• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 6,880 Views, 199 Comments

Step-Sisters - Speedy Quill



Scootaloo has the worst sister in the world.

  • ...
8
 199
 6,880

The First Visit

"I don't know about this guys."

The Crusaders were walking towards the mansion. It had taken a few hours of coaxing, but Scootaloo had agreed to bring the others over.

Apple Bloom nudged her. "Come on, Scoot! It's not as if we've never been around Diamond Tiara before."

True, but to have to deal with her outside of school? Scootaloo loathed her at school, but she also had to deal with her at home. That was one of the reasons she had never brought her friends over. She didn't want them to undergo the same torture that she put up with.

They reached the front door and Scootaloo pushed it open. "Wipe your hooves or we'll never hear the end of it."

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom stared wide-eyed at the sight before them. The front entry of the mansion revealed a grand hall with a huge staircase at the far end. The walls were decorated with paintings and other various art pieces.

"You really live here?"

Scoot nodded. She led the way inside, shutting the door behind her friends. Their hoofsteps echoed on the floor as they walked towards the stairs.

"What are they doing here?"

The voice echoed through the hall. The Crusaders looked for the source only to discover Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon at the top of the stairs.

Scootaloo glared up at the fillies. "What, I'm not allowed to have friends over?"

Diamond Tiara sneered down at the Crusaders. "You never brought them over before. It's bad enough having one blank flank in the mansion."

Silver Spoon turned around. "Let's get out of here before they burn the place down."

The two fillies walked away giggling.

Scootaloo shook her head. "I hate it when they get together."

Sweetie Belle turned to her. "But they're always together."

"Exactly."

Apple Bloom jumped onto the first stair and smiled. "Come on! We've got a whole mansion to explore!"

The Crusaders smiled and charged up the stairway.


Scootaloo took her friends on a tour of her home. They went everywhere from the dining room to the backyard garden. And every room brought looks of awe from them. They ended their tour at Scoot's room.

"Wow!"

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom looked around at the room they stood in. There were Wonderbolts posters and cloud diagrams covering the walls. A rainbow wig sat next to a photo of Scoot and Rainbow Dash. And in the middle of the room, a white cloud was floating a few inches off the floor.

Apple Bloom walked over to the cloud. "Is this yer bed?"

Scootaloo smiled. "Yep. Rainbow Dash helped me pick it out. It's one of the fluffiness clouds from the sky."

Apple Bloom jumped, expecting to land on the cloud. She fell straight through and hit the floor. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo giggled.

Scoot helped Apple Bloom stand up. "Only pegasi can stand on clouds. But trust me, it's comfy."

Sweetie Belle walked around the room. "This is so cool! I can't believe you never brought us over before!"

Scootaloo shrugged. "It's not that fancy. I like simpler things. You should see Diamond Tiara's room. It's awful! Glitter, gems and pink everything."

They laughed at the thought of such a flashy room.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The three fillies turned to the door. It opened to reveal a tall stallion. He wore a fancy shirt and coat along with a bow tie.

"Your father would like to see you Scootaloo."

Scoot took a step back. "About what?"

The stallion didn't respond. He stepped out of the doorway and beckoned her with a nod. Scoot began to walk forward. Her friends followed, walking on either side of her.

They followed the stallion to a large set of doors. They opened inward to reveal a large library. Or at least it looked like a library. It was in fact the personal study of Filthy Rich. And he was sitting behind his desk, filing through papers.

The Crusaders slowly approached the desk. Scootaloo tried to back away, but the doors had already shut behind them.

Filthy Rich looked up. A look of surprise crossed his face as he saw the three fillies. "Are these your friends Scootaloo?"

She nodded slowly. "Yeah. I thought it would be okay to invite them over."

The stallion stood up and smiled. "Of course! I'm surprised you didn't bring them by a lot sooner."

Scootaloo visibly relaxed. Maybe she wasn't in trouble after all.

"Now about the sculpture."

Drat!

Scoot fumbled for her words. "I didn't...it was just...I couldn't... It was an accident!"

Rich sighed and walked over to her. "I figured as much, but I can't just forget about it. Do you remember last week?"

She lowered her gaze and gave a small nod. Last week had been an old vase from before the rise of Nightmare Moon.

"Do you remember your promise?"

Another nod.

"You said it wouldn't happen again."

Her voice was barely audible. "I know."

"You promised more than you could give."

"I'm sorry."

Rich let out another sigh and pulled her into a hug. "I know. But you'll have to learn to be more careful. No more running inside. Okay?"

"Okay."

Rich let her go and nodded toward the doors. "Go on. Have fun with your friends. We'll talk later."

Scootaloo smiled and gave him a hug. "Okay."

As the Crusaders exited the study, they found Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon standing outside. Scootaloo stuck her tongue out at them as she walked passed.