• Published 26th May 2013
  • 403 Views, 3 Comments

Daybroken Feather - FeatherNote21



When a teleportation spell from Princess Luna's new student goes terribly wrong and a human is teleported to Equestria in a time of need. How will these three humans and friends get home together?

  • ...
 3
 403

Chapter 1: The Portal

Chapter 1

A soft breeze carried the smell of the ripest apples from a large apple orchard, and the summer sun flickered off the bright red barn. In the orchard, working hard as always, were four ponies. The first and eldest was a red stallion, who carried a yoke around his neck and had a spiked orange mane and tail. His muscular structure and wide muzzle gave away that his passion was being a work horse, and helping his sisters.

The second was the middle filly, and was orange with a pale yellow mane and tail. She wore atop her head a brown cowboy hat, and kicked a tree, shaking bright red apples free into a basket a smaller filly held on her back. This smaller filly was a pale yellow, with a apple-red mane and tail. In her mane, right behind her ears, was a large, pink bow.

The fourth wasn't an earth pony. He flew through the air, using incredible speed to rustle apples out of the trees into levitating buckets below. He had a bright orange pelt, and a mane and tail streaked with red and yellow.

"Gee, Daybreak, do ya think ya've worked enough today?" the orange filly said below the stallion. He paused in midair, right before crashing into another tree. He smirked, and looked into the filly's bright green eyes.

"Don't worry AJ, I could never make up your hospitality for taking me in these past few days. Just let me work for a few more days-"

"Daybreak, I want you to go out. Enjoy yourself. You've spent days working, and It'd be selfish to keep you working."

"But Applejack-"

"I promise Big Mac, Applebloom, and I got it handled here."

Daybreak stared at Applejack, set his bucket down, and nodded. He flew towards Ponyville until a bright light caught his eye. It was a bright blue, and flickered black and white. His hooves touched the ground and he stopped, gazing at the orb in wonder. It ebbed and pulsed, until a turquoise pegasus began to emerge from the orb, her wings were folded in tightly agianst her back, and her eyes were closed. She slid out like a trout fresh out of a stream, a flowing black-and-white striped mane and tail emerged last from the orb, and an explosion of blues erupted behind her. The filly's hooves touched the ground and her eyes flickered open, reveling sapphire blue eyes. The filly's black-and-white mane came to rest, a black feather pulsating a dark blue magical aura in her mane. Daybreak stood there in shock, and the pegasus blinked.

"Hello there!" she said. Daybreak blinked again, and shook his head. She was the most astounding filly he had ever seen.

"Hi." he said. The filly trotted up to him.

"Whats your name?" She said cheerily, and looked him over quickly.

"Daybreak. Yours?"

"Feather Note." The filly said. She flapped her wings out and gave them a shake.

"Wow. It's been a while since I've used these..." she said, and flapped up into the sky a bit.

"I've never seen you around here before." Daybreak said, and flew up next to her.

"That's no shock. The last time I was here was about...oh, I guess about three pony years." she said, and glanced around.

"Wait, you've been here before?" he asked. Feather Note paused, and glanced at him through playful blue eyes.

"Yeah, once. I can travel freely between worlds. It takes a ton of magical energy, and I can't use my magic for a few days after my arrival here, but I only come when Princess Celestia and Princess Luna call for me."She started flying again, towards Ponyville.

"I-I was magically teleported here about a week ago. I'm a human-"

"Oh man, I'm so sorry Daybreak. I must've done that. My teleportation magic doesn't completely work sometimes, and sometimes it teleports others instead of me. What was your human name?"

"Jackson."

Silence followed that. The filly had no response, and just kept silently flying.

"I'm sorry..."she whispered, and lowered herself to the ground.

"What do you mean?" Daybreak asked, and followed her to the ground, and stood next to her. The filly turned around, and stared at the ground. Tears formed at her eyes.

"Jackson I'm sorry...I'm so so so sorry..." Feather Note's tears splashed onto the dusty ground.

"Feather, why are you sorry?" Daybreak asked, and reached out with his left wing to comfort the filly. She sidestepped, and looked up.

"I-I'm a human to. You know me. My names Lyra..." she said. Daybreak pulled his wing back quickly, and stared at her.

"I-I never wanted this to happen to you..." she said, and flew away at a high speed. Daybreak just stood there in a shock. Why was she apoligizing? He focused his magic into his horn, and tried to locate Feather's location. He closed his eyes and saw her flying towards Rainbow Dash's home in Cloudsdale. He sighed. May as well let her go, Dashie would tell him all about it later.

Author's Note:

Ok, so here's a fic I started a LONG time ago.
Like, back in February.

I actually really like it from an authors standpoint, so Let's continue shall we?
TO THE NEXT CHAPTER! :D