• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 14,120 Views, 275 Comments

Spike: The Dragon Assassin - The Soviet Turtle



Spike, banished from Ponyville for a crime he didn't commit, he is'd discover by someone he didn't expected, and sent to somewhere were the beginning of his new adventure and life starts

  • ...
51
 275
 14,120

Apploosa part 3

As Spike and Nightingale walked into the bureau, after evading the royal guards. The den being filed with flags of the Assassin sign, weapons hanging on some walls, and pictures of ponies and other species. Some crossed out. They sat at a table with a map of the region, with it being split into three. North, East and West. The North seemed to be a light blue colour while the other two seemed to be a grey colour.

"Now, let's update you at the situation at hand. So far, we have been able to liberate the North sector entirely from Templars, but they try to come back once or twice. Like earlier today. But we haven't even started to find out what they're planning to do in the East and West."

"Where's the factory?" Spike asked. Nightingale smirked.

"Right in the middle of all three, just like Manehatten."

"Alright. Is there anyone that could help me?" Spike asked.

"Well, possibly. We got a message from the West District, which has the local law enforcement there. Saying that a new sheriff would be willing to help out and explain. And there has been some suspicions as a ex-Lunar guard is investigating the Cider factory. Seems like he wants to know what exactly The Templars are doing. So he might know a thing or two in the East district." She said. Spike Scanned the Map to find the Sheriff's office, he found it to be a little blue dot. He then rose from his seat.

"Alright. Thank you for the information."

"Anytime tiger...oh! I Almost forgot! Whenever your in trouble or need to get rid of some guards. Do this." She made a fist with her talon. " and will be able to help."

"How?"

"You'll find out. Now go get 'em." She said with a wink as Spike walked outside the den.

Spike headed for the West district, thinking the sheriff might be more co-operative then the Guard. He was still on the run after all. As he made his way there,he was almost spotted by the royal guard, but was able to hid in some crowds. He then found himself in front of the office. But as he walked in the building, he was unaware of the Pegasus guard that had spotted him. The guard flew off to warn the others.

Meanwhile as Spike entered he noticed somepony right away. A yellow Stallion Earth pony with an orange mane and tail. He wore a Stetson and a brown vest with a bronze star on it.

"Are you a- wait. Is that you Spike?" The pony asked.

"Yep, hello Braeburn. Long time no see." Spike said.

"Jet...Ah heard about what happened in Ponyville. Both when ya left and with Trixie. Did ya really take on all them ponies?" He asked.

"With some help, yes. But I'd like to forget something about that place. I'm here because you know what's going on here. What are the Templars are doing here?" Spike asked.

"Well...ya certainly have changed over tha years...anyway. There's been reports, or well, rumours. Of some poachers outside of town shooting Buffalo, then skinning 'em and sellin' them on tha black market."

"Where can I find them?" Spike asked.

"On the outskirts of tha west side on town. Ah'll help ya. Ah can't stand for them no good-"

"Halt!"

Braeburn looked behind Spike to see four Royal guards, each holding a musket. Spike still kept his back turned to them.

"Spike the dragon. You are to come with us back to Ponyville, to Princess Celestia's student, Twilight Sparkle." The leader said as he Approached Spike, he grabbed his left arm.

Spike quickly elbowed him in the muzzle causing him to grab it in pain, dropping the musket. Spike punched him in the chest two more times before uppercutting him, sending him into the air for a while right before fall to. The ground unconscious. The rest of the Guards got ready to fight. Spike deflected the first one's attack and head butted him, causing the guard to fall. But Spike was Nearly hit by a bayonet but dodged it in time. He grabbed it and pulled it towards him, causing the guard to let it go but still lung towards Spike. He quickly held his right arm out as the guard flew into it, knocking the guard out as the pony fell to the ground. The last guard charged straight at spike screaming. He just moved to the side, held a leg out, letting the guard tumble along the ground, knocking him out once he hit the wall. Braeburn stood there with an opened jaw and widened eyes.

"Ya...Ya just knocked out four of Celestia's finest."

"Well, we should get going them, because if this is the finest, no wonder those poachers are getting away with this. But first let's hid these guys" Spike said as he grabbed one and started to drag the guard, Braeburn followed suit. Soon all the unconscious guards where in a nearby cell.

Spike walked out of the building, with Braeburn following. They headed West, which seemed to have less royal guards as they went. Spike guess it was because there was enough enforcement there. But they did come across a barren street, expect for the four guards blocking the way.

"How are we supposed ta get through this?" Braeburn asked. Spike simply raised his hand a clenched it. An eagle flew overhead and screeched, then four arrows implanted themselves into the guards, causing them to fall dead.

"Well...that was unexpected."

"What's done is done. Now let's move." Spike said, Braeburn nodded and they moved on.

They soon arrived at what looked like an abandoned warehouse, guarded by two ponies with muskets. Spike quickly spotted a smashed window next to a stair of crates. He ran, followed by Braeburn. Both making sure the ponies didn't see them, and they climbed there way up to the window and made there way in.

they soon found themselves around crates and crates, and they seemed to be on the first floor because below they saw tons of ponies with muskets and huge crates. Along with some barrels of gunpowder.

"What do we-" Braeburn was silenced by a claw as Spike shushed him. He overheard a conversation three ponies where having.

"How many skins did we get."

"Only ten today."

"Only ten!? Last time we got about thirty!"

"Sorry, but with the guard increase and local authority becoming suspicious. We've had to be more careful."

"...fine. Let's get ready to ship this. We'll make a ton of bits from this."

That was when Spike noticed the barrel of gunpowder next to the three, which lead a trail of gunpowder barrels all the way to the exit. Spike pulled out one of his double barrel flintlocks and aimed.

"Spike. Ah don't think-" Braeburn had no time to explain as the hot cartridge hit one of the gunpowder barrels, causing shrapnel to fly into nearby ponies. A chain reaction caused the barrels to exploded. Soon the entire warehouse was on fire, as an explosion bursts out of the front door. Braeburn and Spike quickly exited the building via window and jumped from the crates as fire burst we out from the window.

The two got themselves up on there hooves and legs, they watched as the warehouse fell down to the ground in flames.

"Well...that ain't how it would usually happen. Ya know, guards and what not. But good work."

"Thank you. But I got to go, I have some more business in the East district."

"Good luck. It might explain why tha guards have been acting funny."

"Excuse me?" Spike asked.

"They seem ta just let some criminal varmints get away with some stuff. The criminals always seem ta have some sort of glass with chocolate milk in it."

"Alright, thank you. We may even meet again." Spike said as he walked back to town.

He soon found himself at a bar in the East district. He thought he might be able to pick some information up. Like in Canterlot. The barkeep came up to him.

" What'll ya have?"

"Pint of ale." Spike said as he placed some bits on the counter. The barkeep took the bits and went to the other side of the counter and filled the pint with ale. The pint slide down the counter until Spike's claw grabbed it. The drake took a huge sip of the ale, he then noticed somepony looking at him.

He was a blue Pegasus stallion with a lighter blue mane and tail. His cutie mark was a sword with two wings popping out from it. The stallion seemed to be keeping his eye on Spike.

But before Spike confronted The Pegasus. Four ponies which looked like the stereotypical western robbers, barged In with flintlocks in hoof. The leader who seemed to be a giant, was drinking a glass of chocolate milk.

"Alright, everypony hooves up!" One of them said. All of the ponies raised there fore hooves, even the blue pony that had looked at Spike early. Spike just sat there, staring into his ale.

"Hey, drake. That includes you to!" One of them says slowly walking up to him. Spike guessed by the tone of his voice, the robber was new to this.

"I said. Put your hands up!" The pony said as he grabbed Spike's shoulder. Spike activated his blade and he swung around. Cutting the robbers throat who fell to the ground. The leader choked on his milk, while the other two weren't quick enough to react as a Spike brought out his other double barrel flintlock and shot both of them.

Spike looked at the last one who was aiming his flintlock at him with a Smile. Until a sword made it's way through his chest. As the sword pulled itself back into the chest and behind the leader. Spike saw the pony who was eyeing him before.

As the leader fell, Spike quickly ran outside and started to climb roof's. He didn't want more attention from the guard then he already did. He soon found himself far from the bar.

"Nice shooting. At least somepony is doing something."

Spike got In a fighting stance to defend himself from the ponies voice. He turned around to see the pony that had killed the leader with him.

"Who are you? And What is your interest in me?" Spike asked.

"Calm down. My name is Bladechaser, ex-lunar guard." Spike slowly got out of his fighting stance.

"You continued to look at me in the bar. Care to answer why?"

"Yeah. Ever since the incident in Ponyvillle, The Lunar and Royal guard have been searching for you. And let me tell you this. It was the hardest months of the guard I think they've ever gone through. Your hard to catch I'll give you that." Bladechaser said.

"Mind telling me why you quit?" Spike asked, Bladechaser just laughed.

"Yeah, Blueblood sent in a special order, saying I was meddling with Royal affairs. I'm rogue now. But I think I'm doing more then the Royal guard is." This caught Spike's interest.

"What ever do you mean?"

"The guard 'round this district's letting criminals run wild and free. I've investigated it and found out that ponies that work for Flam have been bribing the head officer of the Royal guard, East district." Bladechaser said.

"Do you know where they meet?"

"Yeah, about a few miles North from here, in a tavern." Bladechaser said.

"Alright, thank you for the information." Spike said as he started to head North. While Bladechaser flew off to do his own business.

Spike soon looked through a window of a tavern to see a royal guard officer with two guards with muskets. And three other ponies, two with muskets, the other with a bag. Probably filled with bits.

What they didn't notice is a metal cable which connected the building Spike was standing on to their one. But Spike did. He pulled out his tomahawk and got read for a running jump.

If you where on the street below, and you looked up. You would see Spike sliding along a metal cable with a tomahawk before he crashed through the other building's window.

As he landed and got up, he noticed the guards and ponies with muskets where ready with there bayonets. The pony with the bits seemed to be trying to pull a flintlock out of it's holster. While the officer pulled out a sword.

Spike and the officers clashed sword and tomahawk, until Spike noticed all the others aiming there muskets at him. So he quickly grabbed the officer and used him as a shield as cartridges made there way into the officers body. Killing him. Spike got ready for the ponies who where about to attack.

As a guard and a regular pony both attacked at once, Spike pulled the guards towards him with the musket before stabbing the guard with it and shooting the pony behind him. Killing both together. Spike then blocked the last regular pony's musket with his tomahawk and stabbed him in the throat with his left hidden blade. Spike then pulled out his first pistol which still had a cartridge in it and shot the last guard. He the climbed out of the window and onto the roof. Before he reloaded his two pistols and headed back to the bureau.

As he arrived, he saw Nightingale and a bunch of other assassin's readying crossbows. Nightingale saw him and smiled.

"Hey there tiger. Whatcha find?" She asked.

" I have finished the Templar operations both districts."

"Really? Well, I think after this mission we can clean up what the Templars started."

"What is this mission?" Spike asked.

"To kill Flam. The guards are on to his doings. bribery, theft, murder. And no one can save him today...you interested in joining?" Nightingale asked. Spike just grinned as he pulled put his bow.

"When your ready."

________________________________________________

When Spike, Nightingale and the assassin's arrived. Flam and his loyal Templars and the Royal guard where having a fire fight In front of the factory. The Assassin's each took a position on the nearby buildings. Spike could see Flam dead ahead.

"On your go Spike." Nightingale said aiming her crowbar at one of the Templars. Spike pulled out an arrow and aimed it at Flam. He pulled the bow back as far as he could and took a deep breath before letting go.

Flam looked to his right only to see the arrow make it's way towards him. He had no time as it impaled itself between his eyes. He fell dead as arrows started to fly into his followers.

Soon all the Templars laid dead, the guard went over to investigate as the assassin's fled to the bureau.

"Nice job Spike. We'll be able to clean this town of anymore Templars." Nightingale said.

"Alright, my job is done here." Spike said as he started to walk away.

"Aww. Can't you stay here with me?" Nightingale said putting on a pouting face.

"That face only ever worked once on me." He said, Nightingale huffed.

"Oh yeah? Who?"

"I'd...rather not say."

"Ok...thank you for the help Spike. I'll see ya when I see ya." Nightingale said. Spike nodded and headed for the train station. As he headed home on the train he went into throught,

His trails on Flim where near to nothing. He was pretty sure Blueblood was in Canterlot castle and he knew Discord was in the gardens. He could only hope that news of Flim popped up. Because when it did. He would kill him, then Go after Blueblood. Hopefully stopping Blueblood.

Author's Note:

Merry christmas

Keep calm and tomahawk on.