• Published 26th May 2013
  • 9,597 Views, 313 Comments

Ignis Draco Nocturna - Sketch D Tail



History states that Princess Celestia banished Nightmare Moon away to the moon with the Elements of Harmony, that's true. But there was one other being present at the time who aided Celestia. A being who's magic can only be used by him and

  • ...
27
 313
 9,597

Chapter VI - Running Bonds

Chapter VI: Running Bonds

It was the day after the man's lunch with his royal friend. The day after he had met that failed excuse of a prince and a stallion, and the day after he had made his three new friends from Canterlot. The day couldn't be anymore perfect.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" Screamed seven collective voices, six belonging to two pegasi, two unicorn and two earth pony mares and the last one to a six foot tall human. All of which were running away from a cave with a pack of more than thirty manticores hot on their tails.

Well it was perfect until this happened.

-------Half an hour earlier---------

It was a nice day out in the Ponyville fields. Nopony was around, the sun was shining and there was a cool breeze. Perfect day for a picnic. A picnic that six mares, and one Dragon Slayer wizard were currently enjoying. Natsu got the drinks (and tea, just for Rarity), Fluttershy brought a blanket large enough for all of them to sit on, Rarity brought cucumber sandwiches, Applejack brought apple pie and apple fritters, Pinkie brought an assortment of cupcakes and Twilight brought..... books. Honestly, who reads a book at a picnic with your friends? Apparently Twilight.

"Where's the closest dragon den Twilight?" Asked Natsu abruptly, causing the effect of the Element holders to simultaneously spit out all the fluids they were drinking.

"W-W-WHAT?!" She yelled as best she could, still choking on her tea.

"There's something I need to ask that only a dragon can answer."

"But why a dragon of all things?" Whined a distressed Rarity, using a napkin to wipe her mouth through her magic.

"That's private. Please understand when I say that I don't want any of you involved."

"You're not gonna go kill it are ya? I'm still cautious of you, ya know Salamander? Even if you are family to the Princess." Glared Rainbow Dash hardly, which only lasted a moment until the dragon slayer karate chopped her on the head, the fact she was clutching her head in pain made it evident that it hurt a lot.

"Baka. I may be a Dragon Slayer wizard but I'm never going to slay a dragon." He said with no attitude whatsoever, he was just calm and cool.

"I have no idea what you said just then, but it sounded like an insult."

"That's because it was, baaaaaka." He repeated, sticking his tongue out like an immature child.

It was enough, however, for Rainbow Dash to be pushed over her limits. She jumped on the wizard and began to bite him, kick him, flick him with her tail etc. but Rainbow Dash wasn't met without resistance either. The ever-living Salamander began to retaliate against his assailant by throwing his own punches and kicks. They, honest to Celestia, looked like little foals fighting on a schoolyard. Having had enough with the meaningless debacle, Twilight wrapped Natsu and Dash in a lavender glow and forcefully separated the two. When pulled apart, they still tried to reach other so that they could continue, but Twilight only pulled the two apart further. That did not stop the two, however, from glaring red hot daggers at each other.

Twilight sighed and continued drinking her tea. "The closest dragon den is deep into the Everfree Forest, a fair ways away from our friend Zecora's hut." She said. "We'll lead the way to it."

Twilight's tone was completely nonchalant, but to her friends, she was talking like a madpony. Everyone looked at her for a split second before yelling their lungs out with one word.

"WHAT?!"

With a fire in his eyes, Natsu spoke to Twilight, completely forgetting his fight with Rainbow Dash. "No way, you're not doing that. I'm not going to allow it."

"And why not? You don't know where the cave is, your only option is to take us with you."

"No, you're not coming with me!" Said Natsu angrily, standing up tall in attempt to intimidate the mare out of the preposterous idea.

"Yes we are, we're the Elements of Harmony! We can handle anything!"

"Not a dragon, they're way out of your league. Even Celestia, Luna and I would have a hard time because of their bodies, strength and massive numbers. You could very well die." Turning away from his friends, Natsu did not want them to see his wrathful expression.

"We want to help you Natsu! Why won't you let us come?"

"BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANYMORE OF MY FRIENDS DIE BECAUSE OF ME!!!" Roared Natsu, using one of the few things he hadn't used since a thousand years ago. The Royal Canterlot Voice.

His voice reaching levels that weren't physically possible for the lungs of a body, human or pony. The very earth shaking under the pressure of his voice, reaching to the trees metres away from them, their leaves falling out like wildfire and scattering into the winds like ash. Reaching into his shirt once again, Natsu brought out an old book, most likely the same one from before at the welcoming party. Throwing it at Twilight's face, it hit her with slight pain and fell open into her own book.

Upon looking at the pages, they weren't written with journal entries or a story, they were filled with names and pictures of faces, the majority belonging to stallions. Each page had a different face and name with details about family and friends. But with every name, came a rank. Every one of those ponies in that book was a soldier.

"Private Iron Sword, Private First Class Swift Wing, Lieutenant Speed Havoc, Lieutenant Rosa Hawkeye, Lieutenant Colonel Hays Hughes, Colonel Flame Mustang, Major Hoofstrong, General Silver Shadow and over 500 more names are listed in this book. All of them were my friends, allies and comrades-in-arms who died in the war." He said. His tone still laced with anger towards the mares but the remorseful nostalgia was undeniable. His macho appearance gave into his emotions. Natsu's knees buckled under the pressure and he was struggling not to cry once more in front of them, his hands clenched into fists that were shaking uncontrollably. "Please don't make this list any bigger than it already is." He spoke softly, barely audible and in the form of a plea.

"We're sorry Natsu. We didn't know you-"

"It's okay. You needed to know anyway. You've also reminded me of another thing I need to do."

"What would that be?"

"Pay my respects to my old friends." He said, regaining that smile he always wore.

"Well, shall we go pay our respects to them while we are out?"

"Nah, we'll do it later."

"Why not now?" asked Applejack, raising an eyebrow.

"Because the anniversary of the end of the war is the day after Nightmare Night. We'll go then, that is, if you want to join me?"

"Of course, we're friends aren't we?" Pinkie asked, grinning from ear to ear. Natsu was amazed, just the other day he said the exact same words to a certain waitress with the exact same amount of kindness in them. He could not help but chuckle at how these girls can be so understanding and thoughtful to an old, foolish warrior like him.

"Yeah. Alright, you six can come with me on one condition: you stay away from the cave and hide in any nearby bushes, just in case things turn ugly. If I say run; you run. Run as fast as you can and leave me behind. No questions." He explained with a stone cold face, showing how serious he was about not wanting to put his nakama in danger. After a few exchanged glances of uncertainty, the mares reluctantly nodded to his agreement.

----

It had been no longer than ten minutes since Salamander and the Element bearers had entered the Everfree Forest and everyone was on edge about being there. Rainbow Dash's and Applejack's brave facades even began to betray them. The only one who remained unfazed by the deadliness of the forest, was Natsu. Naturally, everypony noticed and were confused.

"How in the hay can you be so calm in here? This is the Everfree Forset for pony sake!" Whined Rainbow Dash. Not even bothering to to look at the prismatic pegasus, Natsu trudged onwards through the forest.

"All I'll say is that once you have seen war like I have, you'll see something like this forest comparable to a cute kitten. If this place is a nightmare to you all, then a war is an unimaginable hell. You haven't seen what these eyes have." He said remorsefully. His words silencing everypony in respect for not wanting to push any further on the subject.

"N-Natsu?" Stammered a scared Fluttershy.

"Yeah? What's wrong Fluttershy?"

"Did..did you ever kill anypony in the war?" Everyone's eyes widen and instantly stop walking at the question. They all knew that Natsu was part of the war, but none of the mares had even thought to ask the one question that should at least be asked once. Did he do the deed? Did he kill? "Oh, I'm sorry! I spoke out of place, I was just curious. Please forgive me!"

"It's okay." Taking a heavy sigh, Natsu looked to the sky before he answered. "Whenever I fight, I have this one iron rule: fight to win, not to kill. So no, I never killed anyone during the war." He said looking back down to Fluttershy with a small smile. His words bringing great relief to the girls, especially Fluttershy as she hated death and fighting more than anypony in the world. I may have not killed anyone, but it doesn't escape the fact that I'm responsible for all their deaths. I cannot escape these scars. thought Natsu, his expression quickly saddening as he continued to walk. He didn't go unnoticed though, Applejack saw to that herself as she watched him go from happy to sad in seconds.

You must think that y'all are still responsible for what happened then, don't ya? It's not you're fault Natsu, everypony lives an' everypony dies. An' besides, that was then, this is now. Don't y'all think it's time to stop living in the past and move on? Ah know how you feel and what you're goin' through more than anypony here, ain't that right Ma an' Pa? She mused.

----

"Alright, there's the cave. Now you guys stay here, got it?"

"Nah way! I'm comin' on in to best some dragon butt!" Hollered the anxious cyan pegasus, her hard head completely forgetting any traes of the promise she had made no less than fifteen minutes ago. The deathly glares she got from her friends, and especially from Natsu caused her to shrink in her place. "Uh, I mean....sure. We'll wait here."

As the human entered the cave, he began to mentally curse himself because of the darkness. I can't see a damn thing, even with my dragon eyes! he screamed internally. But, he had an idea. Quickly patting himself down, he looked for something that he remembered having for a year or two hidden away. Aha! I knew I had match somewhere in my belt.

Lighting that match was the biggest mistake of his life. While the match provided a small source of light, it allowed Natsu to see just what exactly was in the cave.

Manticores. Lots and lots of manticores. Counting them up individually, Natsu counted up some serious double digits, 32 of them to be precise. Now, while Natsu loved to fight and manticores were easy pickings for him, even him, the immortal Salamander was not invincible. And with more than thirty manticores, that was enough to take him down.

Turning around quietly, Natsu tiptoed to the mouth of the cave. However, a ‘friend’ was waiting for that. The moment Natsu's face turned to the entrance, his solid obsidian eyes met with the slitted ones of an angry, growling and awake manticore. Chuckling nervously, Natsu did the only thing any human, Fairy Tail wizard, or he would do:

He punched the manticore out of his way and ran the fuck outta there.

Meanwhile, outside of the cave, Twilight and her friends were waiting patiently for their human companion. He had been gone for nearly ten minutes and everypony (Rainbow Dash) was getting restless. So much so, Applejack had to bite down on her tail constantly to stop her from dashing into the cave and threaten the 'dragon'. Or Natsu. It wasn't until they saw the man in question running towards them at break-neck speeds with a really worried look on his face that a more important question was pressed. What happened?

"Natsu?" They all asked in unison as he came running closer.

"Notadragonnotadragonnotadragonnotadragon!!!!!" Blurted out Natsu as he sped past them, not showing any signs of slowing down. Confused, each mare cocked their heads back towards the mouth of the cave, only to see the large pack of manticores coming out in rapid succession.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" They all screamed as they ran, full speed ahead.

"WHAT THE BUCK DID YOU DO?!" Raged Rainbow Dash, hitting the immortal human on the crown of his head as she flew, dodging easily all the trees that were in her way.

"NOTHING! I was on my way out but one of them woke up and got in my way!"

"Well hurry and beat them up already! You're a dragon slayer for Pete sake!"

"Even the strongest warrior can be taken down with a large enough army Rainbow. One manticore has a quarter of the strength of a fully grown dragon, so when you do the math, we have the equivalent of EIGHT dragons hot on our asses. Even I can't beat that many of them!" Argued Natsu. He was right, back at the Grand Magic Games, all seven dragon slayers were present and fighting, taking a dragon each and yet, not one dragon was defeated. The bitter taste in his mouth from that day still remained. This isn't good, without my magic I can't do jack to help these girls. All I have on me is my clothes, my book and my last flash bomb... he thought. But then it hit him, actually Natsu hit himself. Five times in the face. "Idiot! I'm such an idiot!" He yelled, smiling all the while.

"Already established that Natsu!" Braked an already angry Rainbow Dash.

"Girls, I have a plan! Twilight, when I say 'now', you teleport us three clicks to our west. I'm going to need you to be fast about it, can you do it?"

"Of course, I'm Celestia's star pupil! But a quick question: what's a 'click'?"

"Oh for God's sake, kilometres! Three kilometres to our west! Everypony, get ready." Reaching into the confines of his clothing, Natsu pulled out what looked like a metallic ball with a pin strapped to the top. Ripping the pin away from the ball, the pink haired human pitched the ball away a number of metres before he yelled to Twilight. "Now!" He screamed. And in a brilliant flash of magenta light, the team of seven were gone, leaving the wild animals confused with a small, iron ball in front of them. A faint tick, tick noise could be heard emanating from the ball.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Ding.

Suddenly, the iron ball exploded, releasing the brightest light imaginable, instantly blinding the feral creatures. The pained roars of the half-lions echoed throughout the Everfree, shaking trees and the ground from its magnitude.

At the same time on another area of the forest, Twilight, AJ, Rainbow, Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy and Natsu all reappeared safe and sound. However, due to the teleportation, all of them were still trapped in running motion even after the spell had disappeared. All of them did stop, just with the help of a few trees. Everyone stopped dead in their tracks, arms, legs and wings all flung forwards past the trees. In a very comical fashion, each pony and person peeled off the wooden poles and fell to the ground below, leaving large indents of the face of the trees, each one having a different expression plastered on it.

It was painful, but Natsu began to laugh, and laugh until his lungs burst. Slowly, everypony just looked at him with befuddled looks and red faces, except for Pinkie Pie who was also laughing with him. It was Applejack who soon voiced up her opinion.

"Now what's so darn funny huh? We could've died back there thanks to that little stunt you pulled." She said with a snarky tone, but Natsu still laughed.

"I'm sorry, but I haven't had that much fun in centuries, not since I arrived in Equestria, a thousand and eight years ago." Looking up into the heavily guarded sky, a small but extremely warm smile arrived on his lips. "You girls are the best." He said.

Giving off a small sigh, Natsu decided that it would be best to retire for the day and get some rest, that the search for the dragon can wait for another day. Not even bothering to argue, the harmonious mares began trudging their way out of the forest with a slight spring in their steps and the human following close behind. However, he was truly unaware of the blue flower that had wedged itself behind the scarf and his neck.

-----The next morning-----

It was a bright, early summer morning in Ponyville once again. However, the Sparkle household was expieriencing some...difficulties. Being the early riser that she is, Twilight woke up to go downstairs and begin studying once more. But when she did get down to the lower level, Natsu was nowhere to be found. He wasn't in his little lounge-bed, so the unicorn assumed he might be having a shower again, but there was no water running, there was no noise at all.

Getting very worried at this moment, Twilight decided to look around the house. When she came to the bathroom, she was greeted with the strangest sight: the door was locked and in front of her was a piece of paper simply saying ‘Do not come in, or you're dead!’.

Yep, Natsu was in there. Only he would say something like that.

This warning sign both confused and intrigued the lavender unicorn, thinking it may be something important concerning the health of the human, she hurriedly ran to her friends' places and called them to follow her back to her house immediately.

"Natsu, darling, are you okay in there?" Asked Rarity, still wearing her personal bathrobe. No response.

"C'mon buddy, there's no need to hide yourself in that there bathroom." Comforted Applejack.

"Yes there is!" Came a scream the other side. Now that was something confusing, the tone definitely belonged to Natsu, but the actual pitch of the voice was much higher.

"Natsu, come outside so we can talk. Please, we can help you." Begged Fluttershy, who was growing concerned more and more with each passing minute. A few moments of silence passed

"Promise you won't laugh at me?" Whispered the high voice, sounding remarkably similar to Fluttershy's own voice.

"We promise." They all said together.

From behind the door sounded a small 'click', signifying that the door was finally unlocked. Slowly and slowly, the door parted away from the wall, creaking loudly. As soon as the door was fully open, the mares saw a completely different Natsu. His hair was longer, his face, arms, hands, legs and feet were much more slender and smooth, his hips were more curved and the most definitive change was two large orbs that had expanded on the chest region. Natsu had become a girl.

Each mare was positively stunned with slack jaws, all except one. A certain blue mare began laughing her heart out.

"What in the name of Jiminy Cricket?! What happened to ya Natsu?"

"Poison Joke." He-she whispered, not heard at all by the overcast of Rainbow's laughing. Applejack asked what he had said again but was still drowned out by the incessant laughing. It got very annoying, very quickly. All to the point where the cowmare and man-turned-woman had implanted a hoof and foot each into the abnoxious pegasus' rectum screaming "SHUT UP!" at the top of their lungs.

Finally, now that quietness had been archived in the household, the female Natsu began to explain how during their escapade into the Everfree the day before, a small poison joke flower had hidden itself in between his neck and clothing. It was amazing how he couldn't feel the flower at all during the night, one would imagine having a flower on your neck while sleeping would be uncomfortable. After the explaining had been said and done, the alabaster mare literally dragged the human to the one place one would expect a lady her to go to. The spa.

Natsu had asked her why they were all at a spa when he needed help. Originally, he thought that Rarity came to the spa just so she can please herself, but the fact that she said an antidote to the prankster blue flower was of use in the spa's vicinity made Natsu think otherwise. Almost like lightning, both the human and the white unicorn raced into the spa and asked the mare at the counter, who's name was Aloe, to get as bath ready with the P.J.A (poison joke antidote). In no less than five minutes, a large spa bath was filled and ready for use.

"Well, go ahead Natsu."

"Alright but can you girls close your eyes first?" She asked. Blank stares were his response from her friends, confused as to why she'd ask this. "Look, you ponies may be naked most of the time but us humans have to be clothed at all times otherwise it's indecent."

"Alright, if y'all say so. Just hurry it up alright?" Said the country mare who closed her eyes shut, as did everypony else. Without having to be told twice, Natsu began to remove her clothing quickly and efficiently. When it came to the scarf however, she just moved it from the neck up the the head and wore it like a bandana. The bath itself was beautiful, the temperature felt just right to warm him up but not too much. After a few minutes, the poison joke's effects had completely washed away (pun intended) and Natsu had his normal, male body back. Just as a precaution, he felt around his groin to see if those bits had returned as well, luckily they were.

"That's much better." He sighed happily, wrapping a towel around his waist, but his statement was met with silence. Looking to everypony else, he saw that they were all ogling at his finely toned body, even Rainbow. Everything from his strong legs to his pectorals to his biceps to his scars, all of it was eye candy to the mares who were also blushing. Fluttershy, Rarity and even AJ were blushing to the point their whole bodies were red. "Gosh I'm thrilled that you approve but for the last time, I'm up here! I'm up here!" Giving off a sharp, quick whistle, the shrill sound brought everypony back to reality with pointing from their eyes up to his. "I'm up here."

For around half an hour, everypony was apologising for their indiscreet actions towards the fit immortal, that it was uncouth and very rude to stare at somepony's body, especially his. Even after saying it was alright, they continued to apologise until the man threatened them the same way he did Iron Forge and his apprentice Black Hammer. It was surprising at how effective that threat was. Being the responsible one, Natsu dismissed everypony to go back to their respective jobs and/or houses, all except Rarity. All he said to her was to meet her at Carousel Boutique in an hour because they needed to talk.

When the hour had passed, Rarity thought she was genuinely in trouble. Did she do something wrong? Was it because she stared at his body earlier? Those were the only questions that raced through her mind, and each time they did, it only made her more nervous to see him. When the man actually did come knocking at her doorstep, she couldn't even look into his eyes. Nothing calm her down.

"Rarity, I need a favour." Said Natsu. That did it for her.

"A favour? Of course darling, what can I do you for?"

"I need you to make a set of clothes for me." Pulling a roll of papers from pretty much out of nowhere, he handed them to the fashionista. "Can you make this by Friday in two weeks?" He asked.

"My word," "this absolutely magnificent Sir Natsu! The colours, the composition, the design! It is all absolutely wonderful!"

"Breathe Rarity. Don't want you passing out or something." "So can you do it? If you can't that's perfectly fine."

"Oh darling, you don't know who you're talking to obviously. I am Lady Rarity, the future best fashionista in Equestria! It will take a while of course, I've never done something such as this, and the belt, that's going to be the hardest part I'm afraid."

"Already on it. I've got the royal blacksmith making the greaves, gauntlets and belt as we speak. Asked the bloke the other day while I was in the city."

"You certainly are prepared, aren't you darling? Alright, then I will focus on the rest of this outfit. May I get your measurements Natsu?" She asked, and without any further discussion, Natsu stood as still as a statue while his friend took all the measurement required from him. "Well, all done. Thank you Natsu, I'll do everything in my power to get this done for you faster than you can say 'she sells seashells by the seashore'." She smiled proudly.

"Take your time with it Rarity, there is no need for you to pull any all-nighters on my account."

"Oh but darling this needs all the work put into it this instant, that includes night time workings."

"Rarity," he said smiling, but the murderous aura he was emitting frightened the unicorn tremendously. "there is no need for you to do that. You need your beauty sleep and my outfit can wait for the mornings when you are awake, alert and fresh as a daisy. Got it?"

"Y-yes sir." She stuttered.

"Thanks Rares, I'll see ya in two weeks to pick this up."

Mental note Rarity: Always do what Natsu says. Well, I better get to work.


Later that night, Twilight spiked Natsu's tea with more poison joke. As for the reason why: "So that I may be able to study both the human male and female body." She said.

Author's Note:

Excuses for why this has taken two months longer than wanted:
- Laziness
- Writer's block
- Preparation for Year 12
- Laziness
- New story production

So yeah, that's why this single chapter has taken two months rather than two weeks. I know saying sorry won't help but I'm sorry. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this chapter and while I cannot promise anything, chapter 7 will be coming out soon too. Also, if you can spot the Scrubs reference, I'll give you a triple chocolate biscuit (or cookie depending where you're from).