• Published 26th May 2013
  • 7,433 Views, 250 Comments

Friendship and Mysteries - The Cake Devil



Dipper thought he was prepared for any thing , or at least he thought he did until an encounter with a magical horse and her patch job partner. Now Dipper is in a race against time and the fate of two worlds may rest in his hands.

  • ...
11
 250
 7,433

A Very Mysterious Christmas Special.

Dear Readers Merry Christmas my dahlings, alright so heres the deal. This is a Christmas special, it has no relevance to the main story and will not be mentioned again. With that said, please enjoy and expect chapter 11 within the break. Oh and p.s. Really didn't have time to edit this I whipped this up in the span of a day.

“Knock, knock, knock” went the door.

“Dipper, get the door!” Stan bellowed from the living room, taking a sip form his eggnog filled mug.

Dipper emerged from the kitchen, his face dotted with flower and sporting an annoyed frown. A white apron hid a red wool sweater with the left half of a Christmas tree with bright multi-colored lights.

“Grunkle Stan come on your not even doing anything,” Dipper argued. “The pies aren’t even ready yet and the oven is full.”

“Not doing anything, why without my eye for perfection, how on earth would the Christmas tree get decorated?”

“Grunkle Stan, that’s a fidkis.” Dipper said, glancing over to the painfully fake tree covered with make shift ornaments and a dangerous amount of lights. Mabel was gluing red and green sparkles onto the leaves as Soos struggled to keep the top of the tree from drooping from the weight of a single red ball ornament.

“Hey, did you see the prices they were asking for those over grown spider nests?” Stan scoffed. “Season of giving indeed.”

“Those prices were perfectly reasonable, and you stole that fidkis from the waiting room!”

Three more knocks came from the door.

“Door now.” Stan partly shouted pointing to the front entrance.


Dipper grumbled as he removed his apron and made his way to the door .

Opening it he was greeted with Twilight, Discord, five more multicolored ponies, three smaller ponies, two larger horse like beings, and a small purple lizard. All of which greeted Dipper with a hearty “Happy Hearts Warming Eve!”

Dipper stood there in utter disbelief for a moment before responding back “Hey guys glad you could make it, and thanks, Merry Christmas.” Dipper stepped aside to allow the group inside watching with a smile as the group came in carrying plates of food and presents which they stacked onto Dippers outstretched arms.

Dipper began to Struggle a little as the gift tower went over his head.

“Now be extra careful with this one.” Discord said holding out large, heavy looking, and crudely wrapped anvil shaped gift “I picked this out especially for you dear boy.”

Dipper braced himself for the oncoming shock, only to be met with nothing.

“Here, let me help you with those.” Twilight said, levitating the packages out of Dippers hands.

Dipper gave a heavy sigh, whipping the sweat from his brow.

“Thanks again for inviting us to your, what was it again, Christmas party? Anyways I hope you don’t mind that I brought my friends along.”

“Twilight we’ve been over this I said you could bring some friends along when I invited you so don’t worry about it.”

“Good, so want to tell me about that sweater you’re wearing?” Twilight said covering her hoof as she stifled a giggle.

“Why tell when he could show.” Mabel said, springing toward her brother and placing herself to his right side. Pressed together the image of a Christmas tree was sown onto their sweaters.

“Woooow!” Pinkie Pie. “It’s so sparkly and flashy, did you make this!?”

“You bet I did-and ohmygoshyourapinkponey!”Mabel said separating from Dipper and wrapping her arms around Pinkies neck.

“Tell me your secrets oh adorable one.”

“Ok.” Pinkie said with a grin , walking back into the main room while dragging a semi-paralyzed Mabel.

Twilight looked back over to Dipper. “Is she going to be-”

“She’ll be fine.”





“So you and your sister are like Princesses , right?” Stan asked , as he leaned on his eight ball cane attempting to start a conversation with Celestia. “You know I bet you two are absolutely loaded with loot, so if you ever, I don’t know, get too much or need a place to store it there’s no safer place then The Mystery Bank.”

Celestia smiled and took another sip form her cup of eggnog. “I thought this was the Mystery Shack? Or at least that’s what the sign said outside.”

“Eh, a minor typing error, so how much should I put you down for, fifty million, seventy billion? Hey that crown looks pretty heavy, please allow me to ste-hold it for you.”


“Ho, ho, ho” Soos Claus bellowed as he sat on Stans blue comforter as a nervous Sweetie Bell sat on his lap and the other two Crusaders waited patiently. “And what would you like for Christmas little unicorn-pony-dudet ?”

“Well” Sweetie Belle said looking off to the side, gasping she turned her head back to Soos Claus “Could you get me my cutie mark?!”

“That would be sooo cool!” Scootaloo said.

“Can ya mister Claus pretty please?” Asked Applebloom.

“Well, uh” Soos muttered, bearing the full force of three sets of puppy dog eyes. “You see, kids-”

“Of course he can!” Discord said warping an arm around Soos’s shoulder. “But it’s only for one night.”

“Horray!” The Crusaders cheered.

Soos looked nervously back to Discord and cupped his hand around his ear. “But dude, I don’t even know what a cutie what’s it is.”

“Do as I say.” Discord whispered back. “Alright girls are you ready for your Cutie Marks?”

“Yeaaah!” The girls cheered.

“Alright now close your eyes.”

The girls closed their eyes, bouncing up and down with anticipation.

“Alright Santa, reach into your sack and pull give them their Cutie Marks.”

“But dude” Soos whispered once more. “There’s only reject merchandise Mr. Pines told me to give away in there.”

“Just trust me and do it.”

Soos nodded and reached into the sack, feeling around, he pulled out a small sack of glowing sand.

“Now sprinkle it on their flanks.”

“You mean their butts?”

“Yes, whatever, now do it before I change my mind and stuff you in the sack.”
Soos complied and sprinkled a little bit of the glowing sand on each of the girls. The sand glowed even brighter as it hit their skin and forming into small images.

“Ok girls open your eyes.”

The three opened their eyes and looked to their flanks, and shrieked in unison ,“Our Cutie Marks!”

“Now girls there’s only one condition,” Discord said, interrupting the girls conversation. “The Magic will only last for the night so when you wake up tomorrow , they will all be gone.”

“Awww.”The girls moaned.

“Well, at least we get‘em for a little bit” Applebloom said, perking her head up.

“Yeah that’s pretty cool.” Agreed Scootaloo.

“Thanks Santa Clause.” The girls said wrapping their forelegs around Soos for a group hug.

“He, he, no problem girls.” He said, giving a warm smile as he returned the hug. “Now you girls be good alright?”

“Come on girls, let’s go show everypony our cutie marks!” Sweaty Bell said, leading the other two into the living room.

“Welp, there’s my one good deed for the year.” Discord said brushing his paws together. “Tell anypony and I’ll turn you into a candy cane, kapeish?”

“You got it dude.” Soos said zipping his lips. “ Alright, who’s next?”

Pinkie eagerly plopped onto Soos’s lap unrolling a lengthy scroll as she got comfortable.

“Ok let’s see, for starters, I’d like longer forelegs so I can give ponies even bigger hugs!.”






Spike smiled as he approached Rarity with a small package behind his back. The Fasioneista was standing under the archway leading to the main room, vigorously taking down notes and muttering to herself.

“Hey Rare, everything alright?”

“Hm, oh why of course dahling everything is marvelousness. This party and these decorations have given me more ideas then I know what to do with.” She said enthusiastically.

“That’s great, but there was something I wanted to ask you.”

Rarity stopped writing and turned to face Spike. “Why, what is it Spikeie ?”

“I-”


“Hey, hey look who’s under the missile toe!” Mabel called out form across the room.


“Missile toe?” Applejack perked up. “Why, we got that stuff back where we come from. What makes it so special here, and what’s so important bout standin under it?”

“Oh oh, does it shoot candy and rainbows, and glitter?!”Pinkie asked.

“No, but oh my gosh that should so be a thing! If two people are standing under it” Mabel paused as she mushed her cheeks together, “then they gotta kiss.”


“Wwwwhat?!” Spikes purple cheeks reddened instantly as eh looked over to Rarity, whose cheeks were just slightly less red then his.

“We, um, we don’t have to if you don’t want to Rarity. I mean I’d understand if you don’t” Spike said, looking off to the side and nervously crossing his legs.

“No, no it’s quite alright, it is custom after all and we shouldn’t be rude.”

“Are you sure, because um-”

“Just kiss her already!” Someone(or somepony ) screamed form the crowed.

“Well, I guess we might as well.” Rarity turned to Spike, closing her eyes and puckering her lips.

Spike was dumbfounded, his heart raced, his claws became clammy. The young dragon closed his eyes, puckered his lips and-

“Snort.”
Spike opened his eyes to find that his eyes to find that his lips had not made contact with the ivory mare of his dreams, but instead with the cheek of a festively dressed pig being held in place by Rainbowdash.

“See, see.” Rainbow yelled “I told you I could make’em kiss the pig, Wendy you owe me five bits,er bucks, whatever you call them.”

Rarity shot back in horror, brushing her tongue off with her hooves in disgust.

“Dal darn it Rainbow, why’d ya have to do a thing like that?” Applejack said glaring at the confused Pegasus.

“What, it was just a prank?”


“Yeah,” Mabel barged in “a prank that involved the abuse of my poor defenseless Waddels !”


As the argument took a majority of the attention of the occupants of the room Spike gave a longing sigh as his gaze went to the ground. Suddenly he felt a sudden warm presence quickly press against his cheek. A kiss, he’d been kissed, realizing this Spikes eyes lit up and turned to Rarity who was giving him a dazzling smile.

“There, now that’s more like it. After all, a lady doesn’t like to be pressured into something.”




A quiet knock was heard at the door.

“I got it.” Mabel said.

“Well hurry up.” Pinkie echoed back, “It’s almost your turn to play pin the tail on the me!”

“Alright, alright I’ll be there in a sec,” Mabel opened the door. “Hello-”

Mabel was dumbstruck, standing right in front of her were the dark King Sombra, the fake Gideon, the timberwolf, and the demented Bill Cipher.

“H-hey guys, what’s up?”

“Well kid,” Bill started. “You see, we heard you guys were havin a little shindig and we thought we might stop by and see what’s what. Now before you say no, look we even brought our own dip!” Bill pulled out a cast iron bowl brewing with the most foulest of atrocities and screams of un known terrors.

“Excuse me?!”Sombra bellowed. “I’ll have you know I was dragged here against my own accord! If I had it my way, this gathering along with the building would be smoldering pile of ash.”

“Hey who’s here Mabs?”Pinkie came trotting from behind. “Oh my gosh, more party go’ers, come on in!”

Mabel pulled Pinkie aside. “I don’t know Pinkie these guys are kiiinda sketchy.”

“Well that shouldn’t matter, especially this time of year. It’s like Smart Cookie said on the first Hearts Warming Eve, No matter what our differences, we're all ponies.”

“So, kinda like, we’re all the same on the inside?”

“Exactly!”

Mabel looked back over to the suspicious crowed and gave a heavy sigh. “Alright guys come on in.”

They all gave a hearty cheer and rushed in. All except Sombra who remained at the doorway.

“Well come on in silly.” Pinkie said, bouncing over to the dark lord.” Everypony is waiting and there’s a glass of apple cider and pie with your name on it.”

Sombra scoffed as he pushed aside the pink mare and entered the shack. Looking back to the two girls he gave a small glare. “There better be hot chocolate , if there isn’t hot co co so help me there will be tartars to pay.”

“Oh of course. “Pinkie said bouncing alongside him. “Aaaand we have the poofiest marshmallows too, oh and we have delicious candy canes that I learned you can lick into a point but you have to be real carful or else you’ll jab your tongue and that’s no fun.”



“Alright ever one and pony.” Dipper said. “Time for dinner!”

Everyone gathered in the kitchen to take their seats. Pony and person, friend and enemy, timberwolf and pig all sat together as equals laughing, joking, sharing stories, making memories. When a loud shrieking sound rang out through the house. Everyone looked at each other as the shrieking only got louder as it faded in and out, in and out, and coming to a sudden halt with a loud mechanical thud. Everyone quickly got up and rushed to the living room.

There standing in the middle of the living room was a blue police call box. Then out came a tall man , wearing a white button up shirt, slick black pants , dress shoes, a brown overcoat, and a bowtie.

“Here we are Kazran, Abigail, 18th century Fr-oh hello.”

“Doctor is something wrong?” Emerging form the phone booth was a much younger man, with a slightly older, and very lovely, blonde women.


“This is Earth isn’t it?” The Doctor asked.

The group stared wide eyed at the man, jaws dropped as they were un able to form a single word. Well, except for one pony.

“You bet your bowtie it is.” Pinkie said bouncing right up to the man. “And you just happen to be coming into the best party in the eververse! So wanna join?”

“The eververse huh?” The Doctor said, bending down to get a better look at the enthusiastic mare. “Well I think I’ll be the judge of that, well gang what do you say?” The Doctor said turning around to his companions.

“Why not?” The young women said shaking her head with a smile.
The young man smiled and nodded along, taking a few glimpses at the participants.

“Now what are we having, I hope there’s no apples I’ll have you know I absolutely can’t stand apples.”

“I beg yer parden?!”



And so it was the best Christmas in the eververse.

Author's Note:

Dear Readers.

Happy holidays my dahlings, I hope you have a fantastic season and a merry Christmas. And for the few it wasn't obvious for, this was Kinda sorta my little send off to Matt Smith as the Doctor by referencing my favorite Matt Smith episode (which I cried like crazy to). Like I said, expect chapter 11 within the break, the writing bug has bitten and it's bitten hard baby. Hugs and Kisses

Yours Truly, The Cake Devil.