine until you convinced me to try some of those so called taco's you made!” Scootaloo shouts looking back at a half eaten.... something on a plate where she had been sitting.

Sweetiebelle narrows her eyes, her voice turning threatening . “Tacobelle makes the best tacos......”

“Don't give me that, you don't have your stupid mask on and those are NOT tacos!!” Scootaloo yells putting a hoof over her face and turning a brighter shade of green again,quickly leaning back over the railing.

“Ah tried to warn you Scoots.” Applebloom states. “I told yah Pip wasn't a valid measure of if ya could survive Sweeties's cooking or not.”

Scootaloo glares over at the brown and white earth pony who was happily eating his second 'taco', where Scootaloo had not even finished her first before getting ill.

“Are you even a real pony?” growls Scootaloo.

“Yup.” comments Pip.

“How are you still alive?”

“Ma likes to cook.”he states flatly.

“What's that supposed to mean?”asks Sweetiebelle.

“Ma likes to cook, but Ma can't cook. Her last bowl of soup was declared a level three potential disaster by the Guard. That Da eats whatever she makes without dying or even flinching, has more ponies in the castle afraid of him than anything thing else he's ever done. Even Auntie Celestia blacked out when she tried Ma's cabbage Souffle'. Compared to that these taco's aren’t that bad.”

Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle stare at him though Sweetiebelle smirks.

“See the noodle incident was only a class two, so Princess Luna's cooking is worse than us.”

“Potential disasters are graded the other way, they count down from five to zero and then start going up when they become disasters The noodle incident was a class 2 disaster by itself. You three are a class Four on your own.” Pip states in a monotone as if reading off a list he memorized.

“That noodle thing was not our fault!!” Applebloom snorts.

“I know that and so do Ma and Auntie Celestia,it's why you are all not under constant guard and separated to different parts of the country. Heck Da is listed as a class two on his own. Most of the rules are there because bad things tend to happen when you three get together without supervision.
But it's not like it's only been one thing. There was the Cutiemark sickness.” Pip begins to list

“Zecora fixed that before anything really bad happened......” mutters Applebloom. “ An that was mostly just me....”

“The release of Discord.”

“Like we knew we were gonna free him?” Sweetiebelle whines. “ Besides he's nice now.”

“The incident with Gabby gums, that almost caused riots.”

“Not our brightest moment...” grumbles Scootaloo.

“The Noodle incident of course.”

“NOT OUR FAULT!” screams Applebloom.

“The Great market fire.”

“That was an accident.” whimpers Scootaloo still bent over the railing. “I didn't realize flour was that flammable....”

“The Spanish inquisition.”

“No pony expected it.” cackles Sweetiebelle.

“In short even if you're not the cause, disaster follows you three. S'why they always try to have at least one other pony watch you when you three are together. Supposedly three is supposed to be some magic number and adding another messes that up.” Pip finishes.

“That's ridiculous. And I'll prove it!” Sweetiebelle states with a rather high level of indignation grabbing Applebloom and Scootaloo in her magic.

“Sweetiebelle put me down!” Applebloom shouts as she flails.

“By Celestia's pointy ears don't squeeze me,” groans Scootaloo.

Sweetiebelle ignores the pair marching across the deck to a pair of doors in the side of the ferry stopping to glare down at Pip as he follows them.

“We are going in here and you are staying out here, and when nothing bad happens you'll see how ridiculous this notion is that we are disasters. We might have done some things as little fillies but we are far older and wiser now and we are not a force of chaos or anything else.” Sweetiebelle huffs.

“I'm not supposed to leave you alone together, ever.” Pip snaps back standing firm against the unicorns glare.

“And you are not supposed to go into the little fillies room either.” Sweetiebelle states pushing open the door to the rest room and pulling the other two inside with her.

Pip blinks looking up at the door and the sign 'mares only' printed on it before slapping a hoof to his face and moving back to the table, sitting down to watch the door with a sigh.

“Criminy,this is bad.... okay … never mind it's fine.... I need to relax, it's not like they are any where but the bathroom. How much trouble ken they get into alone in there?”

======================================================================

[Two Years after the War of the Gods Sweet Apple Acres]

Jer'rahd was trying his best not to move with the small filly pressed against him. The Lily's still had nightmares when they slept and as such they had not gotten a good nights sleep in a while, Berry seemed the most prone to them and he expected her to wake up at any given point in time now in a panic. Luna was usually the one there to comfort her, and he hoped he could do as good a job.

“If I was told I would see this long ago I would think it silly, but here we have the hardened warrior tending a sleeping filly.”

“Yes, yes, be amused all you like Velkorn. Keep in mind I grew up with Rhede so I’m not that far removed from tending children, having to watch him all the time.”

The zebra chuckles settling onto a spot on the couch next to him looking over the bundled unicorn at Jer'rahd's side.

“I know it is the middle of the day, but should we expect Luna anyway?”

“I don't know, she said she would like to show up, but with as busy as she has been she hasn't been getting much sleep. Better to let her get a bit of rest when she can. I'll catch Tartarus for it later but if she's awake enough to be mad at me, she's finally gotten enough sleep.”

“The question then remains then my friend, have you gotten enough sleep on your end?”

“I don't need much, It's not like I’ve been able to do anything while recovering, but sleep. There's a lot of work to do on my end..... oh don't even give me that look. All I do is paperwork now, I get way more sleep avoiding that than I need.” Jer'rahd rolls his eyes at the zebra's glare though he smirks suddenly changing the subject. “So how are you and Rhede doing?”

“Every time I plan to leave the brute and let him go back to his life of sin, he does something unexpected and pulls me back in.” she flattens her ears though Jer'rahd notes the wide grin she was developing. “ I am going to be stuck with him forever soon I suppose, I have a bit of a hint he is going to propose.”

“Really now? What makes you think you finally managed to lock down the most eligible bachelor in New Canterlot?”

“Lately he has seemed a bit distant and aloof, but I know he has asked both Zecora and Luna permission to ask for my hoof.”

“Really? I can under stand Zecora being you decedent, but why Luna?”

“I suppose it is a small matter of pride, but for our wedding he wants her to preside.” “Hehe, she would love that I think. Still I wouldn't mind if she just walked down the aisle with me as a bridesmaid. It'll be up to her in the end what she does. Still any suggestions I can give him when he inevitably comes to me asking for help on a ring?”

“While I do appreciate a bit of gold, I prefer silver as it is not quite as bold. Also your opinion he might pass by, as Rarity can help him with a designers eye.”

“You and Luna have the same taste in jewelry. Even if he does get help from Rarity I’ll keep that in mind just in case.“ Jer'rahd looks down at Berry who was starting to squirm a little at his side. He shifts reaching a hoof down to run over her back through the blanket trying to sooth her a bit. “So did you ever think we would end up like this when you decided to follow me on that mission?”

“A great deal has happened since we met, still I feel it safe to say, that life is not done with us yet.” Velkorn smiles looking down at the small unicorn between them.

“I like that answer.” mutters Jer'rahd as he wraps his leg around Berry as she jerks awake with a small cry shivering against him. He looks down at her trying to offer a bit of comfort as she huddles against him shaking off her nightmares.

=====================================================

[Isle of Gallopagos, 45 minutes later.]

Pip stared blankly out across the water from the end of the dock. A blanket draped over his shoulders half hiding him from view as he looks at the water as the last of the wreckage of The Princess Bride III sinks beneath the waves, the fire finally going out as it becomes a new shipwreck just off shore of Gallopagos island.

He had no idea what happened, he had waited for the trio for what could not have been two minutes, before he heard a noise like the deal wail of a grapefruit his mother was trying to prepare for breakfast. Sweetiebelle had come tearing out of the bathroom followed by Scootaloo, Applebloom, and a flood of seawater that seemed to be on fire.

Scootaloo lay over the edge of the dock not far away still having stomach pains from Sweetiebelle's tacos. Sweetiebelle herself sat next to him also covered in a towel watching the ship go under.

“This proves nothing.” the white mare states suddenly.

Pip slowly turns his head, doing his best imitation of his Da's thousand yard glare, something the white unicorn seemed to miss entirely. Before he could respond the sound of hoof beats on the wood drew his attention to Applebloom walking up behind them.

“Okay, good news, great news, ehh news, and bad news.” Applebloom states suddenly . Scootaloo lifts her head up, at least looking a little less green.

“The great news is they ain't gonna charge us with anything, as they have no idea how the toilets flooded the ship with seawater, and they can't connect us to the fire cause we weren’t near nothing flammable anyway. The good news is that the ships owner had CMC insurance so there's no real reason this'll get back to any one before our weeks are up. The bad news is word got around to tha other ships and we'll probably have a hard time finding a boat back to the mainland any time soon. The ehh news is we're gonna have a armed escort of at least four Half Dragon Royal Guard with us the whole time we are here.”

Pip slowly turns his head back to Sweetiebelle.

“Well that's better than I thought, guess Rarity knows we are here now, so much for surprising her. I'm sure she knows a way to get us back to the train tomorrow.” she glances to Pip, finally noticing the glare. “What? What's wrong with you?” Sweetiebelle questions.

“From now on you're not allowed to even go to the bathroom together!” Pip orders. “It's not even been a day and you're already making me fail my first mission!”

==============================================

[ 2 years after the War of Gods, Sweet Apple Acres.]

Jer'rahd smiles feeling the small fillies forelegs wrap tighter around his neck. He was moving slowly so she didn't feel like she might fall off, though he doubted she would with the death grip she had on him.

He really wasn't doing much at the moment aside from a bit of intervention. He had gotten Pip to leave Lion Heart and Peach Blossom alone to go play with the other foals. And he had used Berry to distract both Granny Smith and Starfall away from Big Mac and Rainbow Dash. The pair had seized the chance and vanished faster than Rhede could. He had also brought Berry around introducing her to the others trying to distract her enough to shake off the nightmare she had had. Currently he was standing in the kitchen where he had went to try and find something sweet for the filly.

He wasn't surprised that Fluttershy was there, But he was surprised she seemed just as skittish of him as ever. Still she had giving Berry a apple fritter to munch on, though the small unicorn refused to leave Jer'rahd's back to eat it so he simply sighed and resigned himself to pick sticky crumbs out of his mane later.

“So how have you been holding up lately?”Jer'rahd asks trying to break the ice with Fluttershy.

Fluttershy blinks looking back at him clearly a bit nervous about being alone with him.

“Umm not that bad really.”

“Are you staying out here on the farm now?”

“Yes....”

“Has Bleu managed to get you over your fear of dragons?”

“Some what.....”Fluttershy mutters.

Jer'rahd rolls his eyes. “So should I expect a wedding invitation for you and Applejack soon?” Jer'rahd asks Fluttershy a bit off hoofed .

The yellow pegasus suddenly turns bright red, mumbles something and shoots out the door like a cannon blast.

Jer'rahd blinks at the swinging door a moment before looking back to Berry. “ Was it something I said?”

Berry shrugs taking another bite of the apple fritter as Applejack pushes into the room with an angry glower on her face.

“Jer ya wanna tell me why Fluttershy rushed out the door, and is hiding under mai bed again?” Applejack demands, her eyes narrowing. “What did you say ta her?”

“Calm down... I was trying to make small talk..... I guess I can add talking about you and her getting married to the list of taboo topics.” Jer'rahd responds as Berry nods backing him up with half a fritter in her mouth.

AJ stares at him as he shrugs lightly careful not to dislodge the foal on his back. The farm pony finally sighs shaking her head.

“Ah was hoping she'd git less skittish moving in here, not more.”

“Well this is me. I do tend to unnerve most ponies.”

“Yah ah spect so. Been meaning tah ask, how're you and Luna gitting along? Specially with four little un's tah take care of now.”

“Well enough. She sorta surprised me with them, when she adopted , though she also referred to them as 'ours' rather than hers.”

“Well that sound's like a good thing. Still yah sure yer able tah take care of a buncha youngings? You Two ain't exactly tha most calm typa ponies ah know.”

“No I suppose we are not, but I'm not at all against it, I’ve plenty of free time until training starts again next spring. Luna's been rather busy lately though. I don't see nearly as much of her as I like.”

“From what Twilight says you ain't gonna have no trouble seeing her later once things calm down since yer supposed tah be her consort or what ever all that fancy talk is.

“Well that's if she wants me to....”

“Shut up.”

Jer'rahd blinks looking up at the annoyed earth pony.

“The two of ya'll practically inseparable in most conversations now. She's busy now, but we're still seeing the war's after effects. She clearly thinks yer worth helping her take care of her foals. Ah figure yah would be long past questioning if she want's yah any more, but noooo yer almost as bad as Twilight an tha Princess. Get over it , every pony but you seems tah see that she cares fer yah. Face it you an Princess Luna are a couple, so shut yer mouth about not believing that.” AJ rants. “So stop second guessing yerself and just accept it.”

Jer'rahd blinks at the outburst only to feel Berry tap his ear forcing him to look back to her as she pointed a hoof at her open mouth.

“You want another fritter?” Applejack asks with a sigh.

Berry nods.

“Alright , but last one, we got some real food coming soon.” Apple Jack states offering another of the treats to the filly smirking at Jer'rahd who's mane was full of sticky crumbs. “ Ah dun mean tah yell but yah gotta remember me and Fluttershy hid ourselves fer a while an ah dun wanna see you two miss out on anything cause yer still reluctant.”

“Fine, I'll take the Bearer of Honesty's word for it.” Jer'rahd chuckles. “So like I asked Fluttershy, when are you two getting married?”

“Prolly in the next year or two. Gonna announce it at tha next reunion in Appleloosa. Yah wanna come ta that?”

“Yes actually. I need to head out there to thank all of the ones who came to fight when they didn't have to.”

“Princess Celestia already did that.”

“But I didn't”

“Right fine. Ah keep fergettin yah got a thing about those who helped out. Back on topic. When did yah plan to propose ta Princess Luna?”

Jer'rahd blinks.

“Hadn't thought about it. Tradition would state I would need to ask her sister Celestia before I did, and we are not exactly on good terms. Plus with her history of being a Valkyrie I’m not sure if I need to propose or I should just expect her to throw me over her shoulder and run off with me. I'd rather not upset her by over stepping.”

“That is not how it works. Though I am amused you would think I would do that.”

Jer'rahd freezes feeling Berry lifted from his back He looks over at Apple Jack’s smile and sighs . He tilts his head back coming nose to nose with a dark blue alicorn with a small filly holding a Apple fritter nestled in her wings.

“Ahh I see you woke up finally Princess.” Jer'rahd smirks sheepishly.

“Yes, no thanks to a consort who didn't wake me up when he should have.” Luna grins humorlessly. “ One who almost made me miss my foals welcoming party to this side of the family?”

“Oh …. oops.” Jer'rahd chuckles halfheartedly.

“A'hm gonna let you two work this one out.” Applejack chuckles rising “ Ah got a mare friend to pull from under mah bed.”

=======================================================

[Current Day. Gallopagos Island, Darwhinny Keep.]

The CMC and Pip looked up at the structure before them with a bit of surprise and a little bit of confusion.

Darwhinny Keep was a relatively simple structure, a main building constructed mostly of sandstone that rose perhaps only three stories and was surrounded by a low wall that with a gate that perhaps only came up to the chin of a normal sized stallion. A shallow moat surrounded this and was more decorative with a number of carp and other ornamental fish swimming around. The structure it self was rather bulky and clearly built to last even if the defenses were merely decorative. It was not even the tallest building on the island and was slightly off center in the middle of the city covering most of Gallopagos island right next to the market district on one side and a residential sector on the other.

The castle itself was not what caused the small groups jaws to drop, it was the garishly colored banners hanging outside off the battlements. Bright blue and purple things that off set the faint orange of the sand stone and drew the eye away from the drab walls to the silver and gold threaded designs in the middle of the the banners with the Galapagos royal crests as well as the Equestrian night and day symbols.

A number of guards stood outside the doors and at the low wall. Most of them were half dragons though the occasional griffon and pony spotted the ranks. Each one wore something that at best could be described as straight out of a fashion magazine. Predominately in reds and blues a few guards wore silver mostly denoting their rank. Despite the strange designs all of the armor looked functional despite seeming decorative. The pair of guards walking with the small group had the blue designs and up close Pip could see the slight differences in the shades of blue seemingly tailored to match the dragons scales and coloration better.

“Ah see your sisters been busy.” mutters Applebloom

“Ugh, I'm starting to remember why I wasn't too upset when she moved.” Sweetiebelle groans. “ If she tries to get me to dress up and model again we are leaving.”

“Can't do that when we can't get a ship off the island....” Pip glowers.

“Sweetie, DAHLING.” shouts a voice from the castle gates.

“Oh boy, here we go.” grumbles Scootaloo.

Pip had only met Rarity a few times, so he never got to know her very well. Lion Heart on the other hand was nearly always around Da so he got to know the half dragon fairly well. Two years ago Lion Heart's Guard service was up. He decided he had learned enough and made plans to head back to the Gallopagos to take over for his brother in ruling the island.

He and Rarity had been dating for close to eight years by that point and rather than simply go home to attend to things, he proposed to her. Rarity had been rather shocked by the sudden proposal as well as the invitation to come back to the island with him, though she accepted. Rather than take her time she left with him and only came back for her things once everything had been settled in the new place.

He had not seen the wedding, which turned out to be much smaller than many ponies expected. Primarily it only consisted of her friends and family, along with a number of Guards and half dragons. Ma and Da had attended along with Starfall and Peach Blossom, but of the crusaders only Sweetiebelle had been invited, though she had brought Button and he had heard she was the one to catch the bouquet.

The white unicorn mare coming into view was flanked by a pair of guards as well as a pair of half dragon mares, in nurses outfits. He wasn't sure why until he took a good look at Rarity, the rather large gown she wore hid her form rather well, but simply from her rather labored gait as she trotted up to Sweetiebelle he could tell a few things.

“Oy ,ah just got away from all tha baby talk too.....” Pipsqueak bemoans as Rarity hugs her younger sister. The others noting along with Pip that the mare was clearly pregnant.

“Yeah maybe this part of the trip might have been a mistake.” Applebloom sighs trying to ignore Sweetiebelle and Rarity's rather excited reunion.

“Least it's only a day.” Scootaloo mutters her ears perking as she watches a rather large black pegasus trot out of the castle. The half dragon looked over to Rarity and her sister with a small smirk though he trotted a wide path around the pair and moved to the three sitting apart a bit. Pip was immediately up on his hooves with a salute to which the half dragon sighed in response to though he returned.

“At ease Pip, I'm not in the Guard any more you do not have to salute me. Good to see you again regardless, How's you Da, still running ponies ragged?”

“Of course Sir. Ya can't expect him tah calm down any, he'd get bored, which would make things worse. Course he's gotten worse any way with Ma being with foal.” Pip responds.

“I understand that feeling, going through it myself here.” he glances back at Rarity.

“Um Pip who's this?” Scootaloo questions.

“Oh this is Lord Lion Heart, ruler of Gallopagos.” Pip explains. “He's also Rarity's husband.”

“Not so much ruler, we are still part of Equestria, I’m more of a Governor than anything else.” Lion Heart explains as Scootaloo and Apple Bloom look to the half dragon, wondering if they should bow.

“Ah remember you, we met after Spike sent us back to the castle with his fire. Celestia had yah watch us fer a bit.....” Applebloom states noting the half dragon flinch a little. “Aheh... sorry about that.”

“It's fine. It's been a long while since then.” Lion Heart states with a fanged smirk which made Scootaloo flinch. “Now then I don't suppose you can explain what happened to the Princess Bride?”

Pip winces before he explained “My fault sir , I was supposed tah be their watcher and Sweetiebelle decided to prove the rule wrong and pulled the others into the little mares room, Sir.”

“The report I read did say the disaster started there. What happened inside?” Lion Heart questions looking to Applebloom and Scootaloo.”

“Beats me, I was too busy trying not to vomit over everything. Word of warning if Sweetiebelle cooks anything while she's here, don't eat it.” Scootaloo bemoans.

“I have already been warned of that with tales of liquid burnt toast.” he sighs looking to Applebloom.

“All I did was try and wash mai face and when ah turned the knob tha sink exploded.” mutters Applebloom. “Look ah already told tha Guard everything.”

“I am aware, but a ship that has been around for two hundred years was destroyed today and I want to make sure I know the full details of why so I might prevent it from happening to anything else.....”

“Pippy!”

“Oh, by Ma's tail she noticed me......” Pip mutters as Rarity prances over to him sweeping the small stallion up into a hug.

“Oh look how much you've grown...... well bulked up any way.” Rarity squees as Pip mouths “help me' to the other two who only back up a few paces. “Oh you are going to have to tell me how everything is going at the castle it's been months since I’ve been there.”

“Only two, Mrs. Rarity.” gasps Pip.

“Oh I know, but a great deal can happen in a few months. Princess Luna is due any day now isn't she? I still have a few months left before I’m expecting though I’ve got an entire wing already decorated for her. Oh you simply must come and see it and tell me what you think.”

“Err actually I need to take a look at the library here, err it's kinda important.” Applebloom states.

“Yeah and I need to tag along with her for things and stuff. I'm sure Sweetiebelle and Pip would love to see everything though.....” Scootaloo states earning a death glare from Pip.

“My vengeance shall be swift and merciless” mutters Pip still hugged tight in the white unicorns forelegs.

“Oh well if you must, “states Rarity either missing completely, or ignoring Pip's mutters. “Talia and Electria can show you the Library, though I warn you Twilight already raided it during her last vist so I am not sure what books she borrowed though I do know she borrowed a great number of them. Oh any way come along Pip I want to hear all about what's going on.”

The pair watch Rarity wander off with Pip, with Sweetiebelle bouncing around her sister excitedly.

Scootaloo and Applebloom look to Lion Heart who simply shrugs and nods to the Guards. “ Dinner will be a little later tonight, about ten,so you will have around three hours or so for the library. I expect you to not make a mess, and not use your wings or other abilities.” The half dragons jade eyes narrow as he looks between the two fillys. ”Some of the tomes in the library are older than the island itself. I have guest quarters arraigned for you all, as well as a private ship to return you to the mainland the day after tomorrow in time to catch your train.”

“Oh um... thank you.” Applebloom states.

“No need to thank me. But given how close Rarity is to her own delivery date I do not wish to take any chances with another accident happening nearby.”

“It was not our fault.” mutters Applebloom.

“I am not blaming you directly. But it is no secret that things happen when you three are all together. And rarely are they good things. You best go before the library closes.” Lion Heart concludes turning back towards the keep. “I will see you at dinner.”

===========================================================

[ Two years after the War of gods. Sweet Apple Acres]

“This is undignified.” Jer'rahd grumbles.

“You should have thought of that before not waking me up to come out here with you.”

“You needed the sleep.”

“Not an excuse, though if you are so concerned that I do not exert myself you shouldn't care how undignified this is.” Luna explains.

“I don't care, I meant undignified for you.”

Jer'rahd sighs feeling Luna shift a little, the larger mare settling onto his back like he was a moving throne. Berry was cradled in her wings looking rather excited to be as high up as she was and looking down at every thing. Of course she was still eating a fritter and raining crumbs down on Jer'rahd's head as he walked around the orchard outside the farm house.

“Please Jer'rahd, every pony here knows me, so all of them have seen me far less dignified than this. There's also that whole Valkyrie thing you thought of. Yes we were all female warriors though we didn't treat stallions as objects like you seem to think, we were not savages.” Luna smiles reaching over to tickle his nose with a wing feather. “ Besides if I recall, some pony told me I needed rest.... now mush once more around the orchard should do for the punishment for now.”

His ears perk as he hears Berry giggle a little though he smiles and shakes his head.

“As you wish Princess.......”

===================================================

[Current Day Darwhinny Keep Library, Gallopagos island.]


Scootaloo lounges in one of the chairs glancing over at the Guards then over at Applebloom pouring over a couple of books..

“Ugggh this is boring. It might almost be worth it to see what Rarity is doing.” Scootaloo bemoans. “ Seriously why are we in here? Why are you all book worm all of the sudden? And what are you even looking for ?”

Applebloom sighs sitting back noting the guards though she didn't really think this was any big secret, she was a bit reluctant to let to many know what Zecora said. She reaches back pulling the necklace out of her saddle bag and sets it on the table. Scootaloo as well as the two guards move a little closer to look at it, though Scootaloo lifts it up with a hoof and rattles it a little.

“What is that a rock?” Scootaloo asks.

“Ah think it's a seed, but ah've never seen one like it before and ah was hoping ah might find something on it here, but so far no good.” Applebloom sighs.” Ah don't suppose either of you have seen anything like it?”

Both the guards shake their heads one muttering a small apology before stepping back to her post by the door, the other remains seemingly lost in thought for a moment.

“There is a gardener who tends the gardens at the Keep. He might know something, I suppose we can set up a meeting tomorrow.”

“Thanks that would be great.” Apple Bloom smirks .

“So what's the deal with the seed any way? Why all the fuss?” Scootaloo questions putting the small bauble back down on the table.

“Zecora gave it to me, she said it was something important an ah should hold onto it cause it had tah do with this trip.”

“Zecora? What did she get one of her feelings again?” Scootaloo asks suddenly rather interested in this. Applebloom had told them about Zecora's strange ability and all three of the CMC had seen it first hoof a number of times, though they just choked it up to a zebra thing. Still when Zecora said something was up, it was always good to listen.

“Yeah that's what she said, but she couldn't tell me anything about it. Ah know her talent is growing plants, so ah don't know why she didn't try tah grow this on her own. It's gotta be somethin important an it's drivin me crazy.”

“ Well she sent it with you so somethings gotta happen that involves it. All her predictions seemed to work out before, all you have to do is sit back and wait. No need to even stress about it. You'll figure out what it is when you need to.”

“But ah wanna know nao!” Applebloom whines.”What if it has tah do with me finally getting a dun cutie mark? Ah been waiting eighteen years fer that.....”

“Geez calm down. You know Sweetie and I have your back in this AB. You're the last one of us without a cutie mark. Keep in mind the crusaders motto, we won't stop til we all have our cutie marks.” Scootaloo grins.

Applebloom smiles slightly. “Yeah Scoots ah know. Ah ain't worried about that. It's just ah kinda gave up hope on it after all this time.”

“Don't be like that, hey I know.” Scootaloo hops up her wings flickering a little as she acted like she was about to take to the air though quickly stopped herself as the two guards shifted. “ Oops sorry, any way, you're the one he called Talia right?” Scootaloo asks looking at the unicorn half dragon who spoke earlier.

“I'm Elecktra, she's Talia.” The half dragon points to the red armored Guard with wings.

“Right okay sorry, you guys all look alike in that armor, same color an everything. Any way, we need some new stuff to try for AB so how did you get your cutie marks?”

The pair look at each other before Talia shrugs.

“We don't have cutie marks.” Talia states. “ Very few half dragons do, we take more after our draconic ancestors in that regard. “

“What? Why's that? Ya'll are at least half pony, Ah know hippogryphs and half zebra's get cutie marks.” Applebloom states.

“It's theorized that our connection to the earth and the use of dragon magic that flows though us innately makes us closer to our dragon kin in that regard. “ Elecktra comments. “While a number of gain some aspects from our draconic kin, it is usually only a very special case for one of us to earn a cutie mark.

“Dragon magic prevents cutie marks from forming? Huh that's odd..... wait..... Oh crap Applebloom......” Scootaloo gasps looking over to Applebloom as the earth pony starts beating her head on the table.”This just turned into a loooong trip.....”

Author's Note:

I know i said by the weekend, but it's only monday... so i was close ..... right?