• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 2,764 Views, 72 Comments

Our Haunted House - Iridescence T Wind



Sequel to Lampents Lament In Equestria. Soul's new form and the consequences of that drastic scenario leads him to take shelter in a abandoned house, or so he thought.

  • ...
3
 72
 2,764

Chapter 7: Shaman Trouble and Buffalo Tribes

“Life comes and goes. …If you know that, you know it all.”
― Sandra Harner

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Traveling as an giant glowing chandelier of a Pokemon across an open plain, even if it was mostly rolling hills, probably wasn't Soul's best idea. The fact that his unending light made him a beacon for those who had kept an eye out for other dangers in the night also didn't do him any good as he felt like he was being watched during the travels. Unlike the spirit who accompanied him, Enda, he wasn't invisible to mortal eyes and occasionally he spotted brief silhouettes of large bulky figures that would somehow manage to disappear completely when he turned his attention to them in the distance.

This had begun after traversing a few miles out of the swamp, and was increasingly annoying Soul as again and again he tried to spot his would be observers but eventually his calm was broken by paranoia, "Enda?" he finally asked after several moving several more meters forward.

The spirit moved up into soul's vision, adopting a lazy pose as if she was leaning back on an armchair, "What is it soul?"

"Do you see what's been following us for the past hour or so?"

She shook her head, "you mean the big black lumps that keep popping up and going back down into sneaking?"

Soul nodded and she shook her head, "Too far away for me to make out any details but if I had to guess it's a member of one of the Buffalo tribes that inhabit these plains."

That was a new one for Soul, so far he had only heard about a few of the races of Equestria, and seen even less, occasionally there was an odd griffon or horse that had visited Ponyville back when he had ruled over the Homestead. While he knew what a Buffalo was, mostly from history books and his ex-friends accounts on them, he had yet to actually have met a buffalo.

Another shadow popped up at the very edge of his vision and he resisted the urge to turn towards it, it'd only go back down first thing he did. This was getting annoying, and Soul tried devising a solution. Then it struck him, if it wouldn't let him find it beyond his peripheral vision... There was always... "Double Team."

Soul split into several copies of himself, each an illusion of his own form and they fanned out in an instant, boosting themselves forward with a secondary cast of Flame Charge, lighting up the night ground as a dozen pinwheels of fire lit the surrounding areas from overhead in ghastly purple flames. There they were. Several Buffalo dips and dives throughout the rolling hills to hide their bulk.

Somehow Soul had been expecting creatures similar to Tauros, but what he was met was something much different. They were hunchbacked for one, at least in comparison to ponies, but for that they were much larger, about four times taller than any pony he knew. That and one of them was carrying a strange long stick that had a hole through its length like a pipe, and it was being pointed right at-

Duck you idiot.

Soul obeyed, and dived down, just in time to miss a Dart flying through where he had been floating not moments before. That was something that he understood, and he darted through the air as his doubles went to circle around the buffalo, forming a quickly moving and changing circle around them, "Flash" A bright light emitted out, blinding the rough furred tribesmen and ruining whatever night vision they had left, and making them lose their track on their target as well.

Now Finish them off while they're open.

No, rather, interrogate them, there might be more in these plains, and then you can indulge in that desire. Nightmare Moon added in unhelpfully.

With both voices pressing against himself, he found himself drawing closer, and closer to the buffalo. There were three in all, the youngest, looking scared out of his wit as the approaching blurred walls of soul-burning fire and blackened gothic metals shrunk their standing room until they were back to back. Thought of interrogation vanished underneath a rising bloodlust.

A single ghostly demanding chime of a shout rang out, "Stop!"

His eyes broke away from his prey, and the rapid spinning began to slow, again End yelled, and he...Obeyed? His eyes darted between the buffalo, one who had passed out and was now lying limp on his side, the faint odor of wet fur reeking off him, the second let a burnt pipe, worn away to the stub and smoking like a cigar, fall to the ground. while the third was completely deadpan.

Quickly the blow-pipe Buffalo grabbed his unconcious buddy, slinging the massive bulk up and over his own hump before running off, the deadpan one however, stayed. But Soul's attention was fixed on End Result, who said her voice outraged, and her eyes practically alit in anger, "What do you think you're doing?! Good Spirits do not harm the living!" She said indignantly.

"But..." Soul's voice was quiet, his flame drew dimmer, but not smaller, the expression of uncertainty for the chandelier, "My very role is to-"

"I don't care what your 'role' is." End interrupted him, "You do not harm the living, Soul, Never-ever-ever. Especially when all they've been doing up until you attacked them was looking at the strange creature upon their lan-"

Soul felt something prick against his back. A second later, a second dart impacted End Result. We turned, and saw the remaining buffalo, his expression as stoic as before, with another of those pipes. Soul made to say something, but his mind couldn't come up with anything else than a quiet whistle of a yawn. Was he drugged? Think Soul, think. He passed out.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Unknown Buffalo Tribal

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

The Buffalo waddled up to him, his expression stern. At least until the Chandelier Shifted, His expression turned to one of mild shock, this strange floating spirit shouldn't be moving after the spiritual tranquilizers the shaman had given him to hunt this creature and bring it back, he rose his pipe to shoot it with a second dart when it heard from the Lamp, quiet as a whisper on the wind, "Sleep Talk."

Something inside the lamp began to glow, a small bright yellow ball? That didn't make any sense. He shot the unconscious chandelier again, just to be sure.

It didn't move much after that, so he pulled a rope out of his fur, where he hid it no one but he knew, and tied it to the floating base of the Lamp, and started to pull it, and with it came the spirit that was attached to the lamp, being pulled with this strange abomination of pony lighting furniture as though locked in a dome with it.This was mission accomplished by his standards anyway.

The Chandelier muttered something illegible,"Solar Beam." to the Tribal, and he rolled his eyes. He regretted turning his attention away as a massive beam shot up into the sky, the general direction the unconscious chandelier had been facing as he pulled it along, and he felt his eye spasm. Now he was running with this lamp, so he could drop it off to his Shaman and be done with this task. He also resigned himself to never volunteering to help the Shaman ever again, this was just too... unnatural. for his tastes.