• Published 12th Jun 2013
  • 1,900 Views, 51 Comments

Over the Hills and Far Away - Yip



An epic adventure awaits the CMC... that is, if they can wrap their heads around it.

  • ...
1
 51
 1,900

III - Antipyretic

‘Apple Bloom, wake up!’

Apple Bloom hated mornings.

‘Come on, Apple Bloom!’ Sweetie Belle insisted, barely recognizable through half-asleep senses. ‘Oh boy, my sister is coming back today!’

‘It’s not like she can’t wait a few more minutes, Sweetie,’ Scootaloo replied. ‘You’ve been sleeping in every day we’ve been here. Admit it, you’d still be sleeping if she wasn’t coming today.’

Apple Bloom, moaning, slowly opened her eyes. As her sight adjusted to her bedroom’s light, her hooves began lifting her up from rest. Draped over her was a thin blue blanket—a few goosebumps still spotted her coat from the night before—and a pillow lay underneath her. She blinked, turned to her bed and saw a whole mess of sheets and pillows crumpled up in a heap.

They could have at least made the beds first.

‘Come on!’ Sweetie continued, tugging on Apple Bloom’s left hoof with her own. ‘You’re up, now we can go!’

Apple Bloom’s stomach growled. Great, she thought. Hope I don’t have to get used to this.

Sweetie continued to tug on the filly until, after several long moments for Apple Bloom, she shook out of her trance and lifted herself up from the floor. ‘Gee,’ she said, catching a glance to her bedroom window glowing a faint orange colour, ‘you could’ve at least waited until the sun was up for a few hours... got anything planned in case Rarity isn’t in town yet?’

‘I dunno, but we can kick around town if she isn’t!’ Sweetie smiled and hopped over to the bedroom door. Red was waiting on the other side, adjusting her hat’s position on her head.

‘Early mornin’, girls?’ she said, smiling. ‘Well, I’ll be. Is there something special you three had in mind?’

Scootaloo rolled her eyes and Apple Bloom groaned—both faced Sweetie Belle, who stretched her toothy grin as wide as she could. ‘Rarity’s coming back today!’ she said gleefully. Red’s eyes widened, then promptly narrowed as she glared—Sweetie quickly lost her grin, and faced a familiar jab strike her ribs. ‘Quit doing that, Scoots!’

‘Since when have you three been calling us by our real names?’ Red snarled. ‘I thought we already went over this.’

Sweetie Belle looked down on the floor and shuffled her hooves. ‘I’m awfully sorry,’ she mumbled. ‘I won’t do it again, I promise!’

Red closed her eyes and sighed. ‘I’ll take you up on that promise. As long as this doesn’t happen in public, I won’t pester you about it anymore. That aside, I bet you three are feeling mighty hungry.’

‘You have no idea,’ Apple Bloom replied, rubbing her eyes. Her stomach promptly reminded her of its emptiness with another loud growl.

Red chuckled. ‘Well, let’s deal with that hunger at breakfast! Got some delicious apple pancakes just waiting to be eaten!’

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo happily followed Red out of the room—before Apple Bloom did the same, she caught a glance at a familiar tome lying on the floor. She walked over to it and dusted it off.

‘This thing?’ The filly turned the cover over—nothing. She flipped to several of the book’s pages, but nothing yet was written down. ‘Aw. Not like I expected anything from this junk.’

Apple Bloom stuffed the book ,which she had flung to the side of her room the night before, into her saddlebag, and promptly hung it over her back. Maybe Bookworm would still want it, she figured. Journal, maybe?

'Hey sis!' Red called out from the bottom floor. 'You gonna eat anytime soon?'

'Sure thing, I'll be right down!' Apple Bloom replied, promptly exiting the room and heading down the stairs. The breakfast table was already set, heaps of red-dotted pancakes covering four plates on each side of its square surface.

'Dig in!' Red insisted, motioning her hoof to the table and taking one seat for herself. All three fillies quickly and eagerly hopped into their own, eyeing their food with fervorous delight. Red picked up a fork and set to work on her pancakes first—followed closely by the three fillies.

‘So,’ Red mumbled between chews, ‘did Bookworm mention what we’ve got planned for you three?’

Apple Bloom, still feeling a little groggy, did not respond. Scootaloo shook her head.

‘Well, them pesky Argonians still think they own the darned place, so some of us have been planning to drive the varmints out of their main camp near town. We ain’t gonna kill them or anything—’ Red looked to Sweetie Belle’s horrified expression. ‘—but we think it’s about time we told them to leave right where their camp is. All talky like, no fighting.’

‘What does that have to do with us?’ Scootaloo asked—but the smile on her face and the bounce in her seat meant that she already knew. It was time for adventure.

Red nodded, as if confirming Scootaloo’s suspicions. ‘Well, you three have been spending a lot of time in the Dungeoneering Association over the past week, so Bolt figured you’d want to do something exciting! If you want to come, you would be accompanying Butterfly, myself and a few freelance adventurers that want to help out. Don’t worry, I’d be keeping a close eye on you the entire time.’

‘But we can see Sapphire first, right?’ Sweetie said, eyes widening at the notion of not seeing her sister. Her eyebrows curled worriedly.

‘Of course. We’re leaving tomorrow morning so that we have sunlight on our side, so you’ll have plenty of time to see her today.’ Red pondered for a moment. ‘Sapphire should be fine with me taking you, Sweetie Belle. It’s not a particularly dangerous quest—mostly just the diplomacy I mentioned. The only thing that I still have to check is permission from someone you know, Scootaloo. It’s not like you can stay here forever.’

Scootaloo’s face froze.

‘Something the matter, sugarcube?’

Scootaloo shot a nervous glance at both Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom, the former shrugging and the latter too busy staring into space to respond—Scootaloo panicked. ‘They... they’re not here. They’ve passed away,’ she said sullenly, hanging her head and adding a sigh to the mix.

Red’s face froze.

‘I-I’m sorry, Scoots. I never heard about no recent passings in Ponyville... are you doing okay?’ Red walked over to Scootaloo and put a hoof on her slumped shoulder, who promptly nodded her head. ‘You can stay with us as long as you’d like. You’re under no rule to leave.’

Scootaloo sniffed once, raised her head and re-stated her nod. ‘Thanks, Red.’

Red offered a smile, removed her hoof from Scootaloo’s shoulder and returned to her place at the table. ‘Good to see you taking this so well,’ she said. ‘I won’t delve any further for now.’

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom—fully awoken by the recent turn in events—shot their fellow crusader a look of both confusion and surprise. She did not return the gaze, choosing instead to focus on the meal in front of her. For the rest of the morning, the table was silent. No more fervorous appetite, no excitement coming from Sweetie Belle--only silence.

~|O|~

‘Scoots, you doing alright?’ Apple Bloom inquired, walking alongside the other two crusaders away from her home. ‘You want to just stay home for the day?’

Scootaloo sighed, stopped and turned to Apple Bloom. ‘No,’ she stated plainly. ‘I’m not entirely upset. My parents didn’t really pass—’

What?’ both fillies replied, eyes widening in shock.

‘No, wait!’ Scootaloo pleaded. ‘They might as well have passed... when I woke up the day we got here, I was sleeping on the grass on the outskirts of town. There was no sign of my home, my parents—nothing that hinted at my family.’

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle stared, dumbfounded.

‘My parents were rarely home because of a busy work schedule abroad. When they were here, they were too exhausted to do anything with me. One of the workers at a nearby restaurant usually comes in to check on me and the house.’ Scootaloo closed her eyes. ‘My parents not being here is just another day like it always has been. That’s why I didn’t feel like bringing it up.’

Sweetie Belle’s eyebrows curled, but she hesitated for a moment before speaking. ‘Are you... are you sure you’ll be all right, Scoots?’

Scootaloo nodded her head and continued walking. ‘Yeah. Don’t worry about me, girls.’

The crusaders walked in silence towards the Dungeoneering Association. Halfway there, Apple Bloom tried to convince herself to say something to break the quiet air—a sight, or lack thereof, however, diverted her attention.

‘Girls, do you remember seeing a funny stallion in front of that building there?’ she said, stopping and pointing a hoof towards a flat-faced building. The other two crusaders shrugged. 'Oh, well... never mind, then. Let's head inside the Association.'

Apple Bloom stopped as her friends walked in, and glanced over by the spot where the stallion once stood. She grimaced; no use staring at the ground.

'Hey, you three!' Bolt's voice called out from inside, prompting Apple Bloom to hurry in. 'Did Red already tell you what's going on tomorrow?'

'Well, she didn't really give many details,’ Scootaloo replied, ‘but she mentioned stuff.’

Bolt smiled brightly. ‘Awesome, stuff is great. I'll fill you in a bit more at the bar with Surprise.'

The group passed by the entrance desk, receiving a friendly wave from Stormy. Bolt was humming a tune from the night before, but it was soon barely audible over the bustle of the Dungeoneering Association. There was no music being played, but everyone was still merry, including the current barkeeper.

‘Howdy!’ Surprise said gleefully, setting down a mug she had been cleaning. ‘Would anyone like some cider?’

Bolt frowned. ‘These three are like... how old are you again?’

‘I’m nine!’ Scootaloo said.

‘I’m nine too!’ Apple Bloom added.

‘I’m not,’ Sweetie Belle said plainly.

‘Exactly,’ Bolt continued. ‘The team heading out already knows the plan, but I figured it’d be a good idea to tell the fillies what their role will be at a place as casual as this.’

‘I could go for some cider myself,’ Surprise said, happily taking the mug she had been cleaning and turning around to a cider barrel tap. ‘Delicious stuff. Hope you three will drink lots when you’re older—life’s pleasures. The quest isn’t too tough... the others you go with will do a bit of talking, do a little fighting, maybe some killing—’

‘Surprise.’

‘Ah, right.’ Surprise turned to the group with a full mug and took a quick swig. ‘So they’ll do their thing, and you three will just tag alongside them when they do. Only one Argonian will talk to Bolt at a time, and any dangerous situations will be avoided, so have no fear. At least, that’s what the plan is supposed to be.’

‘Don’t go scaring them...’

‘They’re not scared! Look at them!’ Surprise looked to the three fillies; Scootaloo’s smile bridged her entire face, Apple Bloom’s was a grin nearly as wide and Sweetie Belle curled her lips. ‘Don’t worry Sweetie, you’ll be behind Bolt during the entire thing. Absolutely nothing to worry about.’

‘And that’s it,’ Bolt said, swinging her hoof. ‘Nothing too dangerous. Want to do it?’

Sweetie’s smile widened just like her two friends, and the three of them shouted: ‘Yes!’

‘Fantastic. I’ll go tell Bookworm—oh, and Sweetie, your sister is going to be late. But you might be glad to know that she’s coming along with me and Red since she really wants to make sure everything turns out alright.’

Bolt saluted Surprise and dashed off to Bookworm’s office. Surprise took another swig of her cider.

‘That’s good stuff,’ Surprise said, breathing a sigh of relief. ‘Don’t worry, Pearl will take over for me soon. A barkeeper can’t drink while she’s on the job, now can she?’

‘Certainly,’ Mutatio said from behind the fillies. His coat today was as white as Sapphire’s coat. ‘I must say, “Pearl” is probably the nicest name you've given me yet, Surprise.'

Surprise smiled. She downed the remainder of her drink and placed it on the counter, then exited through the side of the bar. Mutatio nodded once as she passed and took her place behind the bar.

'You fillies staying at the Association for a little while?'

Apple Bloom took a seat at the bar, and was soon followed by her friends. 'I guess so,' she said. 'Anything interesting happen around Ponyville lately?'

'Nothing much,' Mutatio replied, sighing and grabbing Surprise's glass for cleaning. 'Had someone sever one of their hooves while practicing his fighting with a hatchet. Stupid idea to do that in—'

'Wh-what?' Apple Bloom said, horrified. She looked to her friends, who sat with mouths agape.

'It wasn't very serious, girls,' Mutatio said assuredly. 'He's a pretty strong stallion, so it didn't do much besides leaving him in a bit of pain.'

Apple Bloom was the first to shake from her trance. 'Wait, is this like what happened with my big brother? That lethal injuries don't kill?'

Mutatio frowned. 'Is this your amnesia acting up? I can explain a bit further if you've forgotten about one of the most important things in the world. It's pretty essential.'

The fillies nodded quickly. Mutatio sighed.

'Well, everyone has magic inside of them, regardless of their race. As you know, unicorns can use some of this magic if they wish to cast spells... but there aren't very many with the ability to learn more than a few. Some are born with the ability to use lightning, some with ice and water, and others use fire. Well, you might be surprised to hear this, but earth ponies actually have the most magic of the three races.'

Apple Bloom grinned.

'Pegasi have the ability to fly, unicorns can harness their inner magic and can manifest it into something real, but earth ponies get the most magic for one reason: strength. That leads me to why ponies can sustain injuries.' Mutatio paused for effect. 'Magic immediately heals broken bones, severed skin, etcetera, just as long as no brain injury was involved and there's enough magic to do it.'

'So it was magic that kept the hatchet pony alive—and the Argonian my brother attacked?'

'I would assume so, although the report that an Argonian being in Ponyville was of much greater importance than the hatchet incident.' Mutatio put the mug away and fetched another dirty one from across the counter. 'As you train yourself physically, your body needs less magic to heal it since it's in such good shape already. And as you train yourself in the magical arts, your supply of magic gets bigger. It's an interesting dilemma for casting spells; do you cast one to defend yourself or save the magic for any injury you might receive?'

'What if you run out?' Sweetie Belle asked. 'Do you die?'

'You can't cast spells or heal, that's for certain. Everyone can feel the life force inside of them, so generally once you are almost out of magic, you feel incredibly weak. Once you run out, you can barely move and any injury you receive will last until you rest and regain some of your energy. It's not the lack of magic that will kill you.'

'Do the elements have anything to do with how much magic you have inside of you?' Scootaloo piped in.

'I don't know much about the three elements. You'd have to ask Bookworm or go research it yourself if you want to know more.'

'Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt,' a calm voice said. 'Is Bookworm in her office, Mutatio?'

Behind the fillies was a familiar yellow pegasus with butterflies as her cutie mark. She smiled to the fillies and rustled Scootaloo's mane, to her dismay.

'Yes, Butterfly,' Mutatio replied. 'If she needs me for anything, don't hesitate to tell me. I'm just telling the girls about how the world works.'

'Sounds fascinating,' Butterfly said. 'Might be a good idea if you tell them what Argonians are like so they know what they're up against tomorrow. They really aren't very nice!'

'Bet you saw that on your scouting journey, eh?' Mutatio gave a hearty laugh. 'The things you see on your expeditions would give a lesser pony a heart attack. Take it easy, Butterfly.'

Butterfly blushed, waved to the fillies and left for Bookworm's office. Just as she entered, Bolt left the office, stretched her hooves and went to the far side of the room where the staircase was in a hurry.

'Bolt's acting a bit peculiar,' Mutatio noted.

'Would you mind telling us a bit about the Argonians, Mutatio?' Apple Bloom requested.

'There isn't much to tell. They're bipedal lizards—they walk on two legs, that is—and they hail from some foreign land way off from Equestria. How the resident ones got here? I have no idea, but they tend to trespass where they shouldn't. Power hungry for land, I suppose.'

Apple Bloom pondered for a moment.

‘Anything else you girls want to know about?’

‘Actually, yes,’ Apple Bloom said. ‘Do you know anything about the stallion that likes to twirl his sword outside the Association? I didn't seem him today, but I saw him a lot before.'

‘What are you talking abo—’

Bolt burst into the scene, interrupting Mutatio with her heavy breathing and wide-eyed expression. 'M...' she gasped, clamouring for air, 'Mutatio... one of Moonshine's agents is in town, I could see a black-vested figure out my window. It looked like he was coming this way.'

Mutatio blinked a few times, then regained his composure. 'Do you have any idea what for?'

Bolt shook her head.

'Hmm... that's unsettling. I'll go take the front entrance in case they show up and hopefully send them along their way.'

Bolt nodded and looked to the fillies. 'Girls, I think you should keep away from the front. It might be a bit suspicious to have young fillies here at the Association, and we certainly don't want them peeking around, sticking their dirty noses where they shouldn't.'

'Who's Moonshine, Bolt?' Sweetie Belle asked. 'And what are you trying to hide from those guys?'

Bolt snorted. 'I'll tell you about him later. Come into the fighting room; while we wait this out, I figure I might as well show you a few things.'

~|O|~

Bolt dropped a peculiar curved, leather sheath with a sun-yellow clamp attach on the sharp end on the ground in front of her. The Crusaders watched on the other side, all of them standing on the archery range side of the Combat Room.

‘This is a sword,’ Bolt explained. ‘It may not look like it if you’ve seen others being used up close, but it is. It’s an easy-to-use, retractable blade you can use and keep on you at all times, given you aren’t in a public place. Keeping your sword out, sheathed or no, is a big no-no in civilized places.’

Bolt slid her hoof into the sheath’s circular clamp, which quickly tightened to her hoof’s diameter. ‘As soon as the clamp is within range of your hoof, it begins to sap a very, very small amount of magic from you to activate and tighten around your hoof—not too tight, not too loose.’ She lifted her hoof, and showed the fillies that the blade now conformed to the length of her right foreleg. ‘The magic it saps from you molds it to your leg so that it doesn’t bother you when walking. To bring it out—’ Bolt bent her elbow and swung the blade out of its sheath, revealing a glossy, silver shine ‘—you whip it out like so. Your body will automatically dispel the magical barrier preventing the sheath from coming out all of the time, just as long as your mind is set on releasing it.’

‘What about sheathing it again, Bolt?’ Apple Bloom questioned.

‘I was just getting to that.’ Bolt straightened her hoof, relaxed her leg muscles and raised it to the ceiling. ‘As long as you concentrate on relaxing the leg the sword is attached to, all you have to do it raise it into the air, straighten out and gravity will do the rest.’ The sword slid right into its sheath right on cue. ‘All without so much as breaking a sweat. Of course, sliding it out won’t be possible if you’re out of magic completely, but in that case, you’re probably too unfit to fight anyway.’

Bolt tapped the clamp with her other hoof and it came off effortlessly. ‘I’m not sure who designed these, but that’s all you need to do to get the clamp on and off. Really smart of them though, made our lives a whole lot better. This sword’s mine, but I’m sure we could get you som—’

The Combat Room’s door burst open, and just as quickly, Mutatio rushed from the doorframe to the fillies with an urgent look in his eyes.

‘Something very strange is going on,’ Mutatio said hurriedly. ‘I spoke with Bookworm already, but we need to figure out something and fast.’

‘Whoa whoa whoa,’ Bolt said, shaking her head. ‘What’s going on?’

‘At least a half-dozen of Moonshine’s agents were wandering around Ponyville’—Bolt’s eyes widened as Mutatio spoke—’all looking for one thing. Well, one was asking for three little somethings.’

Mutatio stared at the three fillies, who blinked and stared back. Bolt was the first to break the silence.

‘...Uh, what? What would Moonshine want with these three?’

‘That’s what we all want to know,’ Mutatio replied, keeping his gaze fixed on the fillies. ‘He hasn’t even sent anyone here to get our leader, Bookworm. I don’t remember him ever sending more than one guy, and that was shortly after the schism with Starswirl.’

‘So what’s the plan? Give him the fillies?’

‘Goodness no. Why would we give him what he wants? Have you forgotten what the Association was made for? And think of the fillies—what he probably wants with them isn’t good for us or them.’

The fillies gulped.

‘I was only saying that in case we would send an escort with them. Just to talk.’

‘Nevertheless, Bookworm doesn’t want anything concrete done quite yet. The fillies will stay upstairs until tomorrow morning. If they leave before they wake up, then they probably aren’t the main reason why they came around here and they can head back home or find whatever else they were looking for. Otherwise... we’ll have to talk about that later.’

‘What did you do with them?’

‘Told them that the fillies do visit here often, but that they were out doing something else. If I told them I didn’t know who they were, they wouldn’t have believed me and they’d likely be in here with all of us right now.’

‘Good thinking.’ Bolt sighed and turned to the fillies. ‘I think I already know the answer to this question, but do you have any idea what’s going on here?’

Apple Bloom shook her head. ‘Does this have anything to do with the stallion I had mentioned earlier, Mutatio?’

Mutatio raised an eyebrow. ‘Who is this stallion, anyway?’

Apple Bloom pondered for a moment. Her hoof tapped against her chin. ‘Never asked for his name. His coat was mahogany and he was twirling a sword of some sort.’

Mutatio wrinkled his snout. ‘Did he have more than one sword with him?’

‘No. At least none that I saw.’

‘Good.’ Mutatio breathed a sigh of relief. ‘There are a lot of mahogany ponies out there, but one in particular I’d rather not have on our tails.’

‘Who is that?’ Sweetie Belle inquired.

‘Don’t worry about it. I think you three should head upstairs for now, and remember to keep the windows and curtains closed. Be on alert if you hear anyone coming upstairs—this might all be a big misunderstanding, but if it isn’t, I’d rather have you safe and secure. Your sisters will be up with you later tonight.’

The fillies stood blank for a moment, then slowly nodded. All three tried their best to keep a light heart, but sweat began glistening over Scootaloo’s head, Sweetie Belle’s legs buckled and Apple Bloom took in deep breaths.

‘Come with me, girls,’ Mutatio said calmly. ‘It’s nothing to worry about. Bolt, if you could watch the front entrance with Stormy, that’d help set my mind at ease.’

Bolt saluted and dashed out of the room. Apple Bloom went and grabbed her knapsack in the corner of the room, while a peculiar faint glow escaped out of its sides.

‘Hmm?’ Apple Bloom opened the sack and beheld the tome from her room, now glowing in a bright yellow light. She brought it out and onto the floor, opened it and saw nothing inscribed on its sheets, yet the glow still remained. ‘Mutatio, do you know what this is?’

Mutatio, previously deep in thought, turned and widened his eyes at the tome. The other fillies approached it with excitement. ‘My goodness,’ Mutatio whispered. ‘It can’t be.’

‘It can’t be what, Mutatio?’ Apple Bloom asked, tilting her head.

Mutatio rushed over to the tome and picked it up—’Hey!’—and headed to the door. ‘Come with me, girls. I need to see something.’

Puzzled, the trio followed Mutatio out of the Combat Room and towards Bookworm’s office. As they got closer, the tome shone brighter. Without a word, Mutatio opened the door and rushed in—Bookworm merely stared back with a raised eyebrow.

‘What are you doing here, I’m bus—oh,’ Bookworm said knowingly upon sight of the tome. ‘It’s... that. I didn’t think there were any more left.’

The tome flashed instantly, blinding everyone in the room for a brief second. It rose of its own accord and opened to the first page, where several lines of inked writing were forming from thin air. The tome still glowed as everyone watched, waiting, with astonished eyes.

‘Wh-what?’ Scootaloo stuttered, feeling her own body rise on its own. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom soon followed suit, and all three of them glowed in a similar light to the tome. ‘What’s happening?’ Scootaloo repeated, kicking her rear hooves to no use.

A stream of red light soared from the book to Sweetie Belle’s horn, rolling her eyes back for several seconds before the stream ended, reverting her eyes to normal. She was slowly set back onto the floor on her four hooves, and soon after a yellow light did the same thing to Scootaloo’s wings. Once she was finished, a blue light coursed through Apple Bloom’s hooves.

The tome shut tight, the glow settled and slowly sunk down to the floor. The room had returned to normalcy, but that didn’t stop the fillies from panicking and running around the room, yelling this and that about “infection” and “scary magic”.

‘Calm down, girls,’ Mutatio said, taking in a deep breath. ‘I knew this was going to happen. At least, that’s what I was hoping this tome was going to do.’

The fillies looked to Mutatio, their eyes begging for questions that their mouths could not spit out. Bookworm did not take a positive outlook on the matter, and frowned bitterly as she paced herself behind her desk.

‘The tome was unlocked because of my presence, my power. A tome I had thought lost forever.’

Bookworm remained silent for several moments.

‘Bookworm?’

‘You three... somehow, I don’t feel like you’re the fillies that we used to know. Moonshine wants you...’

Bookworm could barely utter the words: ‘You three are the wielders, not simple users like the rest of Equestria, of the three elements: lightning, ice and fire. You three are some of the most powerful ponies on the planet, and that book just unlocked your potential.’ Bookworm paused for a moment. ‘But that also means that Moonshine knows who you are and might be coming here to neutralize you as a threat; that’s probably why he sent multiple guards. I’m going to need you to stay upstairs for the night, guarded, while we sort out a few matters to get you to a safer location.’

Apple Bloom appeared stupefied. ‘What do you mean, Bookworm?’

Bookworm stopped and turned to the fillies. ‘I know you don’t have amnesia, but wherever you came from, whatever era you got here from that allowed you to access this potential, it doesn’t matter. Moonshine wants to kill you.’

Author's Note:

An older chapter I apparently hadn't released in all this time. Definitely time to release it now that I'm back, eh?

Comments ( 10 )

Teletubbies come out to— Nope! I'm not making that joke...

Happy for a return, kinda annoyed that it's not brand new content.
Hopefully you get some time and inspiration to continue this soon.

I'm super glad I never took this off my Favorites List.

Holy crap... this is by far the oldest story that's come back from a chronic vegetative state after this long.

Yip

6849788 You definitely haven't heard of my more popular story "The Dancer" then (3 and a half years for like 20-30k words?)

6849874 As hard as it is to believe with me appearing in comment sections apparently everywhere; I am not, as rumored, omnipresent.

There are many stories I have yet to pollute with my presence.

:raritywink:

‘No, wait!’ Scootaloo pleaded. ‘They might as well have passed... when I woke up the day we got here, I was sleeping on the grass on the outskirts of town. There was no sign of my home, my parents—nothing that hinted at my family.’

Sooooooooo, if they were abroad... the spell didn't know about them.

This does rather hint of a limited scope to the effect, potentially a simulation overlaying the reality rather than a true alternate reality. I shall call the Librarians immediately! They deal with this sort of thing on a regular basis! Like that cursed storybook! :raritywink:

I could've sworn that I read this chapter before you disappeared off the face of the planet. Still, it was good to catch up on the story again. :)

It always stops right when it gets good::rainbowlaugh::applecry:

It's a shame this stopped here. I was really enjoying the story. If it ever continues, I'll certainly be back for that update.

Login or register to comment