• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 8,407 Views, 129 Comments

A Sweet Button - Dramatic Stories



Sweetie Belle falls in love

  • ...
16
 129
 8,407

4-Two Different Problems

Two Different Problems


Sweetie Belle walked into Rarity's Boutique dripping with rainwater. As she closed the door, she heard hoofsteps coming toward her.

"Oh Sweetie Belle, you're absolutely soaked!"Rarity said as she trotted down from upstairs. She quickly turned turned left into the bathroom as she reached the lower floor, and came back out with a white towel. "Dry yourself off Sweetie. Mother and Father would prefer it if you didn't get a cold."

Sweetie Belle wrapped herself comfortably in the towel, immediately feeling the cold wet being replaced by warmth. "So tell me Sweetie, how did your little talk go with your friend?"Rarity asked as she sat on the couch. Sweetie sat next to her still wrapped in the towel.

"Well, I found out that he likes video games too."Sweetie spoke recalling the events on the way to the museum. "He also said that he liked me too and..."Sweetie blushed, "We've got a date on saturday."

Upon hearing those words, Rarity's eyes lit of with excitement. She gasped, and leaped up off of the seat. "Oh my word this must be done properly!"Rarity grabbed a line of measuring tape on a table nearby, and returned to Sweetie. As she begun measuring Sweetie's legs, she begun to speak in excitement.

"Oh my little sister's having her first date. I must make you a dress for this!"Rarity spoke quickly, but very fluently as Sweetie rolled her eyes.

"Do I have to?"She asked.

"If you mean do you have to wear a dress, then yes! It's an absolute must Sweetie. I mean it's your first date! It must be perfect. Oh I know I'll put together a white dress with...hm..."Rarity thought, "and foal blue patterns here and there."

Rarity took away the measuring tape and walked upstairs. Sweetie followed. "So what's the lucky colt's name?"Rarity asked.

"His name is Button."Sweetie replied in an annoyed tone.

"Such a sweet little name. I shall book you two a reservation at the fanciest place in Ponyville! Oh it'll be marvelous!."Rarity exclaimed. She grabbed a pencil and quickly sketched her idea of the dress that Sweetie would wear. Sweetie Belle never enjoyed Rarity going overboard with these kinds of things. Sweetie Belle had to help her enough with other dresses.

She only wanted the date to be something simple, like going down to sugarcube corner for a milkshake, or a day at the park. None of this romantic stuff with a candle between them and fancy clothing...


Button's House


Button sat at the dinner table with a smile as he observed his plate of noodles and tomato sauce. He gladly begun eating as his mother looked at him with a delighted expression. "Well someone's happy today? What's the occasion?"She asked. Button swallowed the mouthful of noodles in his mouth and spoke.

"Well there's this filly at school that I really liked, and I asked her out on a date and she said yes!"Button spoke quickly. Milano took a moment to process what he said, and looked up knowing the disappointment that would soon wash over her son.

"I'm sorry to say this Button but, I don't want you dating anyone right now."She said. Button's ears perked up as he stopped chewing his food. He swallowed again, and opened his mouth.

"What?"

"You're too young to be dating anyone right now Button. I'm glad that you're taking notice of some of the fillies at your school, but I can't allow you to date them. Not yet anyway."Button's cheery attitude faded as he more disappointment grew within him, just as Milano knew it would.

"But Mom-"

"No buts Button. You aren't dating any filly until you're older, and that's final."Milano's tone grew stricter as Button became irritated and angry. Button put down his silverware and stepped down from the table in frustration. "Where are you going young man?"She called after Button as he marched upstairs.

"I've lost my appetite."Button spoke in an angry Humgonian tone.

"Either sit down and eat, or it's no TV and video games for the rest of the night."Milano got up, and stood at the bottom of the staircase as the sound of Button's bedroom door slammed shut. "Make that tomorrow night too!"


Button lied in his bed, staring at the ceiling as Sweetie Belle lingered in his mind. He threw off his covers, and jumped out of the bed. He slowly walked over to his window, and stared out over Ponyville. From his second story window, he could see Rarity's boutique in the distance. Most of the lights in the building were still on, illuminating the surrounding buildings.

"Too young for dating."He said mocking his own mother. "We'll see about that. I'm old enough to date! I'll show her."The thought of saying 'I told you so' to his mother lingered in Button's mind. He looked back at the boutique, and saw the lights go out one by one starting from the bottom. He sighed in disappointment, and quietly said to himself.

"Goodnight Sweetie...we'll figure something out."He could feel his pulse pick up speed as he mentioned her name...every passing second he fell deeper for Sweetie Belle...

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait for such a short chapter. I've been insanely busy lately. I'll try and pick up the pace.