• Published 26th May 2013
  • 9,596 Views, 313 Comments

Ignis Draco Nocturna - Sketch D Tail



History states that Princess Celestia banished Nightmare Moon away to the moon with the Elements of Harmony, that's true. But there was one other being present at the time who aided Celestia. A being who's magic can only be used by him and

  • ...
27
 313
 9,596

Chapter I

ATTENTION: This chapter has been redone because apparently I didn't do a good job with expanding it, it seemed rushed so I have redone the chapter. Big thanks to Chrystalis McCloud for helping me with this

Chapter I: 1000 Years Ago.......

"War brings death..and wounds and pain to both sides. There's nothing harder to accept than the deaths of those you love. So you believe they could never die. Especially those who haven't known war."
~ Nagato Uzumaki


The sounds of war cries, screams of pain, anguish and weapons colliding were echoed throughout all the land in Equestria from Pegasi, Unicorns and Earth Ponies alike for this was the war of the Sun and Moon. The war had been waging for two months now and both sides felt, no, they knew that the battle was drawing to a close, when however, nopony knew. Celestia and her sun guardians at this point were having an advantage due to the amount of soldiers on their side, but Nightmare Moon and her darkness legion weren't pushovers either, while Celestia's warriors had numbers and strength on their side, Nightmare Moon's legion had speed and agility. Meanwhile, inside the base of warriors of the sun, a soldier clad in bright red armour, showing his rank in the army, shouted loudly enough to be heard throughout the entire base.

"You possibly cannot do such a thing your majesty! You can't go alone! Not there!" beckoned the soldier towards the Princess of the Sun herself, Celestia.

"I know that admiral Sol! But what other choice do I have to protect my little ponies?!" she yelled back.

The admiral was taken back by the anger and sadness in her voice. There was a silence between her and Sol for a few moments before Sol came forth with possibly the craziest idea he's ever had in his twenty-five years of service under Princess Celestia.

"Let me come with you, your majesty" he proposed with nervousness but seriousness in his voice.

"No! Absolutely not! You are the finest stallion and greatest friend I have ever met in my army during my long years of living! I won't have you die!" Celestia loudly protested to her old friend and admiral. The two of them argued for about ten minutes stating why and why not the two of them should go to where Celestia planned to go alone, after such time, Sol gave his full resolve to go with the Princess, eventually she gave in and accepted his proposal.

"Very well then, you may come with me. Your eyes prove you won't take 'no' for an answer, there's no point in arguing any further." Princess Celestia spoke softly but sternly. The next thing Sol noticed was that her eyes changed from that of acceptance and defeat to fierceness and determination.

"This will be the turning point of the battle Admiral Sol, are you ready?" to which, he nodded almost immediately. "Tonight, you and will go to my sister's base in the forest personally and stop this war!" said the sun princess with overwhelming confidence.


-------------------------------------------------- 5 hours later ---------------------------------------------------


Sol and Princess Celestia began heading out to Nightmare Moon's base of operations, but they knew the amount of danger they were putting themselves in, one tiny mishap can cost them their lives. Even more so, since they're in the middle of a war. After half an hour of trekking carefully through the forest (the Everfree forest in later years), the princess and her admiral were only a few hundred metres southerly from her sister's base and they could see it just off in the distance.

"We're so close, it's right there!" stated the princess' companion. Celestia nodded but then sensed a presence close behind them.

"Yes, so close but no cigar I'm afraid dear sister, mr soldier" said a mature but cold, evil voice.

Celestia and Sol instantly turned around and found the source of the cold voice, Nightmare Moon, standing right behind them with a smug grin on her face whereas the other two had a look of shock and anger on their faces. No sounds were heard except for the beating hearts of Celestia and her admiral and the sound of Nightmare Moon slightly chuckling under her breath as if out of victory.

Out of shock, Sol murmured: "But....how-"

He was then cut off by Nightmare Moon quickly replying with, "How, my dear soldier? Simple: I've known with my sister long enough to know what she's thinking. I figured she would at some point in time, come see me personally. So I took the liberty of making preparations beforehand." She explained

Nightmare Moon laughed evilly but was rather rudely (in her case) interrupted by the admiral dashing up to her with a sword in his mouth, she did not like this but yet, she still smiled because at the moment Sol was in striking distance, a shadow from the forest moved towards him and struck him in the side of the muzzle, sending him flying and crashing into a tree rendering him unconscious. The shadow rose but the figure wasn't of a pony but of another creature that made Celestia begin to cower in both fear and recognition even with its face remaining in the shadows. A creature that stood on two legs and attacked with its bare hands. A human, clad in a black vest and waist cape with gold linings, white leggings a checkered white scarf and black sandals.

"Why? WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" She screamed

The creature simply remained where it was, just standing there with a look of sadness and tiredness, as if it has seen so much and lost much more. It closed its eyes, images ran through the human's mind as if flipping quickly through a scrapbook. They were his memories: his memories from before the war, memories that were close to six years old.

The very first memory was that of him walking through the forest, it was late at night, storming heavily, and he was sick with a very high fever. The last thing he knew before passing out was that he saw a midnight blue coated pony with a horn and wings coming towards him and said "Don't worry, I'll help you, now please, rest up."

Everything after that was blur, save for two voices: a voice that belonged to Celestia and another that belonged to somepony else, a slightly higher voice, similar to that of a child.

"Get rid of it now, it's a monster!" screamed the voice belonging to Celestia

"It's hurt! I can't leave it out in the storm sick like this!" protested the other voice

"You fool. Why are you being kind to this thing Luna?! You can feel its power just as much as I can, he alone has the power to beat the both of us combined!" Celestia protested back with absolute spite in her voice

"I'm a princess too, it's my duty to help all things, even if they look like they are monsters." Calmly said the younger voice

"Fine, do what you will sister. But in my opinion of that creature, it should just die." Celestia said lastly

"Please don't mind her, she doesn't understand." Said the revealing the face of Luna. "You may be dangerous but nopony should be left alone when they're in need, not even you. I'll be back in a few minutes, I'm just going to get a fresh towel and some medicinal herbs to help your recovery." The moon princess turned to leave the room but stopped when she heard a soft mumble from behind her. "Thank you, Miss Luna." Turning to look back at the being she recovered outside, she saw him bearing a weak but very visible smile. Luna couldn't bear to see him like this, so she smiled back and walked away.

--------

" 'I'll be back in a few minutes' she said. I may not have a watch but I definitely know that it's been at least an hour or two since she left." Thought the semi-conscious man, beginning to grow restless with worry. "That's it, I'm going to go find her."

As he was getting up from the bed he was given, his body caved in and he collapsed to the floor, giving off a small 'thud'. But that didn't stop him, his resolve to find the princess who saved his life from that storm wouldn't be quenched by mere body failure. He tried and failed, he tried again but failed, a third time he tried but the results were the same. "I won't give up! I will never give up!" He grunted under his breath ending in a quiet yell. Continuously and ferociously, he tried and tried again without succession, by this point in time some blood started to trickle down his forehead but he still tried and after many attempts, he stood up. He gave himself a small victory dance but it was short lived, he quickly turned towards the door and started walking.

"Excellent! Now, to go find Miss Luna, she could be in danger." He said. Stumbling, he walked towards the door of the room he was in, grasping his side for it was throbbing in extreme pain. Upon opening the door, he was greeted, well more rather rudely, with said door slamming into his face and knocking him backwards on to the floor again. After a small yelp of pain the man looked up to to see what the cause the door hitting his face was, what he saw was a large cream-white horse that stood as tall, if not a little shorter than himself, with a horn, wings and a ethernal flowing mane with the colours of the rainbow that looked upon him with a stoic and stern gaze. There was silence between the two beings, each bearing a dark gaze at each other's eyes until it was the majestic horse that spoke.

"Where do you think you're going creature?" She said while maintaining eye-contact in a wary, angry tone.

"I know that voice, you're Miss Luna's sister aren't you?" He asked when he recognised the voice. "And in answer to your question: I'm going to find her, your sister."

"Firstly, yes, I am Princess Luna's sister, so you will address me as Princess Celestia. Secondly, you're not going anywhere unless you get my permission. Thirdly, what my sister does has nothing to do with you, so go back you're undeserving bed in our castle creature." Celestia said rather crudely and descriminately. The man looked back at her with a pained fury and resolve in his eyes.

He was struggling but he stood up again with a shadow over his eyes."So you expect me to just roll over and do what you say when my saviour is possibly in danger? Don't screw with me Princess! Us mages of Fairy Tail always repay our debts, whether it be large or small, we always repay them!" He barked "So excuse me Miss Celestia, but I have someone to find!"

Celestia's eyes widened in shock and agitation, this single being was willing to help a pony, her sister, who he's only met for no more than ten minutes, while injured and sick no less. She opened her mouth to protest but was cut off by the nephilim who somehow managed to get past her and was walking through the open hallway.

"I don't care about my life, I have nothing to lose. All my friends, my family, my father, they're all gone! I have nothing left to lose, the least I could do is help the one who saved my life." he continued as he stumbled through the hall. "Oh yeah, and my name's not 'creature', it's Natsu."

"Why're you doing all this?! You shouldn't even exist in this world!"

"Heh, I guess my pride as a dragon slayer and mage of Fairy Tail won't let me die so easily."

"What did you just say? About your pride?" Questioned Celestia

"Huh? As a dragon slayer or a mage of Fairy Tail?" Natsu asked back

He turned to see Celestia's face but was hit by a hard blast which felt like being hit a sharp stone the size of Igneel's claw. The nephilim was flying backwards and even went through a wall, his wounds opened and more had been inflicted from the blast and it's aftereffects, all the while scaring any nearby ponies. He struggled to get on his feet but was hit with another blast before he could stand, this time it hit his back, causing serious pain. The next thing he knew, he was laying on his back in an unknown area, but judging by the smell, he could tell he was near the kitchen. Again trying to get up, but instead of being hit with another blast, a hoof came down on his chest with extreme force, knocking the air out of his lungs and causing him to cough up a little blood. The hoof kept applying more pressure, threatening to crush his ribs, he yelled in pain, it was loud enough to be heard everywhere. Celestia looked down on him and Natsu looked back, his eyes still holding the resolve he had before, while hers had a look of fear and anger in them.

"You cannot be allowed to live, I can feel your power and what you just said as to what you were gives me all the more reason to eliminate you."

"So you decide to take me out while I'm injured and sick? Heh, how noble of you princess."

"Enough of your insolence!" She yelled raising her hoof, ready to come down like a rocket. "Prepare to die!" Threatened Celestia with a hoof coming down strongly and quickly. Is this it? Is this how Natsu will die? Without even seeing if the princess who saved his life is alright? These questions were racing through the man's mind as the hoof of death came closer and closer and closer until a very loud scream came from above.

"SISTER!!! THOU WILL CEASE THIS TOMFOOLERY AT ONCE!!" It screamed, making Natsu cover his ears due to his sensitive hearing. The incoming hoof stopped only a hair width form Natsu's chest, the sheer air pressure from the failed hit was incredible, it caused Natsu's hair to dance wildly. That yell was very loud but very recogniseable, the man and Celestia both looked up to see a pretty mad princess Luna. Upon seeing her sister, Celestia was filled with annoyance whereas Natsu with relief to see that she was alright.

"Why did you stop me Luna? This creature is dangerous!" Celestia questioned while backing away from Natsu

"THOU SHALT GIVE US A PROPER REASON AS TO WHY YOU WERE ATTACKING HIM!"

"He said so himself! He called himself a 'dragon slayer'!" She protested

"That's what this is about!? Listen lady, my magic may be called 'dragon slayer magic' but that does not mean I have actually slayed any dragons. Where I'm from, as a little kid, dragons were extremely rare and then one day, they just disappeared without a word. I know this because my father, the one who taught me my magic, was a dragon as well. Even when he disappeared, I never used my magic to hurt innocents, I always used it to protect my friends! Especially ever since I entered the Fairy Tail guild! So don't go accusing me of being a monster until you get to know me, got that?!" He wildly screamed as he proclaimed his innocence.

As he finished both Luna and Celestia had not interruptted once during his small speech and stared at him with wide eyes as big as fishbowls. 'He was raised by a dragon?' They both thought. Luna felt sad for Natsu because the only family he had was that dragon and this 'Fairy Tail guild', but wherever that was, he wouldn't be able to see any of them again. Celestia just stared in disbelief at both how he acted and he explained his history, unable to say anything. Natsu on the other hand eventually had the adrenaline leave his body and began to feel the pain come rushing back. He was so tired and in so much pain from what he had to go through today, all he could do was lay down on his back a wriggle in pain grabbing his sides. Luna noticed this and went over to him in an attempt to help ease his pain with succession and the aid of the medicinal herbs she originally sought out for. After a few minutes, Luna moved Natsu back to his room to get him to rest again and this time, fully recover. After the incident, Celestia ordered the wall to be fixed and returned to her chambers with scorn written on her face.

With the aid of princess Luna's healing magic and the herbs, Natsu was able to make a full recovery within three days, the fractured ribs, the high fever, the lacerations, the bruised spine, everything, it was all healed. Finally able to walk properly, Natsu decide the first thing he'd do after his treatment was to go for a run, get his body back in physical shape. "Yeah, a good five kilometre run should be good and then I should ask Miss Luna if there's a gym of sorts around here." He started his run but he sensed something behind him and stopped and payed attention to his surroundings. He gave a long, tired sigh when he realised who it was that was spying on him. "I'm training as soon as I'm out of recovery because if I don't get back into peak physical shape I won't be able to fight, and if I'm unable to fight then I won't be able to protect you. Is that not okay Miss Luna?"

From out of nowhere, the moon's princess materialised behind Natsu. "How did you know that I was here? Nopony in this kingdom could ever hope to find me when I'm in that form, not even our most expert unicorns, so how?"

"You know how I said that I was raised by a dragon and that he taught me my magic?" Luna gave a nod to let Natsu continue."Well, dragon slayer magic allows the user to take on the all physical qualities of a dragon. That includes: a dragon's sense of sight, smell and hearing." To say that Luna was shocked would be an understatement, her jaw was slack and almost hitting the floor. She snapped out of her daze and asked with amazement and bewilderment in her eyes.

"So, you mean to say that your body is on par to that of a dragon's?" She dazily asked

"To sum it all up, yeah basically." Natsu replied with a slightly bored expression.

"What about fire?" Again she asked.

"Doesn't affect me whatsoever. My skin is like dragon scales, abling me to dissolve fire, I have dragon-like lungs to breathe fire and my hands are like dragon claws to attack with fire. So in all essence, should a dragon attack me with fire, I can simply eat it and attack with the same fire only twice as powerful."

"Can you show me? Please?"

"Sure thing, but, what about your sister?"

"Please, don't mind 'Tia, she just wants to protect me since I am her little sister as well as the rest of the citizens of Equestria." Luna explained

" 'Tia? Oh, I get it now. Well okay, if you're sure then sit back and enjoy the show!" He said with a wide, cheeky smile. Instantly after he finished talking, he clenched his hands into fists and brought them together to create a small 'smack' noise. When he did so, Luna noticed a large circular mark appear in front of his fists but what got her attention the most from it was that a dragon's head was in the middle of the marking. The next thing she knew, she was staring at Natsu's hands which were currently set ablaze but the flames weren't flickering like a normal, wild fire would, no, these flames were calm, full of careness and compassion, as if there was no threat in them to begin with. Luna could not help but stare at Natsu and his flames in awe as well as some happiness.

"So beautiful." She said simply with her wide eyes and soft smile

"Fire isn't evil, sure it burns everything it touches but fire could be most likely the world's greatest creation ever. Otherwise we'd have nothing to light our way with, we'd be left in the dark. But the same applies to the darkness, it isn't evil, it's scary but not evil, that's why we have your moon to light our way too, that's why I like the night more than the day." Natsu replied smiling as well.

Luna began to blush, even through her midnight-blue coat it could be seen. Upon seeing this, Natsu was desperately trying to hold back his laughter but to no avail, he let a few giggles escape his mouth. "Hehe, I'm sorry princess but I truly did not mean to see that happen." Keeping his smile, he closed his eyes and turned his head to the open sky. "The day is warm and bright but it's too loud with everyone, sorry, everypony outside but why I favour the night more is its quietness, its peace, its serenity. I feel at ease when the night comes, like I have nothing to worry about in the entire world." He continued, all the while Luna's blushing grew to a ferocious red in colour. But his smile faded and turned into a frown. "But I can't live like that all my life, I need something to protect."

Luna stared at him inquisitively and her blush faded away. "What do you mean you 'need something to protect'?" She asked, craning her heard sideways in confusion.

"What I mean is that I want to protect someone with my life on the line, and that one is you." He got down on his knees, arms out, hands on the ground and bowed his head. "Please! I beg of you! Make me your personal student and guardian! You saved my life and I could never be able to repay that debt, at least let me do this much. Please." He said, pleading as hard as he could.

"Would you really do that? Just for me taking you in these last few days?"

"Gladly, and I'd do it a thousand times over if I could."

"Well then, we happily dub thee Sir Natsu, 'the lunar dragon', our personal student and guardian." Proclaimed Luna as she touched her horn on each of his shoulders . "Arise my student we have plenty to teach you." To which Natsu gladly complied with, giving a bow as he stood up again.

"Yes, my lady." He said formally as he finished bowing.

Meanwhile, somewhere high in the castle, Celestia was looking down upon what had transpired between the human and her sister from her quarters. The look of scorn and anger clearly written on her muzzle. "Hmph! Don't think that this is over between us Natsu, should one day you betray my sister and I, I will take your life without a second thought for you are a danger to us all." she growled as she walked towards the hall beyond her chambers.

Natsu hearing this with his dragon-like ears, simply smirked and talked under his breath. "Heh, well then I promise I won't let either of you down I swear on my pride I won't."

Author's Note:

Whoo! First chapter! Righto, so this is my first fan-fic, I hope it satisfies you. I am open to any criticism if I've done anything wrong, so please let me know where there needs improving. This story has just been plaguing my mind for he last few weeks and I've only been able to get it on now because of exams, so I had to put it off until afterwards. Anyway, as I said, any criticism is great be it bad criticism or good, anything that can help me with this story getting better. I'll try my best to get the next chapter up as soon as possible. That's all from me, later!

- Ciaossu, Sketch