• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 1,490 Views, 24 Comments

The Interdimensional Field Trip - Fussan



This is an HiE story as well as a brony in Equestria story. It has no real sex in it, but it does strongly imply it. Contains lots of swearing and some violence. It does not start in Equestria, but it does get there quickly.

  • ...
13
 24
 1,490

Chapter Six: Integration

Chapter Six: Integration

Equis, Equestria, Ponyville

We were released from the hospital the next day, and Twilight and her friends were nice enough to offer lodgings for the duration of our stay. It was decided that we should split up by classes, but since David was the only freshman, he just went with the sophomores. There were more sophomores than juniors, so they were put up in Applejack's barn for the time being- since it was the largest space available. We were given a spare room in Twilight's basement to live in. Even though it was a basement, it was actually really nice. It had a bathroom, and a small area big enough for a sofa, and small beds could be put in the back room, or so Twilight told us. But because Ms. Francis had no interest in sleeping in the same room as a bunch of guys, she was given the guest bedroom in Fluttershy's cottage.

We were walking to the barn first, to make sure that the sophomores settled in without any problems, you know, besides being scared shitless from being stuck in another world. To say we got a few strange looks would win you the "Understatement of the Year" award. Half of them looked at us with fascination, and half of them looked at us with fear. I really hoped that this kind of thing would not happen.

I leaned down to Twilight so she could hear me over the crowd's noise. "Why are they all looking at us like we're the weirdest thing they've ever seen?"

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Uh, probably because you are the weirdest thing they've ever seen."

"Oh... right, that. I kinda forgot that we do look pretty odd."

We did not say much else on the way to our destination, but that was okay, I was busy taking in the sights. We passed Sugar Cube Corner, Carousel Boutique, and even the school house on our way to the farm were the younger kids would be staying.

"Here we are y'all, home sweet home." Applejack announced that we were here with a happy tone in her voice. "Y'all youngin's are gonna stay up in the barn over there," she said as she pointed a hoof at the barn. "Make yerselves cozy, 'cause we rise with the sun, and work hard 'round the clock here at Sweet Apple Acres."

The sophomores looked to me for a translation, and I did the best I could. "She said you're sleeping in the barn over there, and to expect to work hard if you want to live here."

All of their eyes widened at that. I guess they were not expecting to work while they were here. Boy were they ever wrong...?

"You heard me; if you want a roof over your head and food in your gut, you'll be working."

"Man I ain't workin'; you got me fucked up."

"I don't know how to work on a farm. I can't work."

"I'm not working for my food, I can go to the store."

"Yeah, we'll just go to the store; I got money."

They were all shouting protests at me about working the farm, but I was in charge, and I was going to remind them of that. "Shut the fuck up!" I yelled so loud that I made everybody- including the ponies- flinch."You listen to me you little fuckers. If you don't work, they'll kick your sorry asses out on the street. Then you'll be sleeping in the rain, and everybody else will be nice and warm because they can behave like normal people and do what's best for them. But if you want to sleep outside with the wolves and bugs, go ahead. Celestia herself told me that if you lot didn't behave yourselves, then she would punish you, harshly. Truth is, I don't care if you are put to death here, but I'm trying to be nice. But I have my limits, and you jackasses are testing them."

They all fell silent after that, and I could tell they understood what would happen if they did not do what they were told.

I nodded my head and turned to Applejack. "They understand what will happen if they don't do as they're told."

"Wh- what did ya say to 'em? They look like ya just told 'em they'll be put in jail or somethin'," Applejack said.

"Well, I just told them to behave, and me being the leader of this motley band of misfits, they listened." I gave her a smile that I knew never reached my eyes.

Applejack looked over to her friends for a second to see them looking like they were unsure of what to do. "Well, if ya say so..."

"Great, I'll leave you to get them settled in, and us five'll drop off teach here at Fluttershy's place."

Before any of them could get in another word I turned on my heels and walked off in the direction I guessed our next destination would be. I chuckled to myself at how hard it would be to get them under control without being able to talk with them. I also found the picture of Big Mac or Applejack knocking some sense into them pretty funny.

It was more of the same on the way to where our teacher would be staying, ponies looking at us with big, curious eyes. I hate being stared at, it makes me seriously angry, so it was only a matter of time before I cracked. But I was trying my best to control myself, I really was.

"Here we are Django," Fluttershy told me. "Can you tell your teacher that this is where we'll be staying, uhm, that is, if you don't mind."

"Don't worry, I'll tell her," I said.

I looked to Ms. Francis to let her know this is where she will be staying. "Okay teach, this is your stop. She's way shy, so try not to upset her, or you'll be answering to me."

"Excuse me?" She looked angry to say the least.

"You heard me; new world, new rules. That means I can get away with things just by saying 'Oh, I'm sorry, that's what we do on my planet. It won't happen again, I swear.', so you should just try to play along."

"Fine, but this ends the second we get back to school, got it?" She said that like it was a death threat.

"Sure, sure, whatever you say teach."

Her and Fluttershy walked into the small cottage and left us with only one more destination: Twilight's house.

"Okay Twi', lead the way," I said.

On our way to the library, we saw more ponies looking at us, just... staring, with those eyes that bored into my soul- or whatever is left of it. I just could not take it anymore, I snapped. I spun around and faced the crowd of ponies and stomped up to them. "What the fuck are you looking at?!" I was furious, I was not sure why, but I was. "If you little fuckers keep staring at me I'll rip your eyes' out and force feed them to you!"

There was a second of silence, and then a chaotic tide of screaming ponies as they all ran away from me in terror.

I put my hands on my hips and nodded my head, seeing my fine work in action.

Ya did good Django, ya did good.

I walked back to the group and took my place back at Twilight's side, waiting for her to resume walking. I saw her looking at me with wide eyes. I shrugged, "What? I don't like people staring at me."

She immediately averted her eyes and kept walking to her home.

After another few minutes we reached the library that doubled as Twilight's house. She led us into the large front room, and turned to face us. "Okay," she started, "there are a few rules here. Number one: if you take a book out, you put it back where you found it. Number two: if you damage a book, you pay fot it. Number three: be quiet; this is a libraby after all. And lastly: if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask." She looked at me and motioned with her hoof at the juniors.

I looked over to them and told them what the deal was. I kept it simple and to the point "Okay, don't fuck with her books, and you should be fine."

"So we're gonna sleep in the basement here?" Lewis asked.

"Yes, yes we are."

"Why can't we sleep in the warm parts of the house?" Tyrence asked me.

"Because it's not a very large area. Plus when we're downstairs, we can do whatever; there won't be any of that 'No talking too loudly' shit we would always get from Mr. Denn back in the school library. That, and we won't be getting watched all day by assholes who think that they can tell us what to do."

They all realized at once what I was saying. No teachers, no librarians, nobody to make sure we are up to no good, and that meant no rules.

"Okay, let's get set up. Twilight'll show us down to where we'll be sleeping, but I get first dibs on placement."

Twilight led us down to the extra space in her basement and showed us where we would be sleeping. I picked a spot where my back was to a wall, and I could keep an eye on the others. We put a small sofa and two chairs in the bigger area to be our living room. We set up space for everything we needed, and thanked Twilight for her trouble. It was a long day, so we all just went to bed after she went back upstairs. The others fell asleep before I did. I was laying in my temporary bed, looking at the ceiling. I had so many thoughts going through my head I felt dizzy. I hated being a leader, I did not want the work that comes with it. I am not a leader, I am a soldier. I am much better at taking orders than giving them. But I had to be the leader here; if I dropped the role, we might not survive here.

Ah fuck, I thought, I just hope they don't do anything stupid to get us killed.

Then I closed my eyes and failed miserably at my attempt to fall asleep.

God damn it, this is gonna be a long night, isn't it?

End Chapter: Chapter Six: Integration