• Published 13th Feb 2012
  • 6,916 Views, 73 Comments

Transformers: Harmony - megatron_91



The Transformers arrive on Equestria and Twilight Sparkle is the only one who can help them.

  • ...
11
 73
 6,916

Chapter 16

Transformers: Harmony
Chapter 16
By: Megatron_91

Bumblebee moved silently through the war-torn streets of the Crystal Empire as he tried to find the Elements of Harmony. He ducked behind one of the large, broken buildings nearby to avoid a pair of aerial drones sweeping the area for survivors. As he held tightly to the wall he was hiding behind, he could feel it crumble and disintegrate at his touch. The smell of smoke, the burning skies, and the shattered, translucent structures surrounding him reminded the young scout too much of the Battle for Crystal City back during the later days of the War for Cybertron.

Crystal City had been home to Cybertron’s most elite, scientific minds. It was a beautiful city, constructed through the use of a special, stressed-crystal material that had been discovered by none other than the current head of Decepticon sciences, Shockwave. The inventions and technologies produced by the scientific minds within the walls of the city revolutionized the Cybertronian way of life for better and for worse. Just a few of examples of the groundbreaking tech to come forth from the city included holo-matter, data slugs, Realvision, and personal, subspace pockets; it was even rumored that the highly controversial, gestalt technology had been in development there.

Unfortunately, the proof of that rumor had revealed itself when the beautiful city of science fell during the fourth offensive of the Great War. Bumblebee himself had been the first scout to report on the incoming Decepticon attack from the neighboring city of Polyhex. The Decepticons’ artillery, at first, had little effect on the walls surrounding the city-turned-fortress, but it wasn’t long until Megatron deployed his secret weapon, the beast that would prove to be the destroyer of the Great Crystal City, the Decepticon monster known as Devastator…

The massive gestalt easily smashed his way through the walls surrounding the legendary, refracting gardens, allowing the Decepticon armies to swarm inside. From there the battle had not lasted long at all. There had only been a small regiment of Autobots stationed in the city to protect the few scientists that had refused the evacuation order. They were no match for Megatron and half the Decepticon army. Bumblebee had been the only member of his team to survive the slaughter and had to watch from a distance as the Cons reduced the once great city to a gargantuan pile of dust glistening in the sunset.

The yellow scout shuddered in disgust as the memories of Crystal City’s collapse resurfaced in his central processor. He silently thanked Primus that Devastator, and the Constructicons that composed him, were not part of the Decpeticons stationed on Equestria. He would not and could not allow what happened at the Crystal City to happen here. Suddenly, another sonic-boom rippled through the air, forcing Bumblebee to deploy his battle pistols and turn. He was ready to open fire on the incoming jet troopers.

However, instead of Decepticons hell-bent on killing him, Bumblebee was greeted with the image of another Ground Bridge portal appearing in the skies not too far away from his current position. The bursts of green-and-blue energy lashed out in all directions as the gateway began to slowly condense into a recognizable shape and open. A wave of relief passed through the scout’s body like the tide rushing up a beachhead. Now that Optimus and Ironhide were here they stood a realistic chance of repelling the Decepticon assault on the city. However, and much to his shock, only Wheeljack emerged from the other end of the Ground Bridge and landed in front of a large Vehicon drone.

“Wheeljack, look out!!” Bumblebee broke cover from behind the building and rushed towards his friend.

Responding to the scout’s sudden voice, the Autobot engineer turned around and shouted in surprise as he realized how close he was to the unusually large jet-drone. Wheeljack jumped out of the way just as the Vehicon took a swipe at him. Bumblebee’s plasma shots followed soon after and instantly began to tear through the weak, armor-plating surrounding the enemy’s head. The little, yellow scout unexpectedly flew into Wheeljack’s field of view as he delivered a powerful dropkick that knocked the drone’s head off its body. Wheeljack was impressed.

“What are you doing here, Wheeljack!?” Bumblebee questioned as he turned his attention from the deactivated drone over to the engineer. He reached down and offered his friend a hand in getting off the dusty ground. “Where are Optimus and Ironhide!?”

“Don’t worry about that, Bee,” Wheejack suggested as he stretched. “I still need to work out a few kinks in the warp field on the Ground Bridge,” he noted to himself. “Point is I’ve got the Elements of Harmony and Luna agreed to stay behind and open the bridge once Prime and Ironhide got back to the base, kay?”

Bumblebee stared at his mechanic friend with a confounded look that could only achieved after one hears the most foolish of things spoken. “Why didn’t you send the demigoddess to help us!?!?” he shouted while waving his arms in a panicked motion. “No offense, but I think she’d be a lot more useful in this situation than you are Wheeljack!!”

“Calm down, I know what I’m doing,” the Autobot engineer stated. “Now where are Twilight and her friends?”

“I don’t know! I was looking for them when you showed up!” Bumblebee exclaimed, filling in Wheeljack on the details he didn’t have.

“Well then, we better go find them!” Wheejack shouted while he transformed into his vehicle mode.

The vehicle in question was small, long, and not very wide. Wheeljack’s chest seemed to have formed a canopy folding over a cockpit that held two, leather chairs and a steering wheel. The four, rubber-ringed, spoked-wheels that adorned his robot mode had rearranged themselves and now sat on each side, with a pair in the front and a pair in the back. One pair sat under an iron hood that stuck out in front of the cockpit and the other rested under the back end of the vehicle as. Finally, the large, thin pipes that wrapped around his shoulders instead now wrapped around the back portion of the vehicle, above the rear wheels, and pointed straight into the air. Unbeknownst to any of his comrades, the Autobot engineer had invented a steam-powered car to use as his alternate mode.

A belch of white steam burst out of Wheeljack’s exhaust pipes as he barreled off down the road in search of Twilight and the other Elements of Harmony.

“HEY! Wait for me!” Bumblebee yelled as he transformed and took off after the speeding mechanic.

………

The battle for the Crystal Empire had been raging for well over an hour by now and Prowl was silently observing the landscape spread out before him. He could see numerous, crystal ponies making their way out of the main city. Their translucent coats glowed in the rays of the sun that managed to pierce through the thick layers of smoke that filled the sky. The ponies were heading towards the relatively untouched outskirts of their civilization, hoping their chances of survival fared better there. The Autobot officer and Shining Armor had managed to fight through the groups of Vehicons and arrive at the edge of the city in order to help with the evacuation efforts Cadence had been leading before she disappeared. The white, unicorn stallion had proven to be quite adept with the firearm Prowl had lent him and the Autobot was glad to have him tagging along as backup.

Unfortunately, Prowl had been forced to turn down his internal sensory array in response to the numerous enemy energy-signatures it had been alerting him to over the course of the past several minutes. Prowl was carefully studying one of the far off, rolling hills that his sensors kept picking up Decepticon activity at, but he had yet to find anything. All of a sudden he spotted something moving slowly up and over the hill and his optics widened in slight panic.

“GET DOWN!” Prowl shouted in alarm as he swatted the nearby Shining Armor to the floor. The Autobot leapt to the side just as a heavy, iron slug flew past where their heads would have been and struck the building behind them. The building instantly exploded from the force of the impact and showered the two soldiers with crystal shards and assorted other debris.

Lifting his head up from his cover, Prowl scanned the horizon again. His spark fell to despair as he saw battalions of tank and automobile Vehicons pouring down the hillside towards the city. Megatron’s ground forces had arrived.

“Umm…What are those?” Shining Armor asked as he spotted the new Vehicons rapidly approaching the city limits.

“Those would be Megatron’s ground based soldiers,” Prowl answered as he carefully studied the wind direction. “Which means this is about to get a whole lot more difficult.” He carefully began to aim his remaining shoulder missile into the crowd of approaching Vehicons and readied it to fire.

………

Rainbow Dash frantically flew through the blackened skies as she searched the ground below for any traces of her remaining friends. Her wings were beginning to get weighed down from the amount of soot sticking to them as she pressed forwards. Looking over her shoulder, she could see Twilight and Rarity on the ground below, managing to keep pace with her, but she needed them to move faster. They had to find everypony before something happened to them.

She screamed as she whipped her head back around. A Vehicon had emerged from the smog and was flying straight at her. She quickly darted upwards to avoid the dangerous obstacle. The drone flew under her without a care in the world; either it had somewhere much more important to be, or had somehow managed to not see her when she was right in front of it. She frowned, the skies she loved so much had been transformed into a warzone and everything was out to kill her. Maybe Twilight was right about helping the Autobots, she thought. Maybe it would just get her killed.

Before she could give the idea anymore thought, the cyan pegaus caught sight of a cream-colored pegasus flying close to the ground, desperately looking for a place to hide. Rainbow instantly recognized the long, pink mane attached to the mare’s head as belonging to her longest, living friend.

“FLUTTERSHY!!!!” she shouted as she rocketed down from the smoky atmosphere. She collided with her best friend and enveloped her in a hug as they tumbled down the broken road together. They finally came to a stop with Rainbow Dash standing over her friend. A huge smile was plastered on her face. Behind her, she could hear Twilight and Rarity sprinting to catch up.

“Rainbow Dash!” Fluttershy squealed as she recognized who had dive-bombed her. She returned the hug and the cyan pegasus got off of her, allowing her to get back to her feet. “Are you okay? I didn’t think Prowl had gotten you to safety in time.”

“Yeah, well, he’s pretty fast for a robot,” Rainbow admitted as she rubbed the back of her neck. Twilight and Rarity finally galloped up next to her before stopping to catch their breath. They gave Fluttershy a slight nod to acknowledge her presence. “So, do you know where Applejack and Pinkie Pie are?” the pegaus asked as she looked back to her foalhood friend.

“Oh yes, I was scouting ahead for them,” the timid pegasus explained. A tone of worry and nervousness was beginning to fill her soothing voice. “Pinkie hurt her leg during the first attack that separated us. Applejack is helping her move, but they have to do it slowly.”

“Take us to them.” Twilight ordered. She had caught her breath and was ready to follow the pink-haired pony as she turned around and began walking in the opposite direction.

………

It had taken some time, but Fluttershy finally led the trio to a burnt-out, husk of a building sitting on a street corner. The building’s windows and crystal were shattered, and the bricks that formed its foundations and walls were crumbling to dust. What remained of the roof had caved in on itself. As Twilight stepped inside, she could see the twisted remains of sinks and hairdryers, leaving her to make the logical guess that this was the city’s former salon. In the corner, where the most intact walls were still standing, she could see Applejack tending to Pinkie who was lying down on a massage chair.

As she approached, she could see that Fluttershy had not lied about their bubbly, party-throwing, friend. Pinkie’s left hind-leg was covered in scars and blood, and appeared to be bent slightly in the wrong direction. Applejack was quickly wiping up some of the dried blood with a rag she was wetting in a nearby puddle under the broken sinks. The pink earth pony smiled at them as they approached, but winced in pain as Applejack ran the damp cloth over her wound again.

“Pinkie, are you alright?” Twilight asked. Concern for her friend filled her entire body as she trotted up to her. She let Pinkie reach up and hug her around the neck, but quickly released her so the pink pony didn’t move too much while Applejack was working on her.

“I’ll be fine, Twilight.” Pinkie grinned. She turned and smiled to all the other ponies in the room. “I grew up on a rock farm remember? I’ve been hurt like this before.”

“Twi, I don’t suppose you have any spells that could help us out here?” the orange, earth pony asked as she looked up from Pinkie’s damaged limb. She wiped the sweat from her brow and looked to the lavender unicorn for help.

Before Twilight could answer with a ‘no,’ she felt the ground shake slightly beneath her feet. Looking down she wondered for a second what had caused it before she noticed that none of her friends seemed bothered by the sudden jolt. Had they not felt it? The ground shook again as Twilight was about to ask her friends for their opinions. The lavender mare began looking around the room for proof of the quakes when she noticed the puddle of water beneath the sink was rippling outward with each shake. By now, she could see her friends had started to pay attention to the miniature earthquakes that were filling the room and were starting to frantically search for the source.

The tremors came to a sudden stop, and an eerie silence filled the former salon.

Each member of the Elements of Harmony looked at the others, but none of them dared to make a move. Suddenly, cracked bricks, dust, and light filled the darkened room as the remains of the ceiling were ripped off the building like somepony opening a bag of chips or popcorn. The ponies in the room looked up through the exposed roof at the familiar face of Incinerator. He glowered back down at them and a sadistic smile spread across the Decepticon’s titanium lips.

“RUN!!” Twilight shouted in alarm. She cast her magic around Pinkie and lifted the party pony into the air before taking off through the side of the salon they had entered through earlier. Behind her the rest of her friends followed, desperately trying to escape from the towering Decepticon.

Incinerator bellowed in amusement as he watched the smaller creatures scramble. “There’s no escape!!” his thunderous voice boomed. He raised a foot and brought it crashing through the side of the building in front of him, sending debris spraying in every direction as he began to chase after them. The salon instantly started to collapse to dust the second Incinerator stepped inside.

Moving with a speed she didn’t even know she had, Twilight sprinted out of the entrance as fast as possible. She could hear the sounds of cracking stones and snapping glass as the crystal-and-brick building caved in behind her. Turning around, the lavender unicorn checked to make sure her friends had safely gotten out of the demolished structure. She could see Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy all galloping after her; for a brief second she panicked when she couldn’t find Pinkie, but quickly remembered she was holding the party pony above her head on a waft of magic. She continued to look over her shoulder and caught sight of Incinerator’s glowing, red eyes emerging from the cloud of dust and debris lingering over the fallen building. He was charging straight at them. This was going to be just like what happened at Sweet Apple Acres.

The lavender mare returned her attention to the road in front of her. Many buildings along the sides of the street had been toppled over and were now blocking the side roads that led deeper into the city. As she continued to sprint forward, Twilight scanned the street for any opening that might give them a chance to escape from the psychopathic robot chasing after them. A small narrow passage between two, leaning skyscrapers revealed itself to them as they drew closer to the piles of fallen buildings.
Twilight instantly began turning towards the escape tunnel, hoping she would be able to fit inside with Pinkie still hovering over her head.

A sudden burst of plasma flew over her head and struck one of the two skyscrapers that helped form the tunnel. The building groaned and cracked as the remains of its foundations were shattered by the bolt of energy. The entire structure began to splinter and split across the middle before falling inwards towards the adjacent skyscraper. The enormous tower viciously slammed into the neighboring building, releasing a massive cloud of debris into the air. As the cloud settled, Twilight could see that their only chance of escape was now filled with the rubble of the destroyed skyscraper.

“I told you there was no escape,” the large, silver Decepticon growled as he appeared behind them. He wasn’t even bothering to run anymore. He didn’t need to; he had them boxed in with walls of debris on three sides and himself at the other. “And this time, there’s no one here to save you.”

“Think again visor-face!!”

The six equestrians looked around for the familiar voice and soon spotted Bumblebee crouched on one of the walls of debris to their right. The little Autobot had a look of determination welded to his face as he stared down the much larger Decepticon.
With a leap that could make a bullfrog jealous, the yellow scout propelled himself high into the air and landed on top of Incinerator’s massive, pylon-like shoulders. He quickly shifted his arm into battle pistol form and opened fire on the Decepticon’s head, attempting to do as much damage as possible before his opponent inevitably grabbed him. Bumblebee’s surprise attack instantly caused Incinerator to begin flailing about as he tried to knock the Autobot off.

As the scout continued his onslaught, the noise of a blaring horn drew the attention of the collected Equestrians away from the struggling Decepticon. Wheeljack was driving up to them and transforming back into robot mode as he did so.

“Ladies!!” he announced as he finished his alteration and stood proudly before them. “I believe these belong to you!!” The Autobot engineer opened his chest cavity and removed five, golden necklaces and a large, golden crown that each contained a gem in the shape of their respective owner’s Cutie Mark. As he set them on the ground for Twilight and her friends to collect, Incinerator’s massive arm swung by as he tried to tear Bumblebee off his body and slammed directly into Wheeljack’s chest.

“WHEELJACK!!” Twilight shouted in alarm as she watched the mechanic sail through the air and land face first in a nearby pile of broken crystal and brick. He appeared to have been severely damaged from the force of the blow. Looking at her damaged friend, an expression of pure anger and rage crossed over the young unicorn’s face.

“Alright ladies, let’s do this!” she growled in anger. She gently sat Pinkie down before using magic to attach the various necklaces around her friend’s necks and placing the large, golden crown on her forehead.

Not paying any attention to the Equestrians at his feet, Incinerator finally managed to grab hold of the elusive Autobot scout and fling him off and into a nearby building. As he turned to look at the Equestrians below, he saw that they were now wearing some kind of jewelry. “What? Do you come with accessories now?” he chided as he took a step forwards and readied his arm mounted, Gatling-gun.

Twilight breathed in deep as she felt the magic of the Elements of Harmony flow throughout her and her friends. The magic of friendship shared between them grew to its zenith, and the jewels on each of their respective Elements began to hum and give off excess energy in the form of their Cutie Marks. The familiar sensation of being lifted into the air soon flooded Twilight’s body as the Elements charged themselves with the magic from her and her friend’s bodies. A magical aura of protection surrounded the six equestrians as they began to hover into the sky. Almost instinctively, the magic rearranged the now airborne Elements of Harmony into a circular pattern.

“What the frag is this!?” Incinerator roared with fright as he watched the six ponies he had been hunting begin to glow with otherworldly energy. Nobody ever told him the fragging horses were capable of doing something like this.

From his place where Incinerator had dropped him, Bumblebee gawked at the sight of the Elements of Harmony with amazement. He was speechless. He knew Optimus had said the Elements were powerful but he had not been expecting this.

Twilight’s eyes were filled with a pure, white light as she slowly opened them to face down the attacking Incinerator. Twin rainbows of energy began to flow outwards from the crest on her crown, one started to loop through her friends assembled to her right and one looped through her friends on the left. The twin rainbows gained more and more energy as they passed through the gem on each pony’s necklace. Soon, the colorful arches met together behind the group of flying Equestrians and merged into one, massive, rainbow of energy that arced high into the air before thundering back down towards its intended target with a loud sonic-boom.

Incinerator roared in pain as the serpentine rainbow struck through his abdomen, creating a shower of sparks in the process. He could feel the unnatural sensation of every molecule in his body slowly transforming into stone. He watched in horror as his body was slowly turned into a statue before his very optics. Not willing to die a coward, the Decepticon raised his arm to fire only to find it instantly petrified by the powerful energy coursing through every part of his body. The last thing he saw before his optics turned to stone were the six equestrians he had tried to destroy glaring down at him with glowing white eyes. The magic ceased and all that remained of the once frightening Decepticon was a lawn ornament.

Slowly, Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie floated down to the ground below. The magical aura around them began to wear off once their hooves touched the street; they were exhausted. As they opened their eyes and regained their normal vision they were shocked to see the statue of Incinerator standing in the middle of the street. That answered the question of whether or not the Elements had any effect on the Decepticons.

“THAT WAS AWESOME!!” Bumblebee suddenly shouted, startling the six equestrians as he burst out from around the other side of the statue. “You guys were amazing!! There was the rainbow, and the lights, and all the noises!! And then the rainbow hit Incinerator and it tuned him into a statue!? I mean wow!! I totally didn’t see that coming!!” The Autobot scout had the face of an excited colt as he mimicked the motions of the rainbow wave striking Incinerator with his arms.

Twilight blushed slightly at the Autobot’s compliments before a nearby groan caught her attention. “Wheeljack!” she shouted as she remembered the Autobot engineer lying face down in a pile of debris. She and her friends rushed to the blue-and-silver Autobot’s side and began attempting to help him up. But, much to their dismay, he wasn’t responding to their pleas. His entire body was covered in cracks and bruises and his body seemed to be rapidly leaking Energon.

“Bumblebee, what’s wrong with him?” Rarity shouted in alarm, looking to the yellow scout for answers. She had now moved aside so the younger Autobot could get a better look at his wounded comrade.

“Don’t worry, he’s only gone into Stasis Lock,” Bumblebee explained, breathing a sigh of relief and leaning down to the mechanic’s side. “It’s the equivalent of what you’d call being unconscious.” All around him, the mare’s mimicked his relieved sighs, happy to know that the Autobot mechanic had not perished at Incinerator’s hands before they stopped him.

Not wanting to leave their friend exposed, Bumblebee asked for Applejack and Rainbow Dash to help him move Wheeljack into a safer position. As the mares approached, he began scanning the area for a suitable location, preferably one with protection in the form of some kind of cover. So preoccupied was the yellow scout and Equestrians with this task, that they failed to notice the sound of a dozen or more airplane propellers filling the air around them.

As Bumblebee grabbed the downed mechanic by the shoulders, time seemed to slow to a crawl. Before anyone could react, Starscream appeared out of the smoke choked sky and instantly began dive-bombing straight towards the ground and the assembled Autobots and ponies beneath him.

Shocked at the Air Commander’s sudden appearance, Bumblebee quickly threw himself in front of the assembled mares, taking aim with his weapons. But, as he locked on, he felt the distinct impression that something didn’t seem right. Starscream was the kind of Decepticon that would pick you off from afar. It didn’t make any sense for the legendary Decepticon Air Commander to get this close to his target. The yellow scout anxiously watched as Starscream transformed and began flying low and fast across the ground in robot mode straight towards him.

The red-and-silver Decepticon was now drawing dangerously close and, slowly, Bumblebee began to put the pieces together in his mind. Before he could shout a warning to his friends, the treacherous Decepticon lashed out, knocking Bumblebee to the ground and grabbing Fluttershy in one swift moment. Suddenly, he ignited a jet engine hidden in his back and rocketed off back into the sky with a maniacal chuckle. The cream pegasus screamed for help as Starscream carried her into the air.

“Fluttershy!!” Rainbow Dash shouted in distress as she watched her best friend disappear into the thick, black smoke hanging in the skies. She unfurled her feathery, cyan wings and took off in pursuit of the Decepticon that had dared to kidnap her friend.

“Rainbow, wait!!” Applejack yelled as the rainbow-hued flyer flew away. “What the hay just happened!?” she demanded as she watched Rainbow disappear.

“Frag it all to the Pit!!” Bumblebee swore as he lifted himself back onto his feet. “He must have been watching your fight with Incinerator the entire time! He’s probably already figured out you guys need to stay together for the Elements to work and is trying to keep you separated!”

“Well, unfortunately, he’s doing a very good job at it,” Twilight snapped as she rushed back over to Wheeljack so she could check on the injured mechanic. Inside she was worried about Rainbow Dash chasing after the Decepticon, but knew there was little she could do about it now. There was no way she could catch up with the cyan pegasus.

Bumblebee growled with anger as he lifted Wheeljack out of the rubble and leaned him against a nearby wall. It wasn’t near the amount of cover he wanted, but it would do. He too understood that there would be no point in trying to chase down Rainbow Dash. They’d never be able to catch her. The rainbow-colored flyer was on her own now. There were no flying Autobots, like Jetfire or Silverbolt, on the planet to give her back up.

“So what do we do now?” Pinkie asked as she hobbled over to her friends with her bad leg. Rarity was being kind enough to act as a crutch for the pink, earth pony.

“Well, I’m no strategist like Prowl, but what I do know, is that we need a plan,” Bumblebee announced as he rubbed his chin in thought. “From what I’ve learned about Starscream, I would say that if he’s bothering to check in on guys like Incinerator, which is what he must have doing before you guys used the Elements, then it could mean the Decepticons are close to completing their mission.” Bumblebee explained as the mares nodded along. “Which means Megatron may be dangerously close to finding the Matrix. We have to send someone back to check on that cavern under the library.”

“Then here’s what were gonna do,” Applejack announced. She stepped forward and took on a much more commanding tone of voice. “Bumblebee will go and find Ratchet so we can get help for Wheeljack and Pinkie Pie; Rarity and I will stay here to make sure nothin’ happens to them while Bumblebee’s gone; and Twilight will go check on the library, if Megatron is there, and that’s a big if, she’s the only one of us who even has a remote chance of taking him on.”

“ARE YOU NUTS!?” Twilight protested. She looked over at Applejack as if the orange farm-pony had completely lost her mind. “I can’t fight Megatron!”

“Yes you can, Twilight. You’re not givin’ yourself, or your magic, enough credit,” Applejack calmly replied. “You’re the only hope of keeping Megatron from the Matrix until Optimus can get here. You know darn well what’ll happen to everything and everypony we care about if that maniac can get his twisted hands on that relic. Use that motivation to give yourself the courage you need to fight if you have to,” she suggested as she pleaded with Twilight to help. She walked over and placed a reassuring hoof on Twilight’s back. “The point is you’re the only one we can turn to right now…”

Deep down, the nervous, lavender mare knew Applejack was right. She was right about everything. Somepony had to stop Megatron no matter the cost. “A-Alright,” Twilight swallowed as she nervously looked back up at the orange earth pony standing in front of her. “But what if something happens and you need my magic here?”

“I made you a promise before we left the Autobot’s base and I intend to keep it!” Applejack replied as she placed her hoof over her heart. “We’ll be fine Twilight, I promise.”

With those last words of encouragement, Twilight Sparkle slowly turned and began to gallop in the direction of the Great Crystal Library and, most likely, Megatron. She didn’t like the idea of leaving her friends in the middle of a battlefield; there was a chance that they could be killed. And it would be her fault for leaving if they were.

No, she thought to herself as she ran. She had to remember what Bluestreak had told her. Together, Applejack and Rarity were more than capable of taking care of themselves and Pinkie, they would be fine. Twilight needed to focus on the task at hand.

She shook the negative thoughts from her head and tried to focus on what her orange, earth pony friend had told her. The lavender unicorn felt sick to her stomach, but she tried to center her thoughts on Spike, her parents, her brother and Cadence, Princess Celestia, and what would happen if Megatron managed to obtain the matrix. She knew she had to stop the Decepticon Tyrant; she had far too much to lose if she didn’t.