• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 6,874 Views, 199 Comments

Step-Sisters - Speedy Quill



Scootaloo has the worst sister in the world.

  • ...
8
 199
 6,874

Working It Out

"This is it! We'll definitely have our cutie marks after this!"

"This was a great idea!"

"I never figured our special talent could be yoga!"

The Crusaders walked across the meadow. There was a group of ponies gathering for their weekly yoga meet. After everything that's ever happened in Ponyville somepony had figured some relaxation was needed. Nopony could have guessed who that pony was though.

The Crusaders laid down their yoga mats in the front of the group, waiting for the instructor to start.

"Come on everypony! I wanna see you stretch!"

Pinkie led the group through a warmup, everypony sighing as they relaxed and stretched.

The Crusaders watched carefully and did their best to copy the pink pony.

Scootaloo looked at her friends. "Can you guys bend that much?"

She didn't need an answer. She could see that Sweetie Belle had tangled her hooves up and Apple Bloom had fallen over. She sighed to herself. They definitely weren't getting yoga cutie marks.

------------------------------------

Scoot tossed her yoga mat on the floor and buried her face in her cloud. Yoga was a bust. Why did nothing the Crusaders try ever work out?

She looked down at where the mat had landed. How could stretching be so hard?

Maybe it just took practice...

Deciding to give it one more chance, Scoot got down from her cloud and unfurled the mat. She sat down and assumed the position she'd seen Pinkie do earlier. So at so good.

She inhaled and closed her eyes. "Time for some relaxation."

"Relaxation?"

Scratch that off the list. Scoot opened her eyes to see Diamond Tiara standing in the doorway.

"Can I help you?"

"What are you trying to do?"

"It's called yoga. It helps ponies relax. Especially the ones that have annoying sisters!"

Diamond scowled. "If there's an annoying sister in this house, it's you!"

"What?! You're way more annoying!"

"Are you kidding? With you and your friends running around all the time, you're obviously annoying."

"And yet you're the one that goes around making fun of others. Nopony thinks that's nice!"

The two fillies glared at each other, their muzzles an inch apart by this point.

Scoot took a step back and sighed, sitting back on her mat. She closed her eyes and inhaled.

Diamond was at a lose for what to do. "Is that it? You're not going to argue anymore?"

No response.

"Ha! I win then!"

Scoot's eyes remained closed. "What did you win?"

"The arguement of course! That means I was right. You're the annoying one."

Scoot exhaled. "And yet you're the one annoying me right now."

She smiled to herself. Wow! This yoga stuff makes you smart!

"Well... You're just..."

Scoot opened one eye to see Diamond struggling for her words. Diamond finally groaned and sat down.

The relaxed pegasus opened both eyes and frowned. "Why do you always have to argue?"

"Because."

"That's not an answer."

"Well... I'm supposed to be better than you!"

"Why?"

Diamond was stumped again.

Scoot repositioned herself so she was sitting normally. "Look, I like arguing with you too. It's one of the few things we like doing together. But why does one of us have to be better than the other? Can't we both just be ourselves?"

Diamond looked shocked at the response. "When did you get so...smart?"

"This yoga stuff. I don't know what it is, but it works. And it really relaxes you."

"Can you teach me?"

"Sure!"

Diamond sat down across from her sister. "I could use this. I've been stressed about that math test tomorrow."

"Tell me about it! I doubt I'll pass."

"Me either."

"You think we should look at the review after this?"

"Probably, but will we really do that?"

"No."

The fillies laughed and started stretching.

Diamond looked at Scoot. "I'm sorry about the other day."

"You mean at school?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks. And I'm sorry about hitting you. And I really mean it this time."

"We'll I'm sorry I talked about your parents."

"Well technically we have the same parent, so you insulted Dad."

They locked eyes with each other as that sank in.

Scoot looked to the doorway and then back at Diamond. "That doesn't leave this room."

"Agreed."