• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 1,252 Views, 19 Comments

Stone - Sakura



Princess Celestia has a dark secret.....one she has been hiding for a millennia...

  • ...
21
 19
 1,252

Chapter 1

Chapter 1
30 years later

Princess Celestia just couldn't sleep. She sat in her bed, staring out the window, looking at the garden. She had looked the same statue for 30 years now, and it was honestly getting quite boring. The garden needed more statues for her to look at. Celestia suddenly had an idea.

To make sure Luna would not wake up until it was time to lower the moon, Celestia cast a sleeping spell on her sister. She felt kind of bad to do that to her sister, but Luna could not wake up until dawn. If she did, the consequences would be disastrous.

Seeing that her sister was asleep, Celestia left Luna's room and into her own. There, she opened the door leading out to the balcony. Celestia spread her wings and jumped off the balcony, soaring off of the castle gardens. She had an idea of where to go to get a pony, where no one would make a big deal if somepony went missing. The Canterlot Orphanage. Yes, a statue of a filly or two would look nice in the garden.

The orphanage was located a few minutes away from Canterlot Castle, so, given permission and weather, the foals could walk and play in the garden. Celestia always loved foals, they represented new life. But yet she was going to kidnap them to end their lives.

Celestia chose to look into the second story window. Inside, she could see three earth pony fillies sleeping peacefully. Perfect.

Celestia used her magic to open the window, and teleported into the room. She gently poked each of the fillies to wake them up. The fillies slowly sat up.

The purple filly with a flute as her cutie mark, probably the leader of the three friends, spoke up first. "What are you do here, Miss Pony Princess?"

Celestia replied softly. "Shhh, my little pony. I have chosen you for something special back at the castle. But you must never tell anypony else about this or they will want to come too. I have only selected you three for a very special job. Are you interested?"

The purple filly looked to her friends, who nodded in interest. "Ok, we'll come with you, Miss Princess."

"Please, just Celestia is fine. Now, I will teleport outside the window. Once I do, you will climb on my back and I will take you to Canterlot Castle. Understood?'

The three fillies nodded.

Celestia fired up her horn and teleported outside the window and began flapping her wings to keep her aloft. She nodded to the three fillies, who quickly climbed aboard her back. "Now, my little ponies, we must move quickly and quietly. We don't anypony to see us and get jealous because they didn't get the special job." She glanced back and saw the fillies nod.

Celestia began flapping her wings harder and started driving forward. After a few minutes, they arrived at Canterlot Castle. "We must be extra quiet now, fillies. Luna has had a long day and is very tired. She needs her rest so she can lower the moon in the morning. Now, the special job is in Canterlot Gardens. Do you know where that is?"

"Yes, Princess Celestia" The purple filly replied. She noticed that one of her friends, a blue filly with no cutie mark yet, named Rain. Rain seemed a little......off. The purple filly shrugged off and started following Celestia.

Rain, however, was more resistant. She knew that Celestia wasn't quite telling the truth about something, she just didn't know what. Something was there, though, but she just couldn't place it. She cautiously followed her friends.

Celestia was waiting for the fillies by a square stone pedestal. "Now, my little ponies, this is the special job. I need you three to model for me. You see, I am ordering a new statue from the stonemason, but I can't quite decide what I want to look like. You will model in different positions until I find on I like. Once I decide, I will return you to the orphanage. Now, if you would please get on the pedestal."

The fillies got on the pedestal. Celestia used her magic to levitate them into different positions. After a few, she found one she liked.The fillies were standing on each other's backs and looking happy. The time had now come to begin the process.

"When will be be done, Miss Princess?" The purple filly asked.

"Right now,my little pony." Celestia replied, firing up her magic.

The purple filly was at the bottom of the stack, felt a tingling sensation in her hind feet. She looked down. To her horror, she could see her back feet slowly turning to stone. " Miss Princess, what are you doing?!"

"You are my new statue, little ponies. Isn't that wonderful?" Celestia replied, adding more magic.

The three fillies started screaming with pain. The process was moving faster now. The purple filly was almost completely stone. "Miss Princess, please stop! It hurts!"

"It has only just begun. And don't bother calling for help, no one can hear you. I put on sleeping spell on everybody at Canterlot Castle. Even Princess Luna." Celestia replied sternly, keeping her magic to hold the fillies in place, as the top one was trying to escape. "PLEASE don't escape little filly, or you will have to be punished"

By now, the second filly was completely stone, and the top filly started screaming. She was clearly scared, and wanted it to stop. She hoped that this was all a nightmare, that when she woke up, she would be safe in bed.

"Oh no, this is very real, little filly." Celestia said, as if reading the filly's thoughts. The process was almost over now. A few more seconds....It was over now.

Celestia dropped her magic, admiring her work. She liked how this statue turned out, it being her first attempt. She looked up. It was almost dawn. Celestia went back to wake up Luna. Until next time little fillies...