• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 8,407 Views, 129 Comments

A Sweet Button - Dramatic Stories



Sweetie Belle falls in love

  • ...
16
 129
 8,407

3-A Little Talk

A Little Talk


Side Note-I like the popular name Milano for Button's Mom, I think it goes well


The following day begun with thunder and lightning along with heavy rain that poured down from the clouds above. Button approached the school alongside his mother Milano, as did the many colts and fillies around him.

"Have a good day sweetie." Milano said, giving Button a peck on the forehead. Button cringed and pulled away.

"Mom~." He complained. Milano giggled as she turned to return home. Button rolled his eyes and walked into the school where his classmates were already sitting, waiting for Cheerilee to begin. Button put his saddlebag away, and sat in his desk. He turned around looking nervously, and saw Sweetie Belle staring right back at him with a similar expression of nervousness on her face.
*RING~*

The bell chimed loudly as Cheerilee walked into the classroom with her mane soaked and dripping, just like her students. She shook her head a bit, before turning to the class.

"Good morning class. I hope you've had a dryer morning than I" She giggled humorously. "I'd like to let you all know that we'll be going on a field trip today!" The entire class seemed to gasp in joy. "We'll be taking a trip to the History and Science museum." The class suddenly silenced for a brief moment, before a number of ears dropped in disappointment.

"Aw...~"They whined. Button seemed to be the only one who was rather excited to be going to a museum.

"It'll be fun."Cheerilee said in an attempt to brighten her student's moods. "The school carriage will be here in five minutes. Bring your lunch and saddlebags with you." The class departed from their desks, and retrieved their saddlebags from the back of the room.

As they returned to their desks, the door leading out of the classroom swung open, and a stallion poked his head through the doorway. "All set to go Miss Cheerilee." He said.

"Alright class, let's go." Cheerilee led the way as her students followed her into the school carriage. Button was last to board the carriage. He looked down the carriage to find an open seat, only to find his only option was right next to Sweetie Belle at the back of the carriage. He gulped, as he made his way to the empty seat. He sat down, and felt himself begin to tremble.

"Calm Down. We're only going to the museum." He thought to himself. He reached into his saddlebag, and dug for one of his prized possessions. Sweetie Belle watched us he dug, and eventually found what he was looking for. Button pulled out a small rectangular device that had a number of buttons on the sides. "This should do the trick." His thoughts were interrupted by a quiet gasp from Sweetie Belle.

"You have a JoyBoy too!"She spoke. She reached into her saddlebag, and pulled out an identical device, only Sweetie's was a bright pink colour. Button felt the pressure and nervousness suddenly flush away at the sight of the small pink device.

"You like video games too."He spoke, turning on his JoyBoy. Sweetie Belle nodded as she pressed the power button, and her screen lit up shortly after Button's. "Cool. I've never met a filly who likes video games." Sweetie blushed uncontrollably as Button begun to play Tetris.

Just as she begun to play, the screen on her JoyBoy suddenly went black. "Oh, I forgot to charge it last night." Sweetie said, putting the JoyBoy away. She crossed her hooves in disappointment. Button felt a feeling of selfishness wash over him as he held his JoyBoy in front of Sweetie.

"Uh..." He nervously spoke. "Here, you can play with mine."He put the small gaming device in her hooves. Sweetie blushed as he let go as she held it.

"Thank you..." The kind gesture reminded her of what she needed to do. "Button...I need to talk to you." She quietly spoke. She put down the JoyBoy, and looked at Button, who nervously stared back.

"I...I need to as well." He spoke.

"Last night...I..."She stuttered nervously, trying to find the right words to help the situation. "I was up getting a glass of water when my sister came in...she spoke to me about..." She paused for a brief moment, "something, and...it made me realize something."

"I couldn't sleep last night...for some reason...I, uh...I just...I couldn't stop thinking about you."It seemed as though his thoughts let out a massive sigh of relief the moment he got his words out of him.

"What do you mean?" Sweetie asked.

"Well...I just...well, I think you're really nice Sweetie...and" Button's cheeks flared red suddenly. "I think I like you." Sweetie's eyes widened as her cheeks flushed pink.

"...I had the same problems last night. My sister spoke to me...and it made me realize that...well...I like you too." Sweetie had the same feeling of relief within her. It took Button a moment to realize what she said.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah...you're pretty smart, funny...and-"

"Hey lovebirds!" A voice from the seats in front of them startled Sweetie and Button. Both of them looked forward, and stared at Scootaloo and Applebloom, who poked their heads up over their seats.

"Hey AB. Hey Scoots, what's up?" Sweetie asked.

"Nothing much, just eavesdropping." Scootaloo replied with a mischievous grin on her face.

"On who?" Button asked.

"Oh nopony really, just a colt and filly expressin' their feelin's for each other."Applebloom replied. Button and Sweetie realized they had been eavesdropping on them the entire time.

"Hey!" Sweetie's face scrunched up in irritation. Button only blushed furiously.

"Relax Sweetie. I won't judge you...at least you didn't freak out as much as Applebloom when she found out that we knew who she liked." Scootaloo turned her attention towards Applebloom, who knew exactly where this is going.

"Don't start." She said.

"What happened?" Button asked.

"Oh nothing. Me and Scoots just found out that Applebloom loves Pi-"

"One, day!" Applebloom cut Sweetie Belle off.

"I said it before, and I'll say it again. It was love at first si-"

"ONE. DAY." Applebloom cut Scootaloo off.

"Girls!" Miss cheerilee said from the front of the bus. "Please, sit down in your seats." Scootaloo turned back around giggling, while Applebloom only had a look of irritation on her face.

The carriage suddenly stopped. Sweetie and Button looked out the window, to see a large well built building in front of them. "Alright everypony. Please gather your things and step off the bus. Front row first, last row last."Miss Cheerilee said as the carriage driver opened the door at the front.

Button buckled his saddlebag around him. "This is gonna be awesome."

Author's Note:

Yes, I had to throw a reference from AskTheCrusaders...after all, that is the blog that started the idea of Button and Sweetie