• Published 4th Oct 2011
  • 5,371 Views, 32 Comments

A Corrupted and Sad Human in Equestria - TrueKillerHun



A human with his life at an end finds himself in a strange land

  • ...
8
 32
 5,371

Chapter 1: Life ends as I know it,,, or is it?

A corrupted and sad human in Equestria (a first-person narrative fanfic)

By TrueKillerHun

Chapter 1: Life ends as I know it...or is it?

"Ha, ha, ha! How embarrassing to get your pants dropped on graduation, huh, Draco."

"I'm sorry to say that your mother died of cancer yesterday. I'm sorry."

"That was your final strike, Geoff! You're fired!"
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Those voices continued to ring in my mind as I sat in the middle of my empty apartment living room. A few months ago, I finally graduated from high school(thank goodness), only to start my school free life in a terrible way. At my graduation ceremony, a bully that he think its funny to pull off a prank before graduated, so he decides to pull my pants down(including my boxers) and show everyone my private area with a scar over it. They all laughed and pointed at it, which hurt my life only by a little bit.

Few weeks after that, I returned from my job as a clerk for Harkins when I saw a police officer standing outside of my new apartment. He, then, told me about my mother, informing me that she is died of cancer. This hurt my heart because I now know that I'm the only member of the Dowling family that is still standing.

Then, a month past after that sad event. My boss, Rick Standford, wish to see me in his office in Harkins. I arrived in his office and he started to bombard me with the past mistakes I made in my six months that I worked here. I ask if I can have an another chance to make it up, but he said that twenty-five mistakes is way too much. He gave me my last check, a pink slip and said you're fired at the top of his lungs. I ran out with tears in my eyes as I returned to my apartment.

Which leads to the present. I was sitting on the floor in my living room with a notice in my right hand. The apartment owners informed me that tomorrow they need my bill paid or I will get kicked out of the place. I had a suitcase next to me, since I was leaving the apartments anyway. All of my possessions in my home was pawned and paid all my bills last month except my home fee. The only items in the room except the suitcase was my iPhone in my pocket with the ear buds in my ears. I listened to Disturbed, All-American Rejects and the other bands I had on my phone.

Oh, forgive if I didn't introduce myself. My name is Geoff Dowling, but you may call me Draco if you want. Why is my nickname Draco, you may ask? Well, my favorite animal, or mythical being, was dragons. Everything I used to have was all dragon-related: clothes, pants, shoes, socks, wallets, etc. I had pictures and statues of dragons in my home before I sold most of them to a pawn shop. I still don't understand why they call me Draco, but it fits.

Returning to the current situation, I checked the contents in my suitcase, which have a picture of a red and black dragon on it. I double checked if I have everything I need. "Let's see," I said to myself. "Shirts, pants, boxers, spare shoes and boots, body spray, makeup, colored contacts, socks, protein bars. Yep, I have all I need to survive in the streets." By now, you are possibly wondering why the makeup and eye contacts. Well, I dislike my current appearance on my face with its large scar over my right eye that I had since I was six and the odd mixed eye combo of blue and red. So, I apply the peach-colored makeup over my scar and insert the blue eye contacts over my red eye everyday since my mother's death. Continuing from where I left off, I closed the suitcase and set it behind my head as I shut off my phone for the night and lay on my back on the floor.

I sighed, "Well, Draco. Starting tomorrow, it will be the beginning of the end of your life, you idiot." Tears ran down my face as I continued talking to myself, "No one will ever love you and your wish for death may come true tonight." I looked outside through the window above my head and saw a shooting star, as well as a start of a meteor shower. I crossed my fingers, hoping for one of those meteors to land over my home and kill me.

I begin to shut my eyes, still dropping tears from my eyes. My head rested on my suitcase as I begin to enter my slumber. My life may change for the better, but it won't, I thought.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

I awoke with the morning sun beating down on my face. I stood up and stretched my body as I open my eyes. I stopped midway up as my eyes made contact with the surroundings around me. I suddenly found myself outside in a grassy field with a lake on my right side, and trees in the distance on my left. I hear no sounds of any vehicles, as well as no signs of any tall buildings of any kind. All there was is clouds in the sky and mountains in the distance.

Where the hell am I? I thought to myself.