• Published 26th May 2013
  • 7,428 Views, 250 Comments

Friendship and Mysteries - The Cake Devil



Dipper thought he was prepared for any thing , or at least he thought he did until an encounter with a magical horse and her patch job partner. Now Dipper is in a race against time and the fate of two worlds may rest in his hands.

  • ...
11
 250
 7,428

Halloween Special

Dear Dahilings.

Great googley moogly, another chapter within the same week?! Yeah yeah, truth is this one , like the Christmas special, was rather spontaneous, don't ya wish I could write actual chapters this fast...yeah me too:fluttercry:. Anywhozeer, editing is pending and chapter 15 is still on schedule.

I hope you this little brain child, as well as your Halloween.

Sincerely Yours, The Cake Devil.

Halloween Special.

Ah Nightmare Night, a night celebrating the late Nightmare Moon and the darkness she ruled over. A where fear reigns supreme, and all manner of monsters come out in the hopes to scare the unsuspecting pony. But most importantly, it’s when dressing up in costumes and asking for candy, is not only expected, but welcomed! It’s on this night of nights that we come across our friends of FaM, scattered about the streets of Ponyville, causing all manner of mischief and merriment.

Our first group we come upon are our favorite duo Dipper Pines and Twilight Sparkle. Dipper sported a generic cowboy costume. Twilight had used her magic and created the illusion that she no longer had her horn and tail, along with changing her fur and mane color, from her usual lavender and purple, to white coat with brown spots. Accompanying the two were none other than Pinkie Pie and Mabel Pines, who seemed to be dressed as the other. Mabel was sporting an all pink wardrobe, which included an almost blindingly pink sweater that she knitted three balloons into the center of. Her hair was dyed a matching pink and fashioned with maximum curl intended, and from her back pocket she sported a pink pom pom to act as a tale. Pinkie had dyed her mane and tail a light brown and straightened her mane except for a large ‘poof’ that she allowed to form at the end. Over her front section was a crimson sweater with a shooting star plastered in the middle of it, and in her mouth were apparently a set of temporary braces…Is that a thing? Seriously that had to have been extremely-
Of course they’re a thing silly, I’m wearing them aren’t I?
…Moving on!

“Man, I just can’t get over how close we are when it come to holidays,” Dipper said. “ Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, you guys have your very own versions of theses that are almost identical to ours.”

“It’s quite odd indeed,” Twilight said. “ Do you think there’s some kind of source for each of them?”

“Who knows, maybe, wanna research it when we get back to the tree house?” Dipper eagerly asked.

“Is Star Swirl the Bearded’s cap surrounded in bells?”

“I..don’t know, is it, is that a yes or-”

“Yes, it’s a yes.”

“Then count me-”

“Boooooooaring!” Mabel said from atop Pinkies back. “ Come on guys, save the nerd stuff for later, use those big brains of yours to figure out how to get more candy!”

“Yeah!” Pinkie said. “With your combined smartnessesses, we’ll be able to score like, a quadruple billion more pieces of candy!”

“Wow, is that even a real number?” Mabel asked sitting up from the pink mares back.

“With their smarts and our awesome costumes, we can sure as hay make it a number! A number that will represent delicious, sweet, and delicious candy.”

“You said delicious twice.” Dipper pointed out.

“That’s because all candy is double delicious!”Pinkie shouted.

“Speaking of costumes, what exactly are you two suppose to be?” Mabel said tilting her head.
“Oh that’s easy,” Pinkie said. “Dipper’s an old timey barber, and Twilight is his faithful dog patches. Together they solve mysteries, and trim manes, all while singing catchy tunes as they
travel across the old west.”

Dipper and Twilight simultaneously face palmed/hoofed.

“OK,” Twilight said. “We’ll go over this one more time. I’m Hildago, the trusty mustang of-”

“Frank Hopkins,” Dipper interjected. “Famous for winning over four hundred races-”

“Competing in a three thousand mile race in the middle east-”

“Rode with Buffalo…Bill-right?”

“Yeah, and was involved in the conservation of mustangs until his death in 1951.” Dipper said as the pair sported proud smiles.

Pinkie and Mabel stared at the two then each other, before turning back to the duo and shrugging.

“Sooo a cowboy and his horse?” Mabel asked.

Dipper and Twilight sighed in defeat and lowered their heads.

“Yes, a cowboy and his horse.” Dipper said.

“Then why didn’t they just say that?” Pinkie asked turning to Mabel.

Mabel shrugged.

“And an even greater question of importance, why are we standing here talking when there’s candy to be snatched?!” Pinkie screamed.

“Oh my gosh you’re right!” Mabel shouted sitting up. “Quickly my pink steed, onwards to the first house!” Mabel said pointing forward.

“Yes ma’me,” Pinkie said giving a salute and bolting to the closest house, dragging behind her a red wagon containing Gummy (the alligator) and Waddles( the pig) both dressed as the others species.

Twilight and Dipper rolled their eyes and followed the energetic duo.

“Do you think we put too much thought into our costumes?” Twilight asked.

“Nah,” Dipper said. “We’re just ahead of our time is all.”


Meanwhile- Hey, what about our candy?! Not now Pinkie I’m doing a transition, I’ll get back to you guys at the end. OK, but no skimping in the candy, or else! Yeah, or else! Mabel?! Ok, everyone out!

Anyways, meanwhile, in the town square, we come upon a multitude of costumed ponies all gathered and participating in various seasonal activities. But in a nearby alley way, the fun loving pony folk were nothing more than potential victims to two potential pranksters.

“Who would have thought that there’d be not one, but two chances I’d have in the summer, to scare the living daylights out of innocent civilians.,” Stan said rubbing his hands together.

“Yeah yeah, now shush,” said Rainbow Dash. “Just remember to stick to the plan.”

From out of the alleyway came a makeshift booth. The booth rolled to a stop near the edge of the activities. Said booth was supported by four tiny wheels that barely supported the structure. On it’s surface was a single silver platter and a lid covering it, and above it was a sign that read “Mystery Dish.” All of which were surrounded with a weakly supported curtain

“Step right up step right up,” Rainbow (dressed as a circus ring leader for the night) called out. “Come one come all, and behold the wonders of, the Mystery Dish!”

A small group of fillies and colts began gathering at the site of the booth, curious of the mares intentions.

“That’s right, that’s right, everybody come close. Could it be gold? Could it be candy? Who knows, you’re guess is as good as mine. The answer can be revealed for the simple payment of three pieces of candy.” She finished as she held out an empty bag.

The group nodded and smiled as the first group of ponies threw in their pieces of candy and gathered around the dish.

“Alright, alright , very good. OK that’s all we can fit for right now, the rest of you will have to wait. Rainbow said as she closed the curtain around the small group and flew behind the booth.
“Alright everypony gather close, that’s it.” She said as the ponies leaned in with widened eyes.

“Everypony ready?” She asked, to which the group nodded. “Alright, here it is!” She said as she quickly yanked the cover of the plate off the platter.

The ponies were met with the sight of the green and rotting head of a corpse. Causing the ponies to initially gasp and jump back in shock. But as one brave colt reached out to poke the odd secret, the head instantly shot its eyes opened and screamed as loud as it could. All participating parties fled the both as fast as their legs could carry them, screaming at the top of their lungs.

Once the booth was clear, the two tricksters burst out into a fit of laughter.

“Oh-oh-oh I can’t- I can’t breathe!” Rainbow said clutching her sides.

“Sweet Moses, human children or pony children, the satisfaction of scaring kids is always the same,” Stan said, reaching a hand up from under the booth to whip away a tear.

“Aw man, the way you screamed just as that kid was about to touch you, perfect!”

“Oh contraire, if it wasn’t for your over drawn pitch, we wouldn’t have had those suckers in the first place!”

“You’re pretty awesome for an old guy you know that?”

“Likewise-except for pony instead of old guy.”

“Right, enough talk; let’s get ready for the next group.”

“Right!” Stan said placing the silver cover back over his head.

“Uhhh,” Dipper groaned. “I’m starting to think we just should have dressed in more recognizable costumes. Like, I don’t know, Frankenstein’s monster and Dracula?”

“I think you’re right,” Twilight said, giving a groan of her own. “I stopped keeping track of how
many times we’ve been asked what we were and received the same dumbfounded look.”

“Really?”

“No, it’s forty three counting that last one.”

“You guys are just over thinking it,” Mabel said taking a handful of candy out of her over stuffed bag, and shoving it into her mouth. “It’s just like back home, cute wins the day, right Pinks?”

Pinkie raised her head from her bag of candy wrapped around her neck.

“Right!” She stated before plunging her face back into the bag of sweets.

“Maybe then you might have an actual haul rather than kind of heavy pillow covers.” Mabel said
pointing to the duos bags, filled with only an eighth of the pillow’s maximum carrying capacity.

“You know what, they’re right!” Twilight said slamming her practically empty bag to the ground.

“Come on Dipper, I have an idea.”

“Lead the way!” Dipper said giving a mock salute before the due sprinted into the direction of the tree house, leaving Pinkie and Mabel eating their candy.

“Think their plan will work?” Pinkie asked.

“Probably not,” replied Mabel. “Wanna get some more candy?”

“You know it! Come on guys!” Pinkie said, gesturing to the Gummy and Waddles, who were busy merrily munching on their own piles of candy.


“Welp, that’s another bag of candy,” Stan said after another successful scare. “What’s that bring us to Rainbow?”

“Four, we have four whole bags of candy!” Rainbow responded gleefully.

“Holly tileto, are there any more suckers out there? Let’s shoot for five bags!”

“Hold on, let me check.” Rainbow said poking her head out from behind the curtain.

To her surprise, there was nopony, and the ponies she did see had already been scared or seemed uninterested.

“Sorry Stan,” Rainbow said pulling her head back in. “ I think we hit our limit. But hey, four bags is pretty darn good.”

“Yeah I suppose,” Stan grumbled. “But I’d still like to get at least one more scare in before the night is over. Mind checking for at least one more sap?”

“Welll, why not,” Rainbow said poking her head back out of the curtain.

Just as before it seemed that the two were out of luck. Then, in the center of the festivities, Rainbow saw the ultimate target. With widened eyes and a sharp gasp, she closed the curtain with the grin of all grins on her face.

“What, what is it, who’d you see?!” Stan asked.

“Princess Celestia.”

“Hooooo!” Stan exclaimed. “Rainbow, if you have any pity for this old man, you’ll get that princess over here, asap!”

“One princess, coming right up,” Rainbow said rubbing her hooves together.

“With any luck, she might just throw money out of sheer terror!”

“Shh, it’s time for mama to work her magic.” She said before stepping out from behind the curtain.

“Princess, oh Princess!”





“Princess, oh Princess!” Celestia heard as she turned around to meet the source of the voice.

“Oh, Rainbow Dash, what a pleasant surprise. How are you enjoying your Night mare night?”

“As good as any other,” Rainbow responded. “Anypony give you a good scare tonight?” Rainbow asked giving a cheeky smile.

“Unfortunately not,” Celestia said. “When you get to be my age there’s not much that can surprise you.”

“Hmmm, sounds like a challenge.”Rainbow said rubbing under her chin. “ How about this, we-er-I manage to scare you, you owe me four bags of candy.”
Celestia smiled.

“And if I win and by some miracle I’m not frightened?”

“Then you get our-er-my four bags.”

“Hm, double or nothing, alright, I’ll take your bet Miss Dash, lead the way.”


“This way your Majesty,” Stan heard from under his lid.

“Ooo, cash shower here we come,” he thought to himself, struggling to contain his excitement.

Stan heard the curtain slide closed then shut as Rainbow sealed away the unsuspecting victim from the outside world.

“Behold, the Mystery Platter!” Rainbow announced. “Few have gazed upon its continents, and those that have, only flee at mere sight at what it lies under its protective cover. Do you think yourself ready to gaze upon the unholy contents, of The Mystery Platter?!”

“Man,” Stan thought to himself. “I should think about givin this broad a job.”

“I think I’m ready enough,” Celestia cooed.

“Very well, but don’t say I didn’t warn you!”

Stan readied himself, taking in a deep breath, Stan let loose his most violent scream of the night, shaking his head violently back and forth as foam inadvertently sprayed from his mouth. He proceeded this action until he slowly realized that his victim wasn’t showering his head with riches nor was she showing any kind of fear for that matter. In fact, the princess was…smiling?

“Hello Stan.” She said. “Say, aren’t we supposed to be on a date?”

Shut up alright, I’m getting to that!

“Hmph, anyways, not bad, had I been a century younger you might have actually scared me.”

“What?!” Stan interjected. “Come on lady, that was downright terrifying. I almost passed out for that performance!”

“Yeah!” Rainbow said. “And if I may ask, what exactly do you know about horror?”

“Well, I’m glad you asked.”



Moments later two screams echoed from behind the curtain before the whole stand seemed to pick itself up and start running. Following it closely was an equally terrified cyan mare , screaming at the top of her lungs.

Celestia gave a soft chuckle as she levitated the four bags of candy onto her back.

“Sister?” She head as she turned around to see Luna. “What pray tell, was that all about?” Luna asked quirking an eyebrow.

“Oh nothing to worry about dear sister, just teaching some armatures a lesson or two.”


Back at the treehouse, everyone/pony had convened and were counting up their loot. The CMC and Spike, were admiring Pinkie and Mabel's now monumental hoard of candy. Fluttershy was snuggling the passed out Gummy and Waddles. Rarity, Wendy, and Applejack were bobbing for apples. The royal sisters were conversing with Stan and Rainbow (the latter were still shaking quite a bit). All was well except-

“Hey,” Pinkie yelled. “Has anyone seen Dipper and Twilight?”

The room gave a collective shrug when suddenly a slam came from the front door. To the rooms surprise, there stood a manticore and a timberwolf , booth out of breath. The CMC were the first to panic, followed quickly by Applejack, Rarity, and the royal sisters taking up a defensive position.

“Wait, wait, wait don’t shoot!” The timberwolf pleaded in a familiarly feminine voice.

“It’s us,” the manticore added.

“Dipper, Twilight, the Sam hill happened to you two?” AJ inquired.

“Well,” Twilawolf started. “We may have kinda sorta used a transformation spell instead of costumes.”

“And it turns out that town ponies don’t react the same way they would a pony dressed as said monsters.” The Manti-Pines finished.

“Wow,” Mabel said, tossing ball of candy in her mouth. “Even we could have told you that was a bad idea.”

“For sure,” Pinkie added.

Happy Halloween every-

“Wait a minute!” Pinkie yelled. “Has anypony seen Discord?”

“Yeah,” Stan said. “Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve seen Soos at all tonight.

Just then, Mabel and Pinkies candy mound began to rumble, suddenly, out flew Discord dressed as a pumpkin, and Soos as jolly old St. Nick himself.

“Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas every dudes!”

“Soosa Clause!” The CMC cheered.

“Yes, tis I, the humble Soosa Clause, and my trusted associate The Great Pumpkin.” Soos said gesturing to Discord.

“Ok,” Manti-Pines groaned. “Putting aside all the things wrong with what just happened, where have you two been!?”

“Well, we had to make a few stops.” Discord said, pulling a sack out of nowhere. “It wouldn’t be a
Night Mare Night without a touch of evil.” He said dumping the bag upside down.

From the bag tumbled King Sombra, Lil’ Gideon, Bill Cypher, and a timberwolf.

“Wow,” Bill said clutching his pointed head. “Even I’m confused as to how that happened.”

“No,” Sombra said. “ No, no, no, no, no, I will not be in another one of these ‘specials’. Take me back ri-”

Sombra was cut off by the sudden intrusion of a caramel apple into his mouth. Pushed in by a blue aura.

“Oh sush up and live a little,” Luna said giving the King a small wink.

Sombra gave a subtle blush before rolling his eyes and popping the apple out of his mouth.

“You’re lucky I can’t resist anything doused in caramel…” The King said before trotting off with the Princess of the night.

Rising from the ground was the timberwolf, still a bit groggy from the trip, the beast gave his head a good shake as his vision adjusted. As it did they fell upon Twilight, still in timberwolf form. A primitive grin formed on his muzzle as he leaned into the disguised Princess.

“Oh horsefeathers,” Twilight screamed in a sudden realization. “I forgot to change us back!”
With a sudden purple flash the two returned to their original forms. Only problem was the timber wolf had still been leaning on Twilight at the time, resulting in the Princess becoming the crash pad for the love stricken pup.

As the night went on, and around the time the party was in full swing, a familiar groaning sound came into audible range. And with the sound came a familiar blue phone booth growing stronger in visibility with each moan. Then, out from the phone booth, popped the head of an ever so familiar face, sporting an oh so dapper bowtie.

“Huh, well this isn’t exactly planet Midnight.”

“Doctor!” The group cheered.

“Hello gang,” The Doctor said emerging from his blue box. “And what have I crashed into this time?”

“Hi Doctor!” Pinkie says bouncing up to the man. “We’re celebrating Night Mare Night! You’re welcome to come celebrate it with us, you can even bring Kazaran and Abigail if they’re inside!”

The Doctor looks down at the pink mare.

“Oh, they had , other plans, yes other plans.” The Doctor says averting eye contact with the mare for a brief second.

“But, I do have some more friends that’d be happy to meet you, isn’t that right?!”

As the Doctor opened the door, out ran a short purple figure, screaming at the top of her lungs
“PARTY!” And almost like it were instinct, dove straight for Mabel and Pinkies Candy stash.

“Amethyst!” a lengthy elegant figure cried stepping out of the TARDIS. “That is not how we introduce ourselves!”

“Wooo, party!” Cried a young read shirted, curly black haired, boy. “Wow, what kinda party is this?”

“The best kind!” Mabel and Pinkie shouted.

“So what’s your name?” Pinkie asked.

“I’m Steven, Steven Universe.”

“Doctor,” came a deep but feminine voice. Out from the TARDIS stepped large, square haired women. “We really should be going.”

“Awww, Garnet, do we have to?” Steven cried. “We just got here, can’t we stay for just a little longer?” He asked clinging to one of the women’s sizeable legs.

Garnet looked down to the begging boy, then back to the crowd, then finally back to the boy again, who this time seemed to be putting on his best puppy dog eyes.

“I can’t say no to that face.” She said.

“Horray!” Steven cheered.

“But only for a little while, then it’s back on the mission.”

“A little while is all you’re gonna need , sister.” Mabel said strapping a party hat to Garnets head.

The End.

Happy Halloween Everyone!