• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 5,394 Views, 184 Comments

My Foal.... - Futile Task



A mother who abandoned, a child she gave up, and the story of what happens when they are reunited by the hands of fate.

  • ...
22
 184
 5,394

The Reason Why

It had taken a couple of ours for Applejack to sleep off the hard cider she had consumed, and now everypony was now sitting patiently down in the main room of the library waiting for Rainbow to speak. Rainbow herself was nervous as hell, for she had never really planned on how she was going to tell her friends about this dark corner of her life. Oh she had always planned to eventually, but as to how she wasn’t quite sure how to approach it, so like her dad had taught her she decided to go back to the start of the whole mess.

“Ok I know you guys know how I preformed the sonic Rainboom when I was a kid right?”

Everypony nodded; of course they knew that, “well this whole mess starts with that. You see I always had the dream of becoming a wonderbolt, and my parents were very supportive, especially my mom Firefly. But…but when I preformed the Rainboom; it all changed, and my dream became a nightmare.”

They all looked at her confused for a moment, and she quickly started speaking again. “You got to understand, my mom was supportive about my dream, but when she saw me perform the Rainboom…something changed. She no longer saw it as her child’s dream; she took it and turned it into inevitability. Every day when I would get home she would take me out to the training coarse and drill me for hours and ours till my wings were sore and my eyes stung, never letting up and only letting me rest for a few short minutes before forcing me into the air again. I…I remember dad trying to stop her but she wouldn’t listen, she was like a mare possessed.”

“As I got older I started to rebel, I started wearing my hair differently I started going to parties, I started hanging out with griffins. Then one night I found a pony, a pony I knew mom would not approve of if I started hanging around and dating.”

“Who was that then, some ruffian colt or something?” asked Applejack, still trying to sake off the hangover as she held an ice bag to her head.

“Nope,” said Rainbow with a smile, “it was Spitfire.”

“The wonderbolt?” asked Fluttershy with a skeptical look, “but she is a mare.”

“I’ll get to that Shy, just be patient. Anyway I met Spitfire at a club in clouds dale that I had been frequenting, and we hit it off pretty well, though it almost bombed when I freaked out after she tried to kiss me the first time. Turned out she liked mares and at the time I was more into stallions, but when I thought about how my mom would react, well lets just say I decided to see if I like mares as well.”

She started describing dates, where they would go out, and her friends couldn’t help but noticed how she seemed to glow when talking about her marefriend, which was definitely not in the norm for what they knew about Rainbow. “After a while I…I guess I finally fell head over heals for her, so when my 18th birthday rolled around I…I decided to do something that neither of us would ever really forget. I…I brought her back to my place, took her to my room and we started to make out. We ended up on the bed at one point and I realized this was it, this was the moment…and then I got a surprise I didn’t exactly expect.”

“What didn’t yah expect; her marehood drip on yah in a weird way, and this still doesn’t explain how yah had a kid without a stallion to rut yah senseless.”

Rainbow blushed at that, “w…well not to be vague but the stallion was um…provided for…”

Everypony stared at her confused for a moment, then Twilight gasped as realization dawned on her. “She was a hermaphrodite?”

“A herwhat now?”

Twilight face hoofed, and then clarified, “she had a dick instead a pussy right?”

Everypony turned to her then, looking at her like they had never seen her before. “Well-” said Rarity with a blush, “-that was blunt…to say the least.”

“Well I am sorry not everypony has as big a vocabulary as me which forces me to use more blunt descriptors but that’s not the issue! Now rainbow, did she have a…”

“Yes she had stallion parts instead of mare parts,” said Rainbow quickly.

“Oh…my…” said Fluttershy, her face flushing red as her overactive imagination started kicking in.

“Hey get your head out of the gutter Shy,” scolded Rainbow, causing her friend to blush even harder. “Anyways, yes she had the bits where it counted, so my first time turned into a lot more magical experience then I was expecting…at least that was till three months later.”

“Don’t tell me, you let her do the deed inside thinking it wouldn’t get you pregnant.”

Rainbow nodded, “I found out latter form her that it was actually more potent then standard stallions, so all it took was one go with me to get a bun I’m my oven. At first I was scared; I didn’t want to tell anypony for fear of things spiraling out of my control. But mixed in with the fear was a sense of hope and joy, for with that life growing inside me I had a chance to do things I wanted…to live my own life.”

She got shaky as she kept talking, knowing where her story was going and dreading the looks she was going to see, but she had gotten this far, she had to continue. “So I went home to confront my mom, telling her straight to her face that I had gotten pregnant and would soon be taking care of a foal of my own, living a comfortable life away from her. She got so mad, ranting about how this would destroy my dream and wreck my chances of ever getting into the wonder bolts, and that’s when I told her straight to her face I didn’t want to be a wonderbolt.”

Everypony looked at her in shock, “what…but…but you always wanted to be a wonderbolt!” said Fluttershy with a raised voice, her shock making her break from her usually quite demeanor.

“That was before my mom went and destroyed my ambition to become one, though in latter years Spitfire helped rebuild it again. Anyway that little tidbit seemed to make her just snap, and my life went downhill from there. I’ll spare you all the details, but it was because of my mom that I lost Scootaloo for so long…she…she took my foal away from me…”

She started crying, not even noticing as everypony walked up and wrapped her in a hug, even Applejack. It took her a while to calm down, but after a moment she finally hugged them back. “Thank you guys…I’m just sorry I didn’t tell any of you sooner.”

“That’s ok sugar cube, I just wish you had told me sooner, I wouldn’t have blown my top off if I had known that.”

“And this means your not a bad pony anymore!” shouted Pinkie, hugging her friend even harder as her mane and tail poofed back up.

Her friends eventually let her go, and she sniffed, wiping the tears from her eyes. “I just hope she is as understanding as you guys, I don’t know what I would do if…”

She stopped as the door fell in, and everypony turned to see Celestia standing in the doorway, her mane and tail billowing angrily around her as her eyes locked on Rainbow with a venomous glare.

“You.”

Author's Note:

Well I probably will be getting some backlash for slapping this bit of fannon in the face with my version. As always I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and if you guys have any questions or comments don't hesitate to drop them on by, I love hearing from you.