• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 1,093 Views, 1 Comments

Test Of The Luck - DeadlyRose



Who would of thought that the Wonderbolts would let her in?

  • ...
 1
 1,093

Soar Up High

By: DeadlyRose

It's Nightmare Night, the candies are walking into goody bags. There's scary masks, and horrific teeth, pirates and swords, skeletons and fairies. Little Rainbow Dash is ready to dive in with goodies!

"Rainbow Dash, what is it you're wearing?" fiddled Rarity, wearing a fancy dress, a ballroom gown with itchy flowers and a crumpled rose. "What am I wearing? Well, I'm wearing the deluxe Wonderbolt costume, of course!" towered Rainbow Dash, on a black cloud with a pocket full of lightning. "Rainbow Dash darling, you should know you're better than those reek-costumed geeks!" Rarity giggled. "No, they're awesome! Way better than me." laughed Rainbow.

Rainbow Dash flew up high, zapping flanks everywhere. They turned around and warned Rainbow. Rainbow stifled a laugh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile...

"That was one big night air show we did, Soarin." cried Spitfire. The eleven Wonderbolts shared a mansion with a lightning top and blueish yellow shade. Spitfire combed her fire-like hair, and sat on the couch. "You know, I've been thinking about Rainbow girl." sighed Soarin, laying his dark blue elastic coat on the fancy chair. "Rainbow Dash, you mean. She's saved our lives a couple of times... And your pie. And she makes a great flyer, you know. She's as good as we are." spat Spitfire.

Soarin tapped his hoof on the shiny light blue floor matching his skin color, and then circled around. "She's not as good as we are in tricks." Spitfire raised a hoof and kicked his flank. "Are you kidding? Did you see her? She did the Sonic Rainboom! No one's ever did that before." "It's still Nightmare Night. Tomorrow we can ask her- or better yet spy on her." Soarin insisted. "Oh, alright. We'll do it your way, smart guy." Spitfire rolled her beady orange eyes.

~*~*~*~**~*~*~

Nightmare Night is finally over and Rainbow Dash must go home. She fluttered her wings at jet speed, her short mane stretched out as an image of a long rainbow. When she reached the clouds, she walked home and began to sit in her cloudy bed. The pillows were as fluff as marshmallows, the room was cozy and the stars twinkled above her house. She hung a rose up her cabinet, and spun around. She dropped down to the couch and began to read the "Daring Do" series.

" I'm awake!" cried a very sleepy Rainbow Dash. She had read the whole series the entire night. She started off with a set of running around the clouds, flying around them, and throwing cloud-balls at the annoying stallions. She began to dive into the ground, running into the library with the green books mounted on her back. Twilight eagerly waved good bye as the spectacular performer dashed out of the room.

"Look, pie!" said Soarin, hiding behind the bushes, pointing to a nearby vendor with bakery desserts. His mouth watered, but Spitfire quickly slapped his sense out of him with her furry, fiery, fantastic red hair. The two secret Wonderbolts watched the athletic mare zoom from left to right. "We should accept her. But don't we have to test her?" mouthed Soarin. "Eehyup." The two pair looked behind to find Big Mac grazing upon the grass, his head dunked between the two. They scrambled to another place, this time heading out for the rainbow mare. But the mare was the one to get there first.

Rainbow Dash, on her knees, pleaded for an autograph with her shivering blue hooves holding a book and a pencil. Spitfire gradually signed it, forcing Soarin to do so too. Rainbow Dash hugged the two fellows, causing them to be frozen with stun. "Rainbow Dash?" The mare stood up, her eyes growing wider and wider. "We'd like you to be a Wonderbolt- if you want to... That is." Rainbow Dash fainted. Then she scrambled up again. "Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes-" Soarin cut her off. "But you have to prove it." Spitfire flapped her wings. "Agility-" Soarin jumped over obstacles and leaped over large buildings.
"Speed-" Soarin ran as fast as he can, leaving faint sparks of fire around his tracks, suddenly disappearing when he had flew up high in the air. "Teamwork and ability-" The two Wonderbolts had now flown up together, performing stunts and tricks Rainbow Dash had never seen before. "And voila- you have a Wonderbolt." Spitfire finished off.

"So are you up for the test, RD?" Spitfire groaned. Rainbow Dash soared high in the air, spinning and performing a double backflip. The ponies had came out and watched her stunt. She moved up and higher nearer to the sun, the rays shining from behind her. Spitfire nodded, she was definitely up for the challenge.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Test number one- Agility- she had got that right. She raced upon poles and houses, leaping one to another. Spitfire ticked a mark on her test rubric, paying every single sweat droplet attention on her. Test number two- speed. Rainbow Dash was speed. She outran Soarin in a flying session. Last session- Teamwork and Ability- she's working on that. As she went for a underground flying boom trick, she stubbed her toe on a hard rock, making her lose her balance and tumble down a grassy hill. "Ooh," remarked Spitfire. "That's going to take off points for that landing." She marked off a point and sadly frowned. "You've got to work on that. Or else we have to replace you with your yellow friend." She turned to Fluttershy, who was smiling and singing a song with the hummingbirds. Then, she waved to Rainbow Dash, who was in a doozy.



Characters and events owned by Hasbro
Storyline by DeadlyRose

~Enjoy the story- stay tuned-

Comments ( 1 )

uh when will you be able to post the next chapter i now you are busy and all but i do like the story so i would like another chapter to come asap:pinkiehappy::twilightblush::yay:

Login or register to comment