• Published 14th Jun 2013
  • 1,302 Views, 27 Comments

Talking Tree - xErickKingx

  • ...
5
 27
 1,302

Me, HERBERT(Bob), and Fluttershy

Being the only one hurts more then being the last one

Fluttershy open her eyes and took a look over her surroundings. She was still in the beautiful garden and in front to her was the talking tree.

“Hi.” said the tree while looking down at her. “You seem to look better than before... yeah... I am a talking tree and you are not high on any chems.” The tree said in a easy way so that her brain could swallowed everything in one bite.

“.....”

Fluttershy by now was in a state of unreality and reality(in my POV, mind fucking blown). She wondered how in the name of Celestia there was a talking tree in the Everfree Forest with the ability to think and express itself! This was her first encountering such a being. There was only one thing that she could say to the tree.

“How does it feel?” Fluttershy whispered loud enough for the tree to hear.

The tree was impressed by the random whisper question that seemed like it needed an answer.

“What do you mean by “how does it feel” little creature.” The tree said while shaking some of his branches uneasily.

“You know... being a tree... I've always wanted...wanted... to be.... one?” Fluttershy asked.

The tree was even more impressed by the confession of the little yellow creature in front of him. “Well...I believe that it is better to introduce ourselves before continuing our little weird chit chat. Well it seems that this is your first encounter with a talking tree...right?” Ask the tree, and hoping that he was the only one around the land.

The yellow pegasus nodded and replied “and this is your first encounter with a pegasus pony...right?”she asked while looking into his eyes.

The tree sighted in relief that they were the only one and answers back to the pegasus“Well...Yes...I do believe is the first time I encountered a pegasus...even though I read about them in books I never believed that they were real.” The tree replies to the little pegasus in an amazed way, then screamed aloud “Yes Bob. When I say "my", I am talking about you meeting her!!!”

"Hmm” said the mare while looking confusedly at the tree in front of her who was speaking to nopony else. ”Who are you talking to?" The yellow pegasus asked worriedly .

“To Herbert!” the tree replied in an angry tone which caused the pegasus to shrink into a ball to hide herself behind her pink hair. “Ohhh... I am so sorry to startle you like that...My name is Harold and..well...how can I put this?” He asked himself while looking at the roof. “Well, lets just say that there is another living being, which is a plant, inside of me. His name is Bob but he gets mad when I call him Herbert. Right HERBERT?!”

After Harold finish speaking. The trees that surrounded they moved violently from side to side, the ones ready to harvest shedding their loads to the ground.
“HAHAHAHA. Don’t get mad Bob, I'm just messing with you...Ok...OK! I am sorry for telling our new friend your nickname...Ok I will tell her that...Herb...I mean, Bob ask if you can tell him your name my little pony.”

“Ok...”Fluttershy was even more confused and amazed with the knowledge that inside of Harold was the living tree “named” Bob. She felt uneasy since she was never good at introducing herself to other ponies and ended up whispering her name.

“AWW, COME ON! Not this bullshit again!!!Speak normal or LOUDER!!! In front of me!!!” the voice said piss off.

“FLUTTERSHY!” Fluttershy replied the mare with guts to the tree.

“Now, that much better than the last time. Not too loud and not too quiet. When you talk to me, talk normal. Are you kind of shy when you talk to people?”

Then it hit, Herbert not Bob, hard, like the bullet that went to his head a long time ago, when he noticed that her name, after all, was FlutterSHY. S. H. Y. SHY. How stupid was he as a tree for not noticing that?! And even more for a (ex)human being.

“Yes” The mare replied, trying not to whisper it to herself, but her shyness was gone and replaced with curiosity when she asked. “What are People? Are they like you?”

“Well, people are human beings and its the plural my kind use when they are a lot of them in one place and, yes, they are more like me all around the earth” He took a big breath and whisper to himself
“or what was left from it when I was on it.”

But, at this, her ears perked up, she could not imagine that there were more creatures like him spread around the entire world, in all Equestria! How did she never notice that before and why did her animals friend never tell her that there were talking trees!!! Maybe its sacred to talk about the talking trees. Did Celestia know about these beings?

Harold notices that the pink maned mare was getting the wrong idea, that there were talking trees all over the world. He needed to end the fantasies and nonsense that were spinning around her small head.

“And by that, I mean they all look like me. I mean, damn it, that they look like how I used to look. 6-8 feet tall, with 5 limbs which are the head, the body, the 2 legs and the 2 arms, bipedal...ok? Like a monkey. Yes! We look like monkeys but with only hair on our heads and certain other parts of our bodies. They are not trees that talk and can move all nature by their will.” and once again, Harold whispered to himself “like We are able to do.”

Fluttershy was snapped from her whole ideas of trees, suddenly feeling disappointed. Harold felt that it was the best to tell her the truth. He didn’t want to hear about a yellow pegasus pony in the search of all, the non-existent, talking trees.

“Oh. Then why are you telling me that they are more of your kind out there” Fluttershy reply, suddenly hostile.
Harold was impressed with how the yellow pegasus changed her mood. He looked at the sky and try to put it in a way that the creature might understand.

“Well, how can I put this in a way you can understand? It would take days for me to tell you everything! I will just have to tell you my whole life and where I come from...won't I?” Harold said while looking down at the mare, het felt happy that he was talking to someone once again after... he didn't even know how many years was he has been in the forest.

“What do you mean by that? Are you the only one left of your kind?” Asked Fluttershy feeling sorry for the tree.
“If by kind, you mean talking tree. Then yes. I am and still am, the only one who is a talking tree, where I come from” Harold replied, with no emotions at all.

Harold noticed that the yellow furred pony was about to cry, so he decided to lighten things up “...but of course with Bob at my side...You know, scratch that, Inside is more accurate“my side all the way”

Fluttershy smiled at his comment, despite clearly not understanding what he meant by it. It made him laugh as hard as he could.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Isn’t that right Herbert! Just Bob and me and all the plants in this forest.

Bob only moved some flowers that were close to Fluttershy as a sign that he was laughing too at the irony.

“Ok then, would you please con...OUCH!” Fluttershy scream in pain which made Harold and Bob worry about her condition.

“Are you ok smoothsk...I mean Fluttershy?” What’s wrong with you?” Harold asks the injured pony.

“Ju...OUCH...my wings got hurt by timberwolves and I can’t move themshhhhh... very well. I need some medicine so I can put themmmmm... on relief and something to wrap them up so they can heal quickly.” Fluttershy replied with a pained face.

“Bob just told me that he knows some herbs that might do the trick on your wings. I think that some vines that are on front of us might work to wrap those wings of yours. And don’t worry; they are 100 percent poison free.”

She listen the instructions of Harold, that Bob gave him, for finding the herbs that she needed. They were hard to find since she felt that all the plants, herbs and trees of the world were in there. After a while, she gathered all the herbs and mashed them together and rubbed them on her fragile wings. The herb stung her wings but the stinging was quickly replace in a wonderful feeling of relief. Then, she wrapped the veins around her wings, feeling more comfortable after the treatment.
“Oh yeah I will tell her that. Bob told me that the herbs will knock you for 12 whole hours. By the look of it, its night time out there. So you are going to wake up in the morning. Good night Fluttershy. Sleep well!

“Wait. I...I...I want... to talk...abou...t...yo...u.li...” She was out before she could finish her question.

Author's Note:

Here is the second chapter...so...yeah...that all
Oh. Yeah. A big THANKS goes to Exia01 for helping me on proof reading and suggesting me to modified some lines.

Comments ( 11 )

2739726 Something like how little kids can't see their parents as real people. They're flawless paragons of infallible stability in the eyes of a three year old...

I saw the title and was like 'this seems out of place, I don't remember a talking tree in a fallout game', then I saw the cover art, ' oh right that talking tree...':facehoof: silly me

Oh man I hope Harold an bob meet the rest of the mane six! Much laughter shall ensue I assume.

2809669
spoilers
Well...there are going to be 3 ending with prologue and maybe a alternative ending
and yes and no on the happiness
that why i put the tragedy tag

On Hiatus? UGH!

i can't wait for an update, to tell the story of all the ones who redeem our humility the the 4 the 1st one the the ones who help us in time of need

The Vault Dweller
The Chosen One
The Lone Wanderer
The Courier

thos 4 have done more good in the would done anyone elsa ever by doing whats right.

3264264
How the fuck did you know that wasa next
ps.I need a prrofreader if you want ...you know..PM ME:raritywink:

3299888 as mech i like to am not your guy to go to just read my fic and you know why

3299888
love this all the way!!!:rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment