• Published 19th Jun 2013
  • 3,324 Views, 75 Comments

Running With Draconaqui - Tiaa OwO



A draconaquus is a mighty breed, not meant for destruction and chaos. What if there was a reason Discord turned to his chaotic powers and wacky sense of humor for a reason that is unknown to pony kind?

  • ...
14
 75
 3,324

Mane Monstrosities

Spike, Luna, and Jasmine flew about a mile and a half to get to Ponyville. It only took 20-30 minutes but Spike seemed to be having a mini heart attack everytime a minute passed by. Jasmine glanced at him and sighed. It hurt her everytime he was sad and worried like this. The last time he ever felt so much grief was when she broke up with him. And when she told him about Discord . . . All my fault, she thought. She lowered her head in shame and growled.

"What troubles you, Jasmine?" Luna asked her. Jasmine looked at the princess. The princess smiled knowingly. "Troubles with guilt, huh?"

"How did you know?"

"You are quite easy to read." Jasmine gasped.

"Am I really? I hope not . . ." Luna chuckled. She flapped her wings and got closer. She placed a hoof on the dragonaquus' shoulder.

"Just teasing. Don't worry. Spike loves you with all his heart and you love him." Jasmine grimanced. Luna frowned. "You do love him, don't you?" Jasmine nodded.

"I do . . . I do. I just . . . uge . . . my stomach hurts . . . I think it's the guilt."

"Ah. Don't worry. Whatever you did is in the past. Don't let it eat you up inside. If you're still worried, however, you can talk to somepony." Luna narrowed her eyes. "Or your special somepony."

"Sure, that could work. Spike is such a good listener."

"I wonder how much fun you guys have in that room."

"Luna!" Luna spread her wings and flew forward in a fit of laughter. Jasmine took after her. Spike looked up from his daydream and watched the two girls flip and turn in the air. He smiled.


The trio landed just outside of Ponyville. Smoke curled into the air like angry grey snakes. They cautiously walked through and looked around for any signs of ponies. They saw several putting out fires on flowers and other crops. There were ponies cowering together and discussing the state of their houses and property while others rushed to put out fires in their jobs. Twilight was lifting a pile wood and casting a spell on it. A pegasus stallion flew next to her and tapped her. The lavender unicorn glared at him.

"Sorry to bother, Miss Sparkle. There is trouble near Sweet Apple Acres and Miss Shy's cottage."

"Alright. Send in several earth ponies to Fluttershy's and a few pegasai to Apple Acres. The Apples can handle themselves better than any of us. Make sure they bring the splinters here right after." The stallion nodded. He flapped his wings and suddenly looked nervous.

"Why are you still here!?"

"Um . . . do you need help? . . . When I come back, that is?"

"Yea, sure, whats your name?"

"Shadow Boo."

"Alright, Shadow. Hurry up will ya!"

Spike, Luna, and Jasmine had taken a route around Ponyville that was located just outside of the Everfree forest. Spike wrinkled his nose and gagged. Jasmine pointed up ahead.

"That's my dads timber wolf right there. That ones Razor I think. Oh no, that's Claw and Blade . . . daddy's gone ane sent his wolves to attack Ponyville." Luna lit up her horn.

"Well, we're not going to let them destroy these ponies' property are we?" Spike and Jasmine smirked at each other.

"Nope!" Spike torched one with a belch of green fire. It howled painfully and collapsed into splinters. Jasmine bit her bottom lip and watched as Luna shot a magical blast towards another one . It burst into splinters without so much as a bark. The third timber wolf had caused damage, tearing at apple trees and chasing poor little Applebloom around the orchard. Jasmine shakily made a ball of pure chaos.

"Applebloom! Move out of the way!"

"Ahm trying!"

"Um . . . Try harder?"

"Ahhhh! Is this better!?" Jasmine aimed and fired. The timber wolf sizzled into a pile of ash right before it was about to get the little yellow filly. Applebloom smiled and rushed to the female dragonaquus.

"You alright?"

"Yea! Thanks fer the save!"

"No prob, Applebloom." Luna and Spike approached them. Applebloom gasped at seeing the lunar princess.

"Princess Luna!? Whaddya doin' here? Did ya come to help?"

"Yes. We're also looking for Discord. Have you seen him?"

"Eeup! He came 'round here hours ago! Askin' 'bout a bad pony. Ah was there when he was talkin' to Twilight, Applejack, an' Fluttershy. He left real fast though. Talkin' nonsense."

"As usual." Applejack added, starteling the quartet. "Jus' like Applebloom never minds her own business." She ruffled the teenage filly's mane and tipped her stetson to Jasmine and the others. "Thankyou kindly fer helping and keeping ma sister safe. What brings you here besides Discord?" Jasmine frowned and lowered her eyes.

"My father is trying to destroy and/or take over Equestria."

"What!?"