• Published 13th Jun 2013
  • 2,792 Views, 29 Comments

TCB - Ponify - vadram



“People of Earth! You have been lied to! The Conversion Bureau is not what it seems.” H.A.T.E.C.B. opening statement.

  • ...
29
 29
 2,792

Clip Two: It was a dark day

The
Conversion
Bureau
Ponify - It was a dark day


It was a cold dark day.

Storm clouds were covering the sky, the wind was blowing, winter was fast approaching and that year’s autumn was cold, rainy, and windy.

Deep in the city, down a small alleyway filled with all manner of trash, where the building’s walls were covered in several layers of graffiti, hidden inside an condemned building, a small group of homeless tried to keep warm. Among them stood one a young human by the name of Joe. A few months ago the poor soul had lost his job, found out his father died, got dumped by his girlfriend, and lost his home shortly after. Now homeless, jobless, cold and alone, Joe tried to get from one day to another.

But things have a tendency to get worse before they get better.

The door of the building was kicked open and five men made their lives even more miserable. They started beating up every homeless they find, breaking anything that they could break, all the time cursing and laughing at their victims misfortune.

Lucky Joe was sleeping far enough from the door that the screams of the firsts woke him up and he had just enough time to get some of his stuff and ran away, others were not as lucky.

Now with only the clothes on his back and what he could take with him he wandered the streets of the city.

He walked and kept his eyes open for a place where he could find something to eat, or sleep during the night. After spending the rest of the day dumpster diving, running from angry store owners, almost getting arrested he found a small homeless camp build underneath a railway crossing. Being a newcomer the best he could get was a spot next to the edge of the camp. The wind blew just as strong as always but at least he was keeping dry, for the most part.

He covered himself with a jacket he managed to take from his previous place, and tried to get to sleep.

Another thing that keep him from doing that, besides the wind, the cold, and the rain, was the light.

Despite most of the lights around the crossing either dead or dieing, he was unable to sleep because of a large electronic billboard a short distance away. Two advertisements, complete with sound, were set on an endless loop, most of the noise was drowned out by the rain, but the light was not. One of the commercials was for a coffee soft drink. It was short, comprised mostly just out of the company’s logo and slogan. But the other was louder, more animated, and a lot more interesting. Joe spent much of the night just looking at it. It was selling something he really wanted.

Hope.

The screen goes dark after the soda commercial, and a speaker appears on the screen.