• Published 10th Jun 2013
  • 13,128 Views, 282 Comments

Life in Equestria: Holidays with Toby - APoeticHeart



Collection of short stories of Toby celebrating the holidays in Equestria.

  • ...
16
 282
 13,128

A Special Somepony for Toby

It was the day before Hearts and Hooves Day in Equestria, and the kids of Ponyville Elementary school were outside enjoying lunch and recess. While most of the colts and fillies were having fun jumping rope or swinging on the swing set Silver Spoon was laying down underneath the shade of a tree with Diamond Tiara. They were watching the scenery as Silver Spoon laid her eyes on Toby who was sitting with the CMC at a table eating lunch.


Diamond Tiara noticed this and gave her a soft nudge. "You have a crush on the little guy, don't you Silver?" She gave her friend a light smirk.


Silver Spoon shook her head out of her trance like look on Toby as she turned to Diamond Tiara. "W-what?" She blinked her eyes and looked at her friend curiously.


Diamond let out a little giggle "you do have a crush on Toby, don't you?" She gave a soft smile as she looked over at the small child sitting with his friends.


Silver Spoon blushed and let out a sigh. "Well, I really do like him. I mean he is so cute, but what makes him a real sweetie pie is that he is so kind towards us," she gave a warm smile as she looked over Toby. "He treats everypony with so much love even after all that he has been through, but.. " she lowered head a bit looking down at the ground.


Diamond looked on concerned at Silver Spoon and reached up to rub at her back. "But what Silver? What's wrong?" She asked worriedly.


Silver Spoon let out a deep sigh. "Well, there is nothing wrong, but it is he never asks for anything in return, and that is another thing I like about him." A sudden bright smile formed across her face as she looked at Diamond. "I want to do something special for him for Hearts and Hooves day tomorrow Diamond."


Diamond returned the smile. "Oh, that sounds like a good idea Silver, would you maybe like for me to help you come up with something?" Silver nodded and both fillies started to think of some ideas.


Across the schoolyard Toby and his big sisters were enjoying their lunch. While he was eating at his lettuce and tomato sandwich Fluttershy made him, Applebloom and Scootaloo who sat across from him and Sweetie Belle noticed Silver Spoon looking over at them. They looked at each other and gave a smile then looked back Toby.


Applebloom spoke to the child "hey little buddy, look at whose looking over here at ya," she pointed a forehoof over across the schoolyard.


Toby turned his head and looked to see Silver Spoon looking at him with a light blush on her cheeks as she waved a forehoof at him. He swallowed deeply and waved a hand at her with a blush of his own turning back to the three fillies. He gave them a little smile as he went back to eat at his sandwich.


Scootaloo gave a soft smirk "looks like somepony has a crush on our cool little brother." She gave a giggle and winked at him.


Sweetie Belle beamed and rubbed at his back as she looked at him. "Aww.. that is so sweet, isn't it Toby?"


He ate at his sandwich quietly and lowered his head looking at the table. "Hey buddy. what's the matter?" Applebloom asked with concern for her little brother.


He swallowed his bite of his sandwich and looked up at his big sisters "well, I do like Silver Spoon, but I am a little too young, and also I am a human," he gave a frown. "I won't want other ponies to laugh at us, especially at Silver Spoon."


The three fillies looked at him sadly as Applebloom spoke up. "Hey now little buddy, don't ya be talking like that, do ya hear me?" She looked at him with a stern yet warm and worried look as he nodded. "Ya know that we all love ya for being who ya are. It doesn't matter if ya are a pony or not, and Ah am sure Silver Spoon feels the same way." She reached across the table and rubbed at his hand with forehoof.


Scootaloo nodded "that is right little dude. I can see how she blushes around you, and how she calls you uh.. I can't believe I am going to say this, but sweetie pie."


"Scootaloo! Don't be mean," Sweetie Belle scolded Scootaloo as she wrapped her foreleg around Toby's shoulders giving him a warm smile. She looked back at Scootaloo "I think that is a cute nickname Silver Spoon gave to our little brother." She giggled as Toby gave a blush.


"Ah agree, and besides little buddy, ya aren't much younger than us or Silver Spoon," Applebloom gave him a soft smile. "Ah'right, take Spike for instance, ya know he is just a baby dragon, right?" Toby nodded as he gave a little smile. "Well, Spike is young too and has a crush on Sweetie's sister, your Auntie Rarity."


He looked between the three "he does?" He asked curiously.


Sweetie Belle nodded "yes he does, he has had one ever since him and Twilight came to Ponyville."


"She never returns his feelings though, because he.." Scootaloo was cut off with a rough nudge by Applebloom. "Oh, hehe.. sorry Tobes," she let out a nervous giggle.


"That is okay Scootaloo," he said softly as he turned his head to look over at Silver Spoon again while she was talking with Diamond Tiara. He turned back to his sisters "do you all really think she likes me too?"


They nodded vigorously. "Of course she does little buddy," Applebloom said with a bright smile. "Ah know, how about ya do something special for her tomorrow for Hearts and Hooves Day?"


He gave a sad smile "that is a good idea Applebloom, but I don't know what I could do."


Sweetie Belle rubbed at his back "you know what little brother, you just leave that to us, okay?" She looked at him and gave him a wink and smile. The others nodded with bright smiles.


Toby looked at the three of them with a happier smile "okay. Thank you all."


"There is no need to thank us little buddy, that is what big sisters are for," Applebloom gave him a reassuring smile along with the other two. The four went back to eating their lunch as they talked.


The ending of school was signaled by the last class bell and the kids all got up from their desks to leave.


"Have a good day class and a good weekend. Also, I want to wish you a Happy Hearts and Hooves Day tomorrow," she smiled brightly as she waved a forehoof at the kids as they left the schoolhouse one by one.


"Bye Ms. Cheerilee," they all said in unison.


While she was following behind Toby, Applebloom trotted up and lifted him up on her back. He giggled and sat carefully as the four exited the schoolhouse. As they were trotting along the walkway, Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara came trotting up beside them.


"Hey girls and Toby," they both greeted the four.


"Hi Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon," the four responded altogether.


Silver Spoon gave a grin at the small child "hello sweetie pie, how are you doing?" She reached up and rubbed at his back.


He gave her a soft smile and blushed "I am doing good Silver Spoon, thank you. How are you?"


"I am doing quite well myself Toby, thank you," she smiled warmly at him. Diamond Tiara and the other three fillies gave each other smiles as they watched the two.


As they got to the divided pathway the group smiled at each other and waved at each other before going their separate ways.


While the CMC and Toby were approaching Fluttershy's cottage, they saw her outside watering the flowers. Applebloom stopped to let him climb off her back and watched as he ran up to her. Her and the other two fillies trotted up behind him with big smiles.


He wrapped his arms around her neck laying his head on her shoulder. She wrapped a foreleg around his back and laid her chin on his shoulder. "Hello sweetheart, how was school today?" She rubbed up and down his back gently sighing softly giving a warm smile.


He lifted his head off her shoulder and looked up at her with a big smile "school was good Momma. Ms. Cheerilee taught us math, and told us about how Hearts and Hooves Day was started."


She giggled at his excitement and gave him a tender kiss on the forehead "well, it sounds like you had a fun time at school then sweetie," she gave him a nuzzle on his cheek. "How about you go put your book bag up in my room, and I will be in a little bit to fix you something good to eat, okay Toby?"


He nodded and turned to wave at his sisters "bye big sisters, I will see you tomorrow."


"Bye little brother," they said altogether as they waved their forehooves at him and smiled happily at him as they watched him go into the cottage.


Fluttershy turned to the fillies "thank you girls for bringing him home. Have a good weekend," she gave them a bright smile as she waved a forehoof at them as she turned to trot inside.


"Bye Fluttershy," they said altogether as they turned to head toward Sweet Apple Acres and toward the Cutie Mark Crusaders Clubhouse.


"Oh, I know, how about we take them out to a movie together?" Sweetie Belle asked as the CMC were coming up with a plan for their little brother to celebrate Hearts and Hooves Day with Silver Spoon.


"No, that sounds mushy," Scootaloo stuck her tongue out. "Besides, I don't think the little dude will want to watch a filly flick."


"Well, you don't have to be mean Scootaloo," Sweetie Belle huffed and crossed her forelegs.


"I wasn't being mean Sweetie, I was just saying.." she was cut off by Applebloom.


"Will ya two stop arguing?" They both nodded. 'Good, now lets just think what would be a good surprise for both Toby and Silver Spoon, but nothing too romantic."


All three sat on their haunches and placed their forehooves to their chins in a thinking manner.


"Aha.. Ah got it. Ah know exactly what we can do to give Toby the best Hearts and Hooves Day," Applebloom rubbed her forehooves together giving a sly smirk.


"What is it Applebloom?" The other two asked in unison.


Applebloom wrapped her forelegs around each of their necks and brought them forward. She began whispering in their ears, as both gave sly grins and nodded.


"So, are ya two up for it?" She asked Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.


"You bet Applebloom." Scootaloo nodded and flapped her wings.


"I like it Applebloom. Just right for both Silver Spoon and our cutie of a little brother," Sweetie beamed excitedly.


"Let's put them together girls," Applebloom lifted her forehoof up as well did Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. "What are we girls?"


"THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS BIG SISTERS!" They giggled and talked throughout the rest of the day.


As dawn broke on Hearts and Hooves Day, Applebloom was awake as she was preparing for the big day for her little brother "oh, Ah can't wait to give our little buddy the best Hearts and Hooves Day ever." She thought to herself with a bright smile as she trotted out of her room to go downstairs.


While Applebloom entered the den, the scent of a warm home cooked breakfast wafted through the house. “Mm… that smells delicious,” she thought to herself as she trotted into the kitchen. “Morning Apple Family,” she greeted with a big smile as she took her seat at the table.


“Well, good morning sugarcube, ya look like ya are in a good mood,” Applejack gave her sister a warm smile as she placed a plate of hay cakes with hay bacon and apple cider in front of the filly.


Applebloom licked her lips “oh, Ah am Applejack. Today, me and the girls are going to give Toby the best first Hearts and Hooves Day he ever had,” she dug into her hay cakes.


“Well, that is mighty sweet of ya girls. Ah am sure the little feller will like whatever you three have planned,” Applejack replied as she smiled at her sister.


“Eeyup,” Big Mac said as he ate at his plate of hay cakes and hay bacon.


“Nyah… what do yall have planned for that little fella of a grandson of mine?” Granny Smith giggled lightly and smiled warmly.


Applebloom sighed deeply as she stopped eating at her hay cakes for a bit “ah’right Ah will tell yall, but ya got to promise not to tell anypony, okay?” The other three Apples nodded “Ah want yall to Pinkie Promise.”


The three sighed, but nodded as they said in unison “cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eyes,” they performed the following motions.


Applebloom giggled and smiled “good. Now, here was what we are going to do for Toby,” the four gathered closely as Applebloom discussed her and the other CMC’s plan for their little brother’s first Hearts and Hooves Day.


Across town in the Carousel Boutique Sweetie Belle was putting together her part of the surprise “and there, all finished.” She beamed at her work “oh, our little brother is going to love this,” she said excitedly as Rarity came trotting down from her bedroom.


“Good morning Sweetie Belle dear,” she greeted her younger sister as she trotted up to see what she was working on. “Oh my, that is marvelous Sweetie, but who is it for?”


Sweetie Belle giggled “hi Rarity. This is for Toby to give to his special somepony for Hearts and Hooves day. Me and the other two are going to give our little brother the best first Hearts and Hooves day he ever had,” she beamed with excitement.


Rarity smiled at her sister and rubbed at her head ruffling her mane “aww… well that is sweet of you girls to do that for the little darling. I am sure Toby will enjoy his first Hearts and Hooves Day,” she giggled.


Sweetie Belle nodded “thank you sister. I got to go now and meet the girls at the clubhouse,” she grabbed her part of the surprise and placed it carefully placed it on her back, and trotted to the door and waved a forehoof at Rarity “bye sis, I will see you later.”


“Bye Sweetie Belle darling, have fun,” Rarity returned the wave as Sweetie Belle trotted out of the boutique. She shook her head and sighed softly “I sure do hope those girls’ plan don’t mess up today, especially for my darling little nephew,” she thought to herself as she went into the kitchen to prepare herself breakfast.


Meanwhile Scootaloo was just exiting Sugarcube Corner as she waved a forehoof at the Cakes and Pinkie Pie while carrying a wrapped package on her back “thanks again Mr. and Mrs. Cake and Pinkie, catch you later,” she smirked “this will the perfect Hearts and Hooves Day present to Silver Spoon from our cool little brother.”


Suddenly she saw Sweetie Belle and held up a hoof “hey Sweetie, wait up,” she galloped over to the unicorn filly.


Sweetie Belle smiled brightly at her friend and waited for her “hey Scootaloo. Are you ready to give our cute little brother the best Hearts and Hooves Day ever?”


Scootaloo nodded “you bet I am Sweetie. Let’s go to the clubhouse and see if Applebloom has her gift.”


Sweetie Belle nodded and both fillies trotted toward Sweet Apple Acres.


Upon arriving at the clubhouse, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo saw Applebloom sitting at the table with a white rose with a red bow wrapped around the stem. “Howdy girls, do ya’ll have your gifts?”


They nodded in unison as each of them showed what they got.


“Yep, I got the cupcake from Pinkie Pie and the Cakes,” Scootaloo smiled proudly as she placed the wrapped up cupcake the table beside the rose.


“And I got the card. Rarity let me use a few of her gems to decorate it,” Sweetie beamed as she laid the card down. She looked curiously at the rose Applebloom got “uh… Applebloom, isn’t the rose supposed to be red for Hearts and Hooves Day?” Scootaloo nodded in agreement as she looked at Applebloom with a quirked eyebrow.


“Well, after spending time with Zecora helping her with her brews and all, Ah learned that a white rose means purity, goodness, and innocence. Those are all traits that our little brother has,” she smiled brightly as the other two nodded in understanding. The three fillies carefully placed the items in a bag and Sweetie Belle grabbed it between her teeth to carry.


“Ah’right girls, let us make this the best Hearts and Hooves Day ever,” the three lifted their forehooves up and clapped them together before gathering their gifts and exiting the clubhouse.


Inside the home of Fluttershy and Toby, the two were enjoying breakfast when there was a knock at the door “oh my, I wonder who that could be,” she asked as she smiled warmly at her son and got up to trot over to the door. She opened it to reveal the CMC “oh… um… hi girls. Please come in,” she gave them a soft smile and stepped aside to let them in.


“Hey Fluttershy, Happy Hearts and Hooves Day!” they greeted in unison as they trotted inside smiling at her. They looked over at their little brother eating a plate of pancakes which he was almost finished with “hey little brother, Happy Hearts and Hooves Day,” they said as they trotted over to him.

Fluttershy nodded ‘Happy Hearts and Hooves Day to you too girls,” she gave them a warm smile.


Toby swallowed his final bite of pancakes, wiped his mouth with a napkin, and smiled up brightly at his big sisters “hi my big sisters. Happy Hearts and Hooves Day,” he stood up and received a big warm hug from the three.


Fluttershy giggled at the four and squeed as she trotted over to them to take his plate “I got it sweetheart. How about you go upstairs and get dressed for the day?”


They four broke the hug and he looked up at his mom nodding “Okay Momma.” He smiled brightly and ran upstairs to get changed.


Fluttershy trotted back into the den as she noticed the bag Sweetie Belle was holding between her teeth “um… girls… what is in the bag?” She looked at them curiously.


Applebloom decided to speak up for the other two “well, Fluttershy, we want to do something special for Toby for his first Hearts and Hooves Day,” she smiled happily as the other two nodded in agreement. “Also, there is a pony at school who really likes Toby,” she gave Fluttershy a blushing grin.


Fluttershy gave a look of surprise at the fillies “oh my, really? Um… if I may ask girls… um… who is this special somepony?”


“Silver Spoon, the filly who hangs out with Diamond Tiara,” Sweetie Belle replied. “And Silver Spoon really likes Toby. We can tell, because when they are around each other, they blush at each other. It is so adorable,” she beamed. Scootaloo and Applebloom giggled at their friend’s excitement.


“Ya aren’t mad at us, are ya Fluttershy?” Applebloom asked hesitantly.


Fluttershy shook her head lightly “oh, of course I’m not mad girls. I think it is a sweet gesture of you three as big sisters of my precious little one,” she gave them a warm smile.


They all nodded with big bright smiles as they saw their little brother coming down the stairs. He was dressed in his all royal blue outfit with red jacket.


“Looking cool little dude,” Scootaloo smirked at the child.


Toby blushed “hehe… thank you Scootaloo,” he smiled warmly at his big sisters and went over to stand beside his mom.


“Hey little buddy, how would ya like to spend time with your big sisters today?” Applebloom asked as all three gave big hopeful smiles.


He looked up at his mom “Momma, would it be okay if I go outside with my big sisters?” He looked up at her with a hopeful smile.


Fluttershy smiled warmly down at her son giving him a soft nod and kissed him on his forehead. “Of course sweetheart, that is fine with me,” she giggled as he wrapped his arms around her neck laying his head against her chest. She sighed softly and hugged him back with a foreleg around his back.


“Thank you Momma,” he looked up with a bright smile.


She giggled and leaned down to nuzzle her nose against his “you are welcome sweetie. Just make sure you are careful and have fun, okay Toby?’ She gave him a kiss on the forehead.


He nodded up at her as he gently broke the hug “I will Momma. I will be back in time for dinner,” he smiled up at her and walked over to his sisters as Applebloom leaned down to let him climb up on her back.


“We will watch after him Fluttershy, don’t ya worry one bit,” Applebloom gave Flutershy a soft smile as the four exited the cottage.


Fluttershy followed behind as she waved a hoof at them and they returned the wave as they made their way to the park.


While other fillies and colts were having fun in the park playing, Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara were sitting underneath a shady tree enjoying the peaceful weather. Silver Spoon looked down at her forelegs which she held a card in her lap.


She sighed deeply and looked over at Diamond “Diamond, do you really think Toby will like this card?” She gave her friend a little smile.


Diamond patted her friend on the back “of course the little guy is going to like it Silver. In fact, he is going to love it. Quit worrying, okay?” She gave her a warm smile and Silver Spoon nodded.


As the two fillies continued to talk, the CMC with Toby riding on Appleblooms back came arrived at the top of a hill overlooking the park. They looked at all the kids having fun until their attention focused on the two sitting underneath a tree. Suddenly they trotted behind a tree so not to be seen by Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara.


Applebloom allowed Toby to climb off her back and sat on her haunches placing her forehooves gently on his shoulders. She rubbed them gently as she gave him a big smile “okay buddy, are ya ready to give Silver Spoon the best Hearts and Hooves Day present ever?”


He tilted his head back to look up at Applebloom then looked at the others swallowing deeply “I think I am,” he lowered his head a bit, but felt two hooves rubbing at his arms. He looked up to see his other two big sisters smiling warmly at him.


“You can do it cutie. Here you go,” Sweetie Belle leaned her head forward for Toby to grab the bag of gifts.


He took a deep breath and peeked around the tree to see Silver Spoon still talking to Diamond Tiara. He sighed deeply.


Scootaloo rubbed at his back “go little bro, you can do it,” she smirked as Toby nodded and carefully stepped out from behind the tree.


Diamond Tiara turned her head to see the child come out from behind a tree and nudged playfully at Silver Spoon “look Silver, there is the little guy now,” she pointed a forehoof toward the little colt walking toward them.


Silver Spoon looked toward the direction Diamond was pointing at and saw Toby. She smiled warmly at the child “Aw… he is so cute Diamond,” she felt her heart melt at the sight of the child.


Diamond giggled lightly and nodded “yes he is Silver.” She stood up and looked at her friend “okay Silver, you give the little guy the best first Hearts and Hooves Day he ever had.” She winked at her and trotted off to the side a good distance away.


Toby sighed deeply as he carefully approached Silver Spoon who was smiling warmly at him. “Hi Silver Spoon, Happy Hearts and Hooves Day,” he gave a soft smile and blush.


“Hello there sweetie pie, and a Happy and Hearts Day to you too Toby,” she gave him a wink.


He reached out his hand holding the bag with the gifts inside. It was a decorative white back with a big red heart in the center with Happy Hearts and Hooves Day written in pink lettering in the center. “This is for you Silver Spoon, I hope you like it.”


Silver Spoon gently grasped the bag handle with her teeth and sat it down beside her. She looked down at the card in her forelegs which was in a white envelop with a red heart for the seal and reached it out to the child "and this is for you sweetie pie, I hope you like it as well."


He gently grasped it with his hand and smiled softly at her "thank you Silver Spoon," as he carefully opened the envelope and pulled out the card. It was an all white card with a pink heart drawn on the front that read Happy Hearts and Hooves Day Toby in red lettering. He opened it and on the inside was a poem.

With a heart as big as the sky above
you are the sweetest little guy in my eyes.
You have given all those around you unconditional love
and remained such a cute little sweetie pie.


The kindness that you show makes life worthwhile
for it makes my day seem brighter and fills my life with joy
When I look at you, you always make my heart smile
and that what makes you a caring and very sweet little boy.


On this special Hearts and Hooves Day I want to say to you
that you are a special little guy, and never change who you are.
A dear friend you are to me, and these words I speak are true
you have a special place in heart either if you are near or far.

Happy Hearts and Hooves Day Toby,
xoxo Silver Spoon


Toby felt tears sting his eyes as he slowly closed the card and raised his head to look at Silver Spoon. He choked back a sob as he walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her neck laying his head on her shoulder. "Thank you Silver Spoon. This is a very pretty poem, and makes me happy," he shuddered a little with soft sobs.


Sliver Spoon reached up a foreleg to wrap around him as she laid her chin on his shoulder "you are very welcome sweetie pie. I mean every word too," she lifted her head and turned it to give him a kiss on his cheek as she rubbed up and down his back soothingly.


He closed his eyes and shook away his tears as they broke the hug "open up your gift now Silver Spoon," he gave her a soft smile.


She smiled as she reached in the back with her forehooves and pulled out the rose, card, and wrapped cupcake. She took notice of the rose and smiled brightly "aww... this is a very beautiful rose Toby, thank you." She placed it carefully in her mane to keep it from being damaged.


She moved onto the card next which was all white with a red gem encrusted heart on the front and written in the center in pink lettering was Happy Hearts and Hooves Day Silver Spoon. She opened it to see what was written on the inside.

To the sweetest and prettiest filly friend a colt could have,
I would like to wish you a Very Happy Hearts and Hooves Day.
your friend and little sweetie pie, Toby


She closed the card and felt tears start to sting her own eyes "Toby, that is the sweetest thing anypony has ever said to me, thank you sweetie pie," she reached her foreleg around him to give him a warm hug. He returned the hug with his arms wrapped around her neck.


"You are welcome Silver Spoon, and I meant every word too," he gave her a gentle kiss on her soft furry cheek and blushed.


Silver Spoon giggled and gently placed the card back into the bag. She also decided to place the rose carefully back into the bag as she turned her attention to the wrapped cupcake. As she unwrapped it, it was an all chocolate cupcake with white frosting, red and pink sprinkles over it, and a red heart as the topper.


She looked at Toby with a warm smile and kissed him on the cheek "aww... thank you sweetie pie, it looks yummy," she giggled as she saw him blush at the kiss.


"You are welcome Silver Spoon. You can eat it now if you want to," he smiled softly at her as he sat down beside her


She smiled over at him and turned back to the cupcake taking a bite "mmm.... that is yummy Toby. Chocolate is my favorite flavor of cupcake," she smiled warmly at him and reached a foreleg up to rub at his back.


He smiled softly "I am glad Silver Spoon," he gave a blush and sighed softly as he lowered his head a bit.


Silver Spoon finished the cupcake after a few minutes. After she finished with she turned to Toby to see he had his head lowered. She rubbed at his back some and tilted her head down to try to look into his eyes "is something the matter Toby?"


He sighed deeply and turned his head to look at Silver Spoon "well, no, but..." he shuddered a bit as he turned his head away.


Silver Spoon and frowned. She reached her foreleg around his shoulders to rub along his side, and brought him closer to her. She gave him a kiss on the cheek to comfort him "it's okay sweetie pie, you can tell me," she tilted her head to give him a warm smile. "Please Toby, look at me," she continued to rub at his side as he turned his head to her "that's better."


He let out a deep sigh "well, Silver Spoon, I really do like you, but it is just I am a little younger than you, and also I am a human." He took a deep breath before continuing as Silver Spoon kept rubbing along his side "and I won't want other ponies to laugh at us, especially you."


Silver Spoon rubbed at his back and side "shh... Toby, please don't be sad," she nuzzled at his cheek which caused him to let out a soft giggle and she gave him a light smile. "That's better. Now, I really do like you too sweetie pie, and it doesn't matter if you are a human, you are a very sweet and caring little guy. Also, yes, you may be just a year or two younger than me, but that is what makes you extra cute," she reached her foreleg around and brought the other foreleg around to tickle at his tummy with her forehooves.


He giggled as he kicked his legs playfully as he laid back against the crook of Silver Spoon's foreleg as she continued to tickle at his tummy "hehehe... hahaha.. you are cute too Silver Spoon... hehehe... hahaha."


She smiled brightly at him and gave him a kiss on his cheek as she stopped her tickling, and gave him a big hug "thank you sweetie pie."


He sighed happily as he turned and gave her a gentle kiss on her cheek. She gave him a warm smile as she held him close to her and they looked out at the horizon at Celestia's sun.


Behind the tree they were hiding, the CMC smiled brightly and giggled as they brought their forehooves together.


"Aw... yeah, I knew that our plan would work," Scootaloo flapped her wings proudly and smirked.


Sweetie Belle peeked out one more time to look at the two "aw... they are so adorable together," she beamed causing a spark to shoot from her horn.


Applebloom nodded and giggled "yah they are. Ah knew that our little brother would enjoy his first and best Hearts and Hooves Day ever," she clapped her forehooves together. She looked at the other two "ya know what girls, Ah believe we should let Silver Spoon take Toby home when it is time." The other two nodded in agreement as the three fillies trotted out from behind the tree and trotted over to the two.


"Well, howdy there ya two," Applebloom greeted them as the three approached them. She looked down at her little brother who was laid back against the crook of Silver Spoon's foreleg with her chin gently resting over his shoulder. "Hey little buddy, me and the girls are going to go for a bit. What do you ya say about Silver Spoon taking ya home when ya get ready, ah'right Toby?" She gave him a warm smile as her and the other two looked down at him.


He smiled softly up at them and turned to look at Silver Spoon "will that be okay with you Silver Spoon?" He politely asked.


She gave him a gentle squeeze on his side "of course it will be okay with me sweetie pie," she smiled warmly at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She looked up at the three fillies "Happy Hearts and Hooves Day by the way girls," she gave them a warm smile.


They returned the smile and looked down at their little brother. Applebloom and Scootaloo both rubbed at the top of his head ruffling his hair a bit while Sweetie Belle leant her head down to nuzzle at his cheek.


"Bye little brother," they said altogether as they waved their forehooves at the two.


"Bye big sisters," he waved at them while Silver Spoon waved her forehoof.


Silver Spoon and Toby sat together for the remainder of the day close together watching the other fillies and colts having fun in the park, and looking out at the horizon. When the sun was about to set and an orange light casted over the land Silver Spoon sighed softly.


"Well sweetie pie, I believe it is time to get you home before your momma starts to worry," she let out a soft yawn as she very carefully unwrapped her foreleg from around Toby and carefully stood up on her legs. She smiled down warmly at the child "would you like to ride on my back Toby?"


He nodded and let out a little yawn himself "I would like that Silver Spoon, thank you." Silver Spoon offered a hoof to help him stand up, and then lifted him up on her back. As he sat on her back, he held her card close to him as she grabbed his bag of gifts with her teeth and trotted toward his and Fluttershy's home.


As they arrived at the cottage Silver Spoon let Toby climb off her back and smiled warmly down at him "well Toby, I had a wonderful Hearts and Hooves Day with you. Thank you again for the beautiful rose and card," she leaned her head down and gave him one last kiss on his cheek.


He blushed and looked up at her giving her a kiss on her cheek as well "you are welcome Silver Spoon, and thank you for my card too. I had a great first Hearts and Hooves Day as well with you." He reached up and hugged her around her neck "goodnight Silver Spoon, and Happy Hearts and Hooves Day."


She wrapped her foreleg around him and rubbed along his back "goodnight sweetie pie, and Happy Hearts and Hooves Day to you too." They broke the hug as she carefully turn trot away. She waved a forehoof at him as he returned the wave with a hand and carefully walked inside the cottage.


Silver Spoon turned toward the path home and thought to herself "he is such a cute little sweetie pie, and a wonderful little colt friend," she sighed softly with a big smile as she trotted toward her home with her gifts from the child that won her heart.


Meanwhile in the badlands, Queen Chrysalis was discussing the reason why the Diamond Dogs would come to such a dangerous place void of any plant life. A slow wicked smile formed across her face as the Diamond Dogs concluded their tale about the ponies who vanquished her and her children to the badlands have adopted a small child.


She let out an evil laugh "oh, this sounds wonderfully delicious. This young child sounds like he has enough love that can supply not only me with enough power, but all of my children," she continued to cackle with her grin growing.


"So does that mean you will help us your highness," asked Rover as he stood in front of Fido and Spot who were clutching each other tightly as a couple of changelings surrounded them on both sides.


Chrysalis stomped a hoof "first I need to know if this child that you speak of is real, and not a ploy to try and get me caught by that good two-hooves Celestia and her loyal subjects."


"But we are telling the truth Queen.." Rover was cut off with Chrysalis stomping her hoof harder this time.


"SILENCE!" She looked at the three Diamond Dogs angrily "now you will listen to me you poor excuse for a pet. So I can know that this is not a trick, I will send one of my children with you to go spy on this little one," she eyed the two behind Rover. "Only you shall go with a changeling, and the other two shall stay here until you return with more information," she leaned her head down close to Rover "do you understand me?"


Rover nodded "yes your highness. I shall return with more information," he bowed his head.


"B-but boss.." Spot and Fido tried to speak but was cut off by a smack of Rover's paw across their face.


"Shut up! I will be back to get you both," he sighed with annoyance and turned back to Chrysalis.


She gave a sly smirk and motioned for a changeling which hovered by her side "go my child and collect more information about this young one that Celestia and her little ponies have come to welcome into their family." The changeling nodded and hovered over to Rover as Chrysalis looked at him intently "now mutt, if my child is harmed in any way or captured by those ponies, I promise I will make you and your buddies regret it. Do you understand?"


"Yes your highness," Rover bowed his head and turned to the changeling which nodded and they both walked to exit the cave.


"Be careful boss," the other two Diamond Dogs said as they watched him leave.


Queen Chrysalis grinned evilly and thought to herself "if this child is real, I can use his love to finally give me and my children the power to put an end to Celestia, her ponies, and rule over Equestria," she cackled evilly as Fido and Spot just shook still holding onto each other.

Author's Note:

Finally this chapter is done, I want to apologize to everyone for taking so long with this. My grandma is doing a little bit better, but I feel that it is just a matter of time before it is time for her to go home to Heaven.


I wanted to thank you all so much, all of my wonderful readers and friend for your well wishes, kind words, and most importantly friendships. I truly appreciate it all. :pinkiehappy:


One more chapter I believe for this collection of short stories, and after the last chapter, I am going to leave a cliffhanger that will lead into "A New Home II". :twilightblush: