• Published 26th May 2013
  • 7,430 Views, 250 Comments

Friendship and Mysteries - The Cake Devil



Dipper thought he was prepared for any thing , or at least he thought he did until an encounter with a magical horse and her patch job partner. Now Dipper is in a race against time and the fate of two worlds may rest in his hands.

  • ...
11
 250
 7,430

Worlds Collide. (Now Edited thanks to Neko Majin C)

Chapter 4

Dipper braced himself as he came crashing down to earth. He instinctually threw his arms in front of his face, closed his eyes tightly, and turned his head as he prepared for the worse.

“Don’t hurt me!” The two beings cried.

Dipper hesitantly peeked from underneath his arms to find the small creature cowering behind her wings as she peeked at him as well.

“Wait, what did you say?” Dipper asked.

“I’m sorry I grabbed you, it was an accident, I swear, just please don’t hurt me.”

“What? No, I’m not going to hurt you.”

“You’re not?”

Dipper shook his head. As he did, the small horse removed her wings from her face and stood back up.

“Well that’s a relief.” She sighed.

The two stared silently at each other for what seemed like ages.

“So who, and what, exactly are you?” Dipper asked as he rose to his feet, scratching his head. “You’re not like any horse I’ve ever seen. Are you like some sort of mutation, or did you do something like eat a fairy?”

“I’m certainly not a horse, or a mutation. I’m an Alicorn.”

“A what-a-corn?”

“Alicorn. And I’m a who, Princess Twilight Sparkle, to be precise. But, Twilight is just fine.”

“Oh, well, nice to meet you Princess- I mean Twilight- I’m Dipper, Dipper Pines.” Dipper gave a friendly smile as he approached Twilight with his hand outstretched.

Twilight returned the smile and placed her fore hoof in his hand. “It’s nice to meet you, too, Dipper. Um, excuse me, I hope you don’t find this rude, but what is that on your forehead?”

Twilight used her magic to part Dipper’s bangs to reveal his birthmark (resembling the big dipper) hidden behind his hair.

“Well, that’s an odd place for a cutie mark. And I must say, I’ve never seen one like yours before.”

Dipper’s face went red with embarrassment as he yanked his hat down over his head.

“It’s a birthmark, and I’m not cute,” Dipper mumbled.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend.”

“It’s okay, just don’t do it again… please. So, if you don’t mind me asking, Twilight, just where did you come from and why?”

Twilight shook her head. “Sorry, Dipper, but that information is on a need to know basis. But what I can tell you is-”

“Equestria, and we’re here to find and eliminate the spirit of an evil unicorn king before he gains enough power to take over our world and this one.”

“Discord!” Twilight screamed as the Spirit of Chaos teleported himself to her side.

“Oh, don’t get your feathers in a bunch, Twilight. You’ve already gone and blown our cover; within the first few hours of being here, I might add. I don’t see the harm in letting just one local in on the fun.”

Twilight’s face turned bright red from a mix of frustration and embarrassment.

“That wasn’t my fault, and you know it! If you hadn’t have been so determined to play that silly game of hide and seek, none of this would have happened!”

“Oh, I see how it is.” Discord crossed his arms and turned his back to Twilight. “You know, Twilight, just because you lost doesn’t mean you have to be sore about it. It’s rather immature of you.”

“Immature of me?! We have seven days to stop an unspeakable evil and you’re playing games. You’re the immature one here!”

“Tsk, tsk, Twilight. You best watch that temper of yours more carefully, you’ve gone and scared our new friend right out of his wits.”

“What are you talking about? He’s fine.”

Twilight’s eyes widened as she looked over to see Dipper on his back side looking up at the two. His eyes were filled with sheer terror and his knees were quivering out of control.

“Oh my gosh, Dipper, what’s wrong?” Twilight asked as she quickly trotted over to him.

“Stay back!” Dipper screamed. He shot to his feet and held a shaking arm in front of his body.

Twilight stared at him with a mix of concern and confusion.

“Dipper, I don’t understand. What’s going on?”

“First, what is that thing?!” Dipper asked, pointing a shaking finger at Discord. “For the past few hours, I’ve seen nothing but that monster. In my dreams, in my book, and even on my sister! What is it, and why won’t it leave me alone?!”

Twilight turned her attention back to Discord, who quickly flashed an innocent grin as a halo manifested over his head.

“What did you do?” Twilight asked as she shot him a glare.

“Well, you were knocked out for a pretty long time, and it was rather boring just listening to you snore. So, I decided to have a little fun with the little fella, is all.”

“Discord look at him!” Twilight demanded, holding a hoof out to Dipper. “He’s absolutely terrified, for Celestia’s sake!”

“Oh, come on, Twilight. If anything, I’ve made his past few hours far more entertaining.”

“Entertaining!?” Both Dipper and Twilight shouted.

“Yes, entertaining.” Discord said as he slunk his way over to Dipper’s side and wrapped a paw over his shoulder. “How wonderful it must have been to see such a fantastic creature in your dreams. Then, after waking up, you had the pleasure to see me two additional times. I’m a regular dream come true, if I do say so myself.”

“You can distinguish between a nightmare and a dream, right?” Dipper asked slowly coming out of his shock.

Twilight giggled, putting a hoof over her mouth as she attempted to hide her smile.

“Humph.” Discord muttered as he removed his paw from Dipper and crossed his arms. “Well, if that’s the way you’re going to be about it, then maybe next time I’ll just let you suffer when you’re dreaming about that awful, red-headed witch.”

Dipper’s cheeks turned a dark red, he was about to respond but was interrupted by a familiar voice.

“Yo, is anyone over there?”

Author's Note:

Hello my friends! Man it's good to be back I'm so sorry for the short chapter and I double promise this is the shortest one that your going to see me do . I solemnly swear that all proceeding chapters shall be longer then this one!.


Yours truly Thecakedevil.