• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 1,497 Views, 24 Comments

The Interdimensional Field Trip - Fussan



This is an HiE story as well as a brony in Equestria story. It has no real sex in it, but it does strongly imply it. Contains lots of swearing and some violence. It does not start in Equestria, but it does get there quickly.

  • ...
13
 24
 1,497

Chapter Seven: Items

Chapter Seven: Items

Equis, Equestria, Ponyville

It had to be close to seven in the morning when I woke up. The sun was already partially up in the sky, and the birds were chirping away in the trees. It was winter so it was a bit chilly in the basement, but we had blankets, and the cold never really bothered me. So, all in all, it was a really nice morning... I hated it. I hated birds, and I hated getting woken up when I am still tired, and I hated everything else that ever came into being, just for that reason. Why, you ask? Because I am just that much of a positive fucking person.

I decided that I must have fallen asleep at some point late at night, but I do not remember having a dream. I sometimes hate having dreams, they can be really annoying when they want to.

No point in trying to get back to sleep I guess...

I threw off the blankets and walked into the bathroom to do my morning routine: piss, shower, brush, Axe. Though it was not until I went for my can of Axe that I realized that I did not have it on me. Everything I had on me was missing, even my iPod. My phone, my iPod, my pack...

Oh shit...

I ran upstairs, hoping to see Twilight awake this early. But I did not; I could hear soft snores coming from her bedroom which meant she was still sleeping.

Damn it! I need to talk to her, like, now!

I started up the stairs, but stopped after the first few. What was I doing? You never went into a girl's room to wake her up, ever! I went back down the steps and stood in the main room for a few minutes thinking about the best ways to wake up a girl, while still being polite. After a few looks around my surroundings, I had it.

Perfect, I thought to myself, this should do the trick just swimmingly.

***

The sizzle from the frying pan was louder than I expected it to be, but that did not matter. After all, I was trying to wake Twilight up.

I cracked another egg open and heard the sizzling intensify.

Now that's just lovely.

I left the eggs for a moment to check on the pancakes I had going on the burner to my left. Nice and brown, just like I- and hopefully, Twilight- likes them. I flipped them over to reveal a slightly lighter brown color on the other side. They were just about done now, and the eggs are going to be done not too long after.

Twilight's kitchen was stocked full of food, and lucky for me, I knew how cook. I had made pancakes with eggs- scrambled, and sunny-side up- and I also found some oranges too, so I could make fresh juice.

Okay, now back to the eggs, then everything should be ready.

I made enough so everybody could have two pancakes, two eggs, and one cup of juice- no need to clean out her kitchen, right?

Not too long after the food was done, I heard foot- or rather, hoof- steps, coming down the stairs from the bedroom.

"Mmm, Spike, that smells deli-" She stopped abruptly as she saw it was me in her kitchen, rather than her small dragon friend.

"Hey Twi', nice to see you up."

She looked at me for a minute, then saw the tasty-looking spread on the table in front of her. "Did... you, make all this?"

"Sure did; with my own two hands." I raised my hands and wiggled my fingers around for emphasis.

"Really? But more importantly; why are you awake this early?" She sounded a little worried when she asked it, but I guess that is the way you feel when you have potentially dangerous aliens living in your basement.

"I always get up early. But enough talk, sit down and eat. I think I've outdone myself, which is really saying something." I pulled out a chair for her and took a seat on the opposite side of the table. I was hoping to get a better reaction, but I guess "cautious and hesitant" will have to do for now.

She sat down in the strange style of chairs that ponies use and picked up her fork with her magic. She eyed the food with a critical eye before finally taking a bite. But when she did take a bite... Boy, was her reaction ever worth it? Her eyes widened and her ears shot strait up, and she even tensed a little. She looked at me with a little tear falling from her eye. "These... these are the best pancakes I've ever tasted in my life!" Then she ate her entire breakfast with a speed I only thought Pinkie was capable of.

I poured her a tall glass of juice to wash it down, and she nodded with appreciation.

"Wow! That was the most amazing breakfast I've ever had! How did you learn to cook like that?"

I thought for a minute before answering. It was a surprisingly hard question to answer. "Well," I said, "I guess I just kinda picked it up as I went. I never took any classes or anything; I was just born with the talent of making good food I guess."

She thought about my answer for a bit, then she started talking again. "What did you put in there; I've never tasted anything like that before. I mean, even the eggs tasted different than I've ever tasted."

"Well," I said, getting a small grin as I did, "if I told you the secret of the 'Django Breakfast Special', it wouldn't be a secret anymore. And I quite like being the only one who knows how to make breakfast this good."

She gave me an irritated look, and huffed. "Fine, what'll it take for you to tell me how you made the food?"

I took on a smug grin when she asked that. "I'll tell you the secret, in exchange for one thing."

"What's that?"

"That one thing is... a kiss."

She stared at me blankly for a few seconds before she put on a determined face, leaned forward, and puckered her lips.

I was shocked; I was just fucking around with her. "Whoa! I was just joking! You don't have to kiss me Twi'!"

She reeled at my words, pulling back so fast she almost fell out of her chair. "But you said that's what it would take!"

I shook my head faster than I should have and got dizzy. "Nononononono, I was just fuckin' with you. I didn't really expect you to actually agree to it!"

She sat blank faced across from me for a second before speaking again. "Oh, I guess I didn't quite catch that."

I raised an eyebrow. "Ya think?"

We sat in awkward silence for a few minutes after that. But the silence was eventually broken by Twilight. "Thank you for the breakfast Django. It was really sweet of you."

"You're welcome Twilight; if you want, you can have Tyrence's, he doesn't really like anything other than school lunches anyway." I finished with a small grin at a recent memory.

"Really? 'Cause that would be great. I didn't eat last night."

I looked at her quizzically. "Why? You have all this food here; I would think you could whip something up."

"To tell the truth, I was scared you would sneak up to my room and kill me in my sleep or something so I spent a lot of time using my magic to put up barriers around my bed."

"That's ridiculous, I wouldn't even dream of hurting you."

"Well, that's good to know," she said between bites of pancake. She had already started eating Tyrence's food.

I picked up my fork and began eating as well. But I did have to ask her something, something important. I wanted to wait until she trusted me a bit more, but I figured this was as good a time as any.

"Hey Twilight?"

"Mm-hmm?"

"Do you know where our stuff was taken?"

She stopped chewing her food and swallowed. "Uh, well, it's being analysed in Canterlot by scientists."

I stared at her for a second before continuing. I tried to be as civil as possible when I answered. I was the leader after all, and a good leader never loses their temper. So I calmly, and politely said the most appropriate thing I could have possibly come up with. "You mean to tell me that a bunch of dumb-fuck white coats are putting their grubby little grabbers all over my stuff?!"

She flinched a little at the volume of my voice. "Well, we needed to be sure you weren't bringing anything dangerous with you from your world. You'll get it all back!"

I gave her a hard look that said "I really don't like you right now", and got up from my chair, opened the front door to the library, and walked out. I did not even bother getting dressed up. I was fine with my cargos and the beater that I had worn to bed last night. I only stopped long enough to shove my feet in my boots and did not even give a second glance back at the library.

Twilight ran out the door after me yelling for me to stop. "Wait, Django wait; you'll get your stuff back in a couple of days, I promise!"

"I'm not waiting a couple of days, I'm getting my stuff back now!" I yelled over my shoulder. I was not the kind of guy who sat around and waited for things to happen. I was the kind of guy who made things happen.

Twilight was at my side now, trotting quickly to keep pace with me; seeing as I have much longer legs, I could easily lose her if I wanted. "You don't even know where the labs are that are holding your things!"

"Then I'll tear apart the whole city and anybody who gets in my way until I do find them."

"What?! You can't do that!"

I looked down at her with a cold glare. "Watch me." With that I ran as fast I could to get to the train station so I could catch the morning train to the capital.

I reached the station after getting lost a few times, but I could still make the train if I hurried.

I walked up to the ticket vendor who looked a little scared to see me. "I want a ticket on the train to Canterlot."

He looked at me a little stunned. "Th- that'll b- be two bits s- sir." He was stuttering with the fear of seeing me this close and looking angry.

"I don't have two bits on me; I'll owe you."

"I'm s- sorry sir, I can't allow th- that."

"Fine," I growled, "I'll get the ticket myself." Then I balled up my fist and punched out the glass front. The ticket vendor yelped at the shatter of glass, but did not have time to duck as I grabbed the small key around his neck that opened the box that held the tickets. Once I had the key, I walked over to the box and opened it. There were more tickets than I could count, so I decided that they would not miss a fistful or two... or five.

So, pockets loaded with tickets, I walked up to the ticket taker and gave him my ticket and boarded the train. The ponies on the train looked a little scared to see me up close for the first time. So instead of frightening them further, I sat in an empty row closer to the back.

I heard the ticket taker yelling his line that he always yells to let people know the train is leaving. Then, after another few minutes, the train started slowly moving forward, and I was on my way to Canterlot.

It was not until the train was a good ways away from the station that I heard a loud thumping noise coming from the side of the train car. I opened my window to poke my head out so I could see what it was, but before I could even get the window fully opened, a cyan blur shot into the train car and crashed into me through the open window.

"What the fuck?!"

That was all I had time to say before I hit the ground, hard. There was a collective gasp as I landed, and then complete silence. I lifted my head up to see Rainbow Dash laying across my chest with her eyes spinning around in their sockets. It would have been funny if it did not hurt so bad.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?! I could have been killed!"

She groaned as she lifted herself off of me, then looked as if she were about to throw up. "Uuugghhh... I don't feel so good..."

"Don't you dare throw up on me."

She slowly shook her head and put her two front hooves on the sides to stop her eyes from spinning.

"What do you want Rainbow; can't you see I'm busy?"

"Hey, Twilight asked me to follow after you so you wouldn't rip apart Canterlot. If you got issues, take 'em up with her. I'm just here to keep an eye on you."

"Oh really, and just how do you plan to 'keep an eye on me'?"

"Simple," she said, "I'm gonna follow you wherever you go and make sure you don't do anything that's bad."

I raised an eyebrow. "Anywhere?"

"That's right."

"What if I go into the bathroom; are you going to follow me into the stall?"

She started to reply, but froze up before anything could get out.

"Are you going to hold my hand as well?"

She broke out of her mental lock-up when I said that. "No, I'm going to watch you, nothing else. If you have to go into the bathroom, then..."

"Then?"

"Uh, well, you better have used it before you came out here, 'cause I'm not letting you out of my sight."

I rolled my eyes at her and gave a long-suffering sigh. "Fine, do whatever you want Rainbow, but you're not going to stop me from getting my stuff back."

"Fine, I will do whatever I want!" She then sat down on the row I was just seated on and crossed her front hooves.

I shook my head and looked to the crowd that was watching our little exchange with interest. "Kids these days; am I right?"

The whole train car- except for Rainbow- chuckled at my joke, then went back to doing whatever it was they were doing before Rainbow crashed into me.

I sat down next to her and closed my eyes. I always get tired on trips, whether I am in a car, plane, train, or boat, I always manage to fall asleep somehow. So that explains how I somehow felt tired when the train got along.

I can close my eyes for a second, I thought, We won't hit Canterlot for another couple of hours.

***

When I opened my eyes, it felt like I was put in a vice and I was having the life squeezed out of me. It hurt to open my eyes more than a crack, and I felt heavy. I wanted to go back to sleep, but I heard somebody yell out "Next stop is Canterlot!". That's what made me wake up, and I was determined to find the fucker who interrupted my sleep and strangle the life out of him. But as I moved to get up, there was something holding me down. I tried again, but that same mysterious force kept me pinned in place. I looked around to see what was holding me in place, but I could not find anything. I tried to move my right arm, and I could, but my left arm was being held in place by something at my side. I looked down to see a cyan colored blur next to me. My eyes were tired and still full of seep, so I could not see quite right. I would have been able to tell what that blur was, but I was half asleep, and was not thinking right. It felt furry and warm, and after a second I realized what it must be. It was my dog, Marty. I guess he must have crawled into bed with me at some point and was laying on my arm.

I reached over and scratched his ears and heard a small pleased noise coming from him. I moved my hand down his back and scratched at his back, just how he liked. It was always funny to do that; every time I did, he would start kicking his leg and lose his balance and fall over. I started scratching faster and harder and then used my palm to rub in between his shoulder blades while I did it.

Any second now he'll fall off the bed, and I can go back to sleep... Well, right after I go murder that fucker who woke me up. But then, all will be calm, and quiet.

My thoughts were interrupted by another voice, this one a lot closer, and more... feminine.

"Ohhhh yeah, right there Soarin, don't stop."

I was confused for a second, but then I started to think.

Dogs don't talk... Do they?

I looked down to my side and saw the cyan blur again.

Wait... Marty is brown.

All of a sudden everything came rushing back to me all at once. I stopped rubbing Marty's back as I realized what I was doing. I was not rubbing my dog's back, I was fondling Rainbow!

"Ah! Oh fuck!" I was yelling as I tumbled backwards off of the seat. But unfortunately, Rainbow was still holding my arm and came tumbling down with me. I landed on my back, and Rainbow landed right on top of me with her muzzle pushed up against my face.

She woke up suddenly, fully alert from the fall. She looked around for a few seconds before seeing our awkward positioning. She instantly went wide-eyed and opened her mouth to say something; but I tried to say something at the same time, and from the way we were laying, we ended up trapping each other in an open-mouthed kiss. It lasted only a second, but it was a second too long. We pulled our head back away from each other, but since I was on my back, laying on the train's floor boards, all I did was hit my head against hard wood.

We stared at one another for a few seconds afterwards, both our eyes wide as dinner plates, and nothing to really say. But we did not have to say anything, the train's other occupants broke the silence for us.

"D'aaawwww."

We both snapped our gazes on the ponies looking at us with happy expressions.

"You two are you so cute together. I'm so happy for you both!"

"I agree, those two really are something."

"I bet they didn't even know they had a crush on each other by their faces."

"Mommy, are they going to get married and have lots of kids, like you and daddy did?"

We both said the only thing that could come to our minds at the same time.

"WHAT?!"

The crowd looked at us with happy faces and said sweet words.

"Oh don't worry dearies, nopony is going to judge you for loving each other."

"Yes, love has many forms after all."

"Yeah Rainbow, you should consider yourself lucky, he's really cute."

The last pony finished her statement by licking her lips and looking at me with half closed eyes.

We started our protests right away of course; we were not into each other. We were a different species damn it! I knew I could persuade the crowd that nothing was going on between us. After all, I was a silver tongued devil, and I could talk my way out of anything.

"I- I don't have a crush on her! I swear! Th- there must be a... a- a misunderstanding is all!"

"Yeah, there's no way I would go for him! He's way too weird for me!"

"Exactly, I- wait, what? Hey, I'm not weird at all! You should consider yourself lucky you got a kiss from me!"

"Oh puh-lease, I wouldn't even dream of going out with you!"

"Oh yeah right, that's why you where all 'Oh yeah, right there, don't stop' when I was rubbing your back!"

"You were the one rubbing, not me! So I guess that settles it; you're crazy for me."

"Is that why you were begging me not to stop?"

"Hey, I- uh, that is..."

"Need some help there?"

"Aaahhhh, just shut up!"

"No! Why don't you shut up?!"

"Just admit you like me, and I will!"

"Why don't you admit that you like me?!"

"Because I don't like you!"

"Well I don't like you either!"

She was up in the air pumping her wings to stay at eye level with me now. As I finished that last line, she got up in my face so we were butting foreheads, glaring at each other.

"Ahh, young love."

"I know; such a wonderful thing"

"Why don't you two lovers go to the car behind you and work out your little spat? When you're done, tell us who's crazier for who."

We both turned on the crowd again, and fueled by the anger we both felt, we were able to rattle the windows.

"WE'RE NOT LOVERS!!!"

We went back to glaring at each other after that, but it only lasted a few seconds because that same voice from before yelled out again.

"Now arriving at Canterlot train station!"

The train slowed to a stop and I broke my glare so I could walk off the train and get to the labs where my stuff was. I saw the guy who was yelling standing on the platform. I walked up to him so I could do what I had planned. "Excuse me," I said, "do you have the time?"

He looked down to the pocket watch he was holding in one hoof, and I made my move. Faster than anybody could see, I punched him in the troat as hard as I could, and grabbed his watch. I then stuffed said watch into his mouth and down his throat. Before I left, I gave him a swift knee to the side and left him writhing in pain, choking on the watch. "Never mind," I said cheerfully, "I know what time it is. Bye now!" I walked off quickly before anybody could see what I had done to him. I got maybe twenty feet from the platform before I heard a shrill shriek of horror as somebody found him on the ground.

There was a 'whoosh' noise as Rainbow flew up to my side. I could see the angry expression she had on her face. "What did you do?!"

I just shrugged and kept walking. I really did not care if she was angry at me right now; I just wanted to get my stuff back.

"Did you hear me?! What... did... you... do?!"

I just kept walking towards the castle and ignored her. But I guess she does not like to be ignored very much, because she flew in front of me and blocked my path.

"You want to do this the hard way? 'Cause we can do this the hard way!"

I leveled a cold stare at her the way I do when I make everybody in the hallway move out of my way at school. I actually saw her flinch when I did it too. "Move."

She crossed her forehooves in front of her chest in a stubborn way, but I could tell she was scared. "No."

"I'm not going to say it again Rainbow. Move."

She poked me in the chest with a hoof and tried to get in my face. She never got the chance.

"I'm not m-" She did not get any further though. I grabbed her hoof and pulled her forward. When she collided with my chest, I twisted her hoof behind her back and pulled up. I almost forgot that she could fly though, so before she had the chance to break the hold I grabbed both of her wings with my free hand and pulled them down roughly. We were chest-to-chest, and I was in total control of her, and she knew it. She tried to wiggle free at first, but my grip was unbreakable. I craned my neck a little so that my face was directly over her's and gave her a death stare. "Do you really think you can take me?" I was whispering when I said it. I found that it has much more of a scare factor than yelling. "I worked part-time as a bouncer at a night club on the east-side. If you can honestly say that you think you can beat me in a fight, then I'll let you go and we can duke it out, right here, right now."

She looked into my face for a few seconds, but then she closed her eyes and turned her head to face away from me.

"Hmph, that's what I thought." I let go of her forehoof and her wings at the same time, and she dropped to the ground with a 'thump'. She did not even try to move from where she sat; and I did not blame her. The first time I was in her place I just went home and punched my punching bag for hours straight until my knuckles were black and bloody. I walked on towards the castle but stopped after maybe twenty feet. I turned my head back in her direction.

"Hey, you comin' or what?!"

She lifted her head up and looked at me.

"You told Twilight you would keep an eye on me, right? Well how're you gonna do that sittin' in the dirt?"

She sat there confused for a second or two, but then her face filled with determination and she shot up and raced over to me. "Yeah, that's right. I still gotta keep an eye on you. You can't lose me that easily Django!"

I rolled my eyes and continued walking to the castle.

Man, I thought, I need to get that anger under control, like, now.

***

The walk to the castle was pretty uneventful, but I did not really come here expecting an adventure. I had the castle in sight and was walking up the steps when I felt a tug on my hand.

"Whoa, you can't just waltz in there!"

I gave Rainbow a level stare.

"It's the law; you have to make an appointment first!"

I just kept on staring.

"It's just the way things are here. You'd better get used to it."

I sighed and shook my head. "Yeah, but then this happened." With that I walked up the steps and passed the guards at the front gate. I heard a few mumbles coming from the two, but ignored them. I had more important things to do. I kept going past the reception area, past the throne room, past the kitchens, and past the main dinning hall. I had no interest in sight-seeing; I was here on a mission. A mission to get my stuff back from the bastards who have it.

The whole time Rainbow was behind me trying her damnedest not to freak out. We were kind of trespassing on royal grounds, but it was worth the risk to get my things back.

As I came to a corridor that went either left or right, I had to do what I always did when I was stuck.

"Eenee meenee minee moe, catch a tiger by his toe, if he hollers let him go, eenee meenee minee moe."

I looked over to see Rainbow giving me an unbelieving look.

"It's that way," I said pointing to the left. I walked down the corridor and hoped to god I was right. If not, I would be lost in a castle with two ultra powerful goddesses who would want my head on a pike. Or even worse, I might have to... stop and ask for directions. The mere thought of doing so made me shiver with fear.

After what seemed like an eternity of walking- but was only maybe two minutes- we came to another intersecting corridor.

"Ugh, we'll never find the labs at this point; we're just getting more and more lost!"

I looked over to Rainbow and was about to tell her to keep her voice down, but I saw something over her head that made me stop. She saw I was looking at something behind her and turned to see... a sign.

"Labs, this way." I read it aloud and looked in the direction it was pointed in. The exact opposite way we just came from. I immediately proceeded to facepalm, and Rainbow did just the same. Only it would be a facehoof in her case.

We followed the way back and checked for signs. Sure enough, we found another sign that pointed down the right corridor. It went on like this every time we hit another intersection; stop, look, read, walk, rinse and repeat. It took us about ten minutes of this before we found what we were looking for: the entrance to the labs.

"Okay, we found it, now can we go home?"

I looked to Rainbow. I have never know her to be afraid of anything, but I guess she is pretty scared of angering the princesses. "You don't have to come with me you know. Why don't you just go back to Ponyville and tell Twilight that I'll be back in a few hours."

"But- but what if you don't come back?"

I groaned in frustration. "Then tell her to check the moon for a new patter in the shape of my face."

Rainbow looked shocked when I said it, but then she got all serious again. "That's not funny Django! That is seriously not funny!"

"Whatever, if you want to come with me then feel free to do so. But if you want to go home, I don't blame you."

She furrowed her brow and took on a stern expression. "No way! I told Twilight that I'd keep my eye on you, and that's what I'm gonna do!"

I nodded my head at her and turn to face the door. "Are you ready for this?"

"I was born ready."

"You know we may not all make it."

"I know the risks."

"If we get caught, it's all over for us Rainbow."

"Don't worry, if we go down, it'll be with a bang."

We both looked at each other, and in perfect unison yelled our battle cry.

"LET'S DO THIS!"

With that we knocked the door right off its hinges and charged in through the door yelling as we did so. I am not sure what it looked like, but I know what it sounded like. It sounded like the castle was being stormed by an army of vikings, well, if the army was made up of only two people. But we knocked sciencey gear to the ground, we knocked sciencey papers to the ground, we even knocked sciencey ponies to the ground! We were an unstoppable force that crushed all that got in our way. We only stopped when I saw my stuff laid out on a white table with strange tools all around them. I stopped our charge long enough to grab my pack and stuff all my things- as well as a few interesting looking science experiments- into it.

"Okay, I got it, let's get out of here!"

"Right behind you!"

We ran for the door but skidded to a halt when we saw that guards were rushing in through that way. I looked around for another door, but the only thing I saw was a big line of windows.

Well, better than being caught...

I started running to the windows, Rainbow right behind me.

"How good are you at catching falling objects?!"

"I'm the best flyer in Equestria; what do you think?!"

There were tables, equipment, and now, guards between us and the windows.

"Well," I yelled, "catch!"

With that I jumped as high as I could and just barely cleared the guards standing there- now with shocked looks on all of their faces- and went straight through the window and into free fall from close to a hundred feet.

I was falling fast, too fast. There was no way Rainbow could catch me in time. I was at eighty feet, fifty feet, forty, thirty, twenty...

Well, I thought, I had a good run while it lasted.

I was maybe five feet from the ground now, almost about to become a mushy substance that the gardener would have to clean up. But just as I was going to hit the ground, I felt a huge tug at my waist. Rainbow had caught me by my belt! She let me go and I fell the last few feet and ended up with a mouth full of various flowers from the garden, but I got up quickly and started sprinting out of the garden and towards the gates. When I reached the gates the guards closed them and crossed the spears they were holding to block the path, but I did not care. I pulled off my beater and spun it around my head, and when I was close enough I threw it over the spear heads and pulled down, so the pointy side was digging into the ground. Before they could do anything, I ran up the spear shafts and used their helmets as a final boost to clear the closed gate and got a little help from Rainbow so I did not get skewered on the top of the fence. After we cleared the gates we ran to the train station. But the guards were already there, waiting for us. We did not miss a beat though. We turned right around and ran back towards the center of the city.

"What now! I thought you had a plan!"

"My plan was to get my shit back!"

"So you never had an escape plan if you were seen?!"

"Sorry babe, I don't think that far ahead!"

We ran into a small shop that was just out of view of the guards and ducked under a table to avoid detection. When the guards ran past us we poked our heads out of the shop door and looked around to check if the coast was clear. Once we were sure it was we walked out into the street and ducked into an alley behind a dumpster.

"Okay, there has to be another way out of the city. There isn't just the train right?"

Rainbow thought for a minute, then she perked right up. "We can take airways!"

"Uh, you seem to be forgetting something. I can't fly, remember?"

"You don't need to fly. It's a big balloon system that can take ponies anywhere in Equestria."

I rubbed my chin in thought for a few moments before answering.

"That... might just work. Where is it?"

Rainbow motioned for me to get up and follow her.

"I can't tell you; it's a secret only the pegasi underground can know. But when unicorns or earth-ponies need to ride, they have to pay a fare and swear to never tell anypony where it is. So if I show you where this is, you have to promise me you won't say anything."

I went deep into thought; I never make a promise without thinking about it first. To me, a promise is the one thing in the world that should never be broken, and I have never broken one, ever. I made up my mind, I knew the words I was going to say. I was ready to make the promise. "I promise, that I will not willingly tell anybody the location of the balloon."

Rainbow smiled at me when I made the promise. "Thanks Django, it's good to know I can trust you... Even if you are a bit of a jerk sometimes." She finished speaking with a small grin.

"Yeah, I can be a bit of a dick at times."

We heard a patrol marching down the road and ducked back behind the dumpster to let them pass.

"Enough talk, let's get to the balloon," Rainbow said.

"Fine by me; lead the way."

A secret only the pegasi underground can know about, eh? That's some useful information right there.

End Chapter: Chapter Seven: Items