• Published 19th Jun 2013
  • 3,328 Views, 75 Comments

Running With Draconaqui - Tiaa OwO



A draconaquus is a mighty breed, not meant for destruction and chaos. What if there was a reason Discord turned to his chaotic powers and wacky sense of humor for a reason that is unknown to pony kind?

  • ...
14
 75
 3,328

Rewind

Discord was abnormally quiet on the way back to Ponyville. He kept sneaking glances at Jasmine and looking away whenever she caught him. The ponies were sleeping peacefully. He decided not to bother them for once so he chuckled to himself. Spike growled at him.

"What do you want?"

"Hmm? Me? Oh. Nothing."

"So why do you keep staring at me?" Jasmine stared at him with half lidded purple eyes.

"I was noticing your aura."

"My aura?"

"Yes. Your aura is very different. I wonder why . . ."

Spike held Jasmine close to him. He glared at the spirit of chaos. "You better not be playing any tricks on her. If I find one hair misplaced or discolored I'll-" Discord leaned forward and narrowed his eyes. Was that twerp threatening him!?

"Or what, Spike? What are you going to do if I touch a hair on your girlfriends head? Hmm? I'm dying to hear this." Jasmine bristled. Was that a threat thrown towards her? Spike was obviously thinking the same thing so he avoided Discord's steely gaze and looked at the floor.

"Nothing. I just-I just don't want you playing any pranks today. Or on this train at all, actually."

"Oh." Discord then mumbled, "That's what I thought." Awkward silence followed for the next few minutes. Jasmine decided to break it by asking a question she needed answered.

"Um, Discord, who took you? Why did they take you? How did they take you? And what about my aura?"

"What about your aura!? Wait a minute. You don't know?"

"Know what?" Spike asked.

"I dunno. Know what, Discord?"

" . . . "

"What? Tell me. It's my body we're talking about."

"N-nothing. Shall I answer your other questions in order? No. Um . . . Who? A group of dragon-pony hybrids and timber wolves got me. How? I was surrounded. They cast some spells and I was unable to use my powers. They tied me up in magical bounds and carried me to Filly. Why? They were harvesting my energy to power a machine of some sort. It creates energy balls to power Master's secret weapon."

"S-secret weapon!?" Spike stuttered. "W-we need to t-tell Princess Celestia r-right away!" Jasmine glared at him. He smiled sheepishly.

"You mean, your going to warn the enemy?"

"Ah . . . no Jazz . . . I meant . . . uh . . . we gotta warn . . . Princess Luna . . . heheh . . ."

"Uh huh."

"No, really!"

"You're not getting yourself out of this one, Spike."

"Darn. I'll be over here, then."

"Yea, you do that."

"Did you guys happen to hear a male, angry, and gruff sounding voice in your heads anytime while you were in the building?" Discord asked.

"As a matter of fact, we did. It knocked Science right out!"

"Who's Science?"

"My physic zebra rat!"

Uge . . . you rang?

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"


Sweety Belle locked the cage door and watched the naughty kitty hiss and throw a fit. Her mane was a mess but she had no cuts or scratches. Night Flower wasn't so lucky. He had managed to break his nose chasing a cat.
A cat.
Sweety smiled at Night Flower and went to get a wet rag to clean up the cuts. Night flower watched her go and relaxed a little. It was nice to finally be able to relax. He couldn't wait until Rarity got home. She would praise him and even invite him to dinner.
Wait.
No, he was supposed to do the asking. And she would say yes. He could see it now.
"Oh, Night Flower, never mind your girly name or your constant flirting with other mares. I would LOVE to spend some quality time with you after work. I know this lovely restaurant-"
"Nightie, watch out!" Sweety Belle called. Uh oh. He had hit the cage by accident and let the whiny cat out. Darn. Opalescence hissed and swiped at his claw with her claws.

"Good kitty. C'mon, back in your cage. Good kitty." The cat wasn't having any of it. She crouched. Night Flower gulped.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Sweety Belle watched her 'baby/cat sitter' get mauled by a five pound feline. She sighed and shook her head. Why her sister hired him, she would never know.

"Idiot."


Science grinned at Discord the whole time they were getting off the train. Discord found it very creepy. The rat had decided it was very fun to stare at the spirit of chaos and see him flinch at an unnaturally smart rodent reading his mind.

So, Mr. Chaotic Guy, how was cage life? Did it feel good to be an animal for once? Oh wait, you already are an animal! Ha!

"You are one rude little tyke aren't you?" Rainbow Dash said.

"Ah would throw you right out like the garbage you treat others like." Applejack stated. "Ah ain't never met nopony as mean as you."

"Ha! Wait until you meet Ember." Twilight scoffed. "She's mean and rude." Science glared at her.

How do you know, Ember? I've never seen Jasmine tell you about her.

"She probably told her on her own time." Rarity sighed. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie glanced at each other. The party mare giggled.

"Arguments are funny."

"Speaking of arguments, where's Princess Luna? I didn't see her get off the train."

"I didn't see her get on the train."

"Ah haven't even seen 'er until a little before we went into the buildin'."

"Where is she!? Princess Luna!?" Jasmine shushed everyone. There was barking. A german shepard was twirling in circles, trying to get their attention. "Hey there, little guy. What's wrong?" The dog barked and barked. It led them to a spot in the station where they could see Canterlot in the distance. There was a small blue silhouette in the sky.

"She flew here!? She left early to get a head start back to Canterlot!?" Twilight exclaimed. The dog barked.

"Hey, that's 42, the dog that was with the dog who let me out. Did you follow us here?" Discord said. 42 barked. "How splendid!" The dog galloped off. The boxer, 51, that everypony didn't notice get off, followed.

"Alright, let's just head back to Ponyville, make a plan for both sides, rest up, and head to Canterlot. We have to deal with this problem now. We've got two draconaqui, a dragon, two more dragons that might help, the Elements, and a whole bucketful of testees that will support us. We're ready to face my dad."

Author's Note:

The big fight that everypony has been waiting for is coming up and the end is coming near!!!!!!!!!!!!!!