• Published 6th Jun 2013
  • 477 Views, 9 Comments

Full Metal Horseshoe - Theta



War has hit Equestria, and us, the young stallions of this nation, have been called to fight. From enlistment, to now, this is my story.

  • ...
2
 9
 477

CoaFR: Second Place Dash

The one thing about that day that was good, was that all the three lived in different corners of Ponyville, so I had time to think in between each person. I was half way back to town, when I realized Rainbow Dash might be at a summer camp, Not sure whether or not that's a good thing. I mean, she has to know, but... But, how will she react?, "What'll she say about it?...," I thought aloud.

"What's up, Cascade? You look sad, what's wrong?," Dash appeared behind me, flying up when I was in thought.

"Err...Dash, just the pegasus I was looking for.," I let out an awkward laugh, "Rainbow, I have to tell you something. Something you aren't going to like very much. It'd be best if we go out to your training field."

"Uh, okay, if you insist. But I don't get what the big deal is, I mean it's not like your in danger or anything."

The walk to Rainbow's training ground was less than desirable. Everything around us was a blur; I was only focused on how I would tell her. Tell her everything; how would she react? Honestly, I wish I had brought a rain coat; the more I opened up, the more inclement weather struck me. Rainbow, it's been an amazing four years, but I'm probably going to die! See ya later!... Yeah, that's not going to fly. Fuck, I wish this shit was fucking easy...


Y'know, Rainbow wasn't always so strong. She came from Cloudsdale before eighth grade year started, to us she was just the new kid; we knew nothing about her. Well, until the last day of school; I found out everything. Up until that point, there might as well have been a screen of black smoke around her; everything about her was a mystery. All we assumed was that she was into hardcore sports; almost everyday she came into the classroom with a bruise or a few cuts. We were stupid, ignorant kids; we never saw anything wrong. Everything pointed to a simple answer, but we couldn't add shit up. Her lack of social skills, constant flinching, and her random sobbing. I, above everyone else, should have seen something. I talked to her, walked her home, even carried her books.

But everyday I walked her home, she would always try to delay going straight home; sometimes she took me out to a field to watch her fly, other times we walked around town till sunset. Then, eventually, she started following me home; my ma must've known something was up from the get go, cause there was always a bed she could sleep in at my house. By the end of the school year, Rainbow lived in my house; she had become part of the family. We got into daily routines; things like us alternating who would wake who on school days, or who would do their homework so the other could copy. Then, on the last day of school, I went to wake her up; but when I walked into her room, she was gone. Everything was normal, there were clothes littered on the floor, her bed was a mess of blankets and sheets, and her window was open.

Only thing out of place was a sheet of paper on her desk; she hadn't done homework in weeks. Instead, it was a sheet of paper; a letter.

To whoever finds this,

I need time to think things out, please don't come looking for me.
-Rainbow Dash

The first thing that hit me, was that we'd be late for school. The second thought I had was 'fuck school, Rainbow needs me.' I had no idea how Dash could walk around, it was still dark out and not even the street lights provided much light. But I knew where she would be. I knew she memorized how to get there, too. Unfortunately, I hadn't payed much attention when she took me out to the field. The walk out there was less than desirable; I knew where I was going, but I didn't know my way there. In the course of twenty minutes, I had tripped over three rocks, run into a tree, and had run from a bear. Turns out, they're extremely territorial, by the way.

The sun was on the horizon as I finally pushed through to Dash's training field; I saw something worse than what's out here. It was Dash, she was laying on the ground, not moving. She didn't even acknowledge when I called to her. I knew something was wrong, but what? I ran to her, only to find a small knife covered in blood, and a note next to Rainbow's unconscious body.

Cascade,

Only you would come out here to find me. If you're reading this, then you didn't read my note. Please, leave me here... I never deserved a friend like you, nor the hospitality your family offered me. I'm sorry for being a thorn all year, but rejoice, I'm close to being gone for good. You won't have to worry about me anymore; no one will. Goodbye.

That was the fastest I ever read anything in my life, I folded the note up and placed it in my back pocket; I looked down to see three cuts along her right wrist. She was bleeding heavily, and a puddle of blood had started to pool under her arm. Thank Celestia I was in the scouts, or else Dash wouldn't be alive today. I ripped the sleeve of my shirt off, and quickly tied the piece of cloth above her cuts; the blood eventually slowed coming out. With little effort, I was able to hoist her on my shoulder, and started my trek back into town and towards the hospital.

"Dammit, Dash, what the hell were you thinking...," I murmured to myself as I approached the hospital.

I nearly took the doors of their hinges, as I burst right through the front entrance, "Quick, someone help! She's lost a lot of blood!"

"What blood type is she, son?," Nurse Aid asked me, scribbling on a small piece of paper.

"I have no idea! Please, you have to help her!," I nearly shouted as I set Rainbow down on a chair.

"That's going to complicate things...Doctor! We have a situation, prep O blood, we got a gusher!," The nurse called around the corner, eliciting a loud response.

A swarm of doctors and nurses quickly surrounded me and placed RD on a gurney, and wheeled her into the E.R. for a blood transfer. I fell asleep as soon as I saw her being wheeled away; I woke about an hour later. The doctor from before approached me, seemingly sullen, "Son, you're lucky you got her here quick; even luckier you knew to put pressure on the area where she was cut up. But I have to ask, who is her legal guardian? We need a signature and payment in order to release her."

"Umm, I have no idea, to be honest. She's been staying at my house for most of this school year... I think it'd be best to call my parents.," I was reluctant to answer the doctor, mostly because I didn't know much about Rainbow, despite her being so close.

My parents eventually made their way down, and cleared up the situation with the doctor. Dash was out cold for the rest of the day, but at no point did I leave her side. I wanted to know why she did what she did, and I wanted to know if she was alright. But before I could ask, I had to wait until she woke up. The next few hours were silent, boring, and left me brooding. I thought that it was my fault she tried to off herself, that some how, some way, I fucked up.

It was around three in the morning when she finally woke up, tears of joy escaped my body and the first thing I thought of doing was to hug her, "Dash, I'm sorry. No idea what I did, but I'm real sorry, please don't do something like this again."

"Cascade, tell me I'm wanted...," Dash's eyes were staring straight up, and her voice had started to crack, "Please, just tell me I'm wanted..."

"I don't know what's got into your head to think you ain't wanted... Dash, everyone in my family loves you...including me. We were all worried sick that you'd slip into a coma or something. Hell, if I didn't like you, I wouldn't have tried to find you; I wouldn't have brought you here. And I wouldn't be this damn happy that you're alive."

Rainbow never responded, she just looked out the window. I thought that meant she hated me, so I turned and left the room. It wasn't long before I made my way out of the hospital, and soon enough I was on my way home. I didn't sleep that night, nor the next; my conscience didn't let me sleep. A thought always popped into my head, and I tried to rationalize it. What if she thinks I'm a freak for telling her that I love her... Fuck, man, you really fucking did it this time. Ya done fucked up again. A-fucking-gain.

After she was released from the hospital, life seemed to keep moving. Except, we barely ever talked after that.


"Dash...," I quietly mumbled to myself, coming back from the depths of my mind; realizing that we had made it.

"So, Cade, what's so important that you had to drag me out here?," Rainbow asked in an annoyed tone.

"I...Fuck...There's no easy way to say this... I-I got drafted this morning. Equestria is going to war, which means... Means I'm going to have front row seats for the fighting.,"

A quick look in Dash's eyes revealed three things; anger, surprise, and depression. "No... Damn Celestia, no! They...They can't take you! Dammit, you're mine! No one can have you... I don't want you to die! Please, don't go... Don't leave me here, you're the only one who understands me!," Dash's fury was at full throttle. She was about to take off, but I ran and tackled her to the ground.

"Listen to me. I won't die. I promise to write to you while I'm gone, and I promise not to die... Before I go, I have to ask you...You remember what I told you at the hospital all those years ago?," I peered into her magenta eyes, which were now flooded with tears.

"Yeah, I mean, I remember some of that night..."

"I told you that you were wanted...I told you that I love you. I still do. Had to get that off my chest before I left.," I rolled off of the cyan mare, and lifted myself up. With a lethargic walk, I started back to Ponyville, leaving Dash in the field to cool off. Only one more I have to confess to...The rest...well the rest I just have to tell. Still ain't going to be easy. I pray Rarity is out of town on business or too busy to talk...

Author's Note:

Enjoy. Rarity will be her own chapter, I'll probably combine the other three into one, and then I will get into the combat aspect of this story. Already got a nice scene in mind to explain why he is talking about all of this. It's going to involve a lot of blood. Okay, not a lot of blood, but still a good amount of it.

Comments ( 5 )

is this an anthro?:rainbowhuh:

2783476 Yessir it is.

2784414 Well thats cool, I personally always thought anthros were kinda weird, but I like this story, especially the way its being told, so I think I'm going to follow it.:twilightsmile:

2797403 Much appreciated! And thank you for the compliment!

Login or register to comment