• Published 14th Jun 2013
  • 336 Views, 9 Comments

Equestria's Death and Dead - Sif-Sif



Equestria crumbles to its knees. The foundations of the united nation falls apart, separated by the corruption that plagues the land with a grand disease, leaving death in its wake. Yet the dead rise again, roaming mindlessly, with a thirst for blood

  • ...
1
 9
 336

Day 1

Ponyville. You

“D-Donut...? W-what... happened... to you?” You began to crawl backwards in a feeble attempt to get away from him. But that didn't stop Joe. He just kept limping towards you, dragging his machete with him.

“No no no!! Stay away!” You tried to turn around to run, but you were too scared to do so, your mind was being eaten away by such a gruesome sight, causing your legs to feel like were filled with led. So there you lay, paralyzed and vulnerable. Is this how you’re life ends? By some twisted version of what was once a great donut baker?

Joe raised his machete above his head, ready to bring to down for the killing blow, as you lay there with you hooves covering your head. But just before Joe had a chance to bring his bloody weapon down, a blur of dark red zipped right in front of Joe. A second later, his hoof from the ankle and his machete fell to the ground, leaving a very confused dumb folded zombie Donut Joe looking at his decapitated hoof. Joe looked at his still twitching hoof on the ground, to you, to where the red blur came from, then back to his recently chopped ankle.

A few seconds later, the same red blur flashed by, from a different angle. This time, you was able to catch a quick glimpse of whatever was flying by. It was a crimson red pony, in dark blackish apparel with strange wings. The only other part you was able to make out was that this pony is male, due to the soft, but deep grunting noise he had made when passing by, and his distinct body form. Other than that, you couldn't make out his facial expression or features.

The blur was gone in a flash, just as fast as before, but so was Donut Joes head. Which was on the ground making strange gurgling noises. His body on the other hand was having a spasm on the ground, twitching violently.

You still lay frozen in place. Your mind is going beyond what it can handle. First, you return to a ghost town, your best friend isn’t around, no pony can be found for that matter, almost killed by a zompony Donut Joe, and now you were just saved by some strange red pony blur. But after a few moments of pulling yourself together, you finally get up and turn around. And as you turned to run away from the scene, you were stopped from yet again, another blood crazed pony. This pony didn't look familiar to you, but this pony did have similar traits to Joe. Pale coat, messy mane and tail with red patches, and gray eyes with the same black rings.

Unlike last time, you had control of your legs, and decided to try them out by turning back around and making a run for where there wasn't any of those, things. Right when you started to run you heard a quick swoosh from behind you. When you looked back, the pony was no longer there. You turned back forward but nearly slammed into a red pony. The same pony that saved you. This time, you actually had the chance to study how he looks.

His mane and tail was dark red, with a gray streak running though both. You couldn't tell if he had blood on his mane, tail, or coat, since he was overall naturally crimson red. His mane was messy, more like teased ruffled spikes, and his tail looked like a curved blade, actually having that metallic shine to it. His eyes were neon green but something was different, his eyes were odd. Normally, every other pony has round pupils, but his were lizard like, vertical pupils. That wasn't the only thing that was different. The tip of his left ear looks like it was ripped off. The black blur you saw when he flew by before was his thick leather over coat that was over what looked like chest, abdomen and shoulder armor. It couldn’t be leather, because cows do prefer to keep their skin. But the material that he was currently wearing was different. Upon closer look, there was small little outlines, almost as if the fabric wasn't even fabric, but maybe scales?

To make him look more bizarre, he had four short but spiky horns on the sides of his head, sticking out of his mane, two on each side. His wings which poked out of his coats back slits, looked like they were made. The base of his wings, or his main part of his bone, was metallic like, with what looked like artificial feathers.

“Uh.. Huh... H-hello?” You stuttered. There was a moment of silence between you two. He seemed to be doing the same thing you were to him, observing how you look.

Then he turned tail and started to walk off “Wha.. Hey! Wait up for a second!” you called after him, he didn’t turn back so you trotted to his side. “Hey! Uh hello?”

“What.” His voice was just as strange as he looked. It sounded airy, as if he whispered, but it was still loud in volume.

Wow, a bit rude much? “I, just wanted to thank you, for saving me that is.”

He kept staring forward down the street which led to the edge of town before replying “… You’re welcome.”


You squint your eyes at him as you keep up with his pace “Can you at least tell me yo-”

“The name is Exile.”

“But.. How did you know I was-”

“Because I have been in this situation before. You were not the only one.”

“Really? So that means there are more p-” You were again interrupted, but instead of him saying anything, he turned slightly to you and placed a hoof on your lips, silencing you.

"I'm exhausted, covered in dried blood, had to save you twice as well as a few others before you, and I didn't have my coffee. Look, I'm going back to safe place, where you can have all your questions answered. That way, you can stop talking to me." he stated with slight annoyance in his whisper like voice.

First living pony I meet... total douche.. But you decided to keep it quite while you follow him to where ever this safe place may be. As long as this place doesn't have more of those... things... and more living ponies, then heck, why not.

Author's Note:

Just a little shout out to my dear friends on Cloudsdale. Love ya guys! Snuggle me dammit! >:3