• Published 28th May 2013
  • 33,947 Views, 1,312 Comments

The Arrival of Ford Mustang - RoyalRainbow



After a mysterious golden light teleports him to Equestria, the human, Ford, has been transformed into a full-grown Pegasus without a Cutie Mark. What challenges await him as he coops his new life in Ponyville?

  • ...
148
 1,312
 33,947

Chapter 15 – Pony Express

Chapter 15 – Pony Express

Despite how awkward it was when I was sharing a bed with Rainbow Dash, I slept soundly throughout the rest of the night. As I wake up, I begin to notice how my sleeping position from last night is still the same: my right forehoof and right wing are still wrapped around my recovering friend next to me. As for her, she was pretty much the same as before, except she is now facing me while still in a deep sleep. I was startled a bit when I first see her facing me like this. But when I see how peacefully she is when she’s still asleep as she shows me her beautiful, dreamy smile, I start to relax on this sight as I smile broadly. It’s almost like a dream I was still in, and it’s a dream that I never want to wake up from.

“Good morning, Rainbow Dash!” Fluttershy greets with a quiet, pleasant voice as she enters the library.

Sigh… but some dreams don’t last forever.

“I hope you had a good night’s sle--!” Fluttershy pauses abruptly for what’s in front of her: me in bed with Rainbow Dash, who is happily content, as I drap my hoof and wing over her. In this very awkward silence, Fluttershy and I stare at each other with wide eyes, sunken pupils, and heavy blushes.

But then, that silence is about to be broken when it looks like Fluttershy is about to scream. To prevent Rainbow Dash from waking up from this, I quickly fly towards the yellow Pegasus and cover her muzzle with my hoof.

“Fluttershy, can we take this outside, please?” I whisper gently. She gingerly nods in response before I remove my hoof from her mouth. Quietly, we fly across the room and exit the library. And without trying to make any noise, we gently close the door behind us.

“Okay, you may continue.” I gesture civilly.

“Oh, thank you.” Fluttershy responds kindly. Then, she resumes where she left off by taking a big, deep breath as I prepare myself for an earth-shattering scream.

“Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” …I should have seen that coming from her.

“Better?” I ask her with a smile.

“Much better.” she responds after catching her breath gently.

“Oh, Mr. Mustang!” Fluttershy returns back to her timid, apologetic self. “I’m so sorry for walking in like that! I had no idea you would be staying over for the night! Hope I didn’t disturb anything!”

“Whoa, hold on, Fluttershy!” I wave my hooves defensively. “There’s a big misunderstanding!”

“But… you were in bed together…” she continues puzzlingly. “…and you had your wing over her and the way you two were smiling! Oh, goodness! I can’t believe I’m still thinking about it!” Upon over-thinking this misinterpretation, Fluttershy blushes greatly as she tries to hide it behind her long, pink mane.

“I’m serious, Fluttershy!” I try to reaffirm once more. “Nothing happened between us last night!” When she hears that, she gingerly moves her mane away from her face as she stares at me with continued disbelief.

“…Really?” she asks with a raised eyebrow.

“Really.” I answer firmly.

“Then… why did you have your wing over her?” I staggered as I recall what started this whole misunderstanding in the first place.

“She was cold last night due to her flu, so she… asked me to keep her warm.” I admit timidly with a glowing blush. Fluttershy just stares at me funny after I hesitantly tell her the truth. It really is quite uncomforting when dealing with the “Stare Master” herself.

“I offer a blanket to her first, I swear!” I add hastily with my hooves up in the air.

“So… nothing happened?”

“Nothing happened.”

“Well… I’m glad to hear that.” she sighs in relief.

“Good.”

All of a sudden, she gets up really close to my face with her surprisingly intimidating stare as she says to me threateningly, “Because if you even dare to hurt my Dashie in any way possible, so help me, Ford Mustang…!”

I make a loud gulp to confirm that promise she’ll make towards me. I calm myself down as I place my right hoof over my heart as my other hoof is held up high.

“I promise you, Fluttershy, I will never let that happen to her.” I swear with absolute conviction. Instantly, she returns back to her sweet, kind, gentle self after I make that vow.

“Well, now that we’ve cleared that up…” she says cheerfully as she trots back to the library. “…how about we have some breakfast, hmm? La-la-la-la-laaa.” she sings to herself while entering the main room. I chuckle nervously to myself as I start to creep out on how Fluttershy can change personalities so quickly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thanks again for breakfast, Fluttershy!” I comment happily after Fluttershy made me some cinnamon and brown sugar oatmeal, toast, and a serving of fruit salad.

“Oh, you’re quite welcome, Ford!” she responds kindheartedly as she takes my dishes away to rinse them in the kitchen.

“You know…” she says to me as she washes the dishes in the sink. “…it’s quite surprising to see you spend the night here. I was certain you would already be up by now to help out with Cider Season again.”

“OH NO!” I realize as I get up from my seat immediately. “I forgot all about that! I should get going! Say Fluttershy, when Rainbow Dash gets up, could you tell her I’ll be back to see her this afternoon?”

“Certainly!”

“Thanks! See ya!” I gallop to the exit.

“Wait!”

“Hmm?” I turn my head to face her as I put on my saddlebag.

“Umm… would you mind… doing something for me? If it’s not too much trouble for you, that is.” she asks in her usually timid voice.

“Of course, Fluttershy."

“Well… since you’ll be seeing Big Macintosh over there… could you… give him this for me, please?” Using her mouth, she hands me a small envelope.

“Sure! I can do that for you!” I nod to her before stuffing her envelope into my saddlebag.

“Oh, thank you, Ford! Now you better hurry.” she gently shoves me outside. “They might need you right away. And don’t worry. I’ll look after Rainbow Dash from here.”

“Thanks, Fluttershy. See you later!” After that, I immediately take flight and head over to the cider booth station.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hastily make my landing at Sweet Apple Acres as I check out on how many customers we will be dealing with. It’s not as long as it was during the opening day, but it’s still quite a crowd out there.

“Well howdy, Ford!” Granny Smith calls out to me from behind the stand. “We were just wondering when y’all would show up!”

“Good morning, Granny Smith!” I approach her with a slightly remorseful face. “I’m really sorry for being so late this morning! I hope you guys didn’t have much trouble while I was gone!”

“Ahh, fret nothing, lil’ youngin’!” she assures me graciously. “Ya didn’t miss a thing! We were just gettin’ started, that’s all!”

“Okay great! What should I do first?”

“Just help out with Big Mac on some of them barrels like before! We’ll holler if we need anything from ya!” she ends it grinningly with a wink.

“Thanks, Granny!”

I then walk over to our stash of cider for the day. Along the way, I come across Applejack and Apple Bloom.

“Morning, Ford!” Applejack greets me with a suspicious smile.

“Morning.” I smile back with caution. I know exactly what’s she’s going to try to say next considering I was with Rainbow Dash all night long.

“Sooooo…” Applejack begins with a huge smirk. “How was--”

But before she tries to get my goat again, I interrupt her with a grimacing glare, "Not. Another. Word.” She simply nods in response while still maintaining that mischievous smirk of hers as she gestures her silence by gliding her hoof across her lips. Satisfied, I continue my way to where Big Mac is working.

“Hey, Sis.” Apple Bloom asks with innocent curiosity. “Why’s Ford so grumpy like that?”

Applejack chuckles to herself as she shakes her head before saying, “Ah’ll tell ya when you’re a little bit older, Apple Bloom.”

“NOTHING HAPPENED!” I snap frantically at Applejack, who continues to mischievously smile at me. Seeing how my outburst isn’t going to make a difference, I turn back towards my destination so that I can finally get to work.

Once there, I see Big Mac coming back with another cart full of barrels. He parks it right next to the rest of the stock before taking off his harness.

“Morning, Big Mac.” I greet to him.

“Morning.” he respond back.

I go to work as I help Big Mac unload the barrels and stack them neatly on top of the others, making it into a nice pyramid of freshly made cider.

After placing the last barrel on top of the pyramid, Big Mac asks me, “So where were ya--?”

“NOTHING HAPPENED, ALRIGHT?!” I bark hysterically. “GEEZ! WHY IS EVERYPONY ASSUMING THAT?!” Big Mac is a bit startled by my latest outburst, but that hardly did anything to shatter his calm demeanor.

“Now calm yerself, Ford.” he responds sympathetically. “We were only worried about ya since y’all didn’t come home last night.” I feel kind of bad now after taking it out on Big Mac like that. I should have known that he wouldn’t tease me like his sister, Applejack, would.

“Sorry, Big Mac.” I apologize as I slightly hung my head in shame. “I stayed over at the library last night to take care of Rainbow Dash, who still has the Feather Flu.”

“Well, that’s mighty fine of ya, Ford.” Big Mac comments with a gentle smile.

“Why, thank you, Big Mac. At least there are SOMEPONIES out here who don’t presume the worst from me!” I turn my attention back to Applejack with a glare, who in return, sticks her tongue at me before chuckling mightily once more. I give a brief snort to hopefully relieve some of my aggravation. Just then, I remember something that was still in my saddlebag I set aside before helping out with Big Mac.

“Oh, by the way…” I reach for the letter and show it to Big Mac. “Fluttershy asked me to give this to you.”

His silent, calm expression didn’t change much when I mention Fluttershy to him. Casually, he takes the envelope from my hoof, rips it open with his teeth, and reads the letter to himself in silence. As it looks like he was just about done with reading it, he smiles softly to himself.

“Why… that’s very kind of her to do that.” He says to himself.

“May if I ask on what does it say?” I ask with curiosity. Big Mac simply hands the letter over to me as I also read it to myself in silence.

Dear Big Macintosh,

Thank you very much for the yummy cider yesterday! It was really quite delicious! Hope to have some again before Cider Season ends!

Sincerely,

Fluttershy

“Awwww… she really is a sweetheart, isn’t she?” I ask Big Mac.

In response, he just smiles a bit broader than usual as he says his predictable catchphrase, “Eeyup.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WHOO-WEE!” Applejack expresses her delight in her own way. “Business is booming and we still have some of today’s stock left over to sell for tomorrow!”

“Well, in that case…” I begin to ask her. “…do you mind if I take another small barrel of cider with me? I sort of promise Rainbow that I would bring some more next time I see her.”

“Go right ahead, Ford! At this rate, she might be able to get a barrel all to herself by the end of this season! For a price at least.” she mutters that last part herself.

With her help, Applejack helps me pack the mini-barrel of cider on my back right after I put on my saddlebag. As I begin to take my leave, Applejack calls out to me.

“Ya know, Ford! If ya want to spice things up for tonight, Ah got some really good hard cider that’ll put you two right in the mood--!”

“THANK YOU, AJ! GOODBYE!” I grunt loudly with an intense blush as I trot away from her hastily.

“Uhh… Ford?” Big Macintosh asks me.

“Yeah, Big Mac?” I turn towards him.

“Is Fluttershy at the library too?”

“Hmm… Yes, I think so.” I ponder for a bit. “She said she’s going to continue to watch over Rainbow Dash this week. Why?”

“Umm… Mind givin’ this to her for me?” He pushes another mini-barrel of cider towards me. There’s also a card attached to it. Supposedly, it’s addressed to Fluttershy.

“Sure, no problem!” I responds gladly before Big Mac helps put the second barrel on my back.

“Oh, one more thing.”

“Okay, what?”

Big Mac leans closer to me as he whispers, “Let’s keep this between us, okay?” Presumably, he doesn’t want to share my fate regarding with Applejack, of course.

“Got it!” I nod to him as I trot over to the library.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I arrive at the Golden Oaks Library, I knock on the door, which is answered by Fluttershy.

“Oh, hello, Mr. Mustang.” Fluttershy greets me warmly. “How’s Cider Season coming along?”

“Pretty good! How’s our favorite patient doing?”

“AH-CHOO!!” A loud sneeze is heard within the library as a few blue feathers escape through the doorway.

“Umm… could be worse.” Fluttershy answers with a meek smile.

“By the way, Big Mac asked me to give you this.” I hand over the second small barrel with the attached note to Fluttershy. She’s quite surprised when she sees the unexpected gift.

“For… For me?” Fluttershy stammers greatly.

“Yep.” I reply. With wide eyes, she carefully removes the attached note from her barrel. In meek silence, she reads the letter to herself.

“Oh… Oh my! He’s… thanking me for the letter I sent him! He even asked me how my day was! Gasp! He’s also giving me some cider and hopes to see me again during Cider Season!” As she reads the letter, she beams greatly as she begins to hover in mid-air.

“That’s just… so sweet of him!” she continues with a gleeful smile. “I could just… cry out in joy!” And with another deep breath just like this morning…

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh…” So adorable!

“Oh, what should I do, Ford?” Fluttershy starts to panic quietly. “I want to say something to him, but I don’t know if I can! I mean, I have to stay here to look after Rainbow Dash until she gets better! Not mention I still have to take care of all of my animal friends and Angel Bunny! And… in case you haven’t notice… I can be quite shy.”

“…Really? I couldn’t tell.” I smile sarcastically.

“Well…” I continue in a more serious tone. “Why don’t you just send him another letter to him like before? It’s a good way to be collective on your thoughts and pour out your true feelings into it.”

“Okay, but… what should I write?” she inquires shyfully.

“Tell him how your day was. That’s a great way to start things off.”

“Oh, my day isn’t that special.” Fluttershy humbles timidly. “I’m sure he doesn’t want to hear that.”

“Of course he would! He just asked how your day was, so I’m sure he wants to hear all about it. Plus, this will give you the opportunity to ask him how his day was. That way, he can reply back to you as well.”

“But… I don’t know if I can deliver it to him on time when I have so much to do.” she continues to shy away.

“Leave that to me. I’ll deliver the letter for you.”

“You would?” she brightens up when she hears my offer. I nod in response. In an instant, she sweeps me into the air as she gives me a grateful hug.

“Oh, thank you, Ford! I better get to my cottage so that I can start on my letter right away! I’ll be back before it gets dark!” She gently puts me on the ground as she prepares to leave for her home.

“Oh, I almost forgot!” Fluttershy turns around to address something towards me. “Rainbow Dash is supposed to take her medicine right now, but she doesn’t like it that much unfortunately. Do you think you can persuade her for me?” she meekly asks of me.

“I think I got just the thing to do that.” I confirm with a confidant grin as I pat my other barrel of cider next to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey, Rainbow! How are you feeling?” I happily approach her with my gift in tow.

“Ugh… Still lousy.” She groans after sniffling from her last sneeze while she's still stuck in her bed. “But I’ll feel much better if you pass me some of that cider you brought over for me!” she grins as she points at her expected gift.

“Hold on, Rainbow!” I push the barrel away from her eyesight. “First, you need to take your medicine before that.” In my saddlebag, I reach for the bottle of purple-colored medicine that Fluttershy gave to me before she left.

“No way, Ford!” Rainbow frowns in disgust as she waves in defiance. “That stuff is nasty! I’m not taking that medicine anymore!”

“Come on now! It’s good for you! This medicine will help cure your Feather Flu in no time!”

“Hey, if it’s good for you, then it should taste good too! And it doesn’t!” She sticks her tongue out to emphasize her point.

“Can’t I have some cider first, then I’ll take that medicine?” she pouts with puppy dog eyes. Nice try, Rainbow Dash, but you’re not going to get me that easily.

“Sorry, Rainbow.” I reply calmly and firmly. “You can only have some after you take your medicine. Now take it!”

“Not going to happen, Ford. I don’t even care if you’re gonna try to persuade me with cider on this one. I’m not drinking anymore of that medicine and that’s final!” She turns her head away from me with her forelegs crossed over each other.

Wow. I knew Rainbow could be quite stubborn, but I never thought she could be this stubborn to refuse anymore cider. I might as well just give up now and… wait, give up? Yeah… that doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

“Alright, suit yourself.” I admit in defeat as I shrug casually. “Phew! All this talk of cider is making me thirsty. Better pour a glass for myself.” I steadily pour a glass of cider from the mini-barrel’s spout. Rainbow looks at me with curiousity as I slowly take a satisfying sip of my refreshing drink.

“Aaaaah…” I smile with satisfaction after finishing my sip. “Nothing like a nice, cold drink after a hard day’s of work, won’t you agree?”

“What… What are you doing?” Rainbow asked puzzlingly with a raised eyebrow.

“What? Can’t I enjoy the fruits of my labor?” I grin back.

“I’m not saying you can’t, but can’t you do that somewhere else?”

“Aww… But I could really use your company right now. You don’t want me to leave you by your lonesome, do you?” I try my best to show off a cute, pouty face.

“N-n-no… It’s… just that… I…” she stammers as she turns her gaze away from me. I finish my cup while she sits there speechlessly.

“Wow! Sometimes I forget how incredibly good this stuff is. I think I’ll pour myself another one.” And so, I pour myself another glass of cider right in front of the helpless Rainbow Dash as it looks like she’s starting to pant.

“C-cut it out.” Rainbow says with an almost dry voice.

“Cut what out?” I inquire with mocking ignorance.

“That! Stop doing that!” she demands with an accusing hoof pointing at me.

“But it’s been a really hot day today. I’m just replenishing myself, that’s all.” I affirm falsely while I continue to casually drink my cider.

“I know what you’re doing, and it’s not going to work!”

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” I deny with an uncontrollable grin.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about!” she retorts. “You’re going to keep tempting me with cider until I finally give in and take that nasty medicine! Well it’s not going to work on me, so you might as well cut that out!”

“Whatever you say, Rainbow.” I shrug as I finish my second glass.

“Boy, I must be a lot thirstier than I have originally thought! At this rate, I might be able to finish this entire barrel by myself!” I’m certain I just heard Rainbow gasp to herself dreadfully as my hoof reaches for the spout’s handle.

“You know, Rainbow Dash…” I said to her as I pour more cider into my glass. “…business for Cider Season has been picking up today. If it keeps going this way, I might not be able to save you some anymore. That’s why I’m going take this moment, one glass at a time, and savor this delicious, sweet cider, down to the very… last… drop.

As if time is slowing down, the barrel’s spout finishes up in a very slow dribble. For each drip, I can see Rainbow wincing more and more at this agonizing sight I’m putting her in. Hopefully, she’ll start to give in any second now…

“ARGGH! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE! ALRIGHT! FINE! YOU WIN! JUST PLEASE, MAKE IT STOP!” Rainbow agonizes dramatically in defeat.

“You ready to take your medicine yet?” I ask her as I put my glass down on a table.

“Yes! I’ll take that stupid medicine! Just give it here already!” She demands impatiently.

I pour a cap full of that medicine and hand it over to her. In a flash, she edgily grabs the cap and swiftly gulps down the medicine.

BLEAH!” Rainbow expresses her distaste greatly as she lashes out her tongue from swallowing that stuff. And I’m not going to lie, that stuff is kind of strong and nasty when I first had some while I was sick.

“See, that wasn’t so bad, was it?” I pat her mane humorously as Rainbow glares at me with annoyance.

“No… I guess not.” she admits frowningly with a small blush.

“Anyway, here’s your reward!” I prepare her glass of cider as Rainbow’s frown instantly turns upside down.

“Finally!” she beams with eagerness as she takes her glass and gulps her cider down feverously.

After finishing her glass, she sighs in content and says, “Aaaaaah… Just what the doctor ordered!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some time later, Rainbow Dash and I were doing the usual: preening feathers, reading stories, having our meals, and so on. After finishing up the latest chapter in the book we were just reading, I begin to notice through a nearby window that nightfall is approaching.

“Hey, Rainbow Dash? Are you going to okay by yourself tonight?” I ask her.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine!” she responds casually. “Fluttershy’s going to stay over throughtout the rest of the week.”

“Oh… okay.” I guess I am a bit disappointed when she said that, but Rainbow caught on that pretty quickly.

“Of course, you’re welcome to stay over as well!” she sheepishly offers.

“No, that’s okay.” I graciously decline. “I should stay at Sweet Apple Acres anyway so I can help them out as early as possible.” Just then, I hear the main door opening. It must be Fluttershy. So I pack up my saddlebag and get ready to take my leave.

“Will I still see you again tomorrow?” Rainbow Dash inquires softly with a beseeching look. I turn around as I smile broadly when she asked me that.

“Don’t worry. I’ll still come by tomorrow afternoon.” I reply warmly.

“And bring back some more cider, right?!” Rainbow Dash pants exaggeratedly.

“We’ll see.” I say with a hearty chuckle. “Goodnight, Rainbow Dash.”

“Goodnight.” she says to me as she gets ready to sleep.

I walk downstairs and meet up with the arriving Fluttershy at the library’s main entrance.

“Oh, Mr. Mustang! I’m glad to see you again!” she greets me cheerfully.

“Hello, Fluttershy. Have you finished your letter?”

“Right here!” With her mouth, she reaches for her envelope from her saddlebag and shows it to me. I gently use my mouth to take the envelope and place it in my saddlebag. “Umm… Thanks again for delivering this for me.” she meekly express her gratitude for me.

“Anytime. Well, goodnight, Fluttershy.” I said as I leave the library.

“Goodnight, Ford.” Fluttershy waves goodbye.

After flying towards the farmhouse, I quietly hover through the hallways to make my way to my bedroom. As I was approaching my room, I pass by Big Mac’s room. I stop as I stare at his closed door for a while. Once I process on what I want to do, I reach for Fluttershy’s letter and slide underneath Big Mac’s door. Then I finally lay down on my bed and earn myself a goodnight’s rest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I wake up refreshingly as I trot across the second floor towards the staircase so that I can have an early breakfast with the Apple family. Along the way, I pass by Big Mac’s room once more, only this time, it’s opened, and Big Mac is standing underneath the doorway.

“Umm… Ford. Mind comin’ in here for a minute?” he asks quietly. I follow him into his room before he shuts the door quietly.

“What’s up, Big Mac?”

“Well…” Big Mac starts off nervously. “Ah received another letter from Fluttershy last night.”

“Yeah, and…?” I inquire strangely.

“And ah was wondering if you can help me out with something.”

“Sure, whatcha need?”

“Could ya… maybe… help me… write another letter?” he asks uneasily of me. I take a moment to think on this. I mean, I start to hesitate on that fact that I’m getting myself involved in another romantic trifle with two of the show’s main characters. However, this is probably what Big Mac and Fluttershy want, so I guess it couldn’t hurt to lend a helping hoof on this one.

“I guess I have some time to help out.” I finally agree with a smile. “What do you want to say?”

“Ah’m… not sure.” he admits bashfully. “That’s why Ah need yer help on this.”

“Well… how about we brainstorm some ideas while we work today? Sounds good?” I suggest.

“Eeyup.” Big Mac nods to my idea.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overtime, as we worked on looking after the cider barrels, Big Mac and I began to think on some ideas on what he should write down. Once the day comes to a close, we finally come up with a letter to send to Fluttershy.

“Okay! So, is your letter ready?” I ask Big Mac.

He licks the envelope and seals it before he replies gleefully, “Eeyup.”

“Great! Why don’t take go ahead and take it to Flutteshy? She’s in the Golden Oaks Library right now as we speak.”

“Uhhhh… Nnnope.” he surprisingly hesitates.

“…Huh?”

“Uhh… I mean…” Big Mac timidly rephrases his response. “…since you’re going to visit Rainbow anyway, why don’t you go ahead and deliver it for me?” he meekly suggests with a nervous smile.

“Oookay…” Without questioning him, I pack his letter into my saddlebag and head to the Golden Oaks Library by myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon enough, I arrive at the library late in the afternoon just like yesterday. And just like before, I knock on the library’s door, and Fluttershy is there to answer it.

“Why hello, Mr. Mustang.” she greets me friendlily.

“Hi, Fluttershy. I got another letter from Big Mac.” And I show her Big Mac’s latest letter.

“You do?!” She gasps in breathtaking joy. But before I could respond, she snatches the letter excitingly from my hoof. With gleeful eyes, she skims through her letter as she smiles uncontrollably. As she finishes reading her letter, I can tell Fluttershy’s is about to scream her heart out. But it’s nothing to worry about since her screams are just a harmless as a butterfly--

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!” Well… as harmless as a screeching monster butterfly like Mothra that is.

“I can’t believe it!” Fluttershy continues to shriek in joy. “He sent me another one! Do you think…? I mean… does he…? Oh my! I’m so nervous! I’ve never felt this way before! It’s like butterflies are all tickling in my tummy! What should I do next?”

“Maybe… actually talk to him?” I suggest sheepishly.

“NO!” She cries out right in front of my face.

“Then perhaps… send another letter?” I suggest again.

“YES! That’s it! I’ll send another letter…!”

“Well, go right ahead then--!”

“…with your help, of course!”

“Huh?!”

“I mean… if you don’t mind helping me, that is.” she shyly adds.

“Well, it’s not that I don’t mind… it’s just that…”

“Oh, please, Ford Mustang!” she pleads with sorrowing eyes. “I’m really sorry for asking you this, but you’re my only connection to Big Macintosh! And I know I’ll just screw this up by myself! Please help me, Ford! I don’t want to mess this up!”

When it comes to anything cute, Fluttershy takes the gold medal on that catagory! Everything she does regarding with cuteness is just so natural to her, even when she’s looks at me with that sad, begging expression of hers! Just trying to say “no” to that is simply suicide!

Sigh… When do you want to get started?” I give in to her plea. She perks up immediately after hearing my answer.

“How about once Rainbow Dash is asleep? I really want to keep this a secret, if you okay with that, at least.”

“Sure, that sounds good.”

“Goody! Oh, how careless of me! Rainbow Dash is probably waiting for you right now! Why don’t you come on in? We can talk more about it later.” Then, she opens the door to the library and leads me in.

“Yeah… later.” I mutter softly to myself as I follow her inside.

Sigh… Crawl out of one hole, and into another.

Author's Note:

This subplot involving Fluttershy and Big Mac is much bigger than I have anticipated, so I had to split it up again.