• Published 29th May 2013
  • 4,509 Views, 22 Comments

Secrets - Robobrony



Theres a new unicorn in town with a secret to hide.

  • ...
2
 22
 4,509

Journal Entry

Chapter 2: Journal Entry

Month: XX Year: XXXX

Today is the first day for me in my new home of Ponyville. I was fortunate enough to get a house that was already furnished. The town seems nice enough and friendly. I even had the chance to meet two other ponies who seemed really nice, the first was a Pegasus with a grey coat and cross eyes named Derpy. After her, I met a nice earth pony who was very silly, she even went so far as to greet me with a welcome wagon, a literal welcome wagon. It had music and an oven for a cake, and she even sang a nice song for me. But, as usual, I had to act cold and uncaring and try to chase her away. I felt bad for slamming the door in Derpy’s face after she delivered an invitation to a party, and for yelling at the pink pony, I believe her name was Pinkie Pie, she was pretty funny and seemed very friendly. She even seemed dead set on being my friend.

Unfortunately, I can’t ever have any friends, if any pony found out what kind of family I came from, no pony would want to be my friend. So I must continue with a sad lonely life without friends. Why did this have to happen. I just hope Pinkie Pie gave up on trying to make me her friend so I don’t have to worry about hurting her feelings any more.
End journal entry.

Midnight Star just finished writing an entry in a journal he kept. He was in his house at the time after he got back from shopping around for other supplies he needed for his house. He decided now would also be a good time to head out and check out the park. “Maybe I can get some inspiration from the setting sun.” He thought to himself. He got his saddle bags that were packed with a sketch pad and colored pencils, as well as his journal. He left and headed to the park.

Meanwhile, Twilight and Pinkie had gathered the others to explain the situation with the new pony. Twilight was the first to speak. “I’m glad you all came, Pinkie believes that the new pony in town is hurting awful bad on the inside because of some secret he’s hiding. I think we should do what we can to help him and get him to open up.”

A cream yellow Pegasus with a soft pink mane and tail and three butterflies for a cutie mark spoke with a soft sweet gentle voice. “I don’t know Twilight, it doesn’t seem nice to go poking around in someone else’s business…..if you don’t mind me saying.” She spoke rather nervously.

“I have ta agree with Fluttershy, it don’t seem right ta go pryin like that, even if it is ta help some poor pony.” An orange earth pony with a blonde mane and tail tied up at the ends with red ribbons, a stetson hat on her head, and three red apples for a cutie mark spoke up.

“Oh come on Applejack, aren’t you at least a little curious to find out what this big secret is? I know I am, besides, it could be fun.” Rainbow dash said as she hovered over the group. “Rarity might be able to get something out of him since he’s her new neighbor, right Rarity?”

The one identified as Rarity was a white coated unicorn with a violet colored mane and tail styled in curls, she had three light blue diamonds for a cutie mark. “Well, I suppose I might be able to charm something out of him. But it does seem like a strange waste of my charm to get some stallion to tell me his secrets.”

Pinkie then spoke up. “Come on girls, we have to try, when he was yelling at me, I could see the pain in his eyes, he was lying about how he felt. I know when some pony is hurting on the inside, and he looked like he was hurting on the inside a lot.”

“So, will we work on trying to get him to open up to us or what?” Twilight asked all her friends.

“YEAH!” They all cheered together.

Midnight Star was now sitting on a hill in Ponyville park watching the sun set. “It sure is beautiful, perfect inspiration.” He brought out his sketch pad and colored pencils and began to draw out the scene before him. He managed to capture the different shades of orange and yellow that colored the sky, as well as the clouds that lazily drifted by. Once he was finished, he was pleased with his work. He set his sketch pad back in his bag. “That will make a nice painting. I hope I can use it to jumpstart my business.” He then brought out his journal to read through it for old time’s sake.

He quietly read what he wrote down to himself. “Dad, why did you have to do it?” He asked himself as a tear started to form in his eye.

He failed to notice a pony approach him as he placed his journal back in his bag with his magic grasp. “Hey there.” The pony called out so suddenly that it surprised Midnight Star.

“YAH, what the hay?!” He quickly turned around and saw a sky blue Pegasus coming up to him. Midnight furrowed his brow. “What’s the big idea sneaking up on me?!” He glared at the Pegasus.

“Sorry about that, didn’t mean to scare you. I just saw you sitting here looking lonely and thought you might like some pony to talk to.” Rainbow Dash said as she sat down next to him.

Midnight thought it was nice of her to offer companionship, but he just couldn’t accept it. “Look miss.”

She cut him off. “The name’s Rainbow Dash, what’s your name?”

“Midnight Star, now look MISS, I don’t need companionship, I was just admiring the scenery, now if you don’t have business to discuss, which I doudt since I haven’t had the chance to start up my business, then perhaps you could be on your merry way.”

Rainbow wasn’t about to give up so easily. She was here to try and see if she could soften him up. “Awe ponyfeathers, every pony needs some pony to talk to, why don’t you tell me what this business of yours is that you plan on starting.”

Midnight could tell she was going to be just as persistent as Pinkie Pie. “Listen, Rainbow Dash was it, I’m not interested in making friends, I don’t need them, I don’t want them, and I would appreciate it if you would just leave me alone, good day!” Midnight then got up and left Rainbow alone, feeling defeated.

“Wow, seems he’s going to be harder to crack then we thought.” Rainbow then made her way back to twilight’s where the others were waiting to hear how she made out, they had come up with a plan where they would each take a turn to try and talk to him. Rainbow was first on the list.

She got back to the library and met up with the others. “Hey girls, I ran into the new guy at the park.”
“How did it go, did you get to talk to him?” Fluttershy asked.

“Kind of, I did manage to get his name though, it’s Midnight Star, but that was all I could get out of him before he walked off.”

“Perhaps I could give it a try next, he is my neighbor now after all.” Rarity said as she stepped forward. “I’ll swing by his place in the morning and see if I can’t charm him into talking.”

“Good luck with that, it’s like he didn’t even notice my awesomeness.” The others, except for Pinkie and Fluttershy, just rolled their eyes at her.

“Well anyway, good luck tomorrow Rarity.” Twilight said to her unicorn friend. With that, they all headed home for the night.

The next morning after breakfast, Rarity headed on over to her new neighbor’s house, Midnight Star, to say hello. At the time, Midnight was painting out the sketch he made yesterday of the sun set at the park. He was levitating four brushes at once with different colors on them as he moved them across his canvass. When he was done with one color on a brush he would move it away from the canvas, rinse it off in water and put another color on it while keeping the others in motion. “This is going to look great, I just know it.” Then, there came a knock on the door. “Now who could that be?” He stopped his work, cleaned off the brushes and headed over. “Yes, how can I…..help…you?” He was stunned, standing before him was a beautiful unicorn mare with beautiful blue eyes and a magnificently curled mane and tail.

Rarity began. “Good morning sir, my name is Rariy, the one who owns and runs the boutique next door. I simply had to come over and introduce myself.”

“Oh sweet Luna she’s gorgeous, NO, I can’t let myself succumb to such beauty, I must keep a strong front.” Midnight thought to himself. “Um, *AHEM* good morning miss, my name is Midnight Star, is there anything I can do for you?”

“Oh I already know your name, it just so happens that you already met two of my friends, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, and you did tell Rainbow Dash your name.”

“Oh great, there’s more of them, no matter, just don’t let them in, keep a strong front and you’ll be fine.” “Really, well if you don’t have business with me, then I must ask you to leave, I’m in the middle of a project right now.”

Rarity batted her eyelashes at him. “Oh really, what sort of project, Rainbow did say you were starting up a business here.”

“O COME ON, batting your eyelashes like that just isn’t fair, these ponies are playing dirty to try and get close to me.” Midnight kept up a serious face. “If you must know, I’m an artist, I am currently working on a painting I will use as a form of advertisement to show every pony my skills, I plan on making and selling paintings for others.”

“That sound wonderful dear, can I see what you have so far?”

Midnight closed his eyes and shook his head. “Sorry, but I don’t let others see my work when it’s not done.”

“I understand, I’m a bit of an artist myself, only with clothes, perhaps you could come over some time and I could make you a fabulous suit for when you meet that very special somepony someday.” She gave Midnight a sly look.

“OH sweet Celestia, this pony is really bringing out the big guns. I don’t know how much more of this I can take. I’d better try and get rid of her before she breaks me.” “That’s nice of you to offer, but no thank you, now if you’ll excuse me, I really need to get back to work.” Midnight then closed the door on Rarity. Once he was safely inside his house alone, he let out a huge sigh. “*WHEW* That was a close one, sweet celestial bodies that pony was beautiful. I just hope she doesn’t try this again, I don’t know if I could take it.” He said to himself.

Rarity stood there for a moment feeling flabbergasted. She couldn’t believe that he was able to withstand her charm. “I just don’t believe it, how could he resist such a beautiful mare like myself. Oh well, I hope the others have better luck. At least I was able to get him to open up a little.”

Rarity went to the library to inform Twilight of how she did. “Good morning Twilight.”

Twilight was just coming out of her room when she saw Rarity enter. “Good morning Rarity, how did your meeting with Midnight Star go?”

Rarity began. “Well, not as well as I had hoped, I did get him to tell me a little about what kind of business he wants to start. He’s starting up an art studio, apparently he’s an artist. That was all I was able to get out of him though.”

Twilight looked deep in thought. “Hmm, perhaps I could try and talk to him, I’m sure he just needs some pony to let him know that he can talk to us about anything without worry. I’ll try and head over later today.”

“I wish you the best of luck Twilight, he just didn’t seem phased by my beauty and charm.” Twilight just gave a smirk.

“Maybe I can get him interested in some art books I have in my library. I’m sure that will get to him.” Twilight now had a plan for her attempt to talk with the new pony in town. Let’s just see if it will work.

Author's Note:

Hope you all like the revised chapter. again when leaving comments, please make sure there are no spoilers in them for future new readers. YOU ALL ROCK :)