• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 4,718 Views, 144 Comments

A Gentle Breeze of Change - kwr2k13



William Weston, age 25, a weather reporter, ends up making news history when he ends up missing. Shortly after his unexplained disappearance, a light grey Pegasus with a light blue-green mane and tail was spotted with three other colorful Pegasi.

  • ...
22
 144
 4,718

Chapter Seven - Rebirth: Spring


Chapter 7
Rebirth: Spring

Summer went into the bathroom with the clothes she obtained from her younger sister. She looked through them, wondering how to put them on. “Uhm, sis, I think I need some help with these clothes.” The light grey human/equine hybrid went out to wait for her sister to help her. Summer was wearing her blue bathroom for modesty’s sake.

“I-I’ll be there in a minute!” Spring called out from down the hallway, the sound of footsteps following soon after as she walked down the hall and entered the bathroom with her sister.

“You need help putting on your clothes?” She asked, giving her sister an odd look.

Summer nodded with an embarrassed look on her face, “I don’t know the first thing about what to wear. I mean, eventually, if we end up as ponies, we will not need clothes, unless we want to, that is. What’s first? The undergarments?” She held up a pair of plain undergarments, giving them a quizzical look.

“Well, y-yes, usually you put them on first. I can, h-help you with your b-b-bra, if you want,” Spring said with a bright blush on her cheeks, shifting uncomfortably and avoiding eye contact with Summer.

Summer blushed as well, “I-I appreciate this, Spring. It’s just that I’m not used to this body. I have a tail that matches my mane and I have ears that resemble a horse rather than a human’s ears. And, this Mark on my thighs, as well as these, whatever these are.” She points to her feet, which have become hooves.

“Yeah, I mean, its cool and all that we somewhat resemble characters from my favorite show, but I dunno, its just really weird and all. Here, I’ll help you get dressed now,” She takes a pair of panties and hands them to Summer, instructing her to just slip them on like guy underpants would.

Summer listens to the younger sister explain how to dress her new female body, placing the undergarments in the correct areas. “Okay, so far, so good. I think I have the hang of these new undergarments.” She was now wearing a pair of light blue panties and matching bra, turning her back to the mirror, showing her sister the wings that would mark her as a Pegasus. “So, what do I do about my new wings?”

“Well, the wings didn’t really cause much trouble for the bra, but shirts will be a bit more tricky. We’ll probably have to cut some holes in the back, unless you want them to just stay folded up most of the time. Oh yeah, what about your tail? Do you want a hole in the back of your underwear as well? I think it’d be kind of uncomfortable to squish your tail up like that,” She spoke very quickly, becoming a bit puzzled with how their new anatomy would change how their clothes were worn.

Summer nodded, “Yeah, if you could please fix my clothes so my tail and wings would be showing. If anyone asks, what would I tell them? Cosplayer?”

“Best cosplayer ever but yeah, I suppose that people wouldn’t be too suspicious as long as you didn’t move anything unless you used your hands,” Spring said as she went to grab a pair of scissors, cutting holes in Summer’s shirt and panties, then deciding if it would really work. “Yeah, I think you’re good.”

Summer checks out her wings and her tail, flicking her now-free tail, as well as flexing the light grey wings. The contour, primary, and tertiary feathers had grown in quite nicely, and had developed from her shoulder blades. “I think our wings were at one time part of our shoulder blades when we were human.”

“Makes sense, they do practically just sprout out right at that spot. So, now that you’re dressed, anything else you need help with?” She said to Summer with a smile, happy that they had gotten through that with minimal trouble.

Summer looked at the mirror at her feminine face and her mane, “Uhm, is my mane okay, and will I need,” she gulped at the next part, “makeup?”

Spring giggled and shook her head, putting her hand on Summer’s shoulder. “No, no you won’t need makeup. But I think your mane could be brushed out to look a little nicer. Would you mind if I did that? Or would you be too worried about your manliness?” She asked with a snicker, playfully sticking her tongue out as well.

Summer blushed at her sister’s playful banter. “Uhm, yes, I would like if you could help me with my mane. Thank you so much for being there for me, Spring. We’ll get through this together. And, I have been in contact with our other siblings. Jennifer and Aaron are both changing into these horse-people. They each have those marks on their thighs.”

Spring smiled and grabbed a brush, facing Summer towards the mirror as she begun brushing her mane. “That’s good, if they’re having trouble we need to be there for them as well. And don’t mention it! I’m always happy to help you out!” Spring said and gave Summer a quick hug before continuing to brush Summer’s mane.

Summer felt her sister’s warm embrace, and returned the hug back, then looked over at Spring’s handiwork on her mane. “I know. We are family, sis. We stick together. Besides, we were always this close before? I keep remembering lives other than the ones we had here. Some place where these horse people hung out and enjoyed each other’s company.”

Spring’s face scrunched up a bit as she thought about Summer’s question. “I’m not sure, it feels like we were always this close, but it also feels like that those other lives really happened as well, everyone did hang out and was really happy. I dunno, this is all just really confusing. I hope we find some answers soon,” She said as she finished brushing out Summer’s mane to a more presentable state. “There! All done, do you like it?”

Summer frowned, then her face lit up, “Like it? No, sis! I love it!” Her blue-green mane was styled in a healthy design, and framed her face and ears quite well. “What about you, Spring? What do you remember about that other life? What kind of creatures sport marks and these types of ears?” She points to her ears, which twitched with every emotion.

“Well… What we’re becoming reminds me an awful lot of a cartoon show that I really like to watch. Its about a bunch of magical ponies that learn valuable lessons on friendship and save their world from villains that attempt to ruin the harmony that they created,” Spring said with her hand on her chin, thinking hard about the similarities between the show and their transformations so far.

Summer’s wings twitched, as well as her tail, “So, these wings and ears belong to these ‘ponies?’ Is that what we are becoming? I’m not familiar with that show, but I think we watched some of it a couple days ago. That one episode where they sent the water up to some factory? Aaron had some visions of these flying horses working in a factory, mixing colors.”

Summer then put on a pair of blue jeans that were modified to accommodate her tail, and her light blue grey shirt had slits in the back for her wings. She also placed a light blue green cap on her head to cover her pony ears. The necklace she wore bore the resemblance to the light blue green west wind Cutie Mark on her thighs.

Spring smiled and grabbed a brush, facing Summer towards the mirror as she begun brushing her mane. “That’s good, if they’re having trouble we need to be there for them as well. And don’t mention it! I’m always happy to help you out!” Spring said and gave Summer a quick hug before continuing to brush Summer’s mane.

Summer felt her sister’s warm embrace, and returned the hug back, then looked over at Spring’s handiwork on her mane. “I know. We are family, sis. We stick together. Besides, were we always this close before? I keep remembering lives other than the ones we had here. Some place where these horse people hung out and enjoyed each other’s company.”

Spring’s face scrunched up a bit as she thought about Summer’s question. “I’m not sure, it feels like we were always this close, but it also feels like that those other lives really happened as well, everyone did hang out and was really happy. I dunno, this is all just really confusing. I hope we find some answers soon,” She said as she finished brushing out Summer’s mane to a more presentable state. “There! All done, do you like it?”

Summer frowned, then her face lit up, “Like it? No, sis! I love it!” Her blue-green mane was styled in a healthy design, and framed her face and ears quite well. “What about you, Spring? What do you remember about that other life? What kind of creatures sport marks and these types of ears?” She points to her ears, which twitched with every emotion.

“Well… What we’re becoming reminds me an awful lot of a cartoon show that I really like to watch. It’s about a bunch of magical ponies that learn valuable lessons on friendship and save their world from villains that attempt to ruin the harmony that they created,” Spring said with her hand on her chin, thinking hard about the similarities between the show and their transformations so far.

Summer’s wings twitched, as well as her tail, “So, these wings and ears belong to these ‘ponies?’ Is that what we are becoming? I’m not familiar with that show, but I think we watched some of it a couple days ago. That one episode where they sent the water up to some factory? Aaron had some visions of these flying horses working in a factory, mixing colors.”

Summer then put on a pair of blue jeans that were modified to accommodate her tail, and her light blue grey shirt had slits in the back for her wings. She also placed a light blue green cap on her head to cover her pony ears. The necklace she wore bore the resemblance to the light blue green west wind Cutie Mark on her thighs.

“Yeah, that’s my best guess as to what we’re turning into because nothing else really makes sense,” Spring replied, scratching her head in confusion over the rate of changes happening to her and her sister.

Summer worried about what would happen if they were out on their lunch break, and the rest of the changes occurred. “I appreciate you, Jennifer, and Aaron helping me out. We are going through these changes together, I assume. Do you know what we are to do if and when we finally become ponies?”

Spring looked at Summer with unsure eyes, shaking her head slowly, “I’m not really sure; if you, Jennifer, Aaron and I are the only ones that are going through this then it’s doubtful that when we fully transform that we’ll be able to find a place to stay.” The idea frightened Spring a bit, knowing that if they did go full pony that they would have to constantly avoid humans for the rest of their lives.


“It’ll be tough, but I think that we’ll be able to make it through this as long as we look at the bright side of things and stick together,” Spring gave her best smile, not wanting the mood to become downcast so quickly despite nothing major having actually happened yet.

Summer gave her younger sister a side hug. “You are always the insightful one, little sister. I consider my changes to be a new opportunity in life. Right now, I’d like to spend some quality time with my sister, if you are up for it.”

Spring hugged her sister back, thankful that she would always have some support even if the rest of the world went against her, “of course I’m up for it! We barely spend any time together anymore and I think a little bonding would be good for the two of us,”

Summer hugged her sister in response to the offer of family bonding time. Being the elder sister, it would appear that Spring would be looking up to her for advice. But, as it turned out, Summer turned to her younger sister for counsel in their darkest hour. “In my old life, I lost my job, so I guess I will be needing to find a new one. But, who is going to hire someone, or some pony with ears, wings, and a tail?” Her blue green tail swished behind her in synch with her emotional state.

A soft sigh came from Spring as she looked Summer in the eyes and spoke seriously “I honestly think that with how far we’ve already gone that we should just expect we’re going all the way,” she paused for a second to think things over a little “jobs will probably be the least of our worries when that time comes. The more important thing will be just being able to find some food and a place to stay I’d think.” Spring’s solemn face switched to one of mild happiness “but enough about that for now, how about that bonding?”

Summer took Spring’s hands into hers and smiled, “Bonding. Two sisters who are now starting to look like something out of a cosplay convention or a children’s cartoon. Maybe we can enter one of those conventions and win?” Just then, her stomach growled, making her blush, “but, food would be a good way to bond. Where do you want to go eat?”

“Hmm,” Spring had to give this a little bit of thought, after all this was probably one of the few chances she and her sister would get to do something fun together. “I heard there’s this restaurant called Chuck-A-Rama nearby that’s really good! Wanna try it out?” She looked at Summer with excitement visible in her eyes.

Summer sighs, “Sure, why not. You buying? And, if we are becoming ponies, I guess we’ll be sticking with vegetarian meals.”

Spring gave a little squee and began pulling Summer out the door with her “I’ll buy, but the great thing about this place, is from what I hear that you don’t actually order anything! They just have it all out in this kitchen-ish area and you just take what you want!”

Summer nods, “It’s a buffet style restaurant. Sounds good to me!” She gets pulled out the door by her sister, “Uhm, we’d better lock the door before we leave.”

Spring stops in her tracks for a moment, “Oh yeah, hang on a sec,” she walks back inside for a moment and grabs her purse, closing and locking the door afterwards. “Now we’re good!” Spring practically skipped over to the car, getting really excited over a simple lunch with her sister! “You driving or am I?”

Summer points at her hind hooves, which were a light grey color “You think I can drive with these hooves? My driver’s license isn't up-to-date with my current condition, you know.” She looked over at her rose-maned sister for her response.

“Good point,” she looked down at her own hooves and then to the car “I think it might be easier if I drove since I still look pretty similar to what’s on my license.” Spring pulled her keys out of her purse and unlocked the car, opening the door to the drivers seat and sitting down. “Owch!” She quickly rose back up, grabbing her tail, “I’m not sure how I’m gonna be able to do this with my tail getting in the way,” she said while looking at her tail with a confused scowl.

Summer nods, and places a reassuring hand on her sister’s shoulder, “I know how you feel, Spring.” She was already in the passenger’s seat when Spring discovered the disadvantages of having a tail. “I’m still getting used to having back hooves and a tail. The wings are also going to be a challenge. But, for now, just try to be careful about sitting on your tail.” She pulled her tail in front of her, then got herself comfortable, buckling in.

Spring sat back down again but more carefully handling her tail this time. Successfully positioning herself comfortably in the seat, she buckled herself in, put the keys into the ignition, and started it up. As they were backing out of the driveway Spring asked “wanna listen to some music on the way there?”

Summer smiled, “Yes, that will be fine.” She kept her eyes on the road, helping her sister navigate the way to the restaurant. “I sure hope Aqua Splash will be okay, sis. I think she was a supervisor back in Cloudsdale.”

Spring hooked up her phone to the car through bluetooth and began playing some songs through the speakers “I think she’ll make it through okay, after all, she’s got us looking out for her,” She smiled at Summer and continued driving, her eyes not leaving the road for more than a second.

Summer nods, thinking back to when Aqua Splash showed up at the house. “She came to me for help. It felt good to help a fellow pony in need. I mean, what if there are other people becoming ponies out there? I know Aaron and Jennifer reported similar changes to ours.”

“Then we’ll do whatever we can to help them if we find any, they’d probably be just as lost as we are and could use all the help they could get,” Spring rounded a few more corners and pulled into a parking lot and parking the car, removing the keys from the ignition and unbuckling her seat belt afterwards. “We’re here!”

Summer unbuckled her seat belt, and exited the vehicle, waiting for her sister to join her in the beginning of the family bonding experience. “Good, I’m hungry. Must be this new body’s metabolism or something.”

Spring exited the car and walked up beside her, heading towards the restaurant while stuffing her keys back into her purse. “Most likely, I think ponies would have bigger stomachs than humans do so it makes sense,” She pushed the doors of the restaurant open and felt the warmth and smell of their surroundings assault her senses.

Summer smiles, “And, perhaps we can get some saddlebags later on. I mean, that purse of yours could double as a saddlebag, right?” The food in the restaurant assaulted her senses as well, making her stomach growl even more.

Spring glances down at her purse then back at Summer, “I suppose so; might be a bit tricky but it might be able to work both ways.” They walked up to the waitress at the counter and got a few odd looks for a moment but walked by after everything was sorted out. “Alright, let’s find our food and then pick a nice table to sit at,” Spring was already walking about and looking at the different kinds of food on display.

Summer looked at the menu options at the buffet. The meat products nearly made her nauseous, so she avoided those. The fruit and salad bar, however, was where she ended up at. “Oh, wow, the salad bar looks really good!” She got a plate and began to fix herself a salad. Asparagus, tomatoes, lettuce, and cucumbers were added to the salad, along with some light ranch dressing.

Spring had trailed over to the dessert section first, grabbing all sorts of unhealthy looking snacks and treats and piling them onto her plate.

Summer saw her sister piling the sweets onto her plate, “You going to eat all that, or are you going to share? I wouldn't mind that cheesecake.”

Spring looked at her plate and blushed a bit “Yeah I’ll share; guess I just got a little carried away,” she stopped grabbing snacks and put a bit of macaroni and cheese onto her plate along with a few pieces of broccoli.

Summer smiled and took her plate to their window seat. The elder sister had a salad with ranch dressing, as well as some fruit and dessert items that reminded her of the snacks prepared by Pinkie Pie, as well as Mr. and Mrs. Cake at Sugar Cube Corner. The sisters received several stares and some murmurings from the other patrons about their wings, manes, and tails, mostly about whether or not their new looks were real or just part of a cosplay.

Spring looked between her food and the eyes that seemed to never look away, “Do you think maybe we should’ve concealed our pony bits instead of just letting them be visible?”

Summer shrugged, “Maybe, but for some reason, our wings would be very hard to conceal, as well as our tails and our hooves. Tell me, Spring, have we always been ponies, or humans pretending to be ponies?”

Spring took a bit of her food and shook her head “I dunno, I’m not really sure what to think until we can find out more about how this happened in the first place,” She took a few more bites and spoke again, “So what’re Jennifer and Aaron doing? Have they found out anything about the changes?”

Summer nodded, “I talked with Jennifer earlier, and she seems to accept me being a sister. Aaron reported over the phone his hair had grown out and turned orange, and his eyes turned blue. Jennifer’s hair turned blue with white streaks in it. She has a matching tail and her fur is starting to turn white.” As she spoke, she looked down at her arms. Light grey fur began to sprout over them, forcing her to try to pull down her sleeves of her shirt in an attempt to conceal the ongoing ponification.

“You ok there? You look like there’s a spider crawling up your arm,” Spring asked and saw the fur, looking away from Summer and down at her own arms thankful that nothing was happening to them yet.

Summer sheepishly looked away from her sister and then tried to pretend nothing was wrong, but all the changes thus far were beginning to add up. “Perhaps we should head home and compare notes about these changes? From what I gather, we each received some marks on our thighs around our birthdays. I believe you called them, “Cutie Marks?”

“Yep,” Spring nodded to confirm that her sister was correct “as far as I know that’s really the only thing that these marks could be,” Spring took a few more bites of her food, almost finished with her meal. “And it probably would be a good idea to head home soon and try to get together with the others. These changes look like they’re hitting the final stretch and I don’t think it’d be good if we were still out in public when they finish,”

Summer smiled at her sister, “I am so glad you are here to help me out in my time of need. And, I will be there when we “cross over”, so to speak. I thought I was the only one whose eye and hair color was changing, but you, Aaron, Jennifer, and that Pegasus we left back home…” She then finished her meal, thinking about that mare that came to her, seeking her help. “Aqua Splash is her name. She sounds familiar. I think we were good friends as ponies.”

Spring had finished eating while Summer was talking, reaching over to hold her hand when she had finished speaking. “We’ll all always be here to help each other, sis. And I’m sure that if we were ponies to begin with, we were absolutely the best of friends, I don’t think it could be any other way,” Spring reassured Summer with a smile and hope visible in her eyes.

Summer got up and gave her sister a hug. She nearly teared up at the words of encouragement from the younger sister. “Perhaps that’s what your Cutie Mark represents, sister. You always have warm words of kindness ready to help any pony in need.” She chuckled at the last part, “Heh, any pony. I guess I’m starting to use ponyisms.”

Spring blushed a little and giggled, happy that she could give Summer the same amount of hope that she held within herself. “That’s what I’m here for,” Spring said with a smile, standing up afterwards and grabbing her dishes. “I think we should head home now though, we’ve still got plenty of stuff to do,” she began walking towards the exit after setting her dishes down. “But this little bonding experience was really fun, we should do it again some time!”

Summer headed towards the exit and motioned Spring towards the cashier, “Uhm, should we pay for our lunch before we leave? You said you were paying.” She then commented about the family bonding activities. “Yes, we should plan more family outings and include Autumn and Winter.” She shook her head, and looked at Spring, “Have you noticed I am calling you and our siblings by your Equestrian names?”

Spring waved her hand and continued toward the exit, “I paid for it when we first came in so its all good.” She held the door open for Summer and a few other people before walking over to her car. “I have actually noticed you’ve done that recently, but I never pointed it out because it didn’t really seem odd to me. I’m probably just not at the same stage of the changes you’re at so I haven’t started doing it yet,”

Summer walked through the door of the restaurant and followed Spring to her car. She was trying to keep up with her new back hooves as she entered the car and shut the door. She buckled in and looked at her hands, which were now light grey to match the fur on her legs. “This fur is spreading quite rapidly and matches my ears. I assume the same fur color will be prominent with your color scheme?”

Spring put the keys into the ignition and started up the car, starting their drive back home. “Probably, it’d be safe to assume that that’d be the case in the very least,”

Summer smiled a bit at the thought of seeing her and her sister in their full pony glory, but then frowned, as if a thought of worry entered her mind, “What are we going to do once we change into ponies? And, these wings must do something besides make us look like something out of a cosplay convention.”

“We stick together, work this out as a family,” Spring spoke confidently, turning a few corners before stopping at a stop light and continuing. “These wings look like they should allow us to fly once their fully developed though, the feathers look like they’d support us, or ponies, for that matter,”

Summer nodded, “Agreed. Again, your special talent is coming in loud and clear. I cannot wait to fly and walk on clouds, I think the ponies with wings have that ability, right? There was that giant city in the clouds that Aaron mentioned in his dream.”

“Yep, I think technically we could walk on clouds now, but getting up to them would be another whole event in and of itself,” Spring pulled into her neighborhood, quickly nearing the house. “That city is named Cloudsdale, if I’m thinking of the same one that Aaron was dreaming of,” Spring pulled the car into the driveway, a little surprised to find another car there that looked awfully familiar. She got out and looked over at the car, “Hey Summer, does that car look familiar to you?”

Summer got out of her sister’s car and looked over at the other car in the driveway, “Is that Jennifer’s car? You think she missed us leaving? We should have asked her to come with us. She was getting a little frazzled about the whole pony thing. She has wings like ours.”

“It sure does look like her’s, I really do hope we didn’t leave right as she dropped by though. What if she needed our help with something?” Spring walked up to her door and fumbled with getting the keys out of her purse for a moment but prevailed after a few tries and unlocked the door, opening it and walking inside with Summer right behind her.

Summer went inside and called out, “Jen? You okay? Spring and I are back from our trip!” She announced with concern in her voice. She looked around for any signs of life. “That is very odd. Jen’s car is in the driveway, but is she not here?”

“I’m not sure, but who else could’ve gotten into my house?” Spring said with a bit of worry, fearing for the worst a small bit.

“Mmph?!” Sounded a confused and slightly scared voice that was most definitely not Jennifer’s, not even a female at all.

Summer’s pony ears perked up at the sound of the male’s voice, “Show yourself! Whoever you are!” She hoped to scare the intruder off by showing her equine appearance.

They heard scuffling as the invader behind the voice tried to make an escape.

Summer used her new wings to attempt to glide over the intruder and cut him off. “Sis, we have to cut him off before he escapes!” She lands in front of the intruder, spreading out her wings, attempting to make herself bigger to intimidate him. She removed her hat to reveal her light grey pony ears and light blue green mane.

Spring ran up behind him and stood there in a “ready to pounce” position and let Summer take the lead.

“Please don’t attack! I come in peace, I’m Sam.”

Sam showed himself, he had short reddish-brown curly hair and a short scruffy beard. Like the sisters, he had a tail, but unlike them, he had a dark green horn.

Summer saw the unicorn’s horn on Sam, and stopped. “Sam, I’m Summer Breeze. This is my little sister, Spring. How did you get here?”

“Oh, cool names. Were you raised by pony-human-things like me?” This awkward sentence officially showed the girls that the intruder probably couldn’t hurt a fly.

Summer shook her head. “No, my sisters and I take care of ourselves. But, let’s start at the beginning of our journey. On May 1, I had a good-paying job as a weather reporter. That changed when I received a Cutie Mark on my thighs.” She pulled down the top part of her pants to reveal the light blue green west wind Cutie Mark.

Spring shifted a bit uncomfortably but did the same, quickly though and only giving Sam a small moment view her cutie mark.

“Oh! I have a cutie mark too!” Sam repeated their actions, showing an apple with a smile carved into it. “I’m a teacher.”

Summer smiled. “My sisters and I all have Cutie Marks. Autumn, our eldest sister, has three fall leaves for her Cutie Mark. Winter is an artist, and her Cutie Mark is a blue paint pallet over a white snowflake. And, Spring’s special talent is finding the best in any given situation, which is represented by a yellow sun and a red rose.”

“Oh, well, Spring? And I assume you are Summer!” he smiled weakly looking at the ponies.

Summer smiled, and nodded, “Our parents, Gentle and Sky Breeze, named us at our cute-cenaras. They named us after the four seasons.”

“I never had one of those… mostly because I’m a guy first of all, and I also wasn’t a pony or pony hybrid when I was a kid.”

Summer scratched her head, “Yeah, Spring and I were human before all this pony stuff started happening. We believe it has something to do with the last episode of the show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Season Five, right, Spring?”

Spring nodded and looked at Sam, “That last episode really did seem to have some kind of connection with all this. I just can’t place the connections right now. Maybe I’ll have to watch it later…”

“Oh! I watched that with my parents, they were afraid they would disappear when the episode aired. But, they also threw salt on my face when I split it a little so I guess it’s just that superstitious side of them…” He grinned scratching the back of his neck.

Summer frowned at the next thing she was about to say, “Do you remember a character called Discord? He was the villain of the so-called lost episode of the show. He used his chaos magic to banish every pony to Earth. My sisters and I were the unfortunate victims of his spell. He called it the Five Score, Divided by Four spell. I think we’ve broken the curse, or it’s wearing off. People are starting to change back into ponies, whether they be a Pegasus, like us, or a unicorn, like you, or an Earth Pony.”

“But, I was born a human. Is the spell spreading to everyone?”

Summer shakes her head, “Only if you received your Cutie Mark. If we are turning back into ponies, I assume the Element Bearers, the Princesses, and the rest of Equestria would be showing up here on Earth.”

“So… where are they?”

Summer sighs, sitting down on the couch, holding her head in her hands, which by now, had begun to shift slightly into hooves. “I don’t know where the others are. I only know that you and my sisters appear to be the only ones that are changing right now. Perhaps they will show up when the time is right. Until then, Spring and I are in the final stages of our changes. Soon, we will become the Pegasi we once were, or are now.”

“If we’re the only ones changing, then we must have something in common!” Sam deduced.

Summer nodded, looking up at Sam, “The Cutie Marks, for one. Then our eye color, and by the second day, my hair changed to a light blue green. I lost my job and eventually moved in with my sister. I appreciate her help through this. She’s been very supportive.” She looked up to her sister from her seat on the couch and smiled.

Spring returned the smile and shrugged, “I do what I think is best, just glad that it’s appreciated!”

Sam tugged at his hair, the roots were turning light red and light green, “It looks like you’re further in the process than I am.”

Summer nodded, “Look, Sam, we will get through all this. Spring and I will be here to help you. And, maybe we can introduce you to Winter and Autumn. By the way, you have the same type of car Jennifer has. She was supposed to come with us to eat.”

“That reminds me, I stopped by your house to get food. I didn’t have any at my place and I couldn’t go into public looking like this.” he smiled sheepishly and scratched his neck again.

Summer motioned Sam to the kitchen, trying not to stumble over her hooves, “I’m going to have to start walking on all four hooves eventually.” She rummaged through the fridge to look for some food for Sam to eat. “What are you in the mood for? We are going to have to stick with salads and fruits, since ponies don’t eat meat.”

“Ugh, I hated salads in the first place… Ponies eat potatoes, right? Do you have any fries or chips?” Sam eagerly grinned as the green and red spread from the roots of his mane.

Summer looks over the assorted snacks and pulls some out of the cupboard, “Yes, potato chips are good, but if you want healthy, I’d say apples or carrots.” She then places some red apples in a bowl and offers them to Sam and to Spring.

Spring takes a few carrots, being mostly full from their recent lunch but not being able to deny the snack she was offered.

“Okay, an apple, please.” Sam said dejectedly as he took a look at his fingers, noticing that he had lost a significant amount of dexterity with them pretty quickly. “Since I’ll have no luck holding things soon, let’s see if I can get my magic to work!”

Summer stepped back to watch Sam use his magic. “You should be able to use your magic, just as Spring and I will be able to use our wings to fly.”

Sam squinted his eyes and clenched his teeth. Soon, his horn began to light up in the same color of red as his cutie mark and mane. Suddenly, the apple was enveloped in the magic. It was working well until Sam got distracted. “I did i-AH!”

The apple flew over at Summer with surprising speed, hitting her square on the forehead. “I guess euphoria effects magic…” Sam chuckled to himself. “Let me try that again!”

Summer rubbed her head where the apple had hit her, “Your focus needs more focusing. Try again.” She deadpanned wryly.

She then wondered about Sam’s pony name. “So, Sam, what name are you going to call yourself once you become a full unicorn stallion?”

“I haven’t given that much thought.” he closed his eyes again and strained until the apple had made it safely to his hand. Carefully, he picked up the apple again and took a bite.

“Wow,” he said with a full mouth, “They don’t give unicorns enough credit, that was hard!”

Summer flapped her wings experimentally, “Yeah, twenty-five years of not having your wings or magic will do that to you. I’m still getting used to having wings again.” She looked over at her sister, “How are you holding up, sis?”

Spring looked back at her half-developed wings, giving them a little shake. “I’m doing alright, though I don’t think it’d be smart for us to try anything too extreme till our wings are more developed.”

Summer nodded, “So no aerial flying maneuvers and loop-de-loops then?” She sounded a bit sad at the fact that she couldn't at least try any of the basic Pegasi Flight Camp lessons.

Spring giggled and shook her head, “No loop-de-loops, silly filly! At least not yet,” It was better to be safe than sorry.

“I assume it’ll get easier as I fully become a unicorn,” Sam examined himself and discovered he had full hooves now. He decided to just stand on his four hooves instead of his back hooves.

Summer’s fingers had fused into her front hooves as she dropped down to all fours. Her head lowered as she attempted to regain her balance.

“Same with us Pegasi.” She panted as she attempted to move forward to her sister to check on her progress. “It’s getting hard to walk on my hind legs because of my wings.”

The light grey Pegasi’s fur slowly began to creep over her belly and around her shoulders. Eventually, she was covered from head to hoof in fur. The only thing that separated her from being a full pony was the lack of a muzzle.

“Do you think I could do more than just levitation? What are other spells from the show?” Sam smiled as he lit up his horn and tossed an apple around with some effort.

Summer looked up at Sam’s magical display, and thought about the spells used in the show. “There’s teleportation, and a walk on clouds spell. The walk on clouds spell will allow any non-Pegasi to walk on clouds like a Pegasus for up to three days.”

Sam pondered the spells. “Let’s see, I think teleportation starts by thinking of your destination…” Sam concentrated on the table and lit his horn up again. When he appeared on the table, he was hardly conscious and wobbling a bit. “That took up a lot of energy,” He smiled timidly.

Summer smiled as she felt her muzzle about to push out. Her teeth had shifted into equine teeth and her barrel had expanded, leaving the light grey Pegasi in her all natural state, as if she had stepped out of the cartoon. Her large turquoise eyes shone brightly as she blinked and then flexed her wings experimentally.

Unlike Summer, Sam’s body figure had shaped into a pony, but the fur hadn’t grown yet. He blushed, “Maybe there’s a spell for this…”

Summer began to flap her wings to get herself off the ground, testing their flexibility. “Not sure. I’m not a unicorn. I’m more of a weather pony now.”

Concentrating on spells again, Sam squinted his eyes and strained to cast a fur spell. “I guess my magic was drained in that teleportation spell; the fur is growing now though. But what are we going to do? We’re completely ponies, no human will understand this, and if we’re seen by the wrong person, it’ll be dissection station! Wait, that rhymed in my head…”

Summer looked over at Sam and then back at Spring. “Sam, calm down. We’ll get through this, okay? Spring and I have agreed to work this out as a family. And, you are welcome to stay with us, if it’s okay with my sister.” She looked over at Spring for her say in the matter. It was her house, after all.

Sam looked at Spring with strangely convincing puppy-eyes. “PWEASE!”

Spring looked down at the two mostly-ponies and laughed a small bit before answering. “Alright guys alright, but I’m pretty sure that people would still be able to understand us. Just because we’re becoming ponies doesn't mean that transformation will erase our knowledge of speaking and understanding English. At least I don’t think it will,”

Summer sighed, “Do I have something on my face? Why does my face feel weird?” She attempted to rub her face with her fore hoof.

Spring watched Summer’s face change, a slight sense of shock accompanying the sight. “W-well your muzzle just formed, quite nicely I might add,” Spring said a little awkwardly, her former human brother turned mare in merely a few days.

Summer frowned as she looked up to her sister, “What’s going to happen now? I assume you’ll change as well?” The light grey Pegasi pawed the floor nervously with her new front right hoof.

“Probably,” Spring replied and looked down at her body, still recognizable as mostly human. “I think my body is just changing at a slower rate than yours did,” Spring’s body hadn't changed as much as the others had, but she practically couldn’t move her fingers unless she tried really hard.

Summer went up to nuzzle her sister, then looked at her fingers, “Your front hooves are coming in nicely, sis.”

Concentrating on spells again, Sam squinted his eyes and strained to cast a fur spell. “I guess my magic was drained in that teleportation spell; the fur is growing now though. But what are we going to do? We’re completely ponies, no human will understand this, and if we’re seen by the wrong person, it’ll be dissection station! Wait, that rhymed in my head…”

Summer looked over at Sam and then back at Spring. “Sam, calm down. We’ll get through this, okay? Spring and I have agreed to work this out as a family. And, you are welcome to stay with us, if it’s okay with my sister.” She looked over at Spring for her say in the matter. It was her house, after all.

Sam looked at Spring with strangely convincing puppy-eyes. “PWEASE!”

Spring looked down at the two mostly-ponies and laughed a small bit before answering. “Alright guys alright, but I’m pretty sure that people would still be able to understand us. Just because we’re becoming ponies doesn’t mean that the transformation will erase our knowledge of speaking and understanding English. At least I don’t think it will.”

Summer sighed, “Do I have something on my face? Why does my face feel weird?” She attempted to rub her face with her fore hoof.

Spring watched Summer’s face change, a slight sense of shock accompanying the sight. “W-well your muzzle just formed, quite nicely I might add,” Spring said a little awkwardly, her former human brother turned mare in merely a few days.

Summer frowned as she looked up to her sister, “What’s going to happen now? I assume you’ll change as well?” The light grey Pegasi pawed the floor nervously with her new front right hoof.

“Probably,” Spring replied and looked down at her body, still recognizable as mostly human. “I think my body is just changing at a slower rate than yours did,” Spring’s body hadn’t changed as much as the others had, but she practically couldn’t move her fingers unless she tried really hard.

Summer went up to nuzzle her sister, then looked at her fingers, “Your front hooves are coming in nicely, sis.” She then looked at her new hooves, which by then were covered by light grey fur.

Spring looked at her fingers, seeing that they were indeed undergoing some kind of metamorphosis that was turning them into hooves. “I suppose they are. They aren’t really hooves yet, but they sure do look like they’re close,” Spring noted.

Summer examined her sister’s light green skin, which would later become her fur on her body. “You aren’t kidding about the colorful part of ponies. Your mane is very beautiful, by the way.” She began to run her front hoof through her sister’s rose-pink mane.

Spring giggled and a light blush appeared on her cheeks, “Thanks, yours looks lovely as well,” Spring complimented. “These changes sure are strange, but I feel we’ll get used to them in time.” Spring stated, then gave a slight yawn.

Summer blushed as she heard Spring’s loving compliment to her mane. “Thanks, I think…” As to the changes, she agreed with her sister. “You are so right, sister. I still am getting used to having wings and not eating meat. I think the change in diet happened at the restaurant. All those desserts, fruits, and vegetables reminded me of the foods we ate in Ponyville.”

Spring nodded in agreement, taking a moment to think deeply about things. “These things do remind me of Ponyville, but I’m not sure how we remember that we ever did have these things in Ponyville in the first place.”

Summer yawned as they continued to talk. “Perhaps these ‘memories’ are the result of that spell Discord cast on us, and the spell is weakening enough for us to remember our lives as ponies. Does that mean our human lives will cease to exist when we become ponies?”

Spring shrugged and gave the best answer she could come up with, “I do believe that we will cease to exist as humans, but whether our memories of being a human remain with us or not, I cannot be certain.”

Summer hugged her sister warmly, “Thank you for your understanding. Looks like we are not alone in this. Our siblings are also going through their changes, and when the time comes, we will be there.”

Spring returned the hug, happy that she at least had her sister to support her for now. “I believe we are not alone either, that our siblings are not the only others going through with these changes. Sam is proof of that, so if we find any others going through this same ordeal, we should lend them all the support we can provide,” Spring explained, a loud yawn following her statements. “For now though, I think we should get some sleep, I’m starting to get kinda tired.”

Summer yawned as she hugged Spring back, “It’s getting late, Spring. Perhaps we will continue our mission to help the ponies in need tomorrow.” She then lowered herself off the couch, and attempted to stand on her hind hooves, “Would it be better to start walking on all fours?”

Spring laughed a little at the sight of her sister trying to walk on two legs instead of four in her new form. “I think that would be wise, and it would probably be best to continue our endeavors tomorrow since it is getting late.” Spring agreed, beginning to walk towards the bedrooms.

Summer lowered herself to all fours, allowing her back pain to lessen. Her wings spread out and then folded back into their resting position in response to her tired body. “That’s better. Well, time for bed, sister. Would you want me to stay in your room tonight?”

Spring smiled as she continued to walk slightly ahead of Summer. “I think that would be a great idea,” Spring said as they entered her bedroom.

As they entered the bedroom, Summer felt at peace with being with her sister, “I appreciate you helping me out when I lost my job. Which I am beginning to wonder if the loss of the job was meant to happen.”

Spring flopped onto her bed, not bothering to change, “It’s really no big deal, that’s what family is for anyway. I don’t know about the job though, maybe it just happened for no reason, thinking about it too much though won’t get us anywhere. I say we sleep for now and think later.” Spring said as she got comfortable in the bed.

Summer used her wings to attempt to hover up and onto the bed near her sister, and yawned, stifling her yawn with a furry hoof. “Good idea.” She then snuggled up next to her sister, giving her a kiss on the cheek. “Sleep well, Spring.”

Spring kissed Summer’s cheek in return, wrapping her arms around her sister, welcoming the snuggles. “You too, Summer.”

Summer smiled as she rested close to her sister, feeling her body relax as the siblings drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

Author's Note:

Thanks to TheGingaNinja for helping me out as Spring Breeze, Summer's younger sister!

Anonymous Hornet is writing for Winter Breeze and Autumn Breeze is being written by Espeon_in_the_Morning.

A new Unicorn stallion, Sam, is joining us. Thank you runforever101 for your contribution!