• Published 9th Jun 2013
  • 591 Views, 19 Comments

"Trollen Floggen" - Odsin Ends



Fluttershy is kind. Everypony knows that, and everypony loves her for it. But sometimes, being kind gets you into trouble. When Fluttershy hears a cry for help in the everfree forest, she goes to help without thinking. She probably should have.

  • ...
 19
 591

Chapter 6: Apple Thief

Castles were fun. Dmitri had suspected that in his heart from birth, and for the next month, he'd proved it to himself with his new......well it wasn't his really. He knew that. Strong magic...different from the magic he'd normally known was still lingering there. It may have been different, but he knew already that the owner of the castle was one not to be trifled with. To have this strong a residue this many years later....they were mighty indeed.

Celestia and Luna both sneezed at the breakfast table.

They were mighty, he knew that..but ...but rules of salvage apply...so..it sorta was his wasn't it?..... When he'd gone to clear the garbage out from the tallest tower...there was...residue. A dark thing was here. It was...evil? no...not evil just....dark. Powerful. It was very close to winning whatever was going on here...but..but..what stopped it....breathing the air hear made him feel full with how powerful the residue was....shards of darkness..small bits still of the dark one...remains of it...with some of the residue of that magical nuke that had hit it...he licked his lips and popped one of the shards in his mouth greedily...and one thought came into his mind.

“...I vish to eat this magic...” He said with a hunger in his eyes. “...I vould like it very much...”


But after that Dmitri' had played. The castle looked damned good for being abandoned so long. It had taken some time, but with his claws he'd cut the stone and wood into the right shapes. He'd made a door, and fixed most of the holes in the wall. Dmitri hated drafts. The foundation was in surprisingly good shape, and he'd hauled away the garbage and leftover debris from the previous owner and burned it. He'd hauled stone and wood, and many other things too from the forest and the mountain, cutting trees and stones with his razor sharp claws, and carrying them with his mighty muscles...but for finer details he'd needed tools if he was to be proud of his work.., and he'd always prided himself on his work..

He'd needed tools....luckily his friend Steven had helped him with that as well. Steven was a fine friend..a little...queer but Dmitri' liked him. He'd told Dmitri of the abandoned caravan in the Manticore mating grounds....and Dmitri had gotten them....sadly without any real confrontation. He'd gone in, hoping for a fight..but on his way he'd found a small Manticore cub stuck under a large rock...he'd sighed...picked up the rock, and returned the cub home. Another potential enemy...another potential food source lost. They'd almost made him a part of the family. Of course he could take the carts..no one cared about them anyway....

Dmitri had also spent the time feverishly looking for his Trollen flaggon. He'd not yet found it but...it was a big forest, and it smelled of wild magic everywhere, that didn't help...also it didn't help that there was no trail to follow...it had fallen and presumably just stuck where it landed. There was nowhere more or less likely to have his Floggon. He'd already begun mapping out the forest...even though it wasn't the best map he'd still managed to separate the area into sectors, and mark them off as he checked...there were still many sectors he'd not checked....and if something or someone found the staff and moved it...he could...be here a while....

“...Trollgrum...” he sighed as he thought of it. His familiar stomach grumble greeted him. Hmm...food time. He went down to the pantry and found it suprisingly empty. Oh..he must have eaten all his stores...oh well...a slick smile spread across his face. “is time for...shopping.”

___________________________________________________________________________________

“....are we really doing this applebloom?”

“...shhhhh!!!” Applebloom said almost angrily. Scootaloo frowned. They'd been here for hours, with a nice big warm apple pie sitting in a net...what a waste. Sweetie bell was even more nervous than the others..and here they were just sitting a little bit in the ever free forest, right on the outskirts of sweet apple acres.

“...m-maybe we should...”

“Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” Applebloom said as she cut off Sweetie bell. “...he'll be here soon...he's runnin' outta food...”

Scootaloo rolled her eyes. Applebloom had been on this for two weeks now...every since the incident....

Applebloom had been snug in bed, desperately wanting a slice of that apple pie her granny smith had baked for the next day, only to realize that risk begot reward..so she'd snuck down to the kitchen window....there it was. Glorious flaky crust, golden brown outside and delicious apple filling on the inside...oh how delicious it was going to be....

Until...until she reached for it, and something else reached first. A clawed hand, yellow eyes....and a monsterous grin in the darkness. Applebloom screamed and scurried backwards. The thing, the monster, opened it's mouth wide and swallowed the pie whole, leaving the pie tray and hurrying off before others came. Applebloom hadn't stopped screaming.

Her older siblings and her grandmother had rushed to her aid a moment later. They'd assured her she was sleepwalking, and that she'd had a nightmare...though when she described the creature, applejack had looked a little bit shocked and nervous. She'd shaken it off, but....it was there. No one was willing to listen to her, no one wanted to hear. But she knew, she knew deep in her heart,...the pie monster was out for their pie.

The next few days, some of the more outer apple trees had been raided. The bark had scratches on It, as if a few giant claws had dug into it, as if something had climbed them to reach the top. Her sister had been a little bit scared, had even gone to twilight for help. The place had been given a few small enchantments, and now Big Mac and AppleJack took turns staying up at night. Applebloom knew when her big sister was lying...because she was incredibly bad at it, and even though she'd said everything was fine,...she was frightened.

So, they were going to capture the monster. The pie eating giant fur ball of a brute. There was the apple pie, knocked from a basket that seemed too have been dropped on accident. And they were waiting...movement. There was movement in the treeline! Downwind, Applebloom had remembered to be downwind of the creature....her friends gasped and became quiet.

Slowly it circled, they could tell...checking to be sure that the pie was as it appeared...the bushes, trees, everything moved as it did...but it did not reveal itself just yet. The movement stopped..and then a tentative step into the clearing.....the three had to contain their gasp. A giant hairy monstrous fur ball with bat wing like ears and spear like teeth...it was smiling, and that itself was disconcerting. It took another step forward and sniffed the air. Applebloom smiled...it was working. Sweetie-bell was shaking...Scootaloo calming her. This would work. It had to work. The creature sniffed...then took another step forward...then another. Then it sat down at the pie, and it's catlike whipped happily behind it. It picked up the pie and began to slowly savor it, gulping it down much quicker than ponily possible.

This was it. Applebloom took the knife in her teeth, raised it high, and brought it down to cut the rope holding the net in place. The net came up and the creature let out a yell in surprise as it was hoisted into the air. It struggled and struggled then became silent.

“WE DID IT!” Applebloom shouted as she walked into the clearing. The other two followed suit.

“CUTIEMARK CRUSADER MONSTER CATCHERS YAY!” They all rammed their rear ends together in a curious fashion and looked to see if their mark had appeared...it had not.

“Well...we still caught him at least.” Applebloom said happily, gazing at their prize.

“....yeah....well..what do we do with him?” Scootaloo said earnestly.

“....we could..get Twilight?” Sweetie-bell said with a smirk. “...I mean...it is kinda a dangerous monster right?...and..she knows the princess?”

“Mah sister knows tha princess too, sweetie, an she's who we should get. She'll know what ta do with it.”

“'scusing me” A low grumbling voice said as the three crusaders gaze slowly turned to the captured monster, their mouths agape. “ but am I to be having choice in this matter?”

Author's Note:

Been a while, but this is for fun so...hopefully more coming soon!

Comments ( 1 )

Wait a moment... first post? :pinkiegasp:

Also, CMC, Y U NO GET CUTIE MARKS YET? :applecry::scootangel::unsuresweetie:

:yay:

Login or register to comment