• ...
3
 26
 2,031

Questions Left Unanswered Pt. II

Author's Note: I apologize to any of those who have been waiting to read the next chapter. School has been a killer and I've been trying to schedule around that to finish my stories. My other story i put on hiatus so i can focus on writing and finishing this one. A few more chapters to go for this one! I hope Y'all enjoy!

“Um…h-hello…” Said the shy pegasus.

He didn’t know why, but this made the Sergeant smile. She strongly reminded him of a girl he went to high school with.

“What’s your name Miss?” Jackson asked.

“Um… my name is F-Flutterhy.” She said in almost a whisper.

Why does that name sound so familiar? Jackson thought. I just can’t remember anything.

“I’m very happy you two have introduced each other,” Twilight began, “But we need to leave right now if we’re going to make it to the train to Canterlot on time.”

“Oh right, my apologies Miss.” Jackson said.

“It’s alright. I’m sorry I sounded a bit rude. I just get all jittery when serious business comes to me from the Princess.”

“No need to apologize, it’s understandable. Now we should get going to this train?” Jackson asked.

“Oh yes we should. It leaves in 20 minutes so we should have enough time.” Twilight said. “I’m sorry Fluttershy but I have to go to Canterlot for a day or so. Spike will be able to help you out with what you need.”

“Oh uh okay.” Fluttershy said shyly.

“Spike!” Twilight called, “Fluttershy’s here and she needs your assistance!”

“Okay I’ll be down in a minute!” He replied

Twilight and Jackson walked toward the door where Fluttershy was standing. She moved to the right to allow them to pass but still hid behind her mane. Jackson opened the door, “After you ma’am.” He said

“Oh why thank you.” Twilight said in surprise. She didn’t expect somepony from another world to have such good manners.

“Pleasure’s all mine.” He replied to Twilight. “And it was very nice to meet you Miss Fluttershy.”

“Uhm you too.” She replied blushing.

“Hopefully we see each other again. You remind me of someone I met a long time ago.” He said.

Fluttershy blushed even more and all she could muster was a tiny squeak.

“Jackson, are you coming?” Twilight asked.

“Yes ma’am. Right away.” Jackson said. Being in a different world sure didn’t change the way he was trained to speak to people. Well in this case, ponies. After all, the Marine Corps was all about respect.

They trotted down the path to the train station and above them they caught glimpse of something light blue, like a cyan color, that flew fast past them. The way it flew so low and how fast it was moving made Jackson hit the floor and pull his weapon near.

“What the hell was that!?” Jackson shouted, clutching his M4. What surprised him was the trigger area seemed to be enlarged enough to where a hoof could fit through. How the hell did this happen? Jackson thought to himself as he got up.

Twilight giggled. “That’s Rainbow Dash. She’s always practicing her speed and aerodynamics for the WonderBolts. It’s her dream to become one of them someday. I don’t know about anypony else, but I think she’s ready for them.

“What’s the WonderBolts?” Jackson asked confused.

“The WonderBolts are Equestria’s elite flight team that performs shows all over. They do all sorts of aerodynamic stunts that make audiences leave the shows in awe.” She replied.

“Huh, that kind of sounds a little similar to the Blue Angels.” Jackson thought aloud.

“What was that?” Twilight asked.

“Oh nothing. I was just thinking out loud.”

“You said something that sounded like Blue Angels?”

“Yes. When you were describing the WonderBolts to me, it sounded pretty familiar with the Blue Angels. The Blue Angels, in my world, are also expert fliers who perform shows for audiences.”

Twilight thought for a moment before speaking, “If you really are from a different world, then our two totally different worlds seem to be connected somehow. Everything just seems to be similar to something else.”

“You’re right. But I guess when we see this Princess of yours; maybe she knows something about all this.”

“Yeah I hope you’re right.” Twilight said with a look of worry in her eye.

Jackson stopped and put his hoof on her shoulder. “What’s wrong Miss Twilight Sparkle?”

Twilight stared into his crimson eyes for a few seconds before shaking her head. “Oh it’s nothing. I just got lost in thought.”

“You’re worried.”

“Yeah. It was that obvious wasn’t it?” She asked as her ears lowered.

Jackson smiled. “Miss Sparkle I’ve been trained to see emotions through someone’s eyes. And if you lied about not being worried, I would be able to tell.”

“Wow your world seems to do a lot of this training stuff.” She said, perking up.

“I volunteered. Besides, not everyone can do the things we do.”

“Yeah I guess you’re right.”

“You doing better?” Jackson asked.

“Mhm.” She said nodding.

They started to walk again only to be stopped, AGAIN, by this Rainbow Dash.

“Hey there Twilight! Who’s this and what is he wearing? Is that over your shoulder a weapon? Are you a spy?!” Rainbow said as she looked over Jackson.

“Well it’s a pleasure to meet you too Miss Dash.” Jackson said with the best poker face he could muster. Although the way she was acting made him want to burst out laughing.

“Wait, how do you know my name!” She said as she began to draw a hoof back, readying herself for a punch. She swung her hoof and just a few centimeters from his face, Jackson shifted his weight and brought his front hooves up to catch her punch. He twisted it a little and pulled it behind her back. On the ground, she tried to swing her other hoof while cursing at him. He pushed her arm up an inch or two higher behind her back before she started tapping the ground.

“Ow! Ow! ow! Okay, okay, uncle! Uncle!” She shouted and Jackson let go. She got up and rubbed her left arm with a pouty face.

“I’m not a spy. I’m not going to hurt anybody.” Jackson said.

Rainbow Dash quickly recovered. “Says the pegasus who almost broke my arm! Twilight who is this dude? He doesn’t speak like he’s from here and he’s wearing this weird clothing.”

Twilight sighed. “This is Sergeant Paul Jackson. He’s new here and we’re going to see the Princess.”

Rainbow was confused. “Sergea- what?”

“It’s my rank in my job I pursue. That way I twisted your arm, was a defense move we’re trained to use in my world to defend ourselves from attackers in close combat. It doesn’t do any damage to the attacker it only subdues them. Although it could do damage depending on how it’s used. For you, not enough force was used to damage anything.” Jackson said

Rainbow was wide eyed. “Did you just say ‘your world’?”

Jackson sighed and turned to his right and looked at Twilight. “Looks like we have a story to tell. Come with us to the train station and to Canterlot and we’ll explain everything on the ride to your Princess.