• Published 28th May 2013
  • 33,946 Views, 1,312 Comments

The Arrival of Ford Mustang - RoyalRainbow



After a mysterious golden light teleports him to Equestria, the human, Ford, has been transformed into a full-grown Pegasus without a Cutie Mark. What challenges await him as he coops his new life in Ponyville?

  • ...
148
 1,312
 33,946

Epilogue – One Month Later…

Epilogue – One Month Later…

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

I am happy to announce that on this afternoon, Rainbow Dash has finally become an official Wonderbolt! And if you ask me, it’s about time too! You should have seen her, Twilight! She was absolutely flawless! The Wonderbolts who were judging her, including Spitfire & Soarin, just couldn’t get enough of her after her demonstrated performance! Anyway, I’m terribly sorry that you couldn’t be there to see it yourself, but don’t worry, we’ll tell you all about it once Pinkie Pie sets up the party tomorrow afternoon in honor of Rainbow Dash’s most commendable achievement. Just don’t tell her about it though; it’s a surprise!

After her acceptance into the team, we went out for dinner to celebrate. Over our meals, Rainbow’s been pretty worried on how her schedule as a Wonderbolt might put some distance in our relationship. I couldn’t tell you how touched I was for her to be so considerate of me, so I reassured her to not worry about that as we can work this out eventually. We only have two weeks to ourselves before Rainbow Dash begins her first day as a Wonderbolt, so we’re definitely going to make the most of it!

As for me, I’m doing really well! My new job as a weather pony is quite exhilarating and I’m progressing really fast thanks to Rainbow as my supervisor of course! In fact, I’ve completed my schedules so fast and efficient, that I’m allow to take my leaves earlier than usual, which means more time to spend with my marefriend! Even though she completes her routines much faster than I do, she still sticks around to wait for me or to help me out with what’s left. She’s so sweet! It’s going to be kind of sad for me and the rest of the weather ponies to say ours goodbyes to her, but I know that they'll be just as proud of her as I am.

Now, I suppose as a princess you want to hear what I’ve learned from all that has happened to me since my arrival in Equestria. Well, I guess what I’ve learned is that you don’t need a Cutie Mark to prove anything to yourself or to others. I used to think that it’s essential to have one in order to not only fit in amongst the herd, but also to prove your worth in life with whatever talents you have. But as time went on, I’ve learned to accept myself for who I am and for what I have, including my artistry, my good friends, and more importantly, my very own special somepony, Rainbow Dash, who was the first to accept and love me for who I am to this very day. I’ve never been happier in all of my life, and I wouldn’t trade that for anything else in this world or the next, not even for a Cutie Mark!

Well, that’s all from me, Princess! See you tomorrow afternoon for Rainbow Dash’s surprise party!

Your Humble Friend,

Ford Mustang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ford, where are you?!” I hear Rainbow Dash calling out to me upstairs. “I’m almost done here!”

“Coming!” I call back to her from the living room as I neatly roll up the letter.

Then, I wrap the scroll with an enchanted ribbon containing Twilight’s name and address. Since we don’t have a specific baby dragon at our disposal, Twilight was kind enough to give us these magical ribbons and seals that can teleport our letters in an instant. Once Twilight’s letter is all set, I place the seal onto the ribbon to activate the enchantment's triggering mechanism. Soon enough, the floating letter glows with a magical aura, and then, it vanishes in a puff of glittering smoke.

After the letter’s disappearing act, I eagerly make my way through the hallway to enter the bedroom. I pass by the enclosed bathroom along the way, where Rainbow Dash in still inside preparing her "special surprise." Once I’m inside the bedroom, I enthusiastically sit at the foot of the bed as I could hardly contain my anticipation any further.

“Okay! I’m here!” I joyfully shout out to the bathroom across from me.

“Awesome!” her voice rings out from bathroom’s enclosed door. “So about giving me a little intro to my stunning appearance, will ya?”

I chuckle a bit before replying back with a smile, “If you insist… Ahem…”

“Fillies and gentlecolts!” I proclaim while impersonating a traditional announcer. “It is with great pleasure and privilege that I introduce you to this season’s newest Wonderbolt! The coolest, fastest, most daring, most amazing, most awesome--!”

“Don’t forget 'most radical!'” Rainbow interrupts my exaggerative performance.

“Hey, who’s doing the introduction here, me or you?!” I retort at her.

“Fine, fine! Carry on!”

“Now where was I? Ah, yes… most radical mare you will ever meet in all of Equestria! Give it up for RAINBOW DAAAAASH!

Making her grand entrance outside the bathroom, Rainbow Dash steps forward into our bedroom as she shows off for the first time in her newly tailored Wonderbolt uniform, including the official goggles resting on her head! I like it that way; it allows me to continuously gaze at those mesmerizing, magenta eyes of hers. And of course, Rainbow does her boastful and surprisingly sexy pose as she looks at me with her bedroom eyes.

I stare at her speechlessly as I’m not sure what to say first. Of course, my body instinctively has a way of expressing that for me…

FOOMPH!

Following my throbbing wings’ cue, I simply say to myself with an approving smile, “Swag!”

“I take it you like what you see?” she asks me with a smug grin as she pulls off another pose in front of me.

“‘Like it?’” I smirk back at her. “Rainbow Dash, I’m never going to keep my mind off of you if you keep strutting around in your uniform like that again!”

She giggles like a schoofilly as she happily jumps onto my lap while showering me with a multitude of kisses. “I still can’t believe that I’m finally a Wonderbolt!” she glees ecstatically. "Everything is happening so fast!”

I recline on the bed as Rainbow continues to nestle on my bare chest. Suddenly, her snuggling comes to a stop as I look at her face for a minute. To my surprise, she looks sad all of a sudden as she lays her head on my chest.

“Maybe…too fast.” she mutters quietly to herself.

“What do you mean, Rainbow?” I puzzle at her reaction.

“I mean, we’ve just started our relationship a month ago, and now… now I have to leave you. And honestly… I really don’t want to go. I want to stay here… with you.” she admits halfheartedly.

I stroke her mane gently as I kiss her forehead to get her attention for me. “Rainbow, I know that you’re worried about all of this.” I tenderly comfort her. “But cheer up! The days will go by quickly and you’ll be back in my welcoming arms in no time!”

“I think you mean ‘hooves’, Mustang.” she chuckles with a small smile.

“Right… sorry.” I say embarrassingly. “I’m usually more careful about that.” Rainbow giggles a bit more as she starts to relax in my embrace.

“Anyway, if you like…” I continue. “…I can always send a letter to you each and every day.”

She quickly lifts her head up as she stares at me with wide eyes. “You’ll do that… for me?” she asks surprisingly with a small, hopeful smile.

“Cross my heart! Hope to fly! Stick a cupcake in my eye!” I promise to her as I go through the motions of a Pinkie Promise.

“But… I don’t know if I’ll have time to reply back for each letter you send.” She admits timidly.

“I’m okay with that!” I reassure her. “Just as long as you don’t mind how boring my letters could be!”

She shows a bright smile and responds to me, “Of course I won’t! Besides, as long as they’re from you, they’ll never be boring for me to read! Actually, if I recall correctly, the Wonderbolts should be able to get free guess passes for most of the shows we tour in! Maybe you can stop by and see me in action!”

“For you, I wouldn’t miss it for anything! But you see? No matter how far the distance is between us, we can make this work, together!” I look into her majestic eyes as I grasp her fore hoof tenderly.

“Why do you gotta say the sappiest things to me?” she grins at me.

“Because you love it and you know it.” I tease her with a cocky smile.

“True.” She nods grinningly before giving me a soft peck on the cheek.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay by yourself, Ford?” she asks me. “For one of the major tours, I might not see you within a month.”

“Hey, I’ve waited this long for a chance at love. What’s a few months going to do to hurt me now?” I answer with a shrug.

“I wish there’s way for me to return the favor by helping you out with your dream as an artist someday.”

“But you did help me with my dream, Rainbow. You’ve helped achieve a new dream for me.”

“Oh, and which dream is that?” she inquires with an all-knowing grin.

“The one where I hope to spend with somepony special for the rest of my life!” I answer determinedly.

With a contented smile, Rainbow gives me a soft, passionate kiss as I embrace her closely with my tender hooves wrapped around her. We hold on to that kiss for quite some time before we gradually part lips as we gaze affectionately into each others’ eyes.

“I love you, my big, strong Mustang.”

“And I love you, my beautiful, blue angel.”

THE END

Author's Note:

And that concludes my first fanfiction! Thank you very much for all of your support!