• Published 12th Jun 2013
  • 11,255 Views, 231 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: New Tactics Part III - no sh*t sherlock



Conversion Bureaus are over and Humans are going to take back whats theirs

  • ...
39
 231
 11,255

Chapter 5: Things Are

Chapter 5: Things Are

Matt watched as the second Mi-26 lifted off the ground to join its twin in the air. Both helicopters had spent a little over an hour on the ground. The Russian he had met, Kirill Severov, had came to them in a time of need and he was not leaving empty handed.

Almost an hour ago, Hudd had unvieled a small glass container. Within it was a deep red liquid that sloshed around. After a few minutes, He had placed it into the waiting hands of Severov. Who started into it intently.

"In that container is 5 fl. oz. of Princess Celestia's blood." He had told him. "This is our back up we keep in case of a Luna emergency, so I hope you have a way of keeping it cold."

Severov nodded. "We do."

Hudd brought out a sheet a paper and a pen. "I know the process to turn it to conversion liquid, so i'll write the instructions. Can you read English well?" He asked to which Severov nodded again. "Good."

At that point Hudd began writing down and explaining the very technical directions. Matt couldn't follow it, but after a little less than half an hour, Hudd finished and Severov confirmed he had understood it all.

Before Severov boarded his chopper he handed Jacob another photo. "I believe we target the same pony." He had said.
When Matt got a chance to view it, he could see it was another shot of the castle. But this time he could see a pony atop one of the tallest towers. It was a dark blue pony with a mane that looked like it had captured the night sky itself and displayed it proudly.

"Luna." Jacob said quietly.

Severov smiled. "Yes. As I understand it she has caused us both many problems. "He said. "The drone circled that castle for an hour and she did not move from that spot. Had it been armed we would have tried to take her out." After that he shrugged at his missed opportunity and headed up the ramp.

Most people had already gotten bored and as the helicopters made their way into the distance, only a few stayed on the runway. Matt and Jacob continued to watch until they could not see them anymore. Rebbeca was a couple yards behind them, asking someone about the possibility of getting running water back up.

Hudd sat on the ground with his knees up and his arms wrapped around them. He had his eyes closed and with one hand he lightly rubbed the side of his head. Matt noticed and thought something might be up.

"What's going on, Hudd?" He asked as he walked over to him. "Ya' alright?"

"I'm thinking." He replied without looking at him.

"What about?" Matt pryed.

Hudd opened his eyes and reached out a hand that Matt soon took and used to pull him to his feet. "I'm thinking that Equestria is sitting just a couple hundred miles off our coast unprotected. I'm thinking that maybe we ought to drop by, pay em' a visit

Rebbeca overheard him and walked over. "Oh Please don't tell me you're actually considering going there."

"Whats the problem?" Hudd asked. "We've done pretty well here. I say its time we take the fight to them.

"Thats not the same, Hudd." She began shaking her head.

He shrugged back at home. "What's the difference?"

Hudd we have to approach this carefully." She cautioned. "The difference is that this is the U.S. and no human has been there. I mean this is Equestria you're talking about. We know next to nothing about the place. Their terrain, their wildlife, their weather, It's a whole new playing field. We wouldn't even know where the hell we're going. But what most important is we have no idea what their forces are like over there."

Hudd thought for a moment. "Yeah you're right we don't." He smiled and turned to Matt. "But luckily I know someone who's been there."

_________________________________________________________________________

******************

4 Miles North of Genoa, Italy

"Puoi parlare bene l'inglese?" A tall white man asked as he stood over a young female pegasus.

"Yes." She said quickly.

"Good, Im sick of speaking Italian."

The girl was sweating and breathed heavily. Her left wing was injured, a bullet had been sent through a bone by the man who was crouched over her. Like many other ponies in her village, she had tried to escape when the humans arrived. The rumor she'd heard was that a group of them were moving across southern Europe, stopping by settlements for some kind of revenge on Equestria. However she was about to find out that this was much different. "We are not Equestrian ponies..." She started slowly, trying to keep the man at ease. We are on your side and want only to be humans again, like you."

"You see things much differently than I do." The man said. "And we are most certainly not on the same side."

She sighed and looked around to the others. "Why are you here?"

"We are here because we aim to do the right thing. In order to make the world a better place I cannot permit anyone to leave these settlements. No more ponies must be converted back to humans."

The pegasus couldn't understand his stance. Why wouldn't he want more humans? She thought. "Why on earth would you want that?!" She threw her anger into her question.

The man looked out towards the setting sun before he started. "Because I believe humanity can not only be saved through ponification, but even further advanced as well.." He waved his hand to his nine other teammates who had finished their tasks and had converged behind him. "My group shares my vision as do important ponies in Equestria. ...But then there are those like you." He turned back towards her and spoke with a more irritated tone. "The ponies like you along with the misguided humans in the US seem intent on reversing all the progress we've made. If only they could see their error."

The pegasus shuddered and what silent for a moment. "You are crazy!" She spat out finally.

The man smiled as he ignored her and rose to his full height. "Are the unicorns separated from the pegasi?" He asked an asian member of his team.

"Yes, sir." He responded. "The pegasi wings are bound as well."

"Good lets make sure they stay that way." He said before turning back to her. "You're lucky its only a forced separation. Not too long ago we would have taken a...different approach." He turned to the other man again and twirled his finger around quickly. His teammate understood what it meant and pulled out a black rope.

She screamed in pain as he held her down and tied her injured wings very firmly to her sides. When the knot was tied he dropped her and joined his group as they turned away from her.

"You are crazy!" She shouted as the ten left her village. "You are insane!" she used the last of her strength to shout it, but just as the sun had fully disappeared, the humans were out of sight. Her words had fallen on deaf ears.

__________________________________________________________________________

*******************

Hey, Shining Armor. How're you doing?"" The doctor greeted. "Haven't seen you in what, three weeks?"

Shining sighed. " Yeah almost." he agreed. "I've just been really busy since...well you know."

The doctor nodded. Celestia's death had been devastating, especially to those that knew her personally. But Shining Armor had been hit particularly hard. His sister had escaped the Atlanta Bureau unscathed. Her injuries were something he also had to deal with.

The doctor moved over to a door and placed a hoof on it. "Well You'll be happy to know that's she's doing much better. She can't yet walk completely on her own. but she is showing improvement every day."

"Well thats great. " Shining smiled.

The doctor pushed open the door and Shining Armor smiled at his younger sister.

About Twenty Minutes Later...

After a bit of catching up and a few laughs, Shining Armor thought it was unfortunately time to reveal his ulterior motive for coming to the hospital. He would have done so sooner, but he knew it would undoubtedly kill the moment. Twilight noticed his mood change and frowned.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

"Its nothing." He lied. "I just have something for you." He used his magic to levitate a book from one of his saddle bags. He floated it over to Twilight who then took it over with her magic. "I just thought you might, ya' know, get bored and want something to read."

"Advanced Combat Magic?" She asked perplexed as she read the title out loud.

Shining Armor shuffled his hooves. The book was one of many copies given to him by Storm Hammer. He had sarcastically mentioned that he give one to Twilight to keep her safe. Shining Armor, however, found no humor in it. He knew it was the same book being issued to all unicorns in the Equestrian forces as a part of Storm Hammer's defense plan. There was powerful stuff in this book.

"Yeah I saw it and thought you might want to look it over or something."

Twilight wasn't buying it. "Shining Armor, why would I need combat magic? What are you not telling me?" She pressed.

Shining Armor grit his teeth. He knew she would have to find out at some point. "Twilight, some things have happened..." He started.

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "What things?"

"Well for starters... The barrier that surrounds Equestria is almost non-existant." He said sadly.

Twilight's jaw dropped. "H..h...how could that be?!" She stammered out.

"We believe it was weakened significantly by Celestia's death, but that's not even all of it. Apparently the humans found a way to convert ponies back into humans. Hundreds, if not more, convert back every day."

She shook her head. "This is not good." She said. "I mean what happens if they find out the barrier is gone?"

"I don't know, Twi." Shining said. "We're trying to do everything we can to prepare, But I want you to look over that just so you can be safe. I know you're more than capable of performing any spell in there."

"What about you? Will you be alright?" Twilight asked.

"I'll be fine, Twi." He said confidently even thought he was quite unsure of what the future held. "I just might not be able to come visit you for a while, so I want you to know that I love you, little sis."

"I love you too, BBBFF."