• Published 8th Jun 2013
  • 844 Views, 17 Comments

Back from the North - vadram



A few Nightwatch soldiers are transferred from the Northern Front to the Eastern Front. The have a night of R&R at their disposal, and choose to make the best out of it.

  • ...
5
 17
 844

Pink

Pink


The train pulled into Ponyville Station, and no sooner that it did, the masses of ponies flooded out of the train and poured into the town. The town was overtaken by hundreds of Royal Guard and Nightwatch soldiers, wearing just barely enough armor to prove that they were military.

Even with the reduces armor they were wearing the enchantments still worked, changing the colors of their coats to dark grey if they were Nightwatch, or to white if they were Royal Guard, their mane however did not change.

Private Silky and Corporal Helm were among the last to get of the train. They could see a pink entity moving at breakneck speed through the crowd stopping ever so slightly in front of a pony, startling him, before moving onto the one next to him. It all happened so fast that all one could see was a fast moving pink thing.

“Listen here,” Helm told to Silky pulling him closely. “Be careful boy, the mares of this town have a reputation.”

“What do you mean?” Silky asked looking fascinated at the pink thing.

“They say that every mare in Ponyville is...”

“Hiya,” a pink pony with a puffy, almost cotton candy-ish fully pink mane appeared out of nowhere in front of Silky, scaring the pony and causing him to fall on his rear. Helm laughed.

“My name is Pinkie Pie and welcome to Ponyville.”

“Hi,” Silky said nervous as the pink pony’s head slowly moved further and further into his personal space making the stallion uncomfortable, his heart started beating faster.

“Told you kid. Name’s Helm, a pleasure meeting you miss Pie,” Helm said before leaving his friend in the clutches of the pink, blue eyed, fluffy, scary pony.

“Bye bye Helmie,” she replied while not averting her gaze from the terrified stallion.

Silky started backing up, trying to put some distance between him and those blue eyes that seemed to stare into his very soul, and from that wide smile that the more he looked at it the wider it seemed to become. But no matter how much he dragged his rear away the pony’s face only seemed to be getting closer. He took his eyes off her face only for an instance to look at her legs, they were now moving yet she seemed to keep getting closer, and closer, and when he lifted them up their faces were almost touching, and all he could see were those deep blue eyes.

“Silkmane! Private First Class Silkmane of the Second Nightwatch Guard attached to the Third Medical Division!” with his heart threatening to burst out of his chest, he yelled out his name, his rank as well as his position, he would have said anything to just to put some distances between them. Later in his life he would remember this moment and think “I knew a mare that could have made you say how much milk you drank from your mother teats just by looking at you.”

“Hey Silky,” the pony moved her face away, seemingly satisfied by his answer. “So how long are you in town?”

“We...” he spoke while taking deep breaths and with one hoof placed on his chest desperately attempting to calm his heart down. “We leave tomorrow at twelve.”

“Come on!” the mare said as she stretched out her hoof offering to help the stallion get up.

As soon as he grabbed her hoof she squeezed it, pulled him to his legs, and said: “There is little time and much to see!” before starting to run and pulling the poor pony after her.

“Where are we going?” Silky asked as he found himself struggling to keep up with the energetic pink pony. If any one of his brothers in arms ever found out that he got himself ponynapped by a mare almost half his size, he would never hear the end of it.

“Why on the Official Pinkie Pie Tour of Ponyville of course,” she replied not slowing down even for an instant.

“How... about... we... do... that... later?” Silky manages to ask as he was trying to stop himself.

Pinkie Pie suddenly stops and Silky runs past her almost hitting two ponies before he stops. He apologised to the two before turning around to look for the pink menace, she is gone. After letting out a sigh of relief he turns and starts walking away when he bumps into her again, and finds himself falling back on his rump.

“So what would you like to do?” the mare asks him.

“It was like hitting a brick wall,” he mutters to himself before looking at the smiling pink pony.

“Get something to drink?”

“Something to drink?” she asks herself stroking her chin, while staring at the empty sky. “Well we could try Sugarcube Corner, the Cakes just got their soda machine fixed, or we can go over to the Watering Hole, or the ice cream parlor, or we can get some juice from the...”

“How about a bar?” Silky interrupts her.

“A bar? At this hour? Silly Silky, all the bars are closed until nighttime,” she giggles. “Everypony knows that, well not everypony. You didn’t know that. And I’m sure there are still some foals that...”

“Actually all the bars are open today.”

Pinkie gasped.

“Yes, they are open all day, all night and tomorrow morning, so that we have a place to unwind.”

“And no pony told me!? Come on Silky,” she said pulling the stallion up and grabbing his hoof again. “We are going to get you something to drink right now.”

And before the words could even reach Silky’s ears he found himself running through town, being pulled by a hyperactive, yet cute in her own way, pink mare by the name of Pinkie Pie towards a bar, and he could not help but smile.