• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 2,745 Views, 72 Comments

Our Haunted House - Iridescence T Wind



Sequel to Lampents Lament In Equestria. Soul's new form and the consequences of that drastic scenario leads him to take shelter in a abandoned house, or so he thought.

  • ...
3
 72
 2,745

Punches. They Aren't Wise. Nor is Wooden Spears and Pies For That matter.

“Give them great meals of beef and iron and steel, they will eat like wolves and fight like devils.”
-William Shakespeare (1564-1616) ‘King Henry V’

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---
Appleloosa
---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

It was an eventful week for Appleloosa. Soon after their issues with wandering buffalo tribes had passed by simply clearing a route through the apple orchards they had planted for them to roam through, they had thought their troubles over. Though that was, as was apparently, just the beginning of it. Their latest rodeos so far have been a disaster as it was said a terrible bandit named troubleshoes was wrecking them, and between one such rodeo and their planning for another one, another disaster had spouted up.

A strange creature of bipedal nature had taken over a band of outlaws from the southern fringes of the Everfree Forest and then set about conquering Appleloosa in a single punch. A single punch to their resident sheriff Braeburn that was now comatose and resembling a hairless well cooked dinner for carnivores than a pony. That punch had lighted itself on fire and scared the civilians and resident mayor into submission as well as assured the bandits loyalty to their new master. They weren't really afraid of the group following the leader as so much as the leader themselves mainly because the worst his minions offered in comparison to the firey fist to the face, was a torture by feather.

It was this state of mind that the mayor found himself questioning what else could go wrong, before he spotted a purple light rapidly growing from a pinprick on the horizon to a full on ghost, "I knew we shouldn't of let those six visit our town." he grumbled, "Their ponyville weridness rubbed off on us too. Great. Just Great." he was done, and went inside his cousins home to drink, seeing as his own home and office was currently occupied by the gang that took them over, "First the buffalo and then the bandits and now some purple fire is going to make things worse. What else world? what else?"

Meanwhile the leader of the bandits was making himself at home, he didn't quite like this atmosphere, he was a fighting master not a western gunslinger like those projectile firing Pokemon he had heard about back home. Nor did the desert like plains around him appeal very much in comparison to where he now sat. He thudded his fist on the table, an empty glass within it that needed filling again. He grunted as some of his new servant poured him another glass of cider. He was entirely sure why their manes weren't on fire, but he didn't particularly care. He had found where to place his new Dojo, and when fighting types came before him and fell to him, he would become their teacher, and train them to become as great as a fighting type as he was. That is, if ANY SHOWED UP. His frustrated train of instinct had made him take up what the humans would call alcohol. But all they had was freaking apple juice. At least it was a tasty beverage in the blazing heat of the day, and with his fists he could keep discipline in this makeshift dojo of human-speaking horses. His nerves were on edge though, and they weren't to be underestimated, he had cheated death with his nerves, and they rang that he was about to fight something, something horrifying.

"Uh, your most honorable and ferocious boss-sir?" the weakling pony he had first met spoke to him, he had been mourning the loss of a feather when the Pokemon had found him, not that it was important. He replied with a grunt of his name, still sitting in the stool that was far-too-low for his liking, "A purple fire has been spotted approaching your town... Um... Sir."

Purple Flame? That sounded familiar, a challenger maybe? The boxer like Pokemon rose to his feet, giving a curt fist pump before heading on out of the mayors meeting room, if it was a challenger he would face this flame face to face and head on. As was his creed. Less he be a dishonored Pokemon, and sacrifice his right to becoming a potential master. He had beaten death to come to where he was and if he turned back now his incredible honor would be besmirched. He still chuckled at the thought of disrupting his reapers work with a well placed ice-punch to the glass dome it called a head. Would serve it right for trying to take him a bit too early.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---
Soul's Perspective
---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Entering the town was far easier than he had thought. The doors were all shut, the windows likewise, and while a few ponies watched from window slits the latest probable invader of their town, others wondered what was about to happen, would it be an epic war? Judging from the pies scattered about the town, either a pie convention fell out of the sky or they had been throwing them at the creature that had invaded. But then again, think of the devil and he shall appear.

As a tumbleweed rolled by minding a business that no one should ought to know about, past it a humanoid figure stood. With a crown of brown spiky hair, and a purple, almost gray shirt that covered just above the knee line that had matching shoes and a set of shoulder guards that looked out of place with the boxing gloves that is its hands. The species was easy enough to identify, a Hitmonchan, also referred to as the 'punching' pokemon by the trainers pokedex. Seriously though, Soul wondered why it was called the 'punching' pokemon rather than the 'boxing' pokemon. It seemed like it would fit far more considering the atypical motto of the species was to punch the living heck out of something like a boxing champion. Mentally a little snippet played in the back of his imagination, wondering if the punching pokemon got its name from punching a professor in the face when it was first discovered.... Probably.

"Hitmonchan!" the causer of pony grief declared allowed, in the native tongue of his species, it seems he was not blessed with the equis speech, which sealed that he was the intruder he was here for, of course in the native language of their species it would of said, ' Another challenger comes to my Dojo to claim what is rightfully mine?'

Great, just great it was one of those occasions, where wild hitmonchan sought out greater challenges in their attempts to become the best fighting pokemon around, returning in kind with the same languages the chandelure spoke its own name, delicate shifts of fire and gestures of its many faceted limbs going to work expressing the exact intent, 'I am not here to challenge you, but free the people around here from fear Hitmonchan! This is not the world of pokemon, and the problems you are causing will reflect negatively among these people!'

Of course to the town ponies, it looked like the mad boxer thing was shaking a fist at a flying purple chandelier and the chandelier was making weird dancing motions, they could neither hear what was being exchanged, nor would they have understood it without years of practice.

To Souls quiet dismay however, the Hitmonchan refused with a shake of its head, and another stalwart cry, 'I have claimed these folk under my domain as my pupils, and I will make them train, until my honor has the satisfaction of a well fought victory, rather than the paltry defense that was offered before me. You will have to make me leave! En Guarde purple-lighted Foe, for I shall surely defeat thee in battle!'

'The heck is with the olden tongue all of a sudd-!?' Soul asked, but then had to swiftly fling himself to the side, as a bullet speed punch flew past him. Already the boxer had closed the distance, and still in the motions of the first dodge, the hitmonchan grinned, 'Ice Punch!'

"Protec-" Soul started but it was far too late, with the lightning fast second shot soul's voluntary flight became an involuntary one as he was launched across the street and into a barrel of apples.

The now upside down chandelier had incidentally set the entire barrel on fire with its flame, and with a cracked head everything was blurry... no, wait, that was the ice... As he recovered, the Hitmonchan waited, gesturing tauntingly with one of its gloves while it waited for Soul to get up. With a wash of heat, the ice melted, and the chandelure used recover to repair the damages, and clear away his concussion as he floated upward into right position. That being said and done, the Hitmonchan smirked and charged forward again, another one two ready.

Soul was ready this time, and with a swift flight upward he managed to avoid the straight and get out of the way of the follow up swing of ice, Then he felt the after lash of the second punch, even a indirect blow that missed by an inch or two, an arm had frozen, he needed to go faster if he was to keep up with this darn boxer, "Flame Charge!" With a whirlwind of fire, Soul flew toward the hitmonchan, who swiftly duck and weaved out of the way, but the fire served two other purposes. The first cleared away the ice on Soul's arm, and the other raised his speed up. If this Hitmonchan really wanted to play the speed game, it would return in kind.

Another flame charge, and more ice punches, some missing, others colliding, with each attack Soul was getting faster, but the Hitmonchan was still as fast as a bullet and faster still with his ice punches, the fight progressing from the center of town, and down the streets as reaper and boxer fought to maintain a position of dominance, but then on the fifth flame charge, the Hitmonchan changed attacks with a grin, 'rock slide!' With that the battle for distance was negated as the boxer punched the ground, and from underneath Soul, tons of rocks flew out, catching the fiery ghost by surprise, and nearly knocking the consciousness out of him with the sudden strike from afar.

"Recover!" The brink of death was narrowly avoided, but the heavy injuries still existed, but the time spent healing gave the Hitmonchan time for another move, more precisely a change in environment that was being incurred from a wild dance, causing rain to start falling. Here, fire type moves would be doused and Soul needed to be careful of taking in too much rain, mud or a mixture of both as a heavy downpour came on to try and douse his flame. How he missed his lid, his flame protecting wonderful lid that was in his old form!

The Hitmonchan was grinning wider now that the rain had set in, and with the fires being hampered, he charged onward, delivering elemental punch after elemental punch, each faster than the last as the flying chandelier was forced skyward to avoid all of them, time to go on the defense, and with that thought in line Soul decided the best course of action with the bullet speed puncher was to make enough targets that he wore himself out, and with a, "Double Team" or four, the quickly growing number of illusioned copies flying about, Soul started to work his upperhand, relying upon darker moves like Dark pulse to create waves of shadow that would be incredibly hard to avoid when the duplicates were also doing likewise making the real attack hard to find among the duplicates. It sent him flying backward into a wall, but he was far from done and out.

But as he emerged he was using a move, a speed boosting one as he called out the word 'Agility' rapidly, then he was out, as a burst of speed, rapidly he began to punch out faster, and faster, hitting duplicates down in rapid order with 'Bullet Punch!

Now he was punching through duplicates as if no tomorrow, and I could barely raise the green shield of the protect move before he had worked his way to me, about half finished through all the doppelgangers. When my shield and his fist met, there was an explosion of smoke from the force of the blow, and I had to follow up with a spin of fire as I turned into a wheel and charged him, 'flame charge'

It was clear he hadn't been expecting to actually find me until he worked himself through the rest of my doppelgangers, and caught in surprise he wasn't able to avoid me as I rammed into him. The fire seemed to burn him greatly, but that was probably because of how powerful my fire was. I didn't relent however, as I continued to charge into him while shouting the same move over and over again. Eventually he punched us in the side with an ice infused fist and we were sent rolling away from him.

Duplicates scattered once more around me as I recovered and reemerged into the crowd of floating chandelures as he got up clutching his burned gut. The rain had kept him from having a worse fate but now my speed had caught back up to his. "Thy have proven to be a powerful foe! Have at thee miserable ghost! For we have now decided to unleash our most powerful weapon!" He brought back his fist as it started to be coated in electricity, and in the rain it was amplified.

Worriedly I was starting to prepare my own strongest attacks, but then the fist unignited as he clutched with both hands into his stomach wound. Curiously I saw the clocktower behind him and saw that three minutes had passed. He needed rest and with his injuries it would be a long one. "Surrender now and you will not be harmed."

The Hitmonchan gave a slow wheezing laugh, "No need to ask that, thou hast won thy victory...We only wish we could've followed up with our words... He chuckled as he stared at the falling rain. By rights of the Dojo under us, we hand our keys and service to thee."

A single thought of confusion was painfully obvious on Souls face and the hitmontop continued, "You have beaten us in a fair duel, that makes thou our master until such a time we have proven to be your superior in combat."

As the rain began to part Soul looked from the hitmontop to the sky. Wondering what he was supposed to do now. He had won, and it had ended in a way he hadn't expected. Well he couldn't leave the hitmontop here to torment the folk of the village, so he guessed he would have to take the pokemon with him.

"Then welcome under my fold then, I guess." Soul replied after a short bit, "Do you have a name?"

"Name? What, like the trainers of our world?" Hitmontop replied, a bit in disbelief at the question.

"Yeah, I'm Soul Light." Soul readily replied, "And what should I call you?"

The hitmontop thought about it and looked around at the town, seeing little to no good inspiration by his viewpoint he thought for a longer bit before saying, "Call us Rain Storm. For our habit of punching up a storm we guess."

It would have to do until he either thought of a better name, or it stuck on as much as Souls name. Eventually Rain Storm had rested enough to move, and as they were talking ponies had begun to creep out of their homes and shops to see if the fight was well and truly over.

Noticing the attention Soul was getting nervous, and then he heard a whistling sound. Looking up it was too late to dodge.

A metric ton of party supplies rained down from the direction of the everfree forest, and the town was decorated in a spectacular fashion for a victory party. The sudden bombardment sent the two Pokemon scurrying off in panic and left the townfolk stunned. Several minutes passed and one stallion, Braeburn asked, "What now?"

Somewhere in the crowd another pony asked, "Time to party?"

"Time to party!" the rest of the crowd joined in a shout as the strange boxer, and flying purple chandelier that was plaguing their town left in a massive hurry. One asking, "What in Arceus names was that?!" and the other replying, "Pinkie Pie." as they scurried off into the plains back the way Soul came.

Comments ( 2 )

remember, Flame charge can be kept active...
theres no need to chain together multiples.
keep it active to weaken/stop the power of ice moves.
plus there is a constant speed boost

also, ghosts can walk through walls, so go into the ground...

ITS BACK AGAIN WOO!

Login or register to comment