• Published 31st May 2013
  • 2,769 Views, 47 Comments

Twilight's Secret Past - L_Wolf



Twilight learns a secret hidden from her past

  • ...
5
 47
 2,769

Chapter 1

Twilight was in sorting through some books in the library skimming the titles as to make sure they went to the proper place on the shelves when one of the titles caught her eye and she stopped. "The Sparkle Family History? How did that get mixed in with the normal books," she asked herself putting it on her desk.

She figured she would deal with that book later after putting the rest away. But as she went back to restocking the shelves the one on her family history kept calling to her so she stopped and went to her desk. The shelves could wait, she was curios about her family history now.

She took a seat at her desk and start to read about her family, she was a little embarrassed she had never read about her family history before. "Let's see here, the book starts ten generations ago. With explorer and map maker, Star Guide who made the modern map of Equestria." She said as she clapped her hooves together in excitement, before she went back to reading the book.

The more she read the more excited she got, learning about her family members. She learned one of her ancestral cousins on her mother's side was a founding member of Las Pegasus. While not a direct relative of hers it was pretty interesting to learn.

She learned though that most of her family remained in Canterlot and pursed careers in music, art, science, politics and magic. She made her way to her grandparents on her mother's side, learning that her grandmother, Melody, had become a moderately successful singer and her grandfather, Brushstroke, an artist.

On her father's side she learned her grandfather, Good Health, had been a successful doctor and her grandmother, Bright Spark, had studied magic and went on to teach other unicorns how to harness and focus magic. She stopped reading for a moment and thought about her grandparents on both sides of her family.

"I remember grandma Bright Spark, she is the one who got me interested in studying magic." She said to herself as she remembered her grandmother before going back to reading the book getting to her parents. Her mother, Twilight Velvet, a mystery writer and her father, Nightlight, an pediatrics doctor. Twilight smiled as she read about her parents then her brother Shining Armor.

She started to read about herself, a smart, young filly powerful in magic named Plummy. She paused. "What the hay!? Plummy! My name isn't Plummy," She double checked to make sure the words hadn't been smudged, but they hadn't. She turned to the next page and a stack of pictures feel out of the book of her parents standing at a table in a lab with a plum sitting on it.

She blinks abit looking at the picture and turns it over. "Twilight Velvet, Nightlight and Plummy..." She shook her head a few times. She looks through the pictures, all of them on the plum as events unfolded of unicorns preforming magic and turning the plum into a filly.

"What.. wait, this has to be one of Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash's pranks. I'm not a plum turned into a unicorn that's just silly." She said putting the pictures back into a neat stack and back into the book. She stored the book away and shaking her head. "That's just silly and stupid."

She went back to her work re-shelving the books in the library but she couldn't get her mind off the book and, Plummy, the idea was stupid. It had to be a prank by her friends. She sighed put the books back down in a pile and headed out of the library. "I'll straighten this out right now," Twilight said as she headed out of the library closing the door to find Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie to ask them.

She went to find Pinkie Pie first, since Rainbow Dash could be hard to find. She made her way to Sugarcube Corner and went inside looking around, "Hello? Is Pinkie Pie here?"

"Right here," Pinkie Pie said coming out of the kitchen smiling as she balanced a tray of cookies on her head. "I'll be with you in a minute Twilight," She put the tray on a counter as Twilight came over and started to transfer the cookies into a display case.

"Pinkie Pie, did you and Rainbow Dash play a prank on me today?" Twilight asked watching Pinkie work.

"Prank? No, we haven't been pranking in a while, why what kinda prank was it? Was it funny?" Pinkie Pie asked her eyes lighting up at the prospect of a funny prank, even if she hadn't been the one to do it.

"I found a book on my families history and it said I was born as a plum that was turned into a unicorn." She said tilting her head. If it wasn't Pinkie Pie, maybe it was just Rainbow Dash doing the prank by herself. She thought to herself.

Pinkie Pie started to giggle a lot "A plum? I can see that, your purple, plums are purple. But I didn't pull that kinda prank, it's pretty creative though. But if me and Dashie did that kinda prank would of stayed and watched like we always do." Pinkie Pie said giving Twilight one of the cookies.

She took the cookie and smiled, "Thanks Pinkie Pie," She said nibbling the cookie. Pinkie had a point, every time she and Rainbow Dash pulled a prank they normally stayed close and watched so they could giggle about it. "I'll talk to you later," she waved to Pinkie as she headed out of the Sugercube Corner.

"Bye Twilight!" Pinkie Pie called back and waved before breaking into fits of giggles again. "Plum, that's a good one." The pink mare said to herself as she went back to work. Twilight just sighed and shakes her head finishing the cookie as she went to find Rainbow Dash.

It didn't take her as long as she thought to find the rainbow maned pegasus. She spotted her tail hanging over a cloud as she lounged. Twilight looked up at her and yelled for her "Rainbow Dash! Hey, Rainbow Dash I need to talk to you"

Rainwbow Dash poked her head over the side, "Oh, hey Twilight what's up?" She asked as she glided down to land in front of her friend. "Thought today was your re-shelving day."

"It is Rainbow Dash, but I wanted to know if you pulled a prank at the library today," she asked, trying to now sound to accusing.

"Me? Oh no I didn't pull any pranks today I was pretty busy got a huge storm front moving in tomorrow and the whole weather team has to get the area ready for it." Rainbow Dash said stretching herself out. "Why what kinda prank was it?"

Twilight sighed shaking her head. "So it wasn't you either, someone added some pages to my family history book to make it look like I was actually a plum before I was born." Twilight said looking back at Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash just stared at Twilight for a few minutes before her face twisted into a big grin and she busted out laughing hard falling over. "Y.. you, a plum! That's a good one, Plumlight Sparkle!" Twilight rolled her eyes and sighed facehoofing as Rainbow Dash kept laughing hard rolling onto her side.

Rainbow Dash wouldn't stop laughing any time soon so Twilight left her laughing there as she made her way back to the library to try and find other answers to who would could of done it. But something caught her eye. She saw a piece of red fabric stuck to one of the lower windows and went over used her magic to pull it free looking it over.

"Of course, now it makes sense." She said to herself grinning before galloping quickly to Sweet Apple Acres, past the house and to the club house of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. She made her way quietly up the walkway and over to a window and listed closely.

"That was perfect, did you see the look on her face!" Twilight heard the voice of Scootaloo, "I can't believe we got away with it, such a classic prank Rainbow Dash is gonna love it."

"I don't know it seemed kind of mean," That voice, she could tell was Sweetie Belle, "And we didn't even get a pranking cutie mark for doing it."

"I know, I was hoppin` we'd get a cutie mark for pranks, and that was a biggin," Twilight know that was Apple Bloom, there was no mistaking the accent.

"Girls, girls, your thinking of this all wrong." That voice, it was familiar but she couldn't place it. "I promised to help you get cutie marks but you need to stop with the random stuff like this. Silver Spoon has been so lame lately."

Twilight blinks tilting her head abit. "Diamond Tiara?" She said to herself softly before moving around and uses her magic to open the door. "So it was you girls who did that prank." She said looking in at the 3 crusaders and Diamond Tiara.

"Twilight!" All four said at once looking at Twilight standing in the doorway of the club house. "How did you know it was us?" Sweetie Belle asked getting over the surprise of being found out first.

Twilight levitated up the piece of crusader cape she found up to show them. "Evidences of the crime, if you had read my family history book, my mom not only wrote mystery novels she use to be a private investigator before Shining Armor was born."

The three crusaders all looked down and pouted being as small and cute as possible before looking up at Twilight, "We're sorry Twilight, we wont do it again. Can you forgive us?" Sweetie Belle asked, the other two giving their most cute and apologetic look they could.

Twilight took a deep breath but smiled nodding at the three. "Yes I forgive you, but one mystery remains, why are you three hanging out with Diamond Tiara? I thought you four didn't get along very well."

"Well, truth is I don't hate the girls," Diamond Tiara said, looking up at Twilight. "We have our differences but a lot of it is Silver Spoon pressuring me and once I figured it out I started to talk with all three of them more and we learned we have a lot in common."

"Well I think that's a great lesson in friendship," Twilight said with a smile at the four fillies. "You shouldn't let peer pressure keep you from making friends. You never know the person your friends might think are lame, could turn out to be your best friend."

"That's right.... Plummy!" all four of the fillies yell at once, and Twilight face-hoofed at the name.

Comments ( 47 )

And, of course, her experience as a plum made it easier for her to change apples into oranges, Or something. :twilightsheepish:

This was fun.

This fic is, wait for it:

that explains why she is that shade of purple, and the fact that her horn appears to be a bit shorter than a normal unicorns.... must delve further into this *investigation on!*

Cute and well written, I like it :)

This story is so random, I can't even use the English word to describe how random it is. So I'll say some of its German translations. Zufällig, wahllos, willkürlich, planlos.

I mean, it's a no-brainer that the CMCs do dumb stuff, but seriously, trying to make someone think they are made out of plums? What genius comes up with stuff like that?

The only thing I don't like is Tiara at the end, as she didn't quite seem like contributing anything to the story.

But overall, it was a nice quick laugh!

2657593 Fred2266 gave me the idea for the story, the whole Plum idea, and Diamond Tiara is his favorite so I added that for him. But he is the genius who came up with the idea of Twilight being a plum.

Cute and funny but I don't see the the Diamond Tiara thing happening; at least with that explanation anyway. DT plays the lead bully role; she's the one that decides what they do while Silver Spoon is the follower. I could understand DT regretting her actions, or maybe that she learns SP is only pretending to be her friend.

Still, good work.

Didn't see that ending coming. Well done.

~Skeeter The Lurker

......................:facehoof: I can't believe this was made.........

It's all my fault, guys.......

2657925
Yes, yes it is. :scootangel: Still had alot of fun writing it and might get me out of this writing slump I been in and get back to work on Starbloom Chronicles. If not, maybe another short random thing like this one. Only time will tell.

2658063 Great to know I can be so instrumental in one's fanfiction journey! :pinkiehappy:

2657465
The base of her horn is blocked by her mane.

Oh I see how it is

Going to post this on fanfiction.net so more people experience its utter-greatness. Don't worry, you'll get full credit.

2658506 Cool :twilightblush: Okay, thank you

2659454 It's no problem. Such greatness should be spread wherever toast allows it on itself.

I was sort of hoping for it to turn out that the CMC pulled a different prank on Twilight, and that the plum thing was actually true. :rainbowwild:

The idea was good, but i felt that it was way too short. The story is very creative, but it lacks dept and was ended rather abruptly. Also, I agree with Sausagefanclub, I was expecting the CMC to have pulled an entirely different prank and the plum thing turns out to actually be true.

2661172
This coming from the person who said "...the fact that her horn appears to be a bit shorter than a normal unicorns...".

2660500 I agree. Would have been the icing on the cake if our little Twilight had really been conceived as a plum.

2661498 well, Twilight is a bit shorter than Rarity and teh other unicorns actually, so it makes sense that her horn is shorter.

2662100 And now, Twilight is bigger than all of them! :twilightsheepish:

2667498 They grow up......SO FAST! :raritycry:

If anyone is interested, I made a Part 2 of this epic story, with my own little unique spin on it. Of course, I'd recommend you read Lisa's story "Starbloom Chronicles", otherwise you'll be confused. It's on my page when you're ready....you'll know it when you see it because the title is long as butts.

2673926 I read it, it's actually really funny. :rainbowlaugh:

This kinda reminds me of a quote from a different story ...
Twilight "I'm not purple! I'm LAVENDER!" :trollestia:

2685388
Hehe true, she's more of a light lavender then a dark purple plum. :twilightsmile: Kinda like a Smartie :facehoof: Not gonna write that story though someone else can do her being a Smartie candies story. :rainbowlaugh:

2685957 :trollestia: I think this can be done....

2745050 If ya wanna take up the challenge of writing Twilight as a Smartie's candie you have my full support. :pinkiecrazy:

2657672 :applejackunsure: Not FAVORITE, FIFTH favorite.

Comment posted by L_Wolf deleted Jun 19th, 2013

2745059 Ohh could of swore she was higher up then that. :facehoof: Forgive me, I'm old. :twilightoops:

2745057 :rainbowderp: Wait....just got the BEST idea for a story like that, too.....

M'yes....this will do....-stores his idea away for later use.- :yay:

2745065 S'alright. And don't forget that Silverspoon and Twist are 1 and 2 respectively. :trollestia:

2745066 Ohh can't wait for that :twilightsmile:

2745069 I can....:rainbowderp: this is freaking nuts, even for ME.

2745068 I aint THAT old :derpytongue2: Twist do'n exist, she's Apple Blooms imaginary friend :facehoof:

2745072 Now I'm defiantly interested :rainbowhuh: And a little scared :unsuresweetie: If it's nuts even for you.

2745076 How DESPERATE could Apple Bloom BE to create an imaginary friend like.....like HER?!

I'm going to bed....

Not bad. Transitions are a little iffy but it didn't make the story unreadable. Consider it approved for Twilight's Library :pinkiesmile:

2783452 Thanks for the approval :twilightsmile: Never been good with transitions, or endings :twilightoops:

This reminds me of a story I read where Rarity got together with her friends and Celestia to trick Twilight into thinking she was a marshmellow, I can't remember the stories name though.

4710027 Really? That sounds pretty interesting.

Short or in-depth, funny or intriguing I keep seeing your work in the list of stories I like.

Also, I know I said I'd work more on Starbloom Chronicles but I've been horribly unfocused and busy for the last... year? Oh man I am sorry. I just left you out to dry, didn't I?

6313667 Really? That's strange. :pinkiegasp: Not sure why I keep popping up like that.

That's alright, I know things can get busy. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment