• Published 29th May 2013
  • 883 Views, 6 Comments

Of And Dot - not plu



This is a story of Twila Sparks and Trixie. Of light and dark. Of love and loss.

  • ...
3
 6
 883

Of Twila Sparks

Of Twila Sparks

Of course I loved- love her. I have, and always will. You see, Twila, this is just the way the world works. There’s a symbol you may have seen before- yin-yang. It represents life: the darkness in the light and the light in the darkness. Here, let me find you a picture...

As I child I clung to anything the queen took interest in. For weeks I devoted all of my time to this symbol. I had countless books pulled from ancient libraries, and would devour them along with my morning cereal while she just watched, as an experimenter would. I eventually stopped when I began to see yings and yangs upon closing my eyes. I was seven. I still fear closing my eyes sometimes.

I’d seen a fair amount of horror from a young age. Things I’d never repeat. Ever. Things that could, and often did, make people go crazy. Yet my nightmares all feature black and white circles. And specific ones, at that.

It just got worse as time went on. The years seemed to be multiplied by ten, if you judged their effect on me.

My name is Twila Sparks.

I’m leaving my dream world- the royal school at Canterlot, and the personal tutoring by Celeste to move to an ag town in the middle of nowhere simply because the queen told me I needed fresh air.

I am not very happy about this.

Luckily, I’m not alone. I have my adopted brother Spike here for support, at least. Not that he’s anything more than a bumbling personal assistant.

Oh dear lord that storm is... two, three... close.

At least we’re not traveling by plane.

I love the atmosphere created by thunderstorms, but I’d rather not go out in them. Unfortunately, royal decrees are royal decrees, and cannot be allowed, even if you happen to be the queen's pet.

That was a pun.

Anyway, I was adopted by the queen at age four and raised as her personal student. I'm pretty smart.

Hyperbole. I'm a prodigy.

Which is why I'm the youngest ever cabinet member.

Which is the official reason I'm departing from Canterlot today.

In my opinion, I think the queen just wants to get rid of me.

People tell me I'm annoying sometimes.

Hyperbole. A lot.

I don't have many friends.

Hyperbole. I’m completely alone.

Other than Spike. But he doesn’t count.

He’s akin to my ward. And if you’ve read... never mind. I’ve been told I ramble often.

I can’t say I disagree, though it’s not my fault I know so much.

I’m awesome at trivia games.

Well I was, until I was banned from them.

That’s a long story, though. Maybe one for a different time.

I’m also always early. Which is why I must be off into the rain now, as to not be late for my train.