• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 8,387 Views, 129 Comments

A Sweet Button - Dramatic Stories



Sweetie Belle falls in love

  • ...
16
 129
 8,387

5-Rebel Rebel

Rebel Rebel


"No."Button yelled in a whisper. "I can't just give up...maybe I can..."Button paused to think as he stared out his window. Just on the other side of the glass, a tree branch thick enough to support a full grown mare subtly swayed in the gentile breeze. "Perfect. I can sneak out and see her. Looks like 'The Stash' has come up with another evil plot, muhahaha!"Button laughed making sure to keep his volume down.

He unlatched the window, and pushed it open. As the cool air rushed in, the curtains begun swaying back and forth, and the fresh air filled the young colts lungs. He climbed up on to the frame of the window, and immediately looked down. His vertigo immediately kicked in, almost making him loose balance and fall out from the second story window. He quickly gripped himself together, and leaped into the branch. The branched heaved and swung as his weight threw it forward. Button dangled from the wood tightly, and slowly made his way to the trunk.

"Just...gotta...get...to the...trunk."He spoke quietly between breaths. He slowly moved to the trunk, and moved his fore hooves around it. Slowly, he climbed down the trunk like an inchworm, eventually reaching the bottom. "Finally."He said, as he walked around the tree. He then proceeded to slap himself in the face with his hoof. "I forgot I put those there..."He said as he had forgotten about a ladder he built on the tree for this purpose.


*Dink...dink*

"Hm..."Sweetie's eyes slowly opened as she sat up in her bed. She rubbed her heavy eyes and yawned as there was another 'dink' coming from the window. She quickly put on a night gown Rarity had given her, and went to the window. As she looked out, she saw a little colt standing beneath her with a big smile on his face. Sweetie unlatched the locks on her window, and pushed it open.

"Hi Button..."She spoke as her mane begun to wave in the breeze.

"Hi Sweetie. Sorry to wake you up, but I really needed to tell you something."Button replied from the ground.

"I do too, but you can go first."

"Okay...my mom said she didn't want me dating anyone...but I'm still gonna see you, in secret. What about you?"

"I'm sorry...I was gonna say that my sister is going overboard with the whole thing, and is trying to get me to do all this girly stuff that'll make me look 'prettier'."

"huh...why?"

"I don't know...it's the way she is. She imagined the two of us in the fanciest place in Ponyville with me wearing a cute little dress, and you in a sharp suit."

"Well, at least she's thinking about it. I just want to go to a place we both enjoy, and where we don't have to be all fancy and posh."Button did his best to put on a posh accent. Sweetie put her hoof over her muzzle and giggled. Button smiled and giggled with her.

"Hold on a second."Sweetie said, disappearing into her room. Several seconds passed, and she returned without a gown, and a makeshift rope that was made out of sheets and blankets. She tied the end to the radiator that was bolted into the floor next to the window, and threw the other end out.

"What are you doing?"Button asked. Sweetie climbed out her window, and slid down the 'rope' like a firepony in a fire station. She quickly made it to the ground below, landing with the quiet thud of her hind legs.

"Coming to see you."Sweetie replied as she turned towards Button. Button could feel his cheeks rise with heat as Sweetie neared him. "So, do you want to go anywhere?"

"I wonder if the arcade is still open."Button replied.

"Only one way to find out."Sweetie said as she walked past button. She looked back at Button, and brushed the ground with her hoof. "Race you!"She suddenly leaped away, and begun to gallop toward the arcade.

"Oh it's on."Button said.


"I won!"Sweetie said as she stopped outside the arcade building, littered with neon signs and decorations, including one that flashed 'open'. Button caught up, and stopped.

"Gah...You...had a...head start."Button replied as he worked to catch his breath.

"Well, what are you waiting for."Sweetie said as she walked into the building. Button quickly followed. Inside, many fillies and colts were playing various games including some of Button's favorites such as Hydro Thunder, Ski ball, and Street Fighter.

"What should we do first?"Button asked. Sweetie scanned the arcade for a game they'd both enjoy. She saw the two Hydro Thunder seats become vacant, and immediately took advantage.

"Here."She replied and quickly grabbed one of the seats. Button followed, and grabbed the other. "What map do you want to do?"Sweetie asked.

"Oh, Nile Adventure. I love that map."

"...oh you've already lost."Sweetie said with a smug tone. She picked Nile Adventure, and continued to pick Banshee, while Button picked Razorback.

"Bring it on."Button said as the countdown clock began.

"Three, Two, One."The game showed. "GO!"

Button immediately felt like he was driving a powerboat through Egypt's Nile River, as did Sweetie. Their imaginations took them into the race, as they sped off into the first corner. Both of them immediately aimed for the golden booster power up floating ahead. Button, having the inside line on the turn, got there first, and took the booster for himself. He immediately pressed the nitro button, and rocketed into first place completely emptying the booster tank.

Behind him, he saw Sweetie take a few red booster power ups, and use them straight away. Just as Sweetie caught up, she ran out of booster, and became hull to hull with Button. Both of them looked at each other with determination as they approached a ramp. They both went flying up into the air, hitting two golden booster power ups. Button leaved his booster alone, while Sweetie used a tiny bit to get ahead.

As they landed, Button hit a red power up that moved left and right across the track, filling up the rest of his booster he could hold. He immediately pressed the boost button, and begun to catch up to Sweetie. Sweetie quickly ran out as Button came flying past, still using all of the boost he could. As they came around the last few corners, Button ran out of booster. Sweetie caught up as the finish line came into view. With no boosters left in either of their tanks, they resorted to ramming each other to get first.

"Come on..."Button said quietly as his boat struck Sweetie's again and again. As they crossed the finished line at almost the same time, they stared at their screens, awaiting for the games decision on who won. Sweetie's face lit up as a golden '1' appeared on her screen, and a silver '2' appeared on Buttons.

"Yes!"She exclaimed.

"Good race."Button said. Sweetie didn't reply. Instead she pulled Button into a hug, and held him tight. Too tight for Button. "Ahg...Surprise Bear Hug."Button said.

"Who's the best at Hydro Thunder?"Sweetie asked teasingly.

"You are!"Button said as he tried to bear hug Sweetie back. Sweetie released him and put in a name for the scoreboard. She simply put in 'Sbelle' and clicked next. The name appeared first on the leaderboard, putting the previous name in second. Sweetie looked at the name, and laughed.

"Haha, look at this. I beat someone named 'BillyHaysHere'."Sweetie pointed at the screen.

"Hey, that's me."Button said.

"What?"

"uuh...what else do you want to do?"Button quickly said, trying to stall as Sweetie chuckled. "Let's just get a drink."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the slow updates (again). I've been up to other stuff, and this has really turned into more of a hobby in my free time. Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
F*CK OFF 2013!

Also, I do not Own any of the video games mentioned in this story, and I have no idea who does. Do intention of Copyright