• Published 13th Feb 2012
  • 6,911 Views, 73 Comments

Transformers: Harmony - megatron_91



The Transformers arrive on Equestria and Twilight Sparkle is the only one who can help them.

  • ...
11
 73
 6,911

Chapter 6

Transformers: Harmony
Chapter 6
By: Megatron_91

The sound of a rooster crowing filled the air in Ponyville as Princess Celestia’s morning sun began to peak over the horizon, bringing another day to the land of Equestria. As the fowl’s early-morning trumpet resonated throughout the air, the little town began to wake. Soon, shops and businesses all over the village were unlocking their doors, and throwing open their windows, ready to embrace the shining new day; all of them, except for one.

It wasn’t long until the rays of morning sunshine and the flamboyant rooster’s call began pouring into the town’s quaint, tree-house library, entering the bedroom of Twilight Sparkle through the large window placed adjacent to her bed. As the bright light beamed down on the sleeping unicorn, she began to mumble under her breath, lost in the land of dreams.

The small, lavender unicorn quietly began shifting, desperately trying to ignore the rays of sunshine and noises beginning to drift through the open window into her ears. The annoyed mare quickly pulled her star-covered comforter up over her head, hoping to preserve her slumber by blocking out the blinding light. Snuggling back into her crisp white sheets, Twilight stirred as the noises outside continued to prick away at her ears. Soon, the drowsy pony started murmuring softly to herself, slowly coming back to her senses.

Despite her best efforts, the lavender unicorn could feel herself beginning to wake up. As her mind gradually regained consciousness, she began coming to terms with where she was. The strong smell of oak made it obvious that she was in her house, and the scent of her shampoo on the pillow beneath her head led her to believe she was lying in her own bed.

As she began to squirm about on the white sheets, her eyes slowly opened, her vision slowly focusing as the light poured into the room. She yawned loudly and stretched as she lifted herself off the bed, using her hooves to rub any remnants of sleep out of her eyes. Gently setting herself on the floor, she yawned again, bigger and louder than the one before. She wearily made her way to the creaky spiral staircase that led down to the first floor of her tree house home.

Leaving her bedroom and descending the rigid wooden staircase of her large tree home, she stepped onto the main floor of the Library. Looking around the massive room--filled with towering red bookcases and thousands of different books--it was hard to imagine that it had been carved out of the inside of a powerful, sturdy, and towering tree. How the enormous leafy tree managed to thrive with over eighty-percent of its internal structure cleaved away was a mystery unto itself; however, most ponies attributed it to the powerful magical forces that seemed to be infused throughout the mighty oak.

Twilight sighed, passing by the young, purple dragon dusting some nearby bookcases as she made her way to make some breakfast. Her head was still slightly spinning as she opened her cabinets in search of something to soothe it.
“Good morning, Spike,” she yawned.

“Twilight!” Spike shouted, clambering down the ladder and following her into the small, modest kitchen. “Are you alright? When the others brought you home last night it looked like they were freaking out,” he said, explaining the mystery of how Twilight ended up back in her bed when the last thing she could remember was working on Applejack’s farm.

“Oh, I’m sure they were just tired from spending all day working at Sweet Apple Acres,” she suggested, walking over to the sink and filling a slightly dirty cup with some water so she could swallow the semi-translucent, blue pill in her hoof. “I must have passed out and they had to carry me home.” She chuckled.

“I guess so,” the small dragon replied. He walked by Twilight and reached under the sink to grab a frying pan so he could begin cooking some breakfast for his tired friend. “Did you sleep well?” he asked while rummaging through the fridge for some eggs.

“No,” Twilight sighed, a distraught look was displayed on her face. “I had a horrible nightmare about this giant metal monster chasing me around Sweet Apple Acres trying to kill me,” she explained, shaking a little bit as she thought back on the supposed dream, “and when I tried to use my magic to save everyone, it just blew it apart; we had to be saved by another monster,” she explained, somberly looking at the blue medicine sitting on her hoof, before she swallowed it and chased it down with a swig of water. “I failed Princess Celestia…” she sniveled, as she wiped away a drip of water from the corner of her mouth.

“Um, how exactly is that failing Princess Celestia, Twilight?” Spike cautiously asked as he continued his search through the fridge for an egg, throwing out some old lettuce as he did so.

“Think about it, Spike,” the lavender unicorn snapped, finishing off her cup of water before setting the empty glass back down on the wooden counter. “Whenever the Princess comes to visit or whenever we go to see her she always addresses me before anyone else in the group. It’s pretty obvious she considers me the leader of the Elements of Harmony,” she explained, walking over to the little dragon so she could find out what he was cooking. “Therefore, as leader, she expects me to keep them all safe.”

“Are you sure?” Spike asked, looking up from his pan. “That seems like a pretty tall order to fill, and I don’t think the Princess would want to put that much pressure on you.”

A sudden knock at the door pulled Twilight and Spike out of their conversation. The slightly agitated unicorn quickly glanced in the mirror sitting by the stove, straightened her mane, and wiped the remaining sleep out of eyes, before leaving the kitchen. The knock at the door rapidly continued as Twilight crossed the floor where, just last night she could imagine her friends dragging her unconscious body into the Library. She blushed slightly in embarrassment. Reaching the now visibly shuddering door, she threw it open, and was instantly met with a pair of bright-blue eyes and a long yellow-and-black snout.

“Hey, Twilight!” Bumblebee shouted a huge grin on his face as he looked at the lavender mare in the doorway.

“OH MY GOODNESS YOU’RE REAL!!!” she screamed in terror, shuffling back into her house as fast as possible, bumping into her rear living room wall as she desperately tried to get away from the yellow stallion in front of her.

“Twilight, calm down,” the Autobot scout said, entering the doorway into her book-filled living room. “It’s just me, Bumblebee. Remember me from yesterday, at Sweet Apple Acres?” he asked, cautiously approaching the panicking mare that had pinned herself against the wooden wall.

“Oh, you’re way more than just Bumblebee,” she snapped at the stallion, seething through her teeth. “You’re one of those metal monsters that tried to kill me and my friends!”

“What’s going on out here?” Spike asked, suddenly appearing in the kitchen’s doorway spoon in hand as he was mixing something in a small green bowl.

“Spike, run!” Twilight shouted in alarm as she looked at her companion. “It’s one of those monsters that attacked me yesterday at the farm! It wasn’t a dream--they’re real!” she exclaimed, throwing herself at Bumblebee in order to protect the baby dragon.

However, as she leapt through the air to tackle the Autobot scout before he could her harm her childhood friend, she passed right through his body like a ghost through a wall. She continued on her trajectory and slammed into the hard oak planks comprising the floor behind him.

“What the--?” Twilight asked, rubbing her head out of pain and confusion.

“Relax, Miss Twilight,” Bumblebee ordered while turning around to face her again. “You’re not gonna be able to touch my holo-matter avatar; it’s just a way for me to communicate with you in a more comfortable fashion. I can make myself as tangible or intangible as I wish,” he explained, readjusting his tangibility so he could help Twilight to her feet. “Also, I’ll have you know I have no intention of hurting you or your friend. There are two kinds of us robots here: the ones who want your head on a pike, like the guy who attacked you; and the ones who want to keep your planet from becoming their playground, like me.” He smiled.

“Whoa!” Spike exclaimed, drawing the attention of the scout and the mare. “You’re planet? Does that mean you’re some kind of alien?” the little dragon excitedly asked, having caught on to what the holographic stallion was saying.

“You got it, shorty,” Bumblebee responded, winking an eye at the younger dragon. “And right now, I need to take Twilight to see my leader. He’s very interested in meeting her.”

“Are you out of your mind?” Twilight exclaimed as she slowly back up towards her front door while never taking her eyes of the untrustworthy stallion. “I’m not going anywhere with you!”

“Oh, come on, Miss Twilight!” Bumblebee sighed in exasperation. “All your friends are already waiting for you,” he explained, pointing his hoof past Twilight and out the front door.

Twilight quickly spun around in the direction Bumblebee was pointing and, sure enough, there were her friends. Rarity and Pinkie Pie were sitting in the back of what Twilight recognized as Bumblebee’s real body, the one that had transformed and attacked the other monster on the farm. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy on the other hoof were sitting in a different wagon, a silver-and-black one almost identical to Bumblebee’s except for the silver-coated, red-haired unicorn standing in front of it. She could only guess that this was another of the strange robots like Bumblebee.

“Hi, Twilight!!” Pinkie Pie shouted from her place in the back of Bumblebee’s vehicle mode. “This is Bluestreak! He helped Bumblebee drive the big mean Incinerator off Applejack’s farm,” she explained, wildly pointing at the unicorn attached to the silver painted buggy. He simply bowed his head to acknowledge Twilight’s presence.

“What are you all doing!?” Twilight cried out in dismay. She refused to believe her friends could have been foolish enough to have just gone along with these two aliens. They had to have been captured or something, she thought to herself.

“Oh, do calm yourself, Twilight,” Rarity stated, looking out from behind Pinkie as the pink party-mare continued bouncing around the back of the small, yellow wagon. “These two are actually quite the charming gentlestallions,” she explained. “They simply wish to take us to their leader who has requested our presence, being the Elements of Harmony and all.”

“They destroyed Applejack’s house,” she retorted, beginning to remember more and more about the battle that had occurred at Sweet Apple Acres the evening before.

“Actually, my house is fine, Twilight,” Applejack chimed in, breaking off her conversation with the two pegasi next to her. Fluttershy looked to be having about as much trouble as Twilight was with the situation, but Rainbow Dash was holding her by the tail to make sure she didn’t fly off out of fear and panic at the prospects of meeting aliens. “There were some broken trees out front, but they honestly tried their hardest to make sure I didn’t lose my home,” the earth pony added.

“See, good guys,” Bumblebee spoke, approaching Twilight and standing next to her. He could still see the nervous look on the unicorn’s face. “You can trust me Twilight.” He smiled as he held his hoof out to the anxious mare.

Twilight sighed loudly after standing and staring at Bumblebee’s hoof for about a minute. She gently and nervously wrapped her hoof around his as the Autobot scout led her outside towards his main body.

“Hey! What about me!?” Spike asked, following Bumblebee and Twilight outside where he could see the yellow stallion helping the mare up into his wagon.

“Sorry kid,” Bumblebee shouted, looking back at the small purple dragon, still carrying his spoon and mixing bowl. “We were just told to grab these six, maybe next time!”

“Aw, ponyfeathers,” Spike cursed under his breath as he watched Bumblebee reattach with his cart and begin galloping off down the cobblestone path leading away from the Library. His friend was following shortly behind.

In the back of Bumbebee’s carriage, Twilight nervously stared down at the wooden floorboards. She twiddled her hooves in little circles as a million thoughts ran through her head. What if this was all a trap? What if they were doomed to become alien experiments? She looked sick as she peered out at the moving trees as Bumblebee continued moving down the road.

“Twilight, you have to calm down,” Rarity sighed, placing a hoof on her friend’s shoulder to reassure her. “You are a scientist, right?” she asked as Twilight nodded in agreement. “Then you should consider this a great honor! You get to be one of the first Equestrians, save for the princesses I hope, to meet an alien race of beings! Think about that!” Rarity encouraged, looking her friend in the eye.

“Y-Yeah, maybe you’re right Rarity,” Twilight said as a small smile appeared on her face.

…………

The ride up to the nation’s capital city had only taken a few short hours, during which time Twilight had remained silent, staring out into space as she concentrated on what she and her friends could do if things went wrong and this whole thing turned out to be some kind of trap after all. Next to her, Pinkie and Rarity were actively engaged in a conversation about Rarity’s new summer line and how Pinkie was trying to give it a “fun” name. She wondered how they could not be at least a little scared. As she looked around at the passing scenery she eventually fixed her gaze on the massive marble building rising against the city backdrop. Princess Celestia’s royal castle was framed against the deep blue sky as Twilight looked up at it, wondering if the Alicorn Princesses inside knew about everything that was happening, the aliens, the fighting, and the alien base right outside the city limits.

As the small convoy of vehicles turned off the main cobblestone road and onto an old dirt path that circumvented the city walls, Twilight turned her attention to the fake stallion pulling the cart along. Bumblebee seemed to be looking for something in particular, continuously staring at the thick, brambly woods that stood on the right of the road, scanning for something she could not see. He stopped the cart as he glared at a particular patch of forest.

Bumblebee let out an excited laugh as he pushed his hoof down on a small, mossy boulder sticking out from behind a patch of dried, gnarled trees.

“Sorry it took me a second there--we don’t usually use this entrance very often,--but I thought it would be better than taking you ladies through a mile of jungle to reach the main entrance,” he laughed.

“Why, thank you, Bumblebee!” Rarity exclaimed, looking down at the ye;llow-and-black pony. “It would be a shame for a lady, such as me, to have leaves and twigs sticking out of her hair when she meets a military officer such as your commander,” she stated, using her hoof to flick at her long purple locks.

Suddenly the ground began shaking around them as Bumblebee depressed the boulder even farther into the muddy earth in front of him. Up ahead, the dirt road began to split apart as sand fell into a rapidly growing crack in the ground and pebbles bounced around on two iron doors that were slowly sliding open. As the shaking ceased Twilight could see a large, dark passage had been revealed, hidden beneath the roadway.

Twilight’s heart skipped a beat as Bumblebee began moving towards the now-visible tunnel. This would be her last chance to escape; if she didn’t leave now, and something did go wrong, it would be all over. But, despite how much she was beginning to panic, something was keeping the young unicorn from leaping out of the cart and running the nearby city. She didn’t know if it was the fact that none of her friends were afraid, or if it was her innate scientific curiosity, but something was keeping her pinned to her seat as the group descended into the ink-black darkness as the doors began to rumble shut behind them.

……..

They walked in total blackness for a little while, slowly moving forward as Bumblebee and Bluestreak navigated the murky tunnel. There were times when Twilight thought she could hear a small clang in the darkness and she’d look in its direction (even though she knew she wouldn’t be able to see anything.) Behind her, she could hear Fluttershy starting to hyperventilate out of fear as Rainbow Dash desperately tried to calm her down, and in front of her, she could hear Pinkie softly humming the tune to a song she thought she might know. The whole tunnel had a strange, almost haunted feel, and that wasn’t helping Twilight’s nerves.

Unexpectedly the two aliens stopped at a dead-end wall. As Twilight’s eyes adjusted to the darkness, she could see a strange symbol inscribed on the barricade that matched the one on Bumblebee’s and Bluestreak’s bodies. Two, barely visible, beams of light began shining down from the symbol’s eyes as they examined Bumblebee and Bluestreak, determining whether or not they had access to what lied beyond.

“TELETRAAN ONE WELCOMES AUTOBOTS BUMBLEBEE AND BLUESTREAK TO AUTOBOT OUTPOST CELESTIA ONE!!” A booming voice filled the cavern, sending many of the ponies into a slight panic, especially Fluttershy, who almost ripped her way out of her multi-colored friend’s grasp and had to be held down by the much stronger earth pony sitting next to her.

Suddenly, a bright light began to fill the cavern, temporarily blinding Twilight, whose vision had grown accustomed to the darkness after the fifteen minutes they had spent in it. The symbol began to split in half as two massive, iron doors started slithering apart, revealing a long, winding hallway behind them. Not wasting any time on the slow moving gate, Bumblebee and Bluestreak took off down the hallway once the gap had grown large enough for them to fit through. They galloped at top speed down the snaking corridor, knocking the ponies in their carts off their feet. Fighting to regain her balance, Twilight was just about to yell at Bumblebee to slow down when they suddenly left the metal hallway and entered a large, spacious room. The unicorn’s jaw immediately fell from her face.

Entering the massive cylindrical room Twilight could see at least four more massive, metal robots staring down at her and her friends. Bumblebee and Bluestreak slowly circled towards the center of the chamber as Twilight’s head spun around in awe, taking in the presence of the alien visitors. One of them, a large, black one with massive cannons and a scar over his right eye, stepped forward to get a better look; while another, this one predominately red, with white accents running throughout his body, soon joined the first, smiling as he gently waved at her and her friends.

The other two, much to Twilight’s fright, didn’t look very happy to see them at all. The white-and-black one frowned at her when she looked up at him, the wheels on his back spinning in irritation and anger. The other one looked more annoyed than upset, but she couldn’t really tell since half his face was covered by a serrated metal plate not unlike a surgeon’s mask.
Bumblebee and Bluestreak finally stopped in the center of the concrete floor, allowing the ponies to climb out of their vehicle modes before they too began to change form and join their alien brethren in observing the newcomers to their base. As Twilight stepped out onto the cold, hard flooring, she noticed she was standing on the same face that had adorned the door and Bumblebee’s body. She began to wonder if this was perhaps their coat of arms, similar to how her brother wore a sun on his uniform when he served under Princess Celestia.

She quietly began walking about the room, watching as, all around her, the aliens and her friends were beginning to intermingle. Pinkie in particular was leaping around the area, jumping up and down in place as she examined each robot. Finally she stopped in front of the large, black one.

The pink party pony looked up at the alien, her jaw dropping to the floor as she did so. “What’s your name?” she sang, hopping in figure-eights around and through the robots towering legs.

“The name’s Ironhide,” he replied, smiling nervously at the much smaller life form as he tried to avoid stepping on her as she continued to thread between his feet. Suddenly, and much to his confusion, she stopped jumping and stared up at him, wide-eyed with the most startled look on her face.

“Applejack!!” The pink pony suddenly screamed, spinning around and grabbing her friend’s attention from across the massive, open room. The earth pony she was attempting to address was unsuccessfully trying to have a conversation with the white-and-black alien that had been glaring at them, earlier.

“What is it, Pinkie?” she asked, walking towards her after having given up on talking to the uninterested robot.

“He sounds just like you!!”

Laughing aloud, the red-and-white Autobot standing next to Ironhide slapped his ally on the back before taking a look around the room himself. As he walked from place to place, he noticed a small, beige pegasus cowering in the corner near one of the Teletraan terminals. She was covering her eyes with her hooves. The Autobot leaned down to get a better look at the shaking pony. He could see tears of fright running down her face and mingling with her long pink mane.

“Pl-Please go away,” she cried, refusing to look at him. “D-Don’t hurt me, please.”

“I would never dream of hurting you, little one. It would go against the oath I have taken,” the smiling Autobot happily stated in his gruff voice. “My name is Ratchet; I am the chief medical officer here. What is your name, my dear?” he asked, gently reaching forward and placing his smallest finger on her back to reassure her. The finger almost looked to be made of wood as did the rest of his forearms, but upon closer inspection it appeared to be made of a hard metal overlaid with the texture of wood.

“M-Medical officer? D-does that mean you’re a doctor?” the cowering pegasus asked, lowering one of her hooves so she could look at the strange robot with one of her baby-blue eyes.

Ratchet chuckled, happy to see the small pegasus beginning to open up to him. “In a way yes, I specialize in both surgical and on-field repairs,” he explained.

“I’m Fluttershy,” she finally said, answering the doctor’s earlier question while removing her other hoof so she could look up at him with her full attention.

“What a lovely name,” Ratchet said complimenting the pony, overjoyed to see her smiling back up at him. “It is nice to meet you, Fluttershy.”

From afar, Twilight watched as the robot known as Ratchet slowly made friends with the shy pegasus she had come to know over her years in Ponnyville.

“Maybe these aliens aren’t as bad as I thought,” Twilight said to herself as she continued to walk around the room observing as Applehjack, Ironhide, and Pinkie discussed Applejack’s life on the farm, and Rarity asked the robot with the faceplate, who’s name turned out to be Wheeljack, why it was that the “ears” on the side of his head lit up every time he spoke. Wheeljack’s door wings fidgeted and his shoulder mounted wheels spun in annoyance as he answered the white unicorn’s question. Suddenly, as she observed the amazing, mechanical life forms before her, a thought occurred to Twilight and before she knew what was happening her scientific curiosity got the better of her and she blurted it out.

“So, if you guys are robots, then who built you?” she asked.

The entire room went quiet upon hearing the unicorn’s question. She stammered a bit, trying to recover after asking such a strange question, but all that earned her was outlandish looks from all the assembled aliens and even her friends. She blushed profusely as the long, unending silence floated through the room like a bad odor.

“We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron,” a booming voice suddenly sounded from behind Twilight, catching everyone’s attention. “But you may call us Autobots for short.”

Twilight spun around to find the source of the voice and saw a seventh robot walking into the room from a nearby hallway. This robot, or rather “Autobot,” as he said they were called, was much taller than the others, and, based on his commanding presence and almost regal look, Twilight could guess that he was the Commanding Officer that Bumblebee had brought them here to meet.

“I am Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots,” he explained, looking down at Twilight while unknowingly confirming her hypothesis. “I am sure you all have many questions regarding why I asked Bumblebee and Bluestreak to bring you here,” he stated as the other ponies in the room began to assemble at his feet, staring up at him in awe.

“Yeah! I’ve got a question!” Rainbow Dash shouted flying up to look at the stoic Autobot leader eye-to-eye while poking him in the chest with her hoof. “What are you guys doing on our planet?” On the ground below, Twilight cringed slightly, wanting to facehoof at Rainbow’s actions; this was not the first impression she had been hoping to make.

“We are here to protect your world from the Decepticons,” Optimus calmly clarified, apparently satisfying the cyan pegasus’s question as she slowly floated back down towards the ground.

“Decepticons?” Twilight asked, glancing up at the Autobot leader hoping he would recognize her confusion.

“Remember that second group of bots I told you about? The ones that want to put all your heads on a pike?” Bumblebee piped in, answering Twilight’s question as she looked back over her shoulder at him. “Yeah, that’s them,” he stated.

“Okay, then; why are the Decepticon’s on Equestria?” Twilight asked aloud, turning back to face Optimus while raising an inquisitive eyebrow towards the massive red-and-blue Autobot.

“A fair question, Twilight,” Optimus admitted. He had taken a lesson from Rainbow Dash’s actions and leaned down onto one knee so he could better look the Equestrians in the eye. “They are here, in part, because our planet is no longer inhabitable; ravaged by millennia of civil war,” he explained.

“Ugghh,” Rarity gagged, sticking out her tongue. “Why in all of Eqauestria would you want to fight a war?” she asked as she shook her hooves in disgust. “Don’t you know that only leads to violence and death?”

“Indeed, Miss Rarity,” Optimus sighed as memories of thousands lost began to flood back to him, depressing the tone in his voice slightly. “But, we were fighting this war not for pleasure, but for control of our planet’s vast supply of energon, the fuel and lifeblood that powers all Autobots and Decepticons. It was our duty to keep it and the whole planet from falling under Megatron’s twisted control.”

“Megatron?” Twilight asked, raising another confused eyebrow at Optimus’s story.

“The Lord and Master of the Decepticons,” Ironhide explained, stepping forward to stand next to Optimus and look down at the assembled Equestrians.

“So what does any of this have to do with us?” Applejack asked, eyeing around the room at all the Autobots and at her friends hoping to find an answer.

“Megatron has not been seen or heard from in sometime,” Optimus indicated, his voice suddenly taking on a grave and much more serious tone. “But if his return is as imminent, as I fear, than we will need all the help we can find-- including the Elements of Harmony,” he warned, looking down at the shocked Equestrians below him.

…………

Miles away from the Autobot base and the alliance that was being forged inside, the Nemesis silently patrolled the skies over the Appaloosan desert. The massive starfighter was now hovering over a large mesa, its built-in cloaking device giving off the impression of a random desert storm. Inside, Decepticon soldiers desperately scrambled as alarms and klaxons blared throughout the ship; they ran about, back and forth, rushing to input a final cable into a nearby terminal or making sure the ship’s weapons were sufficiently stocked with ammunition.

“Captain Starscream, we have a visual sighting!” one of the small, generic Decepticon soldiers shouted as his clawed fingers flew across the console in front of him, typing in a dozen commands at once.

“Bring it up on the monitor!!” Starcream hissed, swinging his clawed arm through the air as he continued barking orders to the panicking crew.

The silver Seeker watched as the gargantuan monitor on the Nemesis’s bridge slowly hummed to life, flickering on as the troopers below quickly typed in the appropriate commands and coordinates. The screen finally began to display the image of the picturesque, blue sky located outside the ship’s cloaking device. At first, Starscream could not see anything out of the ordinary; but then, from the corner of the screen, the silver Seeker he saw it; the reason for all the panic onboard the mighty Decepticon vessel. A large, silver, Cybertronian gunship was screaming through the air, heading directly for the warship.

“All Decepticons are to report to the Nemesis docking bay immediately!!” Starscream roared, slamming his fist onto the intercom controls and bringing them online.

“Our glorious leader has finally returned.”