• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 1,497 Views, 24 Comments

The Interdimensional Field Trip - Fussan



This is an HiE story as well as a brony in Equestria story. It has no real sex in it, but it does strongly imply it. Contains lots of swearing and some violence. It does not start in Equestria, but it does get there quickly.

  • ...
13
 24
 1,497

Chapter Twelve: Final Goodbyes

Chapter Twelve: Final Goodbyes

Equis, Equestria, Ponyville

I had no dreams that night, and I was not really surprised that I did not. I was too tired to care about dreams though, the only thing that could go through my mind was the need to sleep. I had been up for almost thirty hours, and I was damn tired. Normally thirty hours was not that much, but when you have been through something like what I went through, it feels like a lot more.

When I woke up the sun was already high in the sky and I was the only one in the basement.

Where did those idiots get to?

I got up and went through my morning routine and headed upstairs. Now, I do not know what you might expect when you wake up in the basement of a magical, talking pony from a TV show, but I will bet you it was not what I saw. There, in the front room of the library, was the six ponies that had saved me from Redheart's house, "The Mane Six", both of the princesses were there too, and all of my classmates.

"If this is an intervention you can save your breath, I don't have a problem, I can quit whenever I want," I said.

That only made everyone who could understand me raise an eyebrow.

"Oh, is that not what this is?"

"No," said Celestia, "it's not, but that makes me think there's something I should know about what you do in your free time."

I wisely chose to change the subject. "So, what's all this about then?"

Celestia started to answer me, but Luna cut in. "The final preparations for your friends' cremation have been arranged. We were planning on having the ceremony this afternoon."

I had forgotten about the funeral pyre that I had asked them to set up. I needed to be there, I could not just ignore this.

"Where is it being held?" I asked.

I heard Twilight clear her throat, obviously wanting to get in a word or two.

"Well, we've set it up on the edge of the park, near the Ever Free Forest. I planned on everypony saying a few words and then we would all go for something to eat. After that Pinkie has a party planned that should get all of our moods up out of the dark. After that we should have enough time to talk about them in a positive light, and be ready for bed before ten o' clock. We can all sleep over in applejack's barn to keep each other company since it has the most room out of all of our homes."

I nodded as I went over the plan in my mind. I would make a few changes, but it was an acceptable plan overall.

"Okay then, I'll say a few words, but I want them to be translated so I don't have to say them twice. Can one of you do that?" I asked, pointing to the princesses, and saw them nod. "Good, then I think everything is all set."

The ponies all talked about what they thought the funeral might be like, since they have never been to a Human one. While they did that I broke out my cards and all of us Humans played a few hands of Black Jack. Since dollars held no value here, we bet those, and I- as the dealer of course- was taking everything.

The talking from the ponies died down a bit, but that did not matter, I was in the middle of taking all of my friends' cash. I had almost all the money so far, and nobody else at the table had more than two bills left.

The talking had all but stopped, and now I was wondering what the silence was about. I looked up from our game and nearly fell back as I came close to bumping my head into Luna's. "What are you doing?!"

She looked a little embarrassed, but not so much as before- when I had first gotten back from Canterlot. "We noticed your activity, and we were intrigued by it."

I was a little surprised by her answer. "Really now? Don't you have anything like this in Equestria?"

"No, we have never seen something like this before."

"Nor have I," added Celestia.

I looked to my side and saw that Celestia was standing close by, also watching the game. Actually, all of them were watching the game with interest. I could not believe that they did not have gambling in Equestria.

"I can't believe you don't have gambling here," I said. "It seems like one of those things that's everywhere."

"Oh we have gambling in Equestria," said Celestia. "But we don't have anything like this."

"Then what do you gamble? Odds?"

"That is correct," said Luna. "Ponies from all around Equestria travel to the grand city of Las Pegasis to bet their bits."

I thought it was funny that every city in Equestria was a play on words for a city on Earth. For Manhatten, there's Manehatten, for Philadelphia, there's Fillydelphia, for San Francisco, there's San Franciscolt. The list goes on, and on, but I did not plan on comparing names all day.

"Well if any of you are interested, I can teach you how to play some of the games I know later. But for now, I think it's time we said our final goodbyes to our friends."

They all nodded sadly and gave us room to clean up the cards. I pocketed my winnings and my cards, then went over and explained what was going to happen to my classmates. "Listen guys, they set up a funeral pyre for Ramon and Shawn; we're going to be sending them off today. I want you all to act like you have a brain in those thick skulls of yours."

"Wait," Lewis said, "why aren't we burying them?"

"Because," I said, "it wouldn't be right trapping them on an alien world. I think it would be best if they were cremated."

"So when are we gonna burn 'em?" Tyrence asked.

"We're going out to the site in a few minutes."

"But why are we gonna burn them here?" ask T-boy, "Why don't we wait till we get back home?"

"Because," I said slowly, "I don't know when we're going home."

They were quiet for a time, and I knew what they were thinking. I had no idea when, or even if, we were going home. That was a slightly scary thought, but I would talk to them about it later, right now, we had a funeral to get to.

***

It took us about five minutes to walk to where we were going, but I did not care, I was too busy thinking about things. When we did get there though, I was not disappointed by the pyre, that is for sure. It had to be at least ten feet tall, and eight feet across. It was more than enough to send the two on top out.

There was a huge crowd a ponies surrounding the entirety of it, except for a spot right in front of it where we would be. I could see all of the townsfolk looking at us nervously, probably wondering what to do, or what to say. I just hoped they would not say anything and I could get out of here. I did not like being out in the open and having all these people staring at me.

We took our place at the front of the pyre, and watched Celestia and Luna walk up to a podium right next to it. They had a few papers that they were looking over, then they started giving what I could only assume was an "I'm sorry" speech.

"Today we gather here, in front of this pyre, to give two young men a funeral in the way that is custom to their world," Celestia started, "I cannot apologize enough for what they have lost, so I will do the only thing I can. I will have a person they knew and trusted give them their final goodbyes." She looked over to me with a sad expression on her face. "Django, would you please come and say something?"

I nodded and walked over to the undersized podium to begin my speech. As I looked out over the crowd of ponies waiting to hear my words, I realized something. I was not supposed to be doing this; I was just a kid. Why should a kid have to be doing things like this? It should not be my responsibility to be a leader of my species on another world, and it should not be my responsibility to be in charge of the thing that was happening right there and then. But even though it should not be, it was my responsibility, and I would have to accept it. I took a deep breath and and looked over to the two princesses and signaled that they should begin the translation.

"Their names were Ramon and Shawn," I started, "and they were my friends. They're on top of this pyre by nobodies fault; it was only by a run of bad luck that they had their lives taken from them. I'm sad to say it, but I will, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I know it's always easier to be able to blame something or somebody for everything bad in life, but this time, I don't think the blame falls to anybody. I know I'm not the right person for this kind of thing, and there are countless other people that could do way better than me, but I'm going to give them a send off that only a friend could give." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm going to miss them, I'm sure we all will, but there's nothing we can do for them now but honor their memories. I'm sure that they're in a better place now than they were on Earth, but not because they were angels, but because I'm not sure that it could get much worse, and I'm glad that they can finally find peace, and rest." I then took out the silver zippo lighter that I took from my pack and lit it. "So I say this now, to friends and enemies alike," I lowered the lighter in front of my face, "May you finally find peace from life, in death." With that I lowered the lighter to the base of the pyre and set it ablaze.

I walked back to the small crowd of Humans and watched the fire rise from the bottom to the top and quickly consume the entire pyre. The pillar of flame and smoke was massive, and the ponies all had to back off to a safer distance, but not us. We stood close enough to the fire that we could feel the intense heat, and smell the bodies of our friends burn. None of us said anything the whole time, we did not feel like we had the right to. So we just stood there in silence for hours watching the fire.

Such an odd thing, fire. It is so pretty, yet so deadly. It can hypnotize you into thinking that you are safe and cozy, then it will kill you when you are not paying attention. It promises safety and warmth from the cold and darkness, but then it tricks you into thinking that it is something to be trusted. You can never trust fire, and fire never trusts you. Such an odd thing, fire...

"Django, you can't stay this close to the fire, you'll be hurt!"

I looked over to see Twilight and her friends looking at us all with worried looks.

"Why should I move away? The fire is warm, and makes me feel cozy."

They got even more worried looking after I said that.

I looked back into the heart of the fire, where it was burning white hot.

"I bet it's even better inside of the fire," I said in a slow voice. "Don't you?"

I think she was going to say something else, but I did not hear her over the roaring flames as I walked closer towards the pyre. I looked back to see my friends, Humans and ponies alike, staring at me in horror. I was only a foot or so from the giant flame, and something inside of me was telling me to go closer.

I bet it's like a brand new blanket in there...

I took a step closer, then another, then another. I was sure that I could be inside of it in just one more step, but I did not get the chance to find out. I felt something slip around my stomach and tighten up enough to hurt me. I was then pulled back away from the fire and landed on my back right at the hooves of Applejack.

"Are ya crazy?! What was goin' through yer head?!"

I looked up into her face and saw that she was close to tears. I had made her this way, and I was not sure how.

I should say something to her...

"Do you know why it is that a raven is like a writing desk?"

She looked at me like I had just lost my mind, and I think I might have. "What?"

For some reason her answer sounded like the funniest thing that I had ever heard in my life. I started laughing so hard that it hurt my sides, and I ended up coughing from the fire making my throat dry. I saw the people around me exchange worried looks, and then they dragged me away from the fire by the rope that I just now noticed was around my stomach. I coughed for a bit after I was away from the fire, but afterwards I was fine.

"Django, are you okay?! Why were you going into the fire?! You could have been killed! You would have been killed!"

I looked over to the voice yelling in my ear and saw a teary-eyed Twilight Sparkle. I also saw that my friends from Earth were standing around me too. I did not know what to tell them, I did not know what I could have told them. "I- I guess I sort of lost it for a second there."

Twilight could not hold back her tears any longer, she started crying a river and lunged forward to hug me. She buried her head in my chest and wept, and I was not sure what I should do. After a while though, I knew I had to do something, so I did the only thing I could think to do. I put my arms gently around her and pulled her closer to me, then I craned my neck so that my head was right next to hers.

"Don't worry," I whispered into her ear, "I'm not leaving you, not ever." Then I gripped her firmly in my arms in a hug that was neither too strong, nor too weak. "Don't cry Twilight, I'm here for you." I could no longer here her sobbing, but she was still shaking in my arms. I took one hand away from the embrace so I could run my fingers through her mane. After a few strokes she stopped shaking and I could here her sniffing slightly. "It's okay Twilight, everything's going to be okay. There's no need to cry, everything's going to be fine."

She took her head from my chest and looked into my eyes. She was genuinely scared that I was going to be hurt. I was surprised that she cared this much for me, and I have only been here for about a week. I looked back into her eyes and saw true feelings there.

"I'd never leave you Twilight, never forever."

Then she did something I did not expect. She leaned forward and kissed me, right there in front of everybody. In front of her friends, in front of my friends, in front of the two princesses, even in front of the whole town!

It was not like the kiss from Cherry, or from Redheart. There were true feelings behind it, not just lustful intentions. I was about to push her off, but then I felt that the kiss was not... unpleasant. She had a sort of sweet taste to her, and she was a surprisingly good kisser. But what got me was that her lips did not feel like I thought they would- not that I think about that kind of thing... Really! But I swear to you, they felt exactly like a Human's lips.

I started to push her off, but I felt like I was peeling off a piece of myself, and it hurt me, inside. So I did the only other thing that I could do in that situation: I kissed her back. We sat there like that for what felt like ages, until we heard a polite cough off to our side.

We broke the kiss, but did not look over to where the sound came from, instead we seemed to be trapped in each others eyes. I was captivated by the gentle lavender light that her eyes seemed to be radiating at that moment, and she was lost in the darkness that my good eye held inside, and the oblivion that my dead eye created.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," said a voice I recognized to be Celestia's, "but I think it's time to head to Sugar Cube Corner for some dinner."

We were broken out of our stupor at the same time, and we both saw what we were doing at the same time.

"Uh, wow Twilight, I didn't know, um..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"I'm glad that, um, you're okay Django. I was, er, really worried..." She was a bit lost for words too.

I looked away from her to glare at me friends. "If you say anything, I'll rip your god damn tongues out!"

She turned to her friends at the same time as I turned to mine. "I don't want to hear one word!"

We both turned to look at one another very quickly and shared an unsure smile, then we got up and followed the crowd to Sugar Cube Corner to get our dinner. But I was not hungry, and from the look on Twilight's face, neither was she.

***

Dinner was uneventful, and I was glad for it. I only ate a little bit, and only had to knock out one of my friends the whole time, so it was an okay way to spend an evening. But I did not want to be here. I hated crowded areas, and I really needed to talk to Twilight about what happened back in the park.

"That speech was so great Django."

"Yeah, I was almost crying."

I was talking to the two pegasi sisters Flitter and Cloudchaser. They both had a light grey coat color with bright eyes and mane styles that looked more like a statement than anything else.

I nodded my thanks at the two mares standing in front of me. "thank you, that means a lot."

"You must be a public speaker where you're from with skills like those."

"Oh there's no way he isn't. I bet he's famous for his speeches."

I really wanted to get away from these two before something bad happened. I knew it was going to happen because I had the feeling I get in my gut whenever something bad is about to happen.

"Well, I'm sure that there's a few people who will remember me for my words."

They both smiled at me and came a little closer to me, and I immediately took a step back, but I did not realize that my back was to a wall, so I hit solid boarding and could not go any farther.

"We were so touched by your words that we want to thank you by making you feel the same way."

"Yeah, we want to make you feel 'touched', and maybe even more."

They both giggled at her pay on words, but I did not. I felt like I was a rat in a trap. There was a table to my left, and a giant, chocolate statue of the two princesses to my right. I was going to have a hell of a time getting out of this, but I was going to get out of it one way or another.

"That's enough you two; leave him alone."

They both turned around, and I looked past them to see Twilight standing there with an annoyed look on her face. The two of them tried to look defiant, but turned tail and bolted when she lit up her horn and aimed it at them.

"Thanks for the save Twi'," I said as I let out a breath that I did not know that I had been holding in, "I appreciate it."

"You're welcome Django, I'm always happy to help."

There was an awkward silence between the two of us for a short time before I decided that it was an issue that had to be addressed.

"Listen, Twilight, about what happened back in the park, I-" but she cut me off before I could finish.

"It's okay Django, I know that you don't want to have a relationship with an alien. I just hope that we can still be friends."

She then turned to leave me, but I grabbed her by her tail and pulled her closer to me, and spun her around at the same time. She was a little startled, but I did not care, I had something to say and she was going to listen.

"Twilight, that's just the thing. I didn't... not, like it..."

Her eyes widened and a smile slowly started spreading across her face. "You mean-"

"Yes."

"So you-"

"Yes."

"And we can-"

"Yes damn it, yes! Now stop asking questions, it's giving me a headache."

She looked overjoyed at my news, and jumped up to hug me around my neck, but since she was a lot shorter than me I had to go on one knee so she could reach. She was extremely happy, and I was feeling pretty good myself.

When she let go she started to say something else, but was cut off by the crowd.

"D'aaaaawwwwww."

We both looked around us to see that the entire party was looking at us like we were the most interesting thing in the world.

I shot a death glare at the crowd and looked back to Twilight. I saw that she had a slightly embarrased look on her face from the crowd seeing us like this.

We walked away from the staring eyes of the crowd and over to a more secluded area of the room. I did not want to talk to her in from of all those people. They were staring at me, and I did not like that.

"Hey Twi'," I said, "You wanna cut dinner short and head out?"

She got an uncertain look on her face and I could tell what she was thinking.

"Nothing like that, I just want to talk a bit with you about some things, that's all."

"Oh," she said, sounding relieved, "sure, we can go back to the library and talk abut it. I had a few things I wanted to talk to you about too."

I nodded my head in an exaggerated manner and clapped my hands together. "'Tis settled then, we shall adjourn to the library, and there I shall make us both a fruity beverage whilst we discuss the things that vex us so."

She rolled her eyes at my impression of an olden times gentleman and trotted away from the party with me right behind her.

Once we were out of Sugar Cube Corner I took a bigger step than normal and was instantly at her side. It was easy enough to keep pace with her, since she had legs a lot shorter than mine. That, and I have a quick pace when I am walking.

"So," I began, "I've been wondering what happened to my Glock."

She looked at me with a curious look on her face. "Your what?"

"You know, the thing that nearly killed me."

"Oh," she said darkly, "I have it locked up in a chest up in my room. Why do you want to know?"

"Well... I'd like to get it back. It is mine you know."

She stopped in mid-stride, like she was just frozen in time. "What?! Why would you want something like that back after it nearly killed you?!"

I sighed at the idea of having to explain why I need it with me. I could just lie and say that it is important to me for some reason or another, but I thought that lying to her would be a bad move on my part. I would just tell her the truth as best I could.

"Well, it's important to me," I said. "I kinda need it."

"Why do you need something like that around?"

"It's... hard to explain." I took a moment to make sure I got the words right. "My Glock is to me, what your magic is to you. It's a part of me, and I'm not sure if I could really do without it."

"What do you mean 'it's a part of you'? I've seen you do fine without it before. Why do you need it now?"

I rubbed the back of my neck and thought if it was best to tell her or not. After a few seconds of thinking though, I decided that it would be better if she knew than if she did not.

"Twilight, let's get to the library before I tell you anything else; I don't want to be overheard by anybody who might be listening in on our conversation."

She looked at me suspiciously and walked up closer to me. "You better not be up to anything Django."

I help up my hands at shoulder high and smiled playfully at her. "Don't worry, I'm not trying to take over the world or anything, I swear."

We stared each other down for a few seconds before she backed up and we both laughed at ourselves.

***

We did not say anything else the whole way back to the library, but I wanted it that way. I did not trust the shadows, and I wanted to be sure that we were alone for what I had to say.

I walked into the kitchen and made us both a glass of apple flavored tea and sat her down at the table across from me.

"Listen Twilight, I'm about to tell you something that only three people in existence, including me, knows about. I need you to keep this a secret, from everybody."

She gave me a cautious look when I said that.

"I'm serious Twilight. If you ever tell anybody, I'll be in trouble, real trouble."

"What did you do exactly?" she asked cautiously.

I looked down at the table, and stared into the steam coming from my cup. It happened years ago, but I remember it like it had happened only a few seconds ago.

"You saw what the Glock could do, right?"

She nodded her head.

"Okay, now imagine that, but in somebodies head, and three shots, instead of just one."

Her eyes widened when she got the mental picture, and I did not blame her for getting that look. When it happened to me, I nearly threw up.

"I was walking over to my friend's house a while back when it happened. I should have waited for the rush hour traffic to come by, but I was stupid. He lived in a really bad area of East Cleveland, a part of town where you'd get shot just for the color of your skin."

She got an unbelieving look on her face, and I knew that that kind of thing did not happen here.

"Turns out, I wasn't really welcome in that part of town, and two local gangbangers thought that it was a good idea to make sure I knew that." I looked up into her eyes, and she she actually flinched away from the look I had. "One of them came at me with a knife, and I got into a fight with him. He wasn't trying to cut me, just trying to scare me, but I'm not the type to run away." I looked back down at the table and noticed that my cup of tea was shaking. "I got the knife away from him when he lunged forward and lost his balance. But his friend pulled a gun. He pointed it straight at me and told me to give back the knife and leave." I chuckled slightly at the memory of the fight. It was not funny to me, but something made me laugh anyway. "I did give it back. I gave it back to him right in his neck, and when he was bleeding out all over the ground I grabbed his gun and pointed it at the guy who had the knife. I made him get on his knees, and I put the gun right up to his head. He was just a kid, younger than me even. I knew it would be wrong to kill him, but right then, with me holding that gun to his head, I felt like the king of the world." I looked back at Twilight, but I could not meet her eyes, so I just stared past her, and looked at the wall of her kitchen. "I pulled the trigger, and then I did it again, and then I did it a third time. I killed them both, and it made me feel... good. Good that I wasn't the one on the ground, and good that the two of them were laying dead in the dirt."

I had to put an enormous amount of effort into it, but I managed to look Twilight in the eyes. "I took the knife and the gun and cleaned them off so nobody would know that I did it. I made it to my friend's house and we hung out like nothing had happened, and then I went home, took a shower, and went to sleep. I woke up the next day feeling like I was going to puke my stomach up, and took the day off from school. I spent the whole day with a garbage can next to me in case I did throw up, but I never did. I saw the two of them on the news too. Apparently some old homeless guy was there and saw me kill them, but he was too drunk to remember what I looked like. My friend figured it out after a while, and I make the third person who knows."

Twilight was staring at me with a look I could not quite read on her face, and I knew that everything she thought about me had just changed right then and there.

"If you want to think of me as a murderer Twilight, I won't blame you. But the reason I need my gun back is bacause of those two kids. I need it to remember not to lose control like that again. I might not get lucky and only have a drunken hobo as a witness next time. I don't plan on using it, but I need it to help me keep control, because sometimes, something else takes over. When that happens, people get hurt, and I get in trouble. If that happens here, I might get in more trouble than I would back on Earth; here, it might cost me my life, and I would rather not die."

When I finished there was a silence hanging in the room. Neither of us seemed to want to break it before the other, so we just sat there staring at each other for what seemed like hours.

After ages of that though, Twilight finally spoke up. "Why didn't you just let him go?"

I shook my head. "I don't know why I killed him. All I know is that I did, and I can never take that back."

She reached a hoof over the table and pulled my head around so she could look into my eyes. She seemed different somehow in that moment. She was dead serious, and I do not think I have ever seen her this way.

"Do you regret killing them Django?"

"If I could go back and do it again, I would have done it differently. I wish I could have a do-over, but I know that I can't."

She used her hoof to pull me closer to her, so my face was only inches away from her's.

"That's not what I asked. Do you regret killing them?"

I knew my answer, and I knew that I would have to tell her. She would be able to tell if I am lying or not. I am not sure how I knew that, but I knew that she would be able to.

I looked her straight in the eyes and wiped all the emotion from my face. When I did this people told me I looked like a serial killed, but I did it then so that she knew just how serious I was.

"No."

"Why?" she asked, "Why don't you regret doing something so horrible?" She sounded like she was getting worked up, and I knew that she wanted me to give a different answer.

"Because my world has enough problems without those two running around waving weapons everywhere."

She closed her eyes and let me go so I could lean back in my chair. But I did not lean back in my, I got up and walked around to her and put one arm around her and used the other hand to go through her mane.

"Twilight, I'm sorry if I'm not the person you thought I was, but I can't help things like that. It wasn't my choice that they tried to hurt me, and it wasn't my choice that it had to end violently." I took my hand away from her mane and gently gripped her jaw. "Twilight, I'm not the kind of person who looks for a fight. I don't try to hurt people, but things happen, and I can't stop them from happening. This is why I need it back Twilight, so I can remember not to hurt people like that again."

She opened her eyes and looked at me like she was going to cry. I hated seeing her like this, but I did not know what I could do to make it her feel better.

"If I give it back to you," she said in a strained voice, "will you promise not to use it?"

There was that word again. She wanted a promise, so I had to think about the words. After a short time I had them though; this was an easy one. "Twilight, if you give me back my gun, I promise that I won't kill anybody with it."

She smiled at me when she heard me promise not to kill anybody. She knew that I did not want to hurt any of the people of this world, but there was no doubting that she was afraid of what could be done with something as powerful as my gun.

She led me upstairs to her bedroom and showed me where the chest was that held my Glock. It was a sturdy looking chest and would probably be hard to break into, so that was good.

"Sit down on the bed while I get it for you; it'll only take a moment to get it unlocked."

I sat down on her bed and looked around the room. She had almost as many books up in her bedroom than she did in the actual library. She kept it insanely neat and organized and I was amazed at how far ahead she had planned her calendar.

"Here it is Django," I heard her say off to my side.

I looked over and saw her levitating the small box from my pack in her magic.

I reached for it, but she swung it to her side and away from me.

"That's not funny Twilight," I said in an annoyed voice.

I reached for it again, but she moved it just barely out of reach at the last second. I could not reach it sitting down anymore, so I stood up and took a step towards the floating box. But suddenly the box came flying at me and hit me in the chest hard enough to knock me on my back. Luckily for me I was not too far from Twilight's bed and had a soft landing. I started to get up, but something landed on top of me. I looked down to see the box that held my gun resting on my chest. I went to grab for it, but it was a trap. When I was distracted by the box, Twilight had jumped up onto the bed on the other side. When I looked up again, she was staring down at me with a smile on her face. It looked a little funny because she was the other way, so to me it looked like one of us was upside down.

"Twilight, what ar-" but she cut me off with a kiss.

It was a lot like the kiss from before. It was not bad, but I was not sure if I could call it good. It was pretty good by normal standards, but by my standards, it was an okay kiss. But I was not sure if I should even be thinking about this while she was kissing me. I should be pushing her off, but just like last time, something inside stopped me from separating us.

The kiss finally broke, but she was not done. She used her magic to pull me farther up onto the bed so that I was not hanging halfway off. She also turned me in mid-air so that we were pointing in the same direction.

I wanted to tell her to stop, to wait, to do something besides this, but before I could say anything, she was kissing me again.

It was a long and lingering kiss, but one that I did not dislike. I did not know if I could do this, but I was not sure if I even wanted to find out.

When the kiss finally broke, I grabbed her by her shoulders to stop her so I could speak again. "Twilight, what are you doing?!"

She leaned closer and whispered into my ear. "You are a good person Django, I know you are. I want to be with you, and this is how I want it to be."

I looked at her with an unbelieving expression. "Have you even done this before?"

She looked embarrassed when she answered. "Well, um, no. But I did read all about it in books, so I know what to expect and what to do."

I tried to get more words out, but she broke my grip and was on me again.

Her kissing me actually felt... good. More than good even, it felt amazing kissing her. But I did not want to admit that to myself until then. I have been afraid of what might happen if I did something like this, but right then, in that bed with Twilight on top of me, I do not think I could have care less about anything.

This kiss was different from the others. It was different because I kissed back, and I put my heart into it. I put my arms around her and pulled her closer to me so that she was right up against my body. I was lost in feelings of pleasure, happiness, but also a little bit of guilt. If I did this, what would she think when I left to go back home?

That thought made me stop. "Twilight, if we do this, what's going to happen when I leave?"

She looked deep into my eyes for a second before answering, but when she did answer, I almost wish she had not. "Are you going to leave Django?"

I started to answer, but I could not. I could not form words for some reason, and I did not even have the slightest clue why.

"If you stay here with me, you'll finally be happy."

I opened my mouth to answer, but she kissed me again, and my scrambled mind got even more mixed up. I do not think I have ever felt like this before, and she was the one who was making me feel that way. Was I really going to leave that? Could I?

But I lost the ability to form cognitive thought once a very familiar feeling below my belt started making itself known. My pants were getting tighter, and tighter in the front, and soon I would have to undo them so I would not be crushed.

Once the feeling got to be too much for me, I had to do it, I just could not fight it anymore.

"Twilight," I said breathlessly, "I need to unzip my pants; it's starting to hurt."

She smiled at me with a smile that could only be pulled off by a woman and got off of me so I could undo my belt and unzip my pants.

But something happened then, something I am not sure if I was grateful for, or angry at.

The door to the bedroom burst open and Twilight's five friends were standing there.

"Twilight, why di-" pinkie started, but stopped when she saw what was going on.

They all at once saw me and Twilight in bed. Me with my belt undone and my hands working at my pants zipper. Her with her mane all mussed up and a look of shock in both of our eyes.

We both opened our mouth to yell at the same time. "This isn't what it looks like!"

End Chapter: Chapter Twelve: Final Goodbyes