• Published 26th May 2013
  • 9,593 Views, 313 Comments

Ignis Draco Nocturna - Sketch D Tail



History states that Princess Celestia banished Nightmare Moon away to the moon with the Elements of Harmony, that's true. But there was one other being present at the time who aided Celestia. A being who's magic can only be used by him and

  • ...
27
 313
 9,593

Chapter VII - Treat of a Tricky Night

Author's Note:

So I figured, it's been FAR, FAR too long since this has been updated, it's my birthday today, so I figured, fuck it. Do the chapter, please the readers. I'm sorry that this has taken too long guys and girls. I wish I could control it but unfortunately I can't, not until I finish my final exams. With that said, those are coming soon and as soon as they're finished, I'll be doing nothing but writing. And working, I need to get a job and be a lazy couch potato.

Chapter 7: The treat to a tricky night

The time has arrived. It is the night of nights for all little fillies and colts, even grown mares and stallions join in this night of festivities. It is Nightmare Night. Everypony is hustling and bustling about getting any last minute costumes or decorations even though they know it should have been done already.

At the Golden Oaks Library in Ponyville, one particular baby dragon was pacing around begrudgingly waiting for his older sister-figure, Twilight Sparkle to finish getting dressed so that he could go eat some nice lollies. Ironically, his costume was that of another dragon.

"Ugh, c'mon Twilight! We're gonna be late for the Nightmare Night festival!" He begrudgingly yelled upstairs to his unicorn friend. On cue to her calling, Twilight appeared from the top of the stairs wearing a dark blue cape and large hat that adorned stars, moons and lots of bells that jingled at any given movement with a gold necklace and blue jewel in the center and a faux grey beard.

Spike was really confused by her choice of costume for this night, asking her if she was a 'cooky old man from the retirement village'. Twilight did not like that comment. "I'm Star Swirl the Bearded." She explained, her expression bemused. Spike just stood there blankly and blinked twice.

"Father of the amniomorphic spell?" She continued. Again, Spike stood blank as a statue and blinked twice more. "Did you even read that book I gave you about obscure unicorn history?" Accused Twilight, pointing her hoof at her assistant's face.

Spike panicked, stuttered and sweated bullets struggling to find an answer without angering the unicorn. As if his prayers were answered, the door to the library was knocked three times. Saying it could be important, Spike absolutely bolted to the door, spinning Twilight like crazy and tangling her costume in the process. Opening the door, the drake was surprised out of his wits when three little fillies dressed as a Princess (from a storybook), an astronaught and a ladybug started chiming unexpectedly.

"Nightmare night, what a freight! Give us something sweet to bite!" They sang with pure cuteness and innocence accompanying them. Letting the scare go by, Spike wiped the sweat off his brow and let Twilight go to the door to answer for the fillies.

"Hi everypony, great costumes!" She greeted happily. "Happy Nightmare Night Granny Smith." She said greeting the elderly mare behind the children.

"I should have been asleep five hours ago!" She said, bordering on whining, bringing her aged face in closer to the young mare. Spike came back immeadiately with a large bowl of many assorted sweets and lollies.

Using her horn, Twilight wrapped three random sweets with a magenta aura around them, distributing one amongst each filly (cheap bitch) until a little colt squeezed his way through the small crowd. He was dressed in a black vest with a white undershirt, a red bandana atop his head, an eyepatch with a skull on it covering his right eye and he held a foam sword in his little mouth.

"Pipsqueak the Pirate at your service!" He saluted, speaking in a different accent to everypony else. "It's my very first Nightmare Night."

"Since you moved here from Trottingham?" Asked the bearded Twilight.

"Nope, my first Nightmare Night ever!" Beckoned Pipsqueak, throwing his hooves in the air for dramatic effect. But his drama was short lived when a chicken-costumed Pinkie Pie came squawking in the group. Not even joking, she was squawking like a chicken.

"Enough chit-chat, time is candy!" She yelled, her face serious for once in her happy-go-lucky life.

"Pinkie Pie, aren't you a little old for this?"

"Too old for free candy?!" Pinkie gasped, or clucked deeply at Twilight's question, as if the world had ended. "Never!" She said dark and dryly. With a roll of her eyes, Twilight levitated over a sweet to her hyperactive friend.

"I kinda agree with Pinks there Twily, there's nothing wrong with joining in this holiday without the intent of getting some sweets in the belly." Said an unmistakeable voice that belonged to a certain human, but the voice came from everywhere at once. Everypony looked around all their surroundings until they had found the human standing atop the peak of the building next door's chimney.

It was dark but even then it was noticeable to see him, his current apparel being the prime reason for that. It was certainly interesting to see but at the same time very extravagant and magnificent. It was a strange costume that consisted of a white shirt with long, puffy sleeves, some sort of a red and silver hooded, sleeveless vest, dark brown trousers, knee-high brown leather greaves, brown leather bracers, a brown cape that rested over his left shoulder with a red underside, a red sash that was covered by the strangest belt design ever. It was four leather straps attached to what seemed like a crown of leaves and an upside-down, stylised 'V'.

The human soon got off of his perch, landing as graceful as the princess and walked towards his costumed friends. "Natsu? What kind of costume is that?" Asked Twilight, clearly enthralled by the ensemble the immortal was wearing.

"Just a random one I thought of, but that doesn't matter, I'm joining in on this, so why can't Pinkie? Adults are just grown-up kids Twilight, remember that because I assume quite a few of us ain't changin' any time soon." He said pinching Twilight's nose and wiggling it like a father would to his child. "Here's a better question: why did you only give these kids only one damn candy each?!" It was a legitimate but bad question to ask the number one egghead in Equestria. It would only activate her lecture mode.

"Because Natsu by giving these fillies and colt, and Pinkie, only one piece of candy they won't have to worry about cavities. Eating a very large amount of sweets in one night, especially on a night like tonight, isn't good for neither your teeth nor one's general health. Sweets like these are filled to the brim with sugar and many other preservatives that can affect your teeth. By getting cavities in your teeth from candy, there is a very high chance of-"

Having had enough with a pointless lecture, Natsu opened his mouth and yelled, "NEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDD!!!!!!"

"Well that's just plain rude!" Barked the unicorn angrily

"I don't care! You've really gotta stop reading all those books Twi, even too much reading can be unhealthy for you. By the way, nice costume of Starly."

"Starly? Do you mean Star Swirl the Bearded?! You know him? What is he like?" Asked Twilight in rapid succession, literally getting right in Natsu's face.

The robed man grabbed the purple unicorn and dropped her on the ground, away from his face. "First off, calm your tits Twilight, and yes I have met Star Swirl but only a couple of times though when he was just a kid. Funny enough, I guess you could call him your ancestor by how much you two are alike." Natsu said as he began to walk off towards the center of town, the much younger pony and dragon following close by.

"Us? Alike?" Asked Twilight while not looking on the path ahead of them, relying on Spike to nudge her in case of a collision.

"Yeah. Starly loved to study, so much so that he would lock himself in his room and stay in the whole day studying, practicing his magic and creating his own genuine magic. Only bad part about that was that he also refused to eat or drink anything. Although I must say, it was impressive for him to create his own magic by himself. That boy truly deserved the title Equestria's finest Wizard. Well, finest pony wizard. He really was a nice kid, I wish I could've told him that."

"Natsu? What do you mean 'you wish you could've told him that'?"

"I only ever met him twice. The first time we hit it off like that, we instantly became friends, even with his incessant rambling."

"And the second?"

"The second time, he threw me away, calling me a traitor saying because of what happened to Luna was all my fault, he even punched me in the face (giving me a bloody nose in the process). And the thing is, he was right. It was all my fault." The blue-clad unicorn opened her mouth to ask for forgiveness but with super hearing skills, Natsu could tell what she was doing and interrupted her accordingly. "Don't apologise. I don't need it. What happened then was a millennia ago, and now Luna's been set free and have you guys as my nakama. All that matters to me now is whether or not she'll-" Natsu's uplifting words were interrupted however when somepony decided to strike thunder down above their heads.

From a critic's point of view, said somepony's costume was poorly made, stitches of sewing was shown everywhere, like it was made ten minutes prior. However, on a child's perspective, on a night like this, it was mighty alluring and scary. This pony had a black and deep purple uniform, yellow lightning bolts streaking the sides and the abdomen, finally on the face was a set of clean goggles, and the mane of this mystery pony stuck out the most with its rainbow colours. Of course, it was Rainbow Dash causing trouble.

Again.

The elderly-dressed Twilight looked up at the prismatic pegasus and gave her a mouthful about how scary and not to mention how dangerous using a thunder cloud was against them. Spike even fell on the floor gasping for air because of the coughing he received as an after affect. Still, Rainbow just shrugged it off as harmless fun, well...until she was roundhouse kicked across all of Ponyville by a certain agitated man. "That should keep her occupied for now." He said, and that was the end of that.

The rest of the night so far went off without a hitch, Applejack made plenty of bits from the fillies and colt who tried her bobbing apple stall (dressed as a scarecrow), Rarity was doing.....whatever it was she was doing, Pinkie Pie was leading all the children on a trick or treating campaign, Rainbow Dash went back to pranking others with her lightning cloud but Fluttershy was nowhere to be found however. Twilight explained that due to her incredible amount of shyness, Nightmare Night would probably give her a heart attack every twenty seconds. Admittedly, it made sense, that pony is scared of her own shadow.

Soon enough, everypony and Natsu gathered around the stage in front of the town fountain. Everypony was wearing a multitude of varying costumes: some wore masks, some wore dresses, some wore fake armour and one even wore paper bags. Ahh Derpy. Don't get it wrong, Natsu thought she was a sweet, honest pony whenever he spoke to her, she was just a bit..different to most ponies, which wasn't a bad thing.

"Welcome everypony, to the Nightmare Night festival!" Beckoned Mayor Mare, ending her words in a wicked cackle. It would have been creepy, had it not been for the less scary, more funny, clown costume she wore.

"The spooky voice would've worked better if she weren't dressed like that." Whispered an unamused dragon, eliciting a muffled giggle from the unicorn and immortal man.

I may not like this day as much as others because they don't know what really happened but now I can't give a flying shit, Luna's free. I just hope she's doing well.

While the human daydreamed of being back together with his long lost friend, Mayor Mare had given way to the podium on stage for Zecora. In the four days he had lived in Ponyville, Natsu had heard of this special Zebra. Apparently, she lived in the Everfree Forest and when Twilight had first moved in, she was ridiculed for living there and for her being a zebra. Talk about discrimination.

The human had also heard that her mane was in a Mohawk fashion, but with her mane down, covered in spiders and a black cloak on her body, she looked very impressive for a night such as this. Tonight, it was her job to tell all the fillies and colts about the story of Nigtmare Moon. Natsu had heard this story change multiple times over the millennia, each time slightly different to the last, and it didn't sound any better to his ears no matter what version he heard. It upset him that these ideas were being planted into little children's heads, but again, nopony knew the full truth of what happened except him and the princesses.

The immortal man cursed at himself mentally over and over again. No matter what he did, he couldn't get his old friend and mistress out if his head. Soon enough, he could be punching himself in the face to try and escape his thoughts. Luckily, Zecora asked for the fillies and colts (and Pinkie Pie) to follow her, deep into a part of Ponyville extremely close to the Everfree. Deciding that it could help rid him of the plaguing thoughts, Natsu, Twilight and Spike all decided to follow the children.

The journey was only a few minutes and everypony arrived to a small patch of grass that held a grand statue of Nightmare Moon, right in its center. Why something like that was built in a quaint town like Ponyville, Natsu had no idea.

"Listen close my little dears, and I'll tell you where you got your fears. A nightmare night, so dark and scary," Said Zecora in her regular rhyming rather ominously, scaring the little children in the process. Grabbing from within her garments, a hoof of glowing green dust was brought to the night's light before being blown it into the cold winds. The dust swirled magically in the air before almost imploding into the form of Nightmare Moon, flying down and straight towards everyone. "a Nightmare Moon who makes you wary." Continued the zebrican mare. "Every year, we put on a disguise, to save ourselves from her searching eyes. For Nightmare Moon wants only one thing: to gobble up ponies in one fell swing!"

Just seeing the children run away in freight made Natsu laugh, even with this silly story that's being told. He had to admit, this story he didn't mind that much. The whole “gobbling up ponies” thing was a bit over the top but it scared the kids, so he let it go.

Walking up to Zecora, the little pirate colt asked her why they had to sacrifice some their sweets if Nightmare Moon knew they were disguised. Her reply was that of the same thing she had said earlier, that Nightmare Moon would return and swallow them whole. Pinkie Pie and all the children screamed their little heads off and began dumping their sugar loads in front of the statue.

Natsu, Zecora, Spike and Twilight all smiled at the sight, but their smiles were about to be wiped from their faces. Swirling dark clouds, gusty winds, loud thunder and bright lightning rang through the sky without a shred of forewarning. The sudden weather change grabbed the attention of everyone and began to scare the children more than the story.

A moment after they arrived, the clouds parted in the center to reveal the night sky and a dot. A dot that grew by the millisecond. One dot became two, and two became three. The largest shape was a carriage as dark as the sky and pulling it were two dark grey ponies that were much different to anypony else, these ponies bearded large fangs, fluffy ears, cat-like eyes and wings that belonged to a bat while wearing dark blue armour. If Natsu was the guardian of the night, then they were the enforcers of the night. They are a mix breed of dragons and ponies through the science of magic. They are Threshals.

Threshals?! I thought they all disappeared when the war ended all those years ago. But if they're back, then that means... At a million kilometres an hour, the man's mind raced through all the memories all the times he had been with the dragon-ponies and he remembered definitely, the only person who, not even he, could command them and their wild attitudes.

"Luna." Was the only word that came out his mouth before racing to the town square, leaving his friends in his dust.

~~~~=====~~~~

By the time Natsu had reached the center of town, the carriage had already stopped in the air and its rider floated to the ground. The rider flipped its hood off and revealed the person he thought it too be. It was the lunar princess herself. For two weeks, he had been awaiting for her to arrive to say 'sorry' or 'hello' or whatever, but now that she was right in front of him, he was scared. He, the dragon slayer, the strongest being in the world, was scared. Scared of how she would think of him, if she could ever forgive him. A completely different fear from what the townsponies were experiencing.

Their fear was a fear of oppression and pony-swallowing. Fear that she was the monster she used to be. Natsu never knew until a number of days ago but Ponyville was the sight of Nightmare Moon's return last year. He could only imagine the images of that creature still fresh in their minds.

Needless to say, the first impression was terrible. Not only was Princess Luna not noticing how scared everypony was of her, she was using the Royal Canterlot Voice that only made her seem more terrifying.

Somehow, Natsu managed to scurry over to a wall and hid in the shadows to avoid eye contact. But at least he had a reason to be scared. Looking at the townsfolk, Natsu still saw them in cowering bows to the night princess. Hang on, they were moving away from her.

Not only are they being irrationally scared of Luna, their trying to avoid her, and right in front of her face! I mean, I'm doing that too but I have a reason...a stupid one though, but-Ooooohhh I wanna hit something. Thought the human within the confines of his mind as he watched upon the scene before him.

"Did you hear that everypony? Nightmare Moon is going to devour us all!!!" Yelled the chicken Pinkie, to which, every single child near her began running around like headless chooks.

"Fuck you Pinkie. Fuck you." Muttered Natsu with an unimpressed look on his face.

"What? No, dear children. Screams of delight are what your princess desires, not screams of terror." She pleaded, wanting them to understand her true intentions, only for it to be too late. Moving along, she walked to Mayor Mare presenting her hoof, wishing for it to be kissed like in the old days, only for it to be left hanging in front of the terrified pony. "What is the matter with you? Very well then. Be that way. We won't even grace thee with the royal farewell!" She said as she walked away with her nose pointing to the sky, looking and acting like somepony had called Rarity's latest design tacky.

Twilight, seeing the distress she was in, wanted and decided to go and help her mentor's long lost sister. If, a wuss of a drake didn't stop her.

"You can't do that! She's Nightmare Moon!" Begged Spike, grabbing Twilight's cloak to stop her. Twilight responded in kind by ripping the cloak from her assistant's claws, causing the young dragon to fall flat on his face.

"No she isn't, I saw the Elements of Harmony turn the Princess back to go-goo-..." Her argument with the drake was cut extremely short when she felt an extreme pressure coming from beside her and behind the young dragon. Its source was Natsu himself standing behind them, and his clothes were doing the strangest thing, they were flapping lightly in a completely nonexistent wind. It was like both of the Princesses manes but different.

But what scared her more was the fact of what appeared to be flames spouting from his own body. She had read it briefly during her years in Canterlot as a filly, but she never thought it to be true. The sheer wrath of a pony becoming visible on their bodies like flames and gravity seeming to completely dissipate around them: the killing intent.

"Spike." Said Natsu softly, but the quiet anger in his voice piercing even the bravest of hearts. "The next time I hear you say that, I'm going to be having dragon steaks for lunch tomorrow. So don't you dare call my princess that ever again. Got it?" He threatened, his eyes glowing blood red like they were pure evil.

"N-Natsu, she's walking away. Why aren't you going after her?" Asked Twilight, quickly trying to distract the enraged human.

Slowly, the glowing red eyes faded away to reveal a pair of sad black ones. "Because I'm scared Twilight. I'm scared that she won't forgive me for what I did back then." Admitted Natsu.

"Natsu, she was a different pony then. She's going to forgive you, I know it."

"I know that Twi but it was still her all the same. I betrayed the one who gave me a place to call home and friends that I call family. You've never experienced that kind of pain."

"You're right, I don't know what that's like." She admitted before gracing Natsu with a sincere smile. "But I do know what it means to be a friend. You've been friends with Princess Luna since before the Great War, and you still acknowledged her as your family even after her transformation. That's more than enough for her to forgive you, and you to forgive her."

Natsu chuckled and brushed a hand through his spiked hair. "A thousand and thirty-one years old, and yet, I'm beaten by a nineteen year old in terms of friendship problems. What is this world coming to?" He laughed quietly at the irony he was exposed to for a while before he turned to face the unicorn. "Twilight, I have a favour."

~~~~=====~~~~

To his request, Twilight followed the plan he had given her. To get Princess Luna accustomed to Ponyville through learning the customs of today while he his in the shadows, monitoring the both of them while gathering up the courage to face his old friend once more. Using her fine persuasive skills, Twilight had gotten the blue princess to agree to try and fit in to today's society. Their first lesson: speaking normally.

And Twilight knew just the pony to help them.

As the lavender unicorn and dark blue alicorn trekked towards Fluttershy's cottage, Natsu did as he said and remained in the shadows, careful not to alert the old Princess of his presence. But at the same time, careful not to be too close because knowing the Princess, his ears will be ruined in three seconds if he's nearby. Aaaaand he was right, but the yelling voice actually came from Fluttershy. It was the loudest he had ever heard her speak, she really didn't like Nightmare Night.

Natsu could hear clattering and falling objects from within the household, and could tell that it was Twilight trying to coax the canary coloured pegasus out of her home. It was a little difficult at first, but Twilight had managed to get her shy friend outside and in front of 'Nightmare Moon' as she so eloquently put it. Now that she was outside, teaching the princess how to speak normally was inevitable, Twilight even slammed the door in poor Fluttershy's face when she trie to run away. Natsu shouldn't have laughed, but he did, quietly. The scene was just too funny, but the smile disappeared when Pinkie Pie and the children came trotting up to Fluttershy's cottage.

Saying that Fluttershy's soul was taken and eaten by Nightmare Moon (when she was only in a daze from the impact of the door) and that they'd be next, the childish mare screamed and so did all the children as they ran away once again from the lunar princess.

"The day I snap, you'll be the first to go Pinkie." Cursed Natsu underneath his breath, still being hidden from sight before looking to the downed princess with saddened eyes. Seeing her this way broke his heart, Natsu never liked to see his nakama so depressed, but he could show his face to her, not right now anyway...

~~~~=====~~~~

Lesson two: having fun. As the unicorn and alicorn walked the streets of Ponyville, more ponies who saw them, or specifically Luna, ran away and screamed in fear.

"It is no use Twilight Sparkle. They have never liked Us, and they never shall." Said the Princess, her attitude turning to pessimism. Twilight went on undeterred though.

"My friend Applejack is one of the most likeable ponies around. I'm sure she'll have some ideas on how for you to fit in Princess." As if on cue, they met the farmer mare, dressed as a scarecrow, catch little Pipsqueak after nearly falling into the apple bobbing bucket.

"Watch yerself there partner." She said to the colt. As she turned around, she saw the princess and immediately began following the townsponies' example.

"Uhh...Applejack, the Princess is looking for a little advice on how to fit in around here." Twilight said, crouching next to her friend.

Applejack's eyes suddenly opened with a confused look about them. "Fit in? Really?" She asked, dumbfounded at her friend's statement. Not missing a beat, Twilight gave an annoyed growl at her. "Ah mean...that's easy! All ya gotta do is have th' right attitude. Loosen up, be positive, play a few games and have some fun."

Now it was the princess' turn to be confused. "Fun? What is this 'fun' you speak of?" She asked, but was given no reply, only being pushed towards a pony on the ground with what looked liked a giant spider's web with prop spiders set up behind her. "Pray tell, what purpose do these serve?" The princess asked observing the strange stall.

"Th-th-throw the s-sp-spiders onto the w-web." Stuttered the scared mare, pointing her hoof at the web away from her.

"You can do it Princess!" Called Applejack from behind her. Luna looked to the web target, spider in hoof. She aimed it with an eagle's eye and got the bullseye. Twilight and Applejack cheered for her, it felt..good.

"Ha! Your Princess enjoys this 'fun'. In what other ways may we experience it?" She asked, and right down the road was a stall that had pumpkin catapults as its attraction, or pump-tapults (kill me now. /)_-). Once more, she readied her weapon, and hit her mark with great accuracy. "Haha! The fun has been doubled!" She yelled, raising a triumphant hoof. Now everypony was cheering for her, they were no longer afraid of the Princess of the night.

Everything was going great, nopony feared her and with her words, they all even agreed on calling her 'Luna' and not 'Princess'. She asked Applejack to lead to the 'bobbing of apples' as she put it. When they arrived at the farmer's stall, they saw a colt fall into the bucket. Seeing this, Luna sprang to action and fished Pipsqueak out of the bucket. That's where things went as sour as a combination of off milk and lemons. Scratch that, even worse.

"Hey gals, has anypony seen Pip? We lost him the last time ww had to run-" Pinkie Pie didn't finish her sentence as she saw her friend's shirt being in Luna's mouth. "Ahh! Nightmare Moon is gobbling Pipsqueak! Everypony run!"

"Help! My backside has been gobbled!" Cried Pisqueak as he ran away from the mare who saved him.

"'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!" She yelled, furious at the accusation. A bolt lightning sparked and thunder rolled in the air out of nowhere, as if caused by her rage. All that was once happiness, turned to fear again as the villagers started backing away from the angry princess. "Fair villagers, do not back away. Let us partake in this fun...together." She pleaded, quickly grabbing another prop spider from next to her. She tossed it, only for it to not impress anypony. It was the last straw. "Not enough fun for you? Well what's say you to this?!" Luna yelled as she turned all the prop spiders, into malicious, real spiders.

"Ahh shit, she always did have anger issues. You were going so well Luna, why'd you fuck it up?" Natsu asked as a spider crawled past his feet. He needn't not look to tell what had happened.

"Haha! The fun has been doubled!" Princess Lun yelled, her smile twisting into a manical one with twitchy eyes. "Do not run away! As your Princess, we command you!" She ordered to all the Ponyvillians, only to be completely ignored in the chaos she created. "BE STILL!!" Her voice boomed thanks to the Royal Canterlot Voice, all movement ceased and everypony stared terrified eyes into the blue alicorn.

Twilight tried to calm the angered alicorn but she quickly dismissed her. She had had enough.

"If nopony will love us, then we hereby proclaim Nightmare Night to be over. Forever!" She beckoned before flying away. All the fillies and colts were crestfallen. Nightmare Night, over? Forever? Not if Twilight motherfucking Sparkle had anything to do with it!

~~~~=====~~~~

"Princess Luna?" Asked Twilight worriedly as she approached the down alicorn.

"Leave me be Twilight Sparkle." She pleaded, just wanting to be left alone. Like she was for a thousand years, but Twilight going to let her be like that again.

"Princess, I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out the way we wanted it to be. But, you have to believe me when I say that Nightmare Night is one of the best festivals we have all year." She reasoned.

"Yes, I can tell. By the way they all scream in fear as they run away." Luna said sarcastically, with rolling eyes.

Twilight was about to protest but felt something on her shoulder, a hand. She looked up and saw the one human in the world. If now was any good a time to show himself, now was the time. He nodded at her and realised it was time.

"Princess, there's somepony that wants to speak to you." Twilight said softly.

"Oh, and who in their sane minds would want to talk to us? In everypony's eyes, we are still Nightmare Moon. A monster. So who would ever want to talk to a monster like us?" Luna barked back, not bothering to turn her head away from the foreboding statue in front of her. Until a familiar voice reached her ears.

"An even bigger monster called your nakama. That's who." It spoke. As she turned around, she saw a tall person with an entriqute clothing design and a hood, but she didn't have to see his face to know who it was. The hood was removed, and she saw the one person she had been searching for all year. "Hello my Lady." Natsu said with a soft and gentle smile.

"Natsu." Was all she could say, before running up to him and hugging him so hard with tears staining her cheeks. "I've missed you so much, I thought I'd lost you forever." She said sobbing, her emotions running wild.

Natsu ran his hand through her mane, gently comforting her. "Me too Luna, me too. But I'm here, I'm back and I'm never going to leave you again."

"Yeah." She finally rose her head and looked her friend in the eyes, albeit with more tears coming out. "Welcome home."

"I'm the one who should be saying that to you, ya idiot."

"Natsu, I am so sorry for all that happened. I'm sorry I lost control of myself and became that...monster. Would you, at all, be willing to let me be a part of Fairy Tail again?"

Natsu looked shocked at the question. "Why would I do that, when you never left in the first place? You'd need the master's permission to leave." He stood up and removed the top part of his clothing to show his guild mark. "You're Luna of Fairy Tail, this is where you belong."

Tears began anew as Luna realised the meaning of his words. "Thank you." She said quietly.

"So uhh...hate to be a downer but uhh...can you, you know, undo the seal?" Natsu asked embarrassed.

"Oh yes! Of course brother, just stand still for a moment." As Luna charged her beam, small arcane circles appeared one after another until they touched the man and a bright red light expanded outwards from his body. Slowly, the light faded and seemed to go into his body instead of dispersing. It didn't matter to him though.

"Salamander's back baby." He said clenching a fist into the sky.

"Um..excuse me?" Said Twilight, making the two friends remember she was there too. "It's great and all that you've finally reunited but we still have the problem of getting the princess to be accepted by everypony."

Natsu just smirked. "Well, let's see what the number one reason for that has to say." He said.

~~~~=====~~~~

When you are trying to catch somepony without being noticed, the only way to do that is to be extremely quiet and know exactly what the pony you're targeting falls for. So, it was real easy for Natsu and Twilight to apprehend the impossible pony with simple sweets.

"No. No shrieking, no screaming and no squealing. Okay?" Said Natsu as he covered the pink mares mouth with his hands, silencing her. Well, mostly, as she muffled an 'okay' back to him.

Slowly, Natsu removed his hands from her mouth and moved away for her to see the Princess of the night. Surprisingly, she kept true to her word, almost. She almost screamed but quickly covered her own mouth. Luna moved closer to the chicken mare and offered to make peace, but some idiot, rainbow mare decided to strike lightning behind her and make her appear so much more threatening. Pinkie Pie once more began to run away with a Twilight giving chase to her while Natsu roundhouse kicked Rainbow to Canterlot this time.

Once the red left his vision, Natsu saw Twilight trying to stop Pinkie Pie by standing atop of her and saying the Princess wasn't evil and definitely not going gobble her up.

"Well duh!" Pinkie said, confusing all three of them. "Geez Twilight, she's as big as I am. How would she be able to eat me?"

"Then why were you running around, away from her and making her seem like the bad guy?! Do you how much that hurt both her and me?!" Yelled Natsu, angered by her stupid actions.

"Sometimes it's fun to be scared." She said, oblivious to the pain she caused.

"Fun?" Natsu asked before pausing to think. A lightbulb went off in his head at that moment. "Pinkie Pie, you're a genius!"

"No I'm not, I'm a chicken." She said before squawking.

"Luna, Twilight, I have a plan. Are you prepared for the biggest scare prank in Equestrian history?" He said with a sick smile. Luna knew this smile all too well, it was his 'I have a plan and it's going to be fucking great for me' smile. Whatever he had planned, it was going to be big on a night like this.

~~~~=====~~~~

Everypony had continued with the official holiday as if the whole 'Luna's return' incident never happened. The stalls were attended to and greeted with customers, Mayor Mare was enjoying her day off, and fillies and colts gathered more and more sweets for their stashes. Nopony even bothered to see what had happened to those who gave chase to the distressed princess. Nopony bothered, until a figure walked out of the Everfree forest.

A tall figure, wearing red, black and white. Its chest region was covered dominantly by black leather armour, but was patterned with red pieces of metal that formed the shape of bat wings on the shoulders, its arms were covered by white, metal gauntlets that ended with black gloves, the legs were similar. And it's face looked intimidating, no, it looked angry. Very angry.

"Natsu, what're you doin' partner?" Said the scarecrow-dressed farmer, not phased at all by the look of the newcomer, thinking it was their friend as she got closer to it.

But she was wrong.

"Natsu? Do you mean this piece of trash?" It said, raising the very familiar body of a certain human before throwing it face first into the ground like it was trash.

"Natsu!!" She yelled, quickly checking the body, the civilian crowd gathering like wildfire. AJ was no nurse, but she knew what she saw was fatal. Blood was everywhere, and no pulse was found on any spot of his body, not even the faintest sign of life. Natsu was dead. "Who-who are you?" Asked Applejack, her eyes brimming with tears and fear.

"You don't know me?!" It asked, feigning shock before laughing evilly. The evil laugh was further made scary by the biped's head doing a sudden, full, three-sixty turn. Like it was some kind of demon. "I'm Psycho Red." He said, his voice dripping with venom and evil joy.

"Run! Run away, it's a monster!" Hollered a bystander at the top of her lungs, the effect was immediate, the crowd separated and scattered around like headless chickens in seconds. Well, they would have, if not for another disturbance.

"Why run? We're having so much fun playing with you." Cooed a warped female voice that everypony in Equestria knew.

"Nightmare Moon!!" Screamed Pinkie Pie with sheer fear, no joking around.

Everypony was surrounded. There was no way out, not without having to face off against one of Equestria's greatest enemies and a being that could defeat the Salamander. Both villains began to laugh which began to unnerve the citizens, until the laughing that was heard wasn't out of craziness or malice, but out of plain joy, as if a prank had been played. The fact they soon were rolling on their bellies from the pain of laughter made it confusing for the ponies.

"Oh my god. That, was the most fun I've had in centuries!" Said 'Psycho Red' in a voice all of Ponyville recognised.

"We know what you are talking about brother, that was definitely fun." Said lunar nightmare in a single, young voice before her body was covered by light and reverted to the dark blue alicorn. "We haven't done something like that since we covered the nobleponies in eggs from our balcony a thousand years ago.

"Princess Luna? Then that means.." Seemingly to flick its digits behind Psycho Red's head, a couple of soft 'clicks' were heard and slowly, his head came off and revealed pink hair, fair skin and the hugest fucking grin one could wear.

"Heeeeeeeeeyy." Said Natsu teasingly and happily, savouring every moment of the shocked expressions while he placed the intimidating helmet by his side. The ponies looked back and forth between the man in front of them and the corpse on the ground that...has vanished. "You guys all just got pranked, big time!" One by one, each of the shocked expressions turned into embarrassed and angered ones. This did not go unnoticed by the dragon slayer. "Now, before you chase us out of Ponyville, remember that tonight is the night for pranking and I always take things overboard."

Nopony could deny that recklessness was definitely a defining flaw in Natsu's character. It took a little convincing from all of them, as well as an apology, but after about twenty minutes, the town forgave their actions and treated it as the most evil prank in Ponyville history. But before everypony went their seperate ways, he asked them one thing; to make a bonfire. Everypony was confused but did as they were asked, any spare wood for fireplaces and from the local wood deposit were transported to the center of town. All it took was one spark from Princess Luna and the bonfire light up like a beacon. 'Oohs' and 'ahhs' echoed through the crowd.

"Everypony, you're in for a real treat tonight. So sit back and stay calm, I promise, everything will be alright." Natsu exclaimed to the townspeople before looking to his new nakama. "Twilight, everyone, I need you to trust me on this. Don't put the fire out no matter what." He said calmly.

"Natsu?" Twilight inquired, wondering why he asked them to trust him. They soon found out when we walked away from them, and into the fire with his arms out as if he was embracing the flames. "Natsu, no!" She screamed, desperate for him to change his mind and come back.

"Be still Twilight Sparkle and friends. You too Ponyvillians." Luna said calmly, not phased by the event.

"Why are you perfectly calm at this?! Natsu just jumped into a bonfire and killed himself, and yet you don't even call out his name. What's wrong with you?!" Rainbow exclaimed, getting right into the Princess' face.

Luna was also unphased by this. "There is nothing wrong with us Rainbow Dash, because Natsu is just fine."

"How is he fine?! He's burnin' t' death!" Applejack yelled as she carried a bucket of water.

"If you do not believe in us, then tell us, do you hear him in pain or asking for help?" Luna's question went through all of their heads. They heard not a sound except the crackling of fire. "We believe in Natsu with all of our heart, something as simple as fire would never stop him. And if you don't believe in him with all of your heart, can you truly call yourselves his nakama?"

"Little bit harsh, don't you think Lulu? Couldn't you have said that a little bit nicer?" Asked a voice from within the fire. Natsu's voice.

"'Tis the truth brother, trust is the most important aspect of friendship." She said back to the flames, after a few seconds the same man came out of the bonfire, unscathed.

"Oi oi, I never said I didn't agree with you. Trust is the most important part to being a friend. However, the fact that I can trust them with my life is more than enough to call them my nakama." He said smiling like nothing happened.

"You...you just.." Stuttered almost everypony in the vicinity.

"How. The. BUCK are you still alive?! You just walked into bucking fire and came out like it was nothing, you don't even have a single burn on your clothes!! It's physically and scientifically impossible, fire burns everything in sight and yet you aren't even singed!! What the buck just happened and what the buck did you do?!" Screamed a very confused and agitated lavender mare, not even remotely remembering who's presence she was in.

"Miss Twilight, language. You're in the presence of children." Said Natsu, feigning shock at her behaviour when in reality, he just wanted to laugh. Twilight blushed at this but Natsu took pity on her and decided to explain. "I'm okay because that's the advantage of being the fire dragon slayer. Fire is competely harmless to me, and I can also do this." Breathing in deeply, it seemed like the man was trying to gather more and more air, but was replaced with flames that filled his belly. The ponies couldn't believe it, he was eating fire! "Oh man, it's been millennia since I've had a decent meal like that!"

And so, Natsu explained all the fundamentals of Dragon Slayer magic to the elements of harmony, all to the smallest detail just for Twilight's sake. She had managed to fill fourteen whole pages worth of notes just from the small teaching. Luna said that she had fun learning, just like Star Swirl back in the glory days. But even the strongest can get tired, and Natsu was such. Managing to flee from Twilight's incessant learning of new things, Luna brought her old friend to the local lake where they sat side by side in silence under a tree.

"Natsu?"

"Yes Luna?" He looked to his companion, cocking an eyebrow.

"Th-the Grand Galloping Gala is coming up next year and our sister is forcing us to join in the festivities. But we cannot, we-I am scared. I'm scared of what all the nobleponies will think of me after all these years."

"You want me to come to the Gala with you." Said Natsu, cutting straight through her intentions like a hot blade. The princess just laid her eyes on the grass floor, her cheeks beginning to tinge a light pink.

"Yes." She admitted.

Natsu sighed and looked out unto the shimmering lake. "There are two things I hate with a passion: nobles and formal events. What you're asking me is to go to a formal event filled with nobles for you, correct? I'm not your guardian anymore Luna, I can't dare to call myself that." Natsu spoke the truth, ever since the incident as he preferred to call it, he never trusted noblility except for Fancy Pants and Fleur De Lis, and he was never one for formalities of formal events for as long as he could remember. "But I will always be your friend and I will always come to your call if you need help. I'll come to the Gala for you, Luna." He said with soft conviction in his voice, serious but kind. And it was this kindness of his that the human was given a reward.

It came in the form of two lips being locked on his own.

"I've missed you so Natsu."

"Y-yeah sure, no problem." And like that, with a flash, the Lunar Princess disappeared, teleporting back to her room in Canterlot Castle and leaving a very confused human to question what had just occurred. "Did...that just...happen?" He asked looking to the four mares that were hiding behind him in a bush, each one of them blushing and nodding their heads in confirmation with wide eyes. "I'm gonna need a drink." Natsu said, making his way towards the local tavern.

On that night, Princess Luna of Equestria, raiser of the moon and Natsu Dragneel, the strongest warrior of Equestria both got drunk off their tits in embarrassment. But the following days however, changed a great deal of many for them and their elder sibling.

"Luna? Where are you Lulu?" Hollered Celestia as she searched for her younger sister in the castle halls. Her searching ended when she had reached the sleeping chambers and saw not her, but a sheet of paper resting on one of the twenty pillows rested on the bed. Picking it up with her magic, she read the short message that was left on it.

"I'm taking Luna with me to Venice for a few weeks. Arrevederci Celly!
- Natsu Dragneel"

Slowly, keeping a straight smile on her face, Celestia walked towards her sister's balcony to the outside world and took a deep breath.

"Natsu, you son of a BITCH!!!" She screamed in her royal Canterlot voice, something she never used except for when she was extremely miffed.

"You hear that?" Asked an excited Luna.

"Nnnope." Said the ill man as he sat in the seat of the train, embarking towards Itaily. The train to his destination lasts for eight hours, it was going to be a long trip.