• Published 27th May 2013
  • 331 Views, 1 Comments

Becoming a God: Forgotten Past - MrMoho



Past can be a wonderful thing, but is it always something you want, or should, remember?

  • ...
 1
 331

Chapter 3: Extreme Afternoon Measures

The following days flew by rather quickly. Celestias student apparently had some connections she pulled to give them furniture. Also did the princess of the moon show off some off her magic by magically engineering some of her own, to others probably beautiful pieces of work, yet to him a mere stool to sit on.

Speaking of skills, she as well, from the looks of it, decided to play a sort of 'mother' role in this risible idea of a family, showing some of her... lacking abilities. Especially in the cooking department. On top of that, alone in the one week they know live in this house, he already had to repair the oven three times, the stove five times and who knows how often the whole kitchenware while simultaneously installing a heating system and repai- no, replace the busted water supply.

That they were capable of accomplishing this in a week was a miracle, considering that the workforce existed of a bossy Alicorn, a complete moron, an sociopathic cripple, a spoiled bookworm and a multicolored narcissist.

Fid beheld his new room. Nothing special, just his work and a bed stood in here. Finally, after a week of a test to his nerves he could continue his work, starting... “Crash!”

Oh for the love of... Turning, Fid laid his eyes upon the grey idiot who broke his exoskeleton the first day he stood in this house, laying in a mountain if his precious, well, actually failed, work.

Stumbling, she emerged from the rubble and quickly reached into her saddlebags with her mouth, proudly presenting him a letter!

“Mphail!” Fid surveyed her warily. “Are you sure it is mine?” The idiot saluted at that.

“Absholuphly! Iph sphudied ephry oneh opf mah rouths sho Ih won'ph repheat mah miphtake oph lapht wheek!” she assured, while still gnawing away on his letter.

Fid simply took the piece of (now moist) paper out of her mouth and discovered with a quick glimpse that it was indeed addressed to this house, specifically at him. Noticing that the idiot still grinned at him, he simply waved his hoof.

“You can go now, and next time use the damn mailbox, not the wall!” With another salute, she left the room, slamming through his door. He really need to reinforce this houses' husk...

Now that he was alone, Fid examined his letter. No address, name or anything of the sender, just a letter with his address and name. It even lacked a stamp. How did this...? No matter, he already knew who send it and she has her ways. He ripped it open and started to read the content.

Dear Fid,
I know that you are a pony of little words, so I will keep this short and leave out any courtesies. I also do realize that you thought, probably still think and will continue to think that it was absolutely unnecessary to send you to Ponyvile, but trust me that it truly was the only place you can find the pony that can help you discover your questions about yourself.
Visit the Town Hall tomorrow during the afternoon and ask for a pony called Merry Mare. You will be doubtful, but you need to trust me Fid, as hard it may be for you, that she will find a way.
Celestia.

Fid crumbled the letter and threw it into his... bin? Yeah, that can be a bin, and grunted annoyed.

Probably just one of her idiotic ideas. He had the urge to touch one of his temples when a sudden storm of thoughts flew through his mind.

“Why does she even care that much...” was his conclusion. He stared at his new bin, seeing the letter within. After exhaling a heavy sigh, which sounded more like a groan, he started making arrangements for tomorrow. Merry Mare... He thought.
What kind of name is Merry Mare?


Finally back here, huh? Merry and her luggage stood in front of the train she just left, viewing Ponyvile. Has it really been five years since she left for her psychology studies? She threw her hoof in her face for that sudden attack of nostalgia. Stop it, Merry! You sound like your mother...

Speaking of the devil, wasn't she supposed to welcome her? Yes, she was, or should, or... Just look for her, Merry!

She made her way towards the Town Hall, the place she should probably find her, if things haven't changed, that is. And if they did, she could just ask there were she would find her mother! No mistakes made with this decision!

Hopefully she won't get lost on her way. Bah, the town shouldn't have changed after that short period of time! Then again, whole city’s changed after less years... But not Ponyvile, right?

Oh, who was she kidding, nopony would probably recognize her, mainly because she herself didn't even remember half of these ponies she past by! To be honest, none of them looked familiar... Oh dear, was she in the right pl-

A bolt of pain that went through her jaw made her notice that she just ran right against the front door of the Town Hall. Flushed, she panicky looked around, checking if anypony has seen her, before entering the building itself.

Inside, she was thankful to see that the counter still was there, though with a different receptionist. A white mare with a black mane that looked through a mountain of paper through her glasses. So far so good. Now she only had to ask the lady for her mother.

“Excuse me?” The Mare phased out of her work and looked up from her paperwork. “Yes, how can I help you?”

Overworked, judging her eye circles, the voice of her tone also indicates that she is not too happy with her job. Not enough payment, or is it just the lack of appreciation? Something that would be discovered in just a couple of minutes. How boring...

Marry woke up from her daydreaming, hopefully fast enough to not make her seem awkward.

“Uhm, yes yes, could you please tell me where to find Mrs. Mare?” The Mare strained her eyelids by closing them shortly and began to look over what appeared to be a guestbook.

“I'm sorry, but Mrs. Mare does not expect any company at the moment.” she said bluntly.

Oh? Did she get promoted? Her job, at least as she remembered, was not 'that' important. Well, lets just play a little mind trick on her.

“Not even her own daughter?” The receptionist looked visibly surprised.

“Daughter? You don't really... Oh!” she began to giggle without reason. Something must've slipped back into her mind. Perhaps of her mother? A funny similarity probably. Wait, did she and her mother had a silly similarity?!

“Sure, on that note, I think it will be alright. Head upstairs to the second floor. She should be in the third room on the right.” Merry thanked the giggling mare and followed her instructions, furiously trying to think of the reason she started to laugh.

Do they have the same manestyle? Doubtful. Similar voices? No, the receptionist would have noticed that earlier. Hair color? Maybe, but still, that would have not amused her THAT much.

Just like that she already stood in front of the door her mother worked behind. Time to meet her parent in pony again, time to tell her all about her studies and most importantly: Time to figure out this silly similarity!

She knocked the door, and somepony reacted beyond.

“Come in,” a mare sighed. That was the voice of her mother alright.

Merry opened the door, stepped inside and saw yet another mare buried into a lot of paperwork. She looked the same as ever: Grayish, amber coat, glasses and- Dear Celestia, what happened to her mane? Her hear looked at least twenty years older than the last time she saw her. It appears like age REALLY hits you fast...

“Who is it?” her mother mumbled uninterested, obviously annoyed of the unannounced company.

Merry answered carefully. “...Mom?”

The mare suddenly reached up behind her paperwork and practically beamed when she noticed who stood in the room.

“Merry!” she exclaimed, “Oh, my dear, how long has it been?”

“Five years,” Merry grinned slightly. “Already? My, how the time flies.”

She stood up from behind her desk and grabbed Merry on her way out. “Come on, you probably have a lot of things to tell me.”


Her mother took Merry for a walk through town that ended in the, as she said, best café in town. After both ordered a simple drink, her mother was incapable of hiding her curiosity any longer.

“So, Merry, how has it been? Any new friends, hobbies, maybe even a coltfriend?” she winked.

Merry blushed at her last question, obviously bewildered. “I wrote you every week, I think you should already know everything about my studies.”

Her Mother sighed, understanding. “I know, I know, dear. It's just that I haven't seen your face for such a long time. You look so much more grown now.”

Again, Merry blushed. “Come on, I won't have changed that much...”

Finally, their drinks arrived. A cool refresh, exactly what she needed now. Her mother just giggled at her answer while observing the liquid inside her glass, looking rather melancholy all of the sudden.

“Yes, maybe it's just a mother seeing her child finally coming of age.” All she could do was to blush again.

“Anyway,” her mother raised her head, looking straight at her. “when do you want to start working as a psychologist anyway?”

Merry was a bit perplexed from her sudden change of subject, but pulled herself back together quickly. Same as ever...

“Psychotherapist actually and, well, I haven't thought about that yet. First, I need a room and the proper furniture to work with.”

“Oh, don't you worry about that,” her mother assured. “We have just the perfect room for you in the Town Hall. And it's good too that you just arrived. Ponyville is really in the need for a Psychotherapist.”

Merry cringed a bit inside. A whole town full of ponies with boring problems she had to listen to, nothing exotic. But she shouldn't complain, her mother just gave her a job without any intricacies. She should take this opportunity with her hooves.

“Well, in that case, I guess I can start right away. Wait,” A sudden realization came over Merry. “you can't just let one of the rooms in the Town Hall be occupied by your daughter, or?”

Her mother chuckled at her concerns. “Oh silly, I doubt there will be too many complains. I'm the Mayor after all.”

Merry spilled her drink. All over the table. “You're the Mayor of this Ponyvile?”

“Yes, dear. Haven't you read my letters?” “Guess I have skipped that part.” Didn't that just explain so much?


Almost clear sky, a bit windy and a steady temperature of fifteen degrees. The perfect autumn day for a walk outside.

Splendid. Luna looked out her porch in her new living room. In the last couple of days she and her companions were capable of turning this heap of rubbish into a nice home. Well, almost all of her companions.

Blueblood, she should have seen it coming, used every opportunity he could get to welsh from any work whatsoever, but insisted to have the biggest room on the first floor. She, of course, like a fool let him have it, just to shut this jabbering mouth of his.

But today, she had no more of this. Today, she will bring him onto the right path to learn discipline, benevolence and rationality. Hopefully...

The door opened behind her and in came her nephew. Excellent timing.

“Aunt Luna, my heater won't work again, that Fid is nowhere to be found and I'm freezing my hooves off!” Luna frowned, still looking out of the window. Please, let it work.

“'Twinkle', or 'mother', 'Bright',” she corrected, “and it's also a good thing that you're here.”

Grunting, her nephew closed in. “And why, may I ask.”

She sighed. Oh please, let it work.

“Follow me, we're going to the other side of town.” “Wait, why?” The prince stroke while stumbling behind her. “You'll see,” she just answered while leaving the room.

After stepping out the house, she checked if Blueblood still pursued her. Luckily, though noticeably upset, he did. Let's hope that he won't go missing when we arrive...

They were having actually a nice evening walk through Ponyville after leaving. She met new ponies all recognizing her as the new inhabitant of the 'lone house on the hill', as they liked to call it.

Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash must've told a good chunk of ponies about them, gladly, since it made things not only easier, but also fleshes in there cover of being just simple ponies. They even met the mayor of town near a café, welcoming and offering them a drink. Sadly, she had to decline, because she still had to convey her 'son', who, thankfully, just kept quiet the entire time.

Later than expected they arrived at her designated destination far off Ponyville, behind a small hill, makings spotting them here difficult. She was pleased to see that her appointment already made preparations.

A group of Manikins and a loaded weapon rack stood thoughtful placed right next to a ring on the ground, marked by small planks that got rammed into the ground, forming a little arena. And in the middle of the said ring stood her appointment, fighting an invisible foe in a wild, yet beautiful dance, dealing deadly blows against his opponent, even if he was imaginary.

She watched him in silence until he delivered the final strike, sheathing his weapon back into his holster afterward.

“Who is this?” Blueblood suddenly asked, apparently reaching his limit of patience.

“My name is Sacred Shield, young prince,” the sallow stallion answered, turning around. When he stood in front of them, he knelt down before her.

“My princess.” She nodded in recognition. “You may rise.”

She turned her attention towards the slightly confused prince. “Bright, as you probably have heard, this is Sacred Shield, former captain of the Canterlot Royal Guard and your new trainer.” The white stallion openly showed his reluctance on his face.

“Trainer?!” he exclaimed less than thrilled. “A trainer for what?”

“Armed to armed combat with the kind of weapon that will fit you the best,” Sacred said while shoving a gray flick of hair out of his face, taking Luna the burden of answering the obvious.

She hummed in agreement. “I hope you won't have too much problems with him, Sacred, he is a very unruly bullhead.”

Sacred Shield moved around the prince, scrutinizing him from every angle. “Don't worry, princess. I was able to drill even the worst scum of the streets. I doubt I will fail at a spoiled brat.”

Luna nodded. “I wouldn't expect less from you.”

“Just hold on for a second!” Blueblood suddenly screamed at both of them. “I did not accept to any of this sort! I am not going to be a student of some old scruff to learn the art of a barbarian! I'm going home now.”

The prince made indications of leaving, though the princess stopped him before he could even lift one of his hooves by stomping one of hers on the ground.

“You will be the student of Sacred Shield, Blueblood! I had more than enough of your nonsense, it is time that you learn some responsibility. You will come here five days a week, you will train proper, you will behave and you WILL LIKE IT.” Her last words were in a tone harsh enough to even impress the veteran next to her.

“I'm going to do some errands now,” the princess announced more than clear,”I will see you tonight for dinner, and I hope you will be exhausted. If not, I won’t see any reason in giving you anything to eat.”

With that said, she retreated from the Training grounds and left her nephew and Sacred Shield behind her. Please, please, let it work...


So this is the Town Hall? Fid stood in the middle of the place Celestia assigned him to, regarding the building from the inside. A ceiling, walls and a counter. Nothing too special, to be true actually really unimpressive. Simple, he liked it.

Anyway, he was here to meet somepony, and not to not admire the arts of engineering from some hayseeds, wasn't he? Might as well get this over with.

He walked up to the counter and got the attention of the busy looking mare behind it by coughing slightly. She looked up from her paperwork, a bit bewildered.

When she noticed Fid she adjusted her glasses and sat up straight. “Hello, how can I help you?”

“I'm looking for a Merry Mare. I got a appointment.” The receptionist was clearly puzzled by his statement.

“But she just moved in yesterday...” she muttered while searching through her papers.

Fid raised his brow, now the one put to wonder. “I'm sorry?”

The mare looked halfway back up at him, distracted by her search in the chaos. After a few seconds of search she scratched her neck and finally answered him.

“It's nothing. Just go through this floor,” she pointed to her right, “and take the last door. See if I care about her lack of announcing her appointments...” she mumbled those last words almost silent enough for Fid not overhearing them. He rolled his eyes at her 'agony' and instead of wasting even more time, headed for the door.

After he reached the damn thing, he opened it and found a amber mare with a uncombed, pink mane standing on a stepladder inside. Well, she stood on it, because when she heard him entering, he startled her and she plummeted to the ground, getting buried by the books she was placing onto a shelf.

“Who the- What the- Don't you have ever heard of knocking the door?” she cried while emerging from the pile.

After she salvaged her glasses and was capable of noticing Fid, her irritated face suddenly changed drastically into a more interested tone.

“Merry Mare?” Fid assumed.

The mare broke free from a sort of trance. “Oh, Yes yes, that's me! How do you know my name?”

“I... heard about you,” he said hesitatingly, not sure how else to answer that question. Merry appeared to be quite surprised by that.

“Really? I only just started today... But whatever!” she almost was quivering with anticipation. “Meaning that you heard about me means you are here for a consultation-hour.”

She lead him over to a couch and only now he realized what the hay was going on here: A psychotherapist. Of all the things, Celestia, of all the things...

He needed to massage his temples badly and he had more than enough time and a couch to do it on.

“So, what's the reason your here...?”

“Fid,” he groaned while lying down on the couch, “and the reason,” he adjusted his position on the couch, ”is Amnesia.”

A squeal of delight emitted from his new headshrinker. Oh sweet hooves, don't fail my temples now...


Nothing wanted to work, nothing! She tried everything with her new catch: Relaxing, hypnosis, questions about relatives, questions about friends, questions about everything! Here she was with probably the only interesting looking pony in this whole town and she was about to let this opportunity slip right between her hooves. There has to be something...

“Sorry, Ms. Mare, but looks like this turned out like I predicted it would.” She started to panic. He was about to leave and nothing wanted to come into her mind, there had to be something. Wait, there was something... Oh no! Nonononono, she has sworn to herself to never use that stuff again, the side effects are way too dangerous-

“Good day.” Screw it.

“W-wait!” She hold Fid by one of his shoulders who, in respond, stopped and looked at her expecting.

“There is still one thing that we could try...” Doubt made itself visible in his eyes.

“Really? And what should that be?” She tried to calm herself by inhaling a cone of air.

“A simple talk and a drink.” Her patient made a face that just underlined how dumb this sounded.

“Trust me on this one,” she reassured him.”Just sit down over there and I will fetch us some drinks.”
She walked over to her drawer she just filled yesterday with some of her stuff, including a bunch of plastic cups, her water bottle standing on top and it... A small box filled with powdered Daydreamer.

A cute name for this heavy drug. It could launch anypony in mere seconds into the world of dreams without having them really sleep, making them appear to be talking in their dreams, if overdosed even acting them out. She gulped.

It also had the wacky feature of tasting like- ”I hope you like kiwi!”

“Whatever,” the pony grumbled. She took two cups, filled them with water, and opened the box carefully, not wanting to have any of it getting blown away by her movements. She slowly tilted a small amount of the white powder, not even the content of a thimble, and tried her best to mix it up.

Just before indicating any suspicion, she walked over to her patient and gave him the drugged cup who took it with disbelieve painting his body, and after a friendly gesture of her nodding her head a bit, he drank all of the content, much to her surprise. That went... easier then she expected.

“So, what now?” he asked impatiently.

“Just try to relax, get comfortable,” she soothed in respond.

“I don't want to calm!” he bellowed, bugged by her attempts of easing him. “I want to go home and continue... my...”

He moaned as a sudden fatigue overcame him. His eyelids fell even closer together then they already did, his movements slowed down and he slumped back into his chair. It worked!

Now she only had to ask him questions and hopefully get responses. Hopefully... Or she drugged him for nothing. She gulped again.

“Now Fid, why don't you tell me about your past. How about we start with your childhood? Please, tell me, can you remember any significant events that occurred to you when you were young?”

His head tottered around while he was thinking about her question. “Something... significant?...” he gabbled like a drunk. “Child....hood?...Childhood...”